A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Mikujin »

Vote: Shadow1psc

Because when I see that Scott Pilgrim avatar I get all sad on the inside. Mostly because of how terrible it is.

Raise: Mikujin
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Mikujin »

chesskid3 wrote:to clarify, at lylo shadow will ignore any townreads he has acquired throughout the game and follow any claimed investigative result. You disagree with that, Shadow?
Jesus I saved your ass from being mislynched. You reward me by going full retard at lylo.

So I don't actually need him to be scum to want him gone.
Shadow1psc wrote:Anyway, I'm going to ignore chesskid and the irony he brings to the table for now.
Girls, girls, you're
both
very pretty.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Mikujin »

Bwuh, I have been prodded. Apologies, I apparently didn't have this bookmarked and totally forgot about it over the work week. Guess I've got some catching up to do when I get home from work.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Mikujin »

unraise
unvote

Benmage has insisted he's town several times, and I care little for that. DGB keeps making lists, I abhor them (especially since they seem largely arbitrary). Grey is over-enthusiastic. Shadow seems new and silly (and is another one of those guys dropping "Aww shucks I'm not scum!" lines). Most others are either quiet or contemplative. I think I'm largely caught up now.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Mikujin »

Twilight Sparkle wrote:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:Also, to the town at large: do we agree that popping governor immediately on a target no one wants lynched is the way to go?
If no one wants the target lynched then it begs asking: why is said person being lynched in order for a governor to need to save them?

Ultimately, whoever gets the governor power is going to rely on gut (barring role-specific information).
Twilight Sparkle wrote:If you're not voting, you're not caught up.
I'm choosing to withhold it until such time as I'm certain of my convictions. While it's by no means dangerous for me to use it at this point, I've no grounded suspicion of any one person at this time.

Likewise, I've not raised a new person for much the same reason; no one stands out and above as an example to the rest of us.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by Mikujin »

GreyICE wrote:Uh, guys, am I the only person who sees anything fucking wrong here?
Locke Lamora wrote:Mikujin's brief catchup posts have been entirely underwhelming and, as it seems Grey has noticed, his reason for not voting seems contradictory to his previous post. Not only that, but if anyone can read through 14 pages and not find a good reason to vote anyone, it suggests scumhunting is hard work, which is often a good indicator of scum.
Pray tell, what's wrong with playing rather reserved? What's contradictory in pointing out a few things I've a distaste for and not following it up with a vote? I'm in no rush to make knee-jerk decisions based on isolated incidents that ping my gut. And whilest you've pointed out, Locke, that there's 14 pages worth of reading one can do, consider we've still more than a week to further poke and probe at the minds of others. Rushing in hastily leads to rash decisions and tunnel-vision.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Mikujin »

xvart wrote:
Mikujin, 309 wrote:Shadow seems new and silly (and is another one of those guys dropping "Aww shucks I'm not scum!" lines).
I think I've only seen the "dammit I'm not scum" once. What is your experience with this? Is it indicative of alignment?
It's largely a null tell but varies based on individual player. I've very little experience with most of the dudes here, so it's hard to say whether it readily points towards scummitude or not. It's just not something I'm fond of seeing.
GreyICE wrote:You're not telling me in 14 pages there are no scum reads. I don't want town reads, town reads are easy for the scum to fake. You're over apologetic, you're not commenting on anyone's behavior, you're not scumhunting. And I think it's because you're scum and just taking the easy way out and hoping we let you slide because there's other shiny toys to play with.

Garbage. Garbage, garbage, garbage. I am not interested, I want to know who you would lynch and way. Not this 'standing back and not taking responsibility for our lynch.' Tell me your reads, and we'll see what we want to do with them.
There aren't any reads that I'd say are definite indications of scum; there are people I am wary of and distrust (DBG for example), and there are people I just plain don't like (you for example). Simply because my play differs from what you want or expect is hardly grounds for calling it garbage. If you think you're going to bully me into doing something (similar to DBG's demand of hascow) you're just plain wrong.
Twilight Sparkle wrote:A quick skim of your ISO in Newbie 959 goes against this line of thought. I see you replaced in and even placed a player at Lynch-1. There also seems to be a number of other votes placed that goes against the whole “I like to with hold my vote” line you are touting here.

What's the difference between then and now?
Oh, I dunno, about 10 months? I've played exactly two games on Mafiascum (959 and Clash of Kings). I do play elsewhere, but I'd hardly consider play drawn from nearly a year ago relevant content - especially given that two games is hardly a sample size worth analyzing.
Magua wrote:We're nowhere near a lynch. Your vote is not set in stone. Vote. This goes for Xtoxm, as well.
Once again, if you think you're going to bully me into doing what you want, you can think again. I've got a spine, and a head on my shoulders. I'll vote when I'm confident in the one I'm making.

Expect another post this evening when I'm home from work.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Mikujin »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Hascow, you couldn't possibly have missed this:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Nice choice, hascow is probscum. That old role might be the inspiration that gave him the idea that he could get away with a lot of nonsense by faking a post restriction.

I WANT TO SEE
HASCOW
BREAK THE POST RESTRICTION IN HIS NEXT POST.
Break it, break it now. And make it worthwhile.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:DGB STFU. If it was true you're asking for a neutral survivor modkill...goddamn.
Who sayz? Mods don't modkill for a post restriction fail.
You know what, trying to outguess the mod's PR penalties while simultaneously making an asinine demand is unacceptable.
vote DrippingGoofBall

I'm led to believe you're not as absolutely insane as this seems, so I hope you smarten up.

Preview Edit:
Eddard Stark wrote:
If a PR was in this game and was to be broken the intent behind the post would have to be judged by the moderating team. In the event we felt a player had purposely broken a PR to gain an advantage a modkill would be considered and likely carried out.
Especially given the mod's input, continuing to demand he break his PR is further demand for suicide which in and of itself is not a town behavior. I stand by my vote.
raise Benmage

For actually being sane enough to realize how silly DGB is being.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Mikujin »

xvart wrote:You need to explain how hascow proving he has a post restriction gives him an advantage, which is what is worthy of a modkill.
Wait what? I'm not trying to imply it is somehow advantageous for him to have a restriction. I'm saying it's scummy of DGB to attempt to issue an ultimatum to him simply because he has one.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Mikujin »

LynchMePls wrote:Why is it "unacceptable"?
We don't know his alignment, and we did not at the time know what penalties might be in effect for breaking a post restriction. If hascow is town, getting modkilled simply because DGB is not acceptable without the full support of the town, which - as far as I can tell - she does not have.
xvart wrote:No, I'm saying that Eddard Stark said a modkill would result if it was purposely broken
to gain an advantage
. When broken the intent would be judged and consequences by that would be decided. So my question was based on your preview edit where you blanket statement said that forcing him to break his post restriction would result in a modkill, and I wanted you to explain how breaking his post restriction to prove he had a post restriction gains him an advantage.
I must've read over the mod's note a little too quickly, missed the specific clause that cited advantage gained would translate to modkill. That said, I'm still not a big fan of DGB tunneling on a post restriction. For example:
DrippingGoofball wrote:And notice how hascow is cowering under a bail of hay and barely participating since I showed up at the farm driving the slaughterhouse truck.

Fire up the BBQ, we're having steak.
It's this kind of goofy overconfident crap I particularly dislike. Instead of trying to make sense of hascow's posting and make find a fault to call him scum, she's simply calling him scum because he won't break the PR, and senselessly riding him for it. I see no reason for it.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Mikujin »

Also:
@Mod:
Impending V/LA for late this week or early next. I'm not sure on specifics yet and will get back to you as soon as possible regarding this.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by Mikujin »

LynchMePls wrote:ITT we learn that Mikujin does not understand how DGB operates. He also does not know what "unacceptable" really means.
I've played with her once when she was a hybrid in last year's Clash of Kings. Beyond that I've played one other game here so I can honestly say I'm none too familiar with how she operates.
Kast wrote:Is that a serious vote? It reads like you are just placing a vote to placate the mob and DGB provided the first excuse.
I dislike the idea DGB is pushing, I think it's a pick at perceived low-hanging-fruit (so to speak).
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by Mikujin »

@Mod:
Can confirm I'll be gone starting this Thursday through til Tuesday next week for holidays. Might have intermittent net access, not certain as of yet.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Mikujin »

Locke Lamora wrote:I'm tired of people talking about the governor ability. Let's lynch Mikujin. I get the feeling her DGB votes are more based on the idea that DGB is being stupid than DGB is being scummy. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of conviction that DGB is actually scum.
I'm male, for the record.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Mikujin »

Being gone for nearly a week and ending up just about 10 pages behind has just left me in a bad place. I just don't have the time to keep up with the game, sorry guys.

@Mod:
Requesting a replacement, please.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”