A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #119 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Nexus »

Man alive. A quick start.

Number 1: hasg's role is going to make life difficult, unless we can come up with some way to understand him. A dictionary of sorts.

Number 2: self-voting to raise is dumb. We won't ever reach a majority if everyone self votes. Perhaps not giving anyone it at all is the best solution, particularly if scum got their hands on it, as has already been mentioned.

Number 3: Even I don't support plynches. Not even on CK.

@BL I am not sure. That was my immediate thought as well. So, it may well be a gambit.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #257 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Nexus »

I'm torn about Benmage.

I think that he needs to abandon his "LET'S LYNCH ALL VIs" because it's pretty obvious noone is going to support it. So, leave it, and move on. Do some scum hunting.

I don't quite get why people are so eager to raise him, perhaps it's past experience with him. Since there is like four or five people that I've played with before here, I can't use that as a reason for raising someone,
especially as one of them is CK
*shot* However, I'm not convinced. What'll happen if we don't vote anyone to be raised? Does the power then disappear from the game?

GreyICE is striking me as scummiest so far. His constant repetition of "I don't trust anyone but myself yet" and other such phrases is grating on me, and he seems just too determined to get himself raised to the governor role. Whoever gets it should probably not be demanding it. Realistically. The argument with DGB is getting tedious. Why is DGB obvscum, exactly? Please, lay it out for us plebs.

I'm also of the opinion that DGB is leaning to be town rather than scum. I don't know why. I hate myself for saying this, but gut? perhaps. I'm not convinced by any of his attempts at "I'm gonna NK you" blustering, either.

vote: greyICE
This is the scummiest person I've found so far.

I almost voted Raivann for post #143 when I was re reading, but later posts changed my mind. Votes with no explanation, even in RVS (I'm not entirely convinced we were still in RVS) aren't helpful.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #261 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Nexus »

Anyone who states they wouldn't use the governor ability, imo is a dirty liar.

We have no way of proving that they would or wouldn't use it. Say you had a solid town read on someone, but noone would listen. He's just been lynched. You have a governor role. Would you seriously not use it?

And if they're scum anyway, believing the "I won't use it" line is dumb.

I refuse to raise someone who says "I won't use it" until we get more solid content so as we can trust them.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #264 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Nexus »

Hey now, I didn't mention the lists.

I don't like town/scum lists anyway. Especially not this damn early. Now it's just "Here are the people I like = town", "here are the people I don't know = null", "here is someone who took a shit on my dog = SCUM." They're dumb now, and not all that useful for the majority of other times. I concede sometimes they can be useful, particularly if there are glaring inconsistencies in the space of like a week, but generally just no.

So I do take your point on why you think she's scum. I don't think lists are inherently scummy, but I don't think they provide anything useful.

I don't believe that you would use it on confirmed/confirmable townies. I don't trust you to throw it away Day 1 either. That's why I don't want you to have it. The only people who should get it, if any, is someone who is absolutely confirmed 100% as townie. That's very unlikely to happen on Day 1, so I'd rather not raise anyone at all. If push comes to shove and someone presents a decent case, then maybe I'll change my mind, but that's my current opinion on the matter. Your case isn't convincing, fyi.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #267 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Nexus »

Or I could just not give it to you.

You're pushing this too hard to be convincing.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #298 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by Nexus »

I'd best go v/la until Tuesday evening. I randomly ended up being able to go to my girlfriend's.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #300 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Nexus »

#1 #8 and #9 in his ISO. They seem to be at least making some effort to scum hunt.

I mean, the fact it was a vote with no real explanation isn't good, but at least some more effort was made.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #485 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Post by Nexus »

"If they use AIM or whatever to share ideas, they're town." - Stupid comment. Prove it. Why are you so intent on proving that the hydra is town anyway?

Stupid town lists.

Ben keeps trying to get us to raise him. I'm not a fan of this. Insisting you're town and the best case for raising isn't convincing. Scumhunt and prove you're a useful asset instead.

DGB's insistence on Hascow breaking his post restriction is kinda ridiculous.

Chesskid is surprisingly quiet compared to the last game I read where he was town.

Mikujin failing to put up some form of vote after his catch up is pretty bad. I was always under the impression that on Day 1, generally any vote is better than no vote, even if it only just clarifies your position on someone.

Xtoxm's post after his prod is a list of town/scum. Go away and come back with some real substance. And he doesn't have a vote out.

Mikujin's thing about "YOU'RE NOT GONNA BULLY ME INTO VOTING" smacks of someone desperate to try and win sympathy and get people to ignore him not voting. It's scummy not to have a vote out.

Raivann seriously wants to raise Chesskid or Shadow? Has he seen how they've played before?

Shadow's response was lulzworthy.

I don't like the way Hascow posts. I'm struggling to understand them. That, in itself, may be me being thick, but it's pretty hard to get a read on him when I can't tell what's going on. I don't know whether this makes him scummy, we can't tell whether or not he's supposed to be like that. I don't want him to break his posting restriction purely to satiate my lack of understanding.

Zoraster, y u rolefish?

Magua, why the flip are you raising Percy? He hasn't done ANYTHING at all. He's sick. Waste of time. Might as well have not raised him.

Ooh finally Mikujin throws out a vote. He has a point though, DGB trying to outguess mod penalties is pretty damn bad. Down boy, down.

GreyICE, asking "are you sure enough that Hascow is scum that you would be willing to be lynched tomorrow if he flips town?" is terrible play. I am not a fan of that. Just when I was getting a townier read on you, you come out with a line like that. These stupid lynch bets aren't helpful to anyone. Likewise DGB, don't agree to it. That doesn't give you town points. It just makes you look stupid.

Dana comes in and buddies with DGB, all three of his points are "OMGILOVEYOUDGB"

Pointless speculation on SoIaF replacing out is pointless. For all you know his dad might've died. Probably not, but saying that the slot is scum based on that and his lack of posts before is a bit silly.

Hey, Bunnylover has posted again. I don't really remember much from Bunnylover's posts. A couple of them are buddied up with DGB on Hascow, but that's about it.

Ok, so DGB just focussing on the Hascow is similar to his only focussing on GreyICE earlier. This, to me, is scummy. Look at the rest of the damn player list. If Hascow is faking his post restriction, so be it. I don't think it's enough to lynch him yet, and it seems like you don't have enough support for it, so why not focus on looking at who everyone else thinks is scummy, and help build a case against them?

I'm less convinced of GreyICE as scum now.

unvote

Vote: DGB

Will you please stop tunnelling on Hascow. It seems to me he won't break his restriction. I don't think he'll be the lynch. Let's stop this now.

Elsewhere, I'm thinking scummy are Bunnylover and Dana for their (what I perceive to be) buddying of DGB, and perhaps zoraster for his vig fishing.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #518 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Nexus »

DGB: You telling me you're a townie doesn't convince me that you're a townie. Sorry, but no. GreyICE was focussing on you also, yes. I called him out on it as well.

A lynch on hascow wouldn't be more efficient. He won't break his post restriction. We'll just waste time lynching him when we could lynch someone else instead, and see if it resolves itself.

zoraster: In no way did you mention given names. You mentioned the role of vigilante. That's a role. Fishing. Rolefishing. Try again later.

Magua: Thanks, I missed that.

Opinion on diddin: I agreed with his point on GreyICE in his first post. Not with his townread on DGB though. Disagree with his opinion on Benmage. Vote on Magua is a bit weak, really. Generally, Diddin hasn't really been posting much outside of talking about the VI/vigging debate, and answering some questions. I'm not convinced he should be the first lynch, anyhow.

Twilight: Hey, I answered that in like my first post. I thought that ICE was scummy for pushing far too hard on the raise issue. He was being borderline desperate, and it wasn't really town behaviour in my opinion. Basically, I refuse to raise anyone who has stated a desire to want the power and to "use it for the greater good." I think that's scummy and unconvincing. So no.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #582 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:32 am

Post by Nexus »

@Mod: Is DGB definitely replacing out?

Mod ~ We're not sure. DGB hasn't responded to the PM explaining the steps that have been taken. We are not currently searching for a replacement for her, just for GreyICE. Speaking of which, if you know somebody who wants in, act now.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #630 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Nexus »

Who do we want to lynch? Or who does Chesskid want to lynch? Raivann, zoraster or MoI?

Helpful hascow.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #664 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Nexus »

LMP I think he wants you to explain why you think Raivann (the first name hence the one finger) should be vigged. Perhaps.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #761 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Nexus »

Didn't I unvote yet?

unvote
I don't think scum would've reacted to GreyICE the way DGB did. So, I'm unvoting for now.

Bedtime though, will ISO the main suspects of people tomorrow.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #806 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Nexus »

Of the two leading wagons, I am still not really seeing the zoraster case. Sure, he's said scummy things, but he's done more scumhunting than Raivann. Sure, he was over defensive when he was accused of rolefishing, but other than that, the only other reasons I've seen are him not raising-I and six others aren't raising. It's not scummy. The other thing was him posting elsewhere. If he had been doing it for weeks at an end, then yeah, it's a problem. He isn't. It's a null tell.

On the other hand, Raivann hasn't really posted much of any use. His ISO looks scummier, imo, than zoraster.

vote: Raivann
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #808 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by Nexus »

I think he's said and done some scummy things.

I don't think he's as scummy as Raivann. I don't think he should be the lynch today, Raivann should.

Granted I've only quickly re-read his ISO, but I will read the entire thread again before the deadline and see if that changes my mind, but I don't think he's as scummy as Raivann. He seems to have been defending himself against posting elsewhere, in more than one post. I don't see how that's a scumtell this early in the game. If he had been posting elsewhere and hadn't been posting here for a week, then yeah, it's scummy. A couple of days? No.

Perhaps I should rephrase. I can see the case, or most of it. I disagree that he's the scummiest person here.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #844 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Nexus »

If I have to raise anyone, it will be Has. If you're demanding a raise, I'll raise the cow.

raise: Hascow
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #984 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Nexus »

I am currently sick. v/la until at least evening tomorrow.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1063 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:41 am

Post by Nexus »

I still have the residual of sickness, but I'll see what I can do.

Well, first. I don't understand why Thor is continually posting, but says he hasn't read from page 9. Surely the only way you're going to be able to contribute properly to the game is to read the entire thing?

Also Bunnylover has jumped out as scummy to me because of her contradiction about thinking someone is scum but not voting them. Surely you vote whoever you think is scummiest? I thought that was the rules of the game. Also, refusing to nominate. Nominating someone for this is a lot different to nominating someone to be hand. Still don't agree with the Hand election either.

I dunno what Benmage's case is on me, so I can't really answer it.

Raivann hasn't really done much to convince me of his townieness. "I agree with Benmage" isn't really something which is helpful.

Zdenek: It's not really a defence. I didn't think Diddin should've been the first lynch yesterday. I was merely stating fact. I would've got bitched out if I'd voted Raivann and ignored the Diddin case, and I get bitched out for mentioning it. There's literally one thing that's a "defense", which is "I agree with his GreyICE case." That's it. The rest I'm criticising him. Yes, he flipped as scum. So I made a mistake.

So yeah. I still think that Raivann is scum, and Bunnylover is my second bet. I've never really played with a hydra, so I'm gonna have to re read Sparkle again to see what I can get off of her.

Bunny was convinced that Hascow was faking his post restriction. She pushed this quite strongly, despite others pointing out how it probably was true. ISO #17 is pretty stupid thing to post. Also trying to get LL to claim against the now-fake claim of Diddin is :/worthy.

I'd rather lynch Raivann, so
vote: Raivann
nominate: BunnyLover
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1066 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Nexus »

I can't see a town reason for not believing in your own convictions and therefore voting for them.

Saying "I think this but I'm not gonna vote yet" covers BL's ass if BL needs to jump on that wagon, or allows BL to change tack and attack someone else instead without seeming to vote hop.

It's more of an ass covering tactic, and it's quite a good one if it's not picked up on. Generally VIs just vote whatever they want, screw the consequences.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1081 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Nexus »

So, what you're saying is if we get Raivann to a lynch, you'll govern it and we will have to change our mind?

If you clarify this I will probably listen to you. For today.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1087 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Nexus »

Right well that's fair enough then.

I don't mind following you now you've given an explanation. I'll listen to it for today.

Out of those people you're sanctioning, at the moment I will vote Thor, based on the fact he hasn't bothered reading most of the thread but insists on polluting it with stuff.

unvote

vote: Thor
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1093 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Nexus »

Why do you want Twilight, though?

You're throwing out all these demands but not backing them up.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1096 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Nexus »

Why don't you answer my question first? Something to hide?

I also said earlier I didn't do town lists. I'll indulge you this once.

Hascow
Myself
Leaning towards Locke and DGB as well.

You're up there too.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1097 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Nexus »

I will elaborate. I initially thought DGB was scummy. However, the interaction with GreyICE and subsequence actions make DGB seem more townish to me.

Locke also reads as town to me.

Let me guess, YOU OBJECT?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1100 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Nexus »

Ha. I actually forgot Magua. I was looking down the front page and seeing who was scummy, eliminating them, then remembering what I read from others.

Ok thanks. That seems like an actual case. Working together makes for a happier town :D
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1104 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Nexus »

C'mon Ben, it's a game. Can we cut out the personal attacks?

You've told us all we fucking suck, and called Dana an obstinate prick. It's not really on.

If you want people to listen, stop acting like a jerk.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1191 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by Nexus »

Raivann wrote:Xvart- You're questions have become tiresome and boring.
Aka he's asked you a difficult one and you don't want to answer it for fear of looking scummy?

Xvart: I find anyone who gets that het up about personal attacks and suchlike has, in my experience, mostly been town. So, it's going from general experience on the site. No doubt you're about to tell me I'm completely wrong, but eh, what can I say?

mod: I'm still sick. It's not going away. Still semi-v/la until Monday because I have real life things to do as well. I should then be completely better.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1372 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Nexus »

I'm able to mod my game in whilst ill because it requires next to know thought. However, playing requires more thought. I'm also not at home. I'm back properly tomorrow after I finish work, I am no longer sick. I had to make a choice between remaining active as a mod or a player, and I chose the moderating.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1430 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Post by Nexus »

unvote
I'm going to re read and see what's changed now I'm back from v/la.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1431 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by Nexus »

Post #1193: C'mon Twilight, you're a hydra, it's mafia, inevitably people are going to come up with crap reasons as to why you're scum. Usually the scummy ones. Getting shirty about it isn't a good idea :D

Hito's catchup post seemed to be a lot of fluff and not a lot of meat. It's far from convinced me of TS' towniness. The contradictions between reads on the TS head is kinda concerning. I'm town but I'm scummy? Zdenek is town but scummy? What.

#1197 DGB could you be a bit more specific?

#1216 BunnyLover only addresses the two votes on her, completely ignoring the HUGE Twilight's Sparkle votes, and the various other things that have come up. BL, you're not the only person in the game who has votes, what're your opinions on other wagons?

#1226 is pretty convincing re: Feysal. I don't like the "Brynden Tully is relatively obscure" and then him being part of a 3/4 Stark. It contradicts itself.

Shadow1psc seems to have just ducked under and not posted much content, but posting fluff to ensure he a) avoids a prod and b) doesn't get noticed for being missed. #1231 is proof of this. Granted, Thor does something similar the post before, but Thor is catching up and we did ask him to stfu until he had read up.

#1233 does a good job at addressing the good case that LMP had on him.

#1241 gives some reasons for the changing reads. I wonder if they'll have a more solid read on me now.

#1242 Raivann, that isn't scumhunting. Unsurprising, really.

#1243 BL pot kettle black? "To me its seems like your trying to appear scum hunting, while you aren't."

*you're. Anyway, it seems to me like all you've done is picked one random big post, and decided to attack it. You completely ignore Feysal, TS and others' posts.

#1249 Setael votes for me, on Thursday, to "welcome me back" from my v/la. I was on v/la until last night/today. So, he basically found somewhere to park his vote for four days without having to do anything. He's read the entire thread, and that's his complete thoughts? "I'll vote someone who isn't here, ignore the important issues, and carry on" Rather scummy.

#1253 SottySparkle likes Setael's opening post. What about his subsequent two posts, in particular post #1249?

#1260 What. I see no reason to play this. Granted, it stops us speculating, but it also opens up a new can of worms. As if we needed another distraction.

Shadows next two posts are pretty contentless.

#1298 I thought we established that LL wasn't Petyr, and was getting shafted by the now-dead Oberyn/zoraster? Nice reading of the thread, Raivann.

TS' case on Zdenek is pretty full on and fairly good. Seems like a lot of effort for a scumbag to go to try to serve a mislynch, particularly when there are many easier mislynches around in the game.

LMP has managed to destroy all of Feysal's claims against him, and I'm getting more and more convinced of Feysal's guilt.

#1321 another vote on me whilst v/la. This also has no real reasoning. Why? He also doesn't mention me at all in the post, and yet still votes for me.

DGB's posts #1332 and 1333 are incredibly rubbish. Ever since she threatened to ragequit and got somewhat of a free pass, her posting has got crap. She hasn't posted any content. Possibly scum coasting? Maybe some actual scumhunting would be useful.

Ghostlin's #1334 isn't doing anything useful either. He had a few points towards LMP in his last post, but seems to have forgotten about it.

Feysal's final sentence in #1363 is like "oh woe is me." AtE. Scummy.

#1371 Setael attempts to deflect any and all suspicion to me, just because I've got a declared v/la.

#1379 "lengthy deathy flavour." I typed it in about five minutes. It took me longer to format the frigging post. Ten minutes max to do the entire thing. I've been re-reading this thread for over an hour now. ~understand?~

#1402 so because one hydra head is writing a case on the accused mean a second hydra head can't weigh in with their thoughts? Or are your reads on MoI so wildly different you don't want to have massive schizophrenia?

Kast: I think most of us didn't want to go against Ben because say we only get a lynch on one of his non-approved candidates two days before the deadline, and he decides he doesn't want them lynched, he'll govern that lynch, and try and get a new one in two days. That's going to be difficult. Most of us would rather just do as we're told today, just to make life easier. Otherwise the thread will just be clogged up with Ben shouting at us all, like he does. I do, in general, agree with #1424 though.

Right. I'm caught up.

The main wagons are Twilight, BL, Feysal and Zdenek. I don't believe Twilight is scum. BL has been vetoed by the governor. That leaves Feysal and Zdenek. Out of the two cases, I find the Feysal one to be more convincing.

I'd also like to highlight how Raivann has still not really done much scumhunting, and is still near the top of my list. I'm not going to waste time voting for her though because the lynch isn't going to happen. The "worried your mislynch isn't going to happen" line is a particular favourite. It reads as somewhat of an AtE.

Setael is also rather scummy. As I pointed out, he's put out a few wishywashy comments, parked his vote on me for a little while, before moving it onto Feysal.

Anyway, sorry for the wall, but
vote: Feysal
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1433 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:24 am

Post by Nexus »

Anyone who is off any of the wagons in both voting and nominating, would you care to reread and decide where you want to go, or are you staying off of the wagons for the rest of the day? Since we haven't that much time left, maybe it's time to take a stand?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1445 (isolation #31) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Nexus »

It's a bullshit reason for voting, Setael. You're seriously grasping. Do you not think that if I weren't v/la, someone else would've picked up on it? You're talking out of your ass, and as soon as you got called out on it, you backtracked.

You'd soon be bitching if I had neglected vote counts or the flip after the lynch. I don't understand how you couldn't have fathomed that I might put a game I'm modding above a game I'm playing in? You're backtracking a hell of a lot.

Also, pretty sure this is moving dangerously close to talking about ongoing games territory. Long story short, you were looking for an easy place to park your vote, and had you not been called out on it, you would've kept it there.

I wasn't convinced that DGB was a PR. I thought her blustering was to indicate she was a vig or something. Perhaps I'm misreading/misunderstanding it. As for the zoraster stuff: I didn't think he was scum. That's why I wasn't voting him. I was voting who I thought was scum. I thought that was the point of the game?

Parking votes on v/la players, unless they have wagons already on them, is a pretty soft way of coasting through the game. When challenged, you can just say "Oh I'll change my vote when he responds" or something similar. It's akin to never taking a stance.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1451 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Nexus »

The fact I thought Raivann was scummier than he was. That's why I voted Raivann over Diddin.

Sorry, I thought that was obvious by the fact I voted Raivann over Diddin.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1452 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Nexus »

And I felt DGB was initially scummier than Diddin. So I kept my vote on her before I saw how scummy Raivann was.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I didn't think Diddin was scum. He was. I made a mistake.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1492 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Nexus »

I thought Littlefinger was a dirty traitor?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1496 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Nexus »

During ASOS, Littlefinger a) travels to the Eyrie to woo Lysa, b) Buys Sansa, c) admits to being a part of Joff's death and d) kills Lysa.

So yes. He is a dirty traitor. Obviously, I don't know how much flavour reflects reality.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1551 (isolation #36) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by Nexus »

Re: The fakeclaim.

I think it's suspicious that now both Zoraster and Feysal have used Littlefinger in their claim. I can't see Littlefinger being Lannister aligned, but to be fair, that's mod WIFOM. More suspicious about the two different people using Littlefinger in their claim.

Twilight:"At least we lose very little if Feysal is telling the truth - Voyeur is a pretty useless role." That's a pretty scummy sentence. Any town PR is valuable. I still don't believe Feysal is telling the truth, but just highlighting this attitude.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1581 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Nexus »

@LL I don't see how it's a scumslip. I believe his Petyr Baelish claim is a
fakeclaim.
That's why I said "fakeclaim." If I thought it was a real claim, I would've said "claim." Surely the fact that Zoraster also pulled Littlefinger out and accused you of being him indicates that Littlefinger is one of those characters that isn't in fact in the game?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1618 (isolation #38) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:00 am

Post by Nexus »

I have a question for Ben, if he gets here before day ends.

Are you planning on giving us an arbitrary list of lynches tomorrow, or are we allowed to lynch freely?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1781 (isolation #39) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by Nexus »

Sorry, I got busy again.

I've also got the dentist this afternoon, and there's the possibility I may be having a wisdom tooth removed, so I could be incoherent for another couple of days.

Raivann: Yes, I did, Post #1191.

Thor and Magua: Both your votes on me have come out of nowhere. Care to state a case? Thor, does that mean you're finally caught up?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1814 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Nexus »

Resorting to insults, Shadow? How about constructing a decent defence?

Scum who are caught usually resort to insults. Convince me you're town within your next post or I'll vote you.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1817 (isolation #41) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Nexus »

That's nice for you Thor.

Likewise, Shadow, I'm not too worried about proving myself.

You're right, Raivann is still scummy, but you're the one who's resorted to insults. That's pretty classless play.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1819 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Nexus »

Probably because you've got about 150 posts, and most of them are one-liners. Many of them quoting wiki terms and generally offering very little.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1822 (isolation #43) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Nexus »

ISO #153. You say OMGUS. Pretty sure that's a wiki term.

#141 Occam's Razor

#134 WIFOM

#10 WIFOM

Ok I thought there were more. But, you have used wiki terms :P

Definitely sure what they'll all mean, yes sir?

But yeah, your posts are generally one liners, and a lot of them aren't as constructive as they could be.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1926 (isolation #44) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Nexus »

@Magua: What, so the fact I'm pushing a lynch on the "easy" lynches makes me scum? Perhaps I'm pushing them because they're the ones I most vehemently believe in? Jeez. I'm sorry, would you rather me find a scummy post of someone town (let's say Benmage for argument's sake) and push and push it, even though he's obviously not scum, but because he's a difficult to lynch that makes me townier? Bull.

Regardless, I still believe that Raivann is scum. His vote on Shadow and then TS and the reasons for them are weak. This only serves to reinforce my belief that he's scum.

VOTE: Raivann

In other news, Andrius' catch up post would've been more use if he'd commented on everyone thoroughly.

I don't disagree that I'm not the greatest scumhunter, but eh. Magua is blinded by his wrong idea that I'm scum.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1928 (isolation #45) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Nexus »

Oh. There's a surprise.

You don't stick with your convictions, instead voting someone else.

Three swaps in as many pages on Day 3. Really?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1929 (isolation #46) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Nexus »

EBWOP and before anyone else starts, I've been advocating a Raivann lynch for a while. I only went to Feysal because I didn't believe his claim, and it didn't look like Raivann was getting lynched.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1959 (isolation #47) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Nexus »

Benmage wrote:
Nexus wrote: In other news, Andrius' catch up post would've been more use if he'd commented on everyone thoroughly.
Is this for fucking real...?

NEXUS before posting ends lets hear detailed opinions on everyone in the game and your ranging view on them from town to scum. THOROUGHLY

It should be easy, since you've already read the game and must have great insight readily available and easy to describe to us poor lost souls.

And yet, no. That's not my style, and I'm not changing it to appease you. Sorry dear.

If you want a full claim, ask nicely. I'm not claiming with 3 votes on me though.

How do you not see Raivann as scummy enough to be lynched?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1963 (isolation #48) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Nexus »

Well if someone's going to go to the trouble of writing townlists, why miss players off of it?

I'd understand you being pissy at me if I was one for writing lists, but I'm not. My point was that Andrius started off commenting on each player, before tailing off and missing players out.

If I were to write a list, I would make it more detailed.

Here's a taster:

Benmage - I don't know how to read this guy. He is almost like a Fate lite. The fact that he got given the governor power has let the power go to his head. He acts like a jerk and tries to bully players into doing what he wants, and as far as I'm concerned that's anti town. What would we do if we all sheeped him and a) he was scum or b) his scumdar was off? We'd be up shit creek without a paddle. So I let him have his fun and bully the town on Day 2, but now I'm not listening to him. He hasn't really contributed much besides I AM NOT GOING TO LET YOU VOTE FOR THEM, so I'm not calling him conftown or even near it. However, there are scummier players. (HINT: RAIVANN)

Is that better?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1964 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Nexus »

EBWOP: Basically, I don't understand why he wants me to claim at four votes. Generally it's scum who claim that early with such little pressure, and I'm not going to fall into his trap. If he wants to waste time and get me to claim my role, then so be it. It's only distracting and going to allow scummier people to get away with being scummy.

Following Benmage's wishes for a second day running isn't constructive or helpful.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1969 (isolation #50) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Nexus »

Yawn.

Fine.

Margaery Tyrell, Lannister aligned. I was married to Renly, but he died. So now my family are aligned with the Lannisters to try to strengthen their position in Westeros. My power is to Roleblock. I roleblocked Raivann Nights 1 and 2 because the first night he was the first name to pop into my head, and the second night I was convinced he was scum.

Happy?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1971 (isolation #51) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Nexus »

THat is why I was trying to avoid too much drama and waves. I don't know how many other power roles there are in the town, so I thought trying my best to fly under the radar and not draw an NK or lynch was the best thing.

Happy now Ben? You've got us all dancing to your tune again.

Make Raivann claim now. If he claims VT I'm going to look quite silly.

@Shadow ask the mods? I'm just telling you what my PM says.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1972 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Nexus »

I did contemplate breadcumbing roleblocker, but it's a lot of letters and I couldn't think of a non-clunky way to breadcrumb it. So I didn't.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1976 (isolation #53) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Nexus »

I've got a quote from the book about gaolers, and am told that I'm shrewd, and know that allying with the Lannisters will be good for me in the long-term.

I take that to mean that by allying with the Lannisters, I get protection from Stannis, since I was married to Renly (Stannis' main enemy)
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1985 (isolation #54) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Nexus »

Twilight Sparkle wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I've been working on a post today (although I'm checking over a set-up for something as well), but stop this already.

The whole fucking point of the Morse code was so that no one would have to claim before the wedding started!

Also, Raivann, don't claim.

No, I'm being serious.

If for whatever reason, you have successful confirmation of a night action that proves Nexus is lying about having roleblocked you, claim. Otherwise, just keep your mouth shut.

And if you're wagoned to L-1 during the wedding phase, use the Morse code to post your claim.
Yeah because of course he couldn't possibly lie about that...
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1990 (isolation #55) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Nexus »

Well, I was just saying, you said if he can prove me wrong, that makes me scum. I was merely pointing out that just because he can lie, doesn't make me the one who is wrong. It all depends on who you believe.

This could all be redundant if he claims some form of vanilla role.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1997 (isolation #56) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Nexus »

Yes bossman *eyeroll*
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2000 (isolation #57) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Nexus »

That's L-1. Noone hammer until he claims :|
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2002 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Nexus »

unvote

Yes. Let's get to the wedding. It'll be useful.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2019 (isolation #59) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by Nexus »

Y'know, I believe Raivann, because the Tarlys follow the Tyrells, flavour wise. So, yeah. That's my biggest scumread screwed over.

Damn.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2021 (isolation #60) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Post by Nexus »

Well what do you propose I do?

It's a difficult situation really. I'm not completely dropping it. Calm yourself.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2112 (isolation #61) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Nexus »

Well I roleblocked Zdenek last night.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2119 (isolation #62) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Nexus »

We could vote a town player to lynch, then have them choose the scumbag to be their champion, who we then vote to lose the duel and be killed? idk if that'd work.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2124 (isolation #63) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Nexus »

I take it we're allowed to discuss all table-related shenanigans, as long as we don't quote them?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2133 (isolation #64) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Nexus »

Can't we get someone who's a VT to vote Bunnylover and have her champion Setael/Thor, and then the VT champion Zdenek?

That way we lose no PRs. If, however, the only way to do it is to sacrifice meself, I'll do it.

Shadow, are you a VT? :P
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2134 (isolation #65) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Nexus »

EBWOP or what Andrius suggests.

I'M SORRY OUR TABLE WAS SO DISAPPOINTING. YOU WERE HARDLY THE SCINTILLATING CONVERSATIONALIST A LADY SUCH AS MYSELF WOULD DESIRE AT SUCH A FUNCTION.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2138 (isolation #66) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Nexus »

Ben, what's your opinion of Hascow right now?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2143 (isolation #67) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Nexus »

I'm not listing you as scum, you lackwit.

I would prefer to get rid of Setael.

At least we can keep Zdenek around for as long as I'm around to RB him.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2154 (isolation #68) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Nexus »

Could we get Hascow to shoot Zdenek?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2156 (isolation #69) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Nexus »

Oh right. I must've missed that. Derp.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2161 (isolation #70) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Nexus »

Kast wrote:Was working on a post on and off through the day but just got a PM from mod that kinda turns it on it's head.
Anyway, I got a confirmation of mod error, Zdenek is correct, his role name is actually Modified
NK
Immune, and I was mistakenly told Modified Kill Immune. It's getting into outguessing the mod territory, but getting a clarification on that inclines me to believe Zdenek...it would be a bit skirting the line of mod helping a faction if Zdenek was scum and mod sent that PM to protect him.

I still think it's odd that Zdenek switched up his reads on D2 to almost entirely buddying with MoI/Magua/Benmage, but I suppose lazy town who doesn't want to put effort into catching up can get by easier by just buddying the "town leaders".
So, Hascow could shoot Zdenek.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2349 (isolation #71) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Post by Nexus »

Wow.

Ok.

Can someone do a list of the current nameclaims and roleclaims, please?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2352 (isolation #72) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Post by Nexus »

So what does Shadow's role actually mean he can do?

Mace Tyrell is a strange one to be in, he's hardly in ASOS.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2354 (isolation #73) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by Nexus »

It was a general question, Ser. Calm yourself.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2399 (isolation #74) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Nexus »

vote: Setael
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2403 (isolation #75) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Nexus »

should we wait for him to come back from his funeral before we lynch him? x]
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2413 (isolation #76) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Nexus »

dana, there aren't many walls, so it shouldn't take you long. :P
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #3135 (isolation #77) » Thu May 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by Nexus »

Mooooooooooo

Well played Cow.

The governing of Zdenek was fucking lame.

I actually think Shadow played fairly well, and, like I was discussing with Faraday yesterday, the only way cow would've probably lost on this last day was if it was dragged out and he continued to post nothing but fluff, maybe then one of the two of them would've twigged.

Brave move to vig your partner, if it hadn't have worked, you'd have been fcuked, but as it did, you could coast for the rest of the time.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”