Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Plum »

/confirm

Am open to breaking the game but doubt that true breakage is possible at this point. Multiple lynches per Day would be satisfactory and %40ing any borderline cases as well (as scum do have nonfactional role-related actions as well, no?). There's probably an optimal strategy or at least some beneficial tactics going down here and when I've digested I'll be back for more.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Plum »

We
could
induce a state where multiple players were put over the %60 threshold simultaneously, assuming the Mod counts hits in one post as simultaneous. Pretty sure the Night SK is about as unblockable as the Day SK but I'll check again . . . yeah, it rather looks like it.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Plum »

Magua wrote:
Hrezs wrote:Tempted to strike Toogeloo for that strike. I'm of the thought that we should thoroughly discuss strikes before placing them, almost as if it were lylo-ish
This is scum going for the easy points: "I disagree so much with what Toogeloo did that I'm pondering doing it to him, too." Note also that it's unaccompanied by a vote.

UNVOTE: Untrod Tripod
VOTE: Hrezs
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Put me down for a VOTE: Hrezs as well.
Hrezs wrote:I wouldn't have faulted someone for doing it, but I believe that we should find some sort of consensus before placing strikes as if we have no unity, we won't get any lynch and we even take the chance at not getting a roleblock.
If you had a proper vote, for whom would you be voting now? What do you think of Psudeo-Votes? And why suddenly bring up voting/not voting Wraith???
Hrezs wrote:Not voting(13): Kise, DrippingGoofball, ObliviousDruidMuncher, Nachomamma8, Hrezs, curiouskarmadog, AlmasterGM (V/LA 15-20 March), Plum, Baby Spice, Bunnylover, GummyBear, Kublai Khan, Wraith

will make things easier later
O RLY
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Plum »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Hi Plum-town!
Damn, am I really that transparent?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Plum »

You were tempted to Strike Toog in response to his action . . . but he's not even your top candidate for a Psudeo-Vote? Run that one by me again?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Plum »

Furthermore: I'm not disputing that there are potential benefits in keeping track of who's not Psudeo-Voting. I was questioning your motives in coming in with that post the way you did.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Plum »

Hrezs wrote:quicklynching is always anti-town.
Wrong, try again.

Actually, this goes for most of Hresz's recent posting as well.

In other news I would be pretty willing to organize a quickstrike on Hresz now.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Plum »

Right now we have 24 people. We ain't getting no roleblock unless we skip lynching, which most assuredly we will not do. Chances of avoiding an SK kill aren't to be sneezed at,
but
I was reacting to your statement 'quicklynching is always anti-Town' which is false. Quicklynching is sometimes not anti-Town at all. On the contrary. You painting quicklynching
you
in that light, especially when there is a possibility of a concrete benefit, though.

ABR - Doesn't look like an organized strike on Hrezs has enough support to go for at this time anyway. I see what you're saying but I'm ready if there's borderline support for going now.

EBWOP: I have a read on GummyBear if that counts; might not be worth much but.

Exe is on the scum side of Town which in a game so scum-dense is saying something. I mean, this:
Exe wrote:Hrezs is posting nothing more than the most basic levels of analysis. Classic scum-strat there. I pretty much agree with what has been said.
Vote: Hrezs

Bunny is acting way more suspicious than my only other shared game, in which BL was town.
FoS
with an extra serving of IGMEOU.
Finding reason to throw a quick suspicion on Hrezs (most basic levels of analysis? Would Exe honestly be able to classify this analysis as any better???) and Bunny (says nothing on Bunny, but the fact that KK was pushing suspicion of Bunny earlier on the page . . .). So yeah.

SECOND EBWOP: Partially Ninja'd by MoI.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Plum »

Exe wrote:Oh and, the accusations of me waiting until the Hresz wagon was popular are pretty much crap. My first post after Hresz started posting called him out on it. It's not my fault that other people had already posted by that time.
Uh. Well, let's take a quick look at your posting around that time, shall we? In the post in which you vote Hrezs, you write
Exe wrote:Sorry for the absence.
This when you had last posted in the thread less 24 hours previous. Why apologize?

There's a good answer: Because you had been around the site a fair amount the previous day (easily confirmable by searching your posts) and felt guilty or uncomfortable about not posting
in this game
during that time. Why did you feel guilty or uncomfortable about it?

Because you saw the Hresz suspicions and knowingly held off on posting. Doing something like that is, in and of itself, not necessarily a scumtell (people are lazy or bored or procrastinators as Town too, obviously). But the skittishness about your behavior indicates that in this case it is scummy. And icing on the cake?
Exe wrote:Hrezs is posting nothing more than the most basic levels of analysis. Classic scum-strat there.
I pretty much agree with what has been said.
Vote: Hrezs
Paradigm of calling someone out on your own initiative, that bolded for convenience bit, innit? With a nice topping of accusation-that-no-one-has-yet-made-on-the-biggest-wagon-despite-the-fact-that-it-makes-little-sense.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Plum »

I'd argue that I bandwagoned with much more substance (and more sincerity) than you did, but I'll leave others to judge that for themselves, unless you yourself want me to dissect that post for you.

You as scum might certainly wish to see how much flack Hrezs is getting/wait to see if he posts anything that makes him look substantially better or worse before posting if you think you can, which could be used to further many scum motives. You're presenting you-scum wanting to stall the Hrezs wagon/suspicions as nigh impossible, which is manipulatively misleading at the very least, given how untrue it is and the sort of light you try to paint yourself in falsely.

I appreciate your frustration if you've been wrongly accused of being scum with this reasoning cited before, but I called it like I saw it: A discrepancy that fit together with other aspects of your play. Even the posts you quoted, I still think it's a line of thinking worth keeping tabs on at the very least.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Plum »

Kublai Khan wrote:quote="Magua"]Hrezs: Claim.
What happens if the claim is accurate, yet they are a Inner Circle member?[/quote]

Then we've locked the turncoat scum into a claim early at the very least, yeah?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:56 am

Post by Plum »

KK: A Townie with an Inner Circle WC might well
not
want to claim his role as-is. He might want to fakeclaim a powerrole to avoid getting lynched; he might want to fakeclaim Vanilla to avoid getting shot by an SK. Once he's forced to claim he's vulnerable to either. That said, Hresz is unlikely Inner Circle. Chances of running one of them up that far Day 1 is very slim because they cannot bus.

ABR: I'm with you there (Actually thinking about it her play is relatively similar to /In-vitational 11).

UNVOTE: VOTE: DrippingGoofball

Funny story, but last week I had a dream in which I found her scummy in this game.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Plum »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Is ABR town?
I haven't a clue and I don't care.
Yeah. And you haven't placed a vote yet this game (where the votes I'd be looking for are completely non-binding anyway).

Basically, you're not caring.

AGM made a good point on the second line of that that post of DGB's, so I'll just say this.
DrippingGoofball wrote:My team is large, and I am vanilla. My death saves a power role from claiming and possibly dying.
Uh huh. Dude, if you're Town, your team is
not
nearly large enough to afford a free Town lynch. It's 13 Townies and 11 scumbags of various sorts. I'd bet money that you know that.

You also know in general that it's not about a PR possibly claiming and dying; it's about trying to lynch a scumbag.
Furthermore
Role Distribution says we have two Paramedics, which means at least one non-Inner Circle Paramedic,
plus
at least one Security Officers (Modified Jailkeepers) which means at this point one of the last things we worry about is running up a PR. In fact, all we have to do is treat any Security Officer claim with due wariness and we can almost certainly use the revealed Role Distribution to our advantage.

However much of that you've realized, DGB, you know that general principle is about lynching scum, not avoiding running up PRs. Try to paint this claim/self-strike in any Townie light you want. Sayonara.

Strike: DGB
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Plum »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:The quickness of the votes on DGB and the strike against her makes me raise an eyebrow.
No one posted a case on her or anything an two votes followed ABR. If a case had been posted previously then I would understand why people would be following ABR as he does make a point, but that is not the case.
For now:
Vote: DGB

I do agree with ABR, but I thought the whole point was not to be using strikes till we've come to a consensus so we can actually have a lynch.
This should be
turning into a strike
noted for tomorrow because it is scummy and full of scum.
Fixed, and thanks for bringing this post to my attention
[size-20]though frankly I wouldn't say no to a Strike on DGB from any corner right now.[/size]

[ Please do not use text smaller than the default. Refer to rule #12. I've broken your size tag. This is a warning. - RC ]
Last edited by ReaperCharlie on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Plum »

Guess whose V/LA dclaration got eaten by the PM system? >.> Glad to see everyone missed me, at any rate.

Quicknotes:

I'm inclined to believe Hresz'z claim for reasons similar to MoI's - the wording of the Security Guard role overview on the Wiki page is compatible. Unless we get further information suggesting that this is not in fact the case, it's as well we leave off the Hresz push here (and yes, that doesn't rule out the possibility that he's Town/Inner Circle, though it makes the likelihood of him surviving as any other member of the Inner Circle even slimmer than his chances of survival anyway).

VOTE: Bunnylover - is a holdover from yesterday and a good one.

Re: Camn's plan. I am unsure about double Hospitalization but I think it's worth giving thought to - particularly being that both scumgroups will be aiming to cripple the other
and
the Inner Circle will be working hard to get the kill-holders blocked during the Day so they have fewer things to worry about manipulating within their teams to keep themselves safe. But that's just a facet: Fundamentally speaking, Camn's hit on a truth about the nature of scumhunting in this game and she's right - there are few traditional scumhunting methods which are likely to be successful this game. Hypo-claiming is something I think I'd support (probably I'll think it over in the shower and see if I hit on any mile-wide potholes, but I like the idea). Other claiming methods may also be useful if/when we knock off the Day SK, but for now we have very few sure things to work with except the (semi-sure) setup.

Lady Lambda is scummish but for the fact that her friend case is carrying over from yesterday, which traditionally would be a good sign . . . wheedling with ABR over the friend and ThAd cases is pushing it, though.

Baby Spice, why do I, of all people who jumped on DGB, read Town to you?

Aw hell. I'd take KageLord as scum. He's not a huge idiot, so guessing at who's scum by the kill (and scum aren't trying to hit other scumbags, especially Inner Circle???) and speculation on the missed kill seems weird and artificial because a Townie in theory would have in mind first the fact that Town had kill-blocking powers. And scumlist with no vote (not even a nice meaningless one).

Fffffeh.

UNVOTE: VOTE: KageLord

Have run out of tonight's time but am properly integrating with the new stuff, so.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Plum »

No, no - I'm actually interested in seeing this.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Plum »

Kublai Khan wrote:Hey Plum posted! Hi Plum! Are you in this game, too?
Shhh - issa
secret

No, really, my V/LA got screwed up and I'm trying to find time to reintegrate properly, and am kinda ticked that strikefest has gone down before that, but well.

Lambda is Townier (at least I detect high sincerity in a lot of the recent stuff - stuff that others have been ragging on).

Kagelord should probably die; more on that later buuuut yeah.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by Plum »

Okay, proper reread, sorry for the delay and crud.

Look. The whole DGB thing yesterday was a mess. That's obvious. So everyone talks about finding scum on the wagon - super. But I haven't seen anyone make a persuasive argument about what sort of tells to look for given that DGB basically made herself into a liability who had to be lynched. There was lots of posting there that was of a quality that made it hard to tell scum opportunism or whatever you will from Townie behavior - and
even
resignation to the DGB lynch and striking with ambivalence about DGB's alignment being scum is not
itself
indicative of anything either way.

Given that, Baby Spice calling out KK may have some merit.
Kublai Khan wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't like this. In a game where strikes are unrevokable, claiming early and strongly (DrippingGoofball put herself at L-12) is the only way for scum to put the brakes on their own lynch.

And DrippingGoofball knows full well that a vanilla town's sacred duty is to draw that NK so that the town power roles aren't harmed, not to passively push a self-lynch.

/strike: DrippingGoofball
Right, DGB is a player smart enough to know what to do in terms of VT - fine. What did you think made the self-strike behavior likelier to come from DGB-scum than DGB-town? I mean, it's not like it's the sacred duty of scum to passively push a self-lynch either, y'know.

Anyway, KK's response to Baby Spice isn't terribly encouraging - the sort of hostility it displays towards her before KK turns back to defending his previous actions feels off to me, at any rate - trying to discredit her opinions by calling the post akin to "Mastin VCA bullshit" is scummish attack-defend which didn't address Baby Spice's reasons for approaching the matter the way she did.

Dammit, Bunnylover is actually looking better than yesterday? Mmmmrf.

Yes, camn has been all over the place, Magua, but her changes of opinion feel natural - see this post of Camn's and how it fits in her ISO. The thought process behind working out how this game works in terms of alignment interactions and what that means for striking and killing seem fairly likely to come from a Town perspective.

Regarding ThAd - I actually think his theory bears some weight. That said I don't think that has any bearing on his alignment. At all. The fact that (barring shenanigans) he was right about Hresz being Town doesn't make me feel any better about it. Yes, your Friend case was
extremely
lulzy, especially because you managed to put together what was obviously supposed to look like a case, impressive as compared to the Hresz bandwagoning, then sort of left it hanging while you explained why you were against the Hresz lynch, and then when DGB started getting Strikes you were all 'Good to lynch her according to my THEORY. Bad because she's probably Town, lol. But it's happening anyway, so why bother saying anything more about her, or about my top suspect Friend, or about anyone voting or not voting DGB? I may as well let others do this because I'm to lazy to do anything like make use of the delay between the Rubicon crossing and the lynch by saying something of substance'.
ThAdmiral wrote:Another note - the second target was supposed to come from the people who had abstained from the original wagon, but was instead decided upon by ABR, who was a proponent of the original wagon.
So do you think ABR is scum or what, in light of your theory and how it played out?
ThAdmiral wrote:In other news: Is kagelord going to do anything other than nk speculation?

vote: kagelord
In other news . . . what happened to your uber-special Friend case you waved like a little flag but never really did much with? No, a few posts later trying to turn your apparent top two suspects into a game-wie dichotomy vote doesn't count. Nice try, though.

KK's vote for Kagelord isn't that encouraging - I
don't
think he was trolling for powerroles (the possibility that he was trying some analysis-for-Townpoints but managed to make it clear he wasn't thinking from a Townie perspective is worth worrying about, but it didn't seem much like rolefishing and pinning that vote on doesn't sit well with what we have).
KageLord wrote:ABR remains my top scumread. And since I realized that I haven't done this yet:
VOTE: ABR
Since when and why plz.
AlmasterGM wrote:2) Hrezs

Working from recent to past … right off the bat, why is he randomly claiming Security Officer out of the blue? More importantly, why is he claiming Security Officer WHEN HE DIDN'T EVEN USE IT and thus has no valuable information? Hrezs isn't straight out of the newbie queue, and this move is too much of a fail to be town.
He's given himself away as a NK target without any benefit for the town.
It's especially hilarious seeing as he said, "I'd prefer not to claim" the day before. His prior post are not golden, either. The early ones are all IIoA (example: by the time we get to ISO #7, he's still talking about psudovotes). He then spends the rest of the day getting into this dumb argument with MoI that never goes anywhere … before throwing an unwarranted vote on DGB. This guy isn't town.
Had you been reading (Hresz had been asked to claim by quite a few people, and claiming before any strikes go down has its benefits)? Regarding the bolded, explain whether or not you believed at the time that Hresz was scum and if so why his behavior was indicative of scum-not-Town. Did you believe the claim (one-shot deal) and if not, do you now and why?

Okay, I'm going to shelve Kagelord for now. Too many people voting him for absolutely stupid reasons. Like the following:
Exe wrote:Kagelord's night action speculation is hella-bad. There's so many reasons why we might not have a night kill, and trying to guess is just making noise. Big
FoS
on that one.
In a post which ended with a vote on Kagelord. Just doesn't read smart. Unsure though I am that Exe is necessarily the scum among the badness of the overall push on Kagelord (and unsure though I am that Kagelord isn't scum), Exe isn't the play for today at all and a Kagelord play would sit badly with me, too.

Kagelord, I loathe post-by-posts and I'm sure as hell not reading this right now. The things are too often used (or seem to be, anyway) by scum justifying their attacks and wagons and cases and crud.

I'm amazed and dismayed that anyone would listen to ThAd's call to pick a side between Friend and Kagelord.

Kast happens to be Town.
Kublai Khan wrote:If you think that KageLord isn't powerrole-trolling, then you are saying that you think KageLord is so stupid that he forgot about the existence of pro-town power roles.
Yes. And it's reasonably likely that that's the case because he's coming from a scum mentality, but far from a certainty.

Yay everyone clever asking about IC wincon and the Mod smiling smugly (it's what he does best, man).
Kast wrote:
ThAd wrote:I don't believe it is a misrepresentation, let alone an extreme one. Look back on who people have said they are happy to lynch/scummy. You will find more people willing to lynch friend or kagelord than not.
You are evading the point. Some people have expressed suspicion of Kage and of Friend. There's LOTS of other candidates who are just as if not more suspected. You arbitrarily picked your own suspects and completely arbitrarily tried to force/persuade everyone to vote or strike one of your two suspects.

Instead of using your BS, arbitrary scheme for forcing a lynch between Kage or Friend; post a case for either or both of them and convince people to vote your suspect. As it is, you're pressing people to give you cases and ignore all other players; this gives your preferred lynch candidates more pressure and more focus while letting you appear to be active but keeping you "safe". It's scummy as hell.
THIS. <3
camn wrote:On the OTHER one!
They can totally pursue lynches on people that they know are scum for sure... without having to deal with night-drama.
Its like bussing, only way better.

So what is even scummy in this game?
Protecting your teammates? no gonna happen.
distancing? maybe
Pushing mislynches? minimized.

W T F?
True and insightful (and I didn't realize this, even though I found it odd that you didn't realize that the Inner Circle would have all information available shared - which is in fact the only reason to be wary of Hresz right now). But I
still
think hypo-claiming might have some value, and tomorrow I plan to make a post hashing out the pros and cons, and pushing heavily for it if it looks good. Going on the campaign trail and whatnot. I know this is far from Stars Aligned, but semi-open means that reconstructing Night Actions may be doable, valuable, and possibly critical. But maybe not. Tomorrow, then.
Baby Spice wrote:Plum, just quickly but of those six, you're the one that seemed to have a real reason, a real case. The others either didn't give anything or their reasons felt forced.
Hell you seemed to actually get into an arguement about/with DGB
Really? I honestly don't see that >.>. But regardless, fair enough (and very much fair enough in your argument with KK, so).
Magua wrote:False dichotomy right there. But, on the other hand, if ThAdmiral is scum, KageLord and Friend are not buddies of his.
Or is a buddy he's willing to push because he suspects him of being Inner Circle.

Kill-block combo would have been nice, but we have what we have. Feh.

AGM slipping under the radar? We have a glut of players, so this happening isn't unexpected or tragic, but it is moderately frustrating.
AlmasterGM wrote:camn, I will strike LLD right now if you join me.
Very special. Obviously the thing we need most right now is a fourth Strike wagon - but I'm sure that if you've given your thoughts on the other three and found them all horribly lacking we could talk things ove- oh wait. You haven't commented at all about ThAd or KK in the wake of the Strikefest. Kagelord was already a suspect of yours. And you turn to try to talk Camn into striking LLD. Yeah.
No

Anyway, Lambda is sincere enough that she's not a scum worry of mine at this point. By a long shot. Camn is Townish as well. AGM is scum scum scum scum.

Ew, I'd be in horribly scummy company on the Kagelord stuff, as I realized earlier in this post (statistically speaking I'll probably be in horribly scummy company whomever I vote, but I'm very much unconvinced that there's much sincere scumhunting going into the main force behind the Kagelord Strike wagon).

ThAd's definitely one of my potential targets, probably a bit above KK and both above Kagelord substantially. Apologies for screwing with the tables there (I
really
needed to catch up, it seems).

In fact.

Let's do this quickly and painfully. Like ripping off a bandaid.

Strike: ThAdmiral

Good night and good luck, all.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Plum »

Ffffff quote tags.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Plum »

Kublai Khan wrote:Okay.. HRezs is scum. AlmasterGM's bussed partner.

Vote: HRez
Very very probably false, given what we know.

Failscum though, you.

VOTE: KK
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Plum »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Plum has been caught sleeping on a bench again, and has been punched in the face.
Mmmrf.

I hear that people are finding BS scummy? That's something I haven't been feeling at all; rather the opposite. SC>LLD because I have a townread on her. KK scum. Kage's read of Toog-NightRider is meh given the framework and the offered evidence; I'm unconvinced but I haven't yet done my own excavations of ISOs and am maybe even too tired to formulate theories regarding who would bus or chainsaw-defend whom in this sort of setup. Hell, I just wrote theorys as a plural and had to correct it.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:CKD is an easy read as scum. I’m hardly surprised he flipped Mafia at all.
Why don't I remember you pushing him, then?

Anyway.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:AGM and CKD flipping scum means that it is very likely that the players they were pushing for to die are not of their faction. Yes, I’m ruling out bussing at this stage. With a Daykiller, possible cross-kills and a protective Town PR contingents floating about there is little reason to actively go after one of your own, even if they are the possibly the Inner Circle mole.

Those AGM was pressing (unlikely Night Riders)
– Wraith, Kagelord, Hrezs, LLD,

Those CKD was pressing (unlikely Skull Crushers)
- Exe, ODM (now Kast ), Kagelord, MoI
Not completely true but probably a little more true than I'd have argued at first.

Do we really need to deal with the collective Toog/ABR fail? This is why these sort of games are called Bad Idea. Town ends up shooting self in the foot with scum scrambling over each other to claim as much of the mess as possible (in other words, I'm willing to bet Toog doesn't do this as scum unless his scumteam already heavily suspects him of being IC; ABR is a different can of worms and more likely to be scum
I think
).

Nonono, ABR, that ThAd strikewagon wasn't a scummy thing or a not-doing-anything thing. Obviously.

We're still bloody unsure that IC-bussing is an impossibility,
but
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Toog's move was too risky, barring things we know not of.

I'd definitely strike MoI over Toog but unsure of where ABR stands as we head into Page 40.
Baby Spice wrote:MoI is IC, Toog is IC, ABR is possibly IC.

Lynch MoI or Toog, IC get removed then we can hunt the 'normal' scum using more 'normal' methods.

Why do anything else this day?
Okay. Now I think you're maybe scum. Nice job.
Baby Spice wrote:This is not a bastard mod so I doubt anyone will suddenly change wincon, and there's nothing else to really stop any surviving IC's from just screwing with the game.
Original version of this game idea from another forum, as cited on this forum's Wiki, suggests that something along these lines is a possibility.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I wonder...

Does anyone else get the feeling that Baby Spice is scum, and that she is pushing for a Toogaloo lynch because she suspects him of being the IC in her faction?
She's definitely pushing something. And, by coincidence, it
isn't
ABR. But she is maddeningly open to multiple possibilities on basis of suspected IC-ism and it's pretty clear that we're lucky if one of them is IC, let alone two or three. Love the 'ABR is possibly IC' but not mentioning him in follow ups of various breakdowns. I'm not usually one for connection-speculating, but here you are on a silver platter y'all.
Baby Spice wrote:Ever heard of deductive reasoning? Going back and looking at people?

Hell, I wrote them into my notebook as IC's about a month ago.
I would like to see this alleged notebook (or links to relevant posts because I'm too tired to get this done in a timely fashion myself).

Totally leaning BS strike onto Page 41. Woot.

Kise, BPV doesn't do much against getting lynched, so how does Toog behavior mesh with BPV-IC?
Baby Spice wrote:Keep confirming yourself as Toog's scum buddy LLD, but do remember you can strike MoI as well and not your buddy. It's ok, he's IC and scum too.
Could this be any more obviously not from a Town perspective?

MoI has earned back my love. Bring back the Heroes of Light, baby.

Unsure re: Camn, sorry.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
BabySpice wrote:If I am scum, and well I'm not. But if I was, and I was seriously calling someone confirmed IC, wouldn't you think maybe they really have identified the IC via QT stuff.
Lulz. Scum-claim.
This here.
StrangerCoug wrote:Is there such a thing as a game being so frustratingly easy? Because I think this is a good example. So much scum left and so many candidates for all that scum...
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm not letting you slide through today on the false dichotomy that there can only be two wagons today.
I hate this sentence. True or not (that's not how I interpreted Baby Spice's statement, so I'm inclined to believe no), Lady Lambdadelta is attacking Baby Spice for thinking we can only lynch two people after I attacked her for thinking we can only lynch
ONE
yesterday.

I smell panicky LLD-scum, too.
No. Wrong. Bad scum. Try again. Hint: If this is the only thing you have to say about the LLD/BS exchange you're doing it very wrong. Plus your misrep is showing.
StrangerCoug wrote:Let's forget the end of yesterday for a brief moment and go into a hypothetical situation. I want your answer.

Suppose you're in a mountainous game with three town and one scum left. Two players have been acting pretty solidly townie, one has been using a lot of OMGUS, and one has been using a lot of WIFOM. What is the best course of action?
Yeah, I love the 'no-Lynch isn't always anti-Town' position as much as the next guy, but strawmanning someone to bolster your misrepping attack on her isn't showing it to its best effect. I mean, really - 'Let's forget the actual relevant scenario so I can attempt to sound less dumb by pointing out an obvious exception which has no relevance to my original point'. Let's not and say we did, eh?

The rest of Cougs arguments on that page are full of scumfail. Just saying.

Camn, back up, because MoI is in his element as scum - or at least that's my sincere impression.
Hresz wrote:Everything Babyspice does just makes me think she's trying to get on ABR's goodside. Twice now she's struck the person ABR has struck in her next post.
Despite her actions, she says ABR is IC.
Thank you for iterating this. I guess I just get to reiterate (I had a different overall first impression of why it was going on, but yeah, that).

ABR: Yes
MoI: No
Toog: No
BS: Yes
Camn: Could swing it if it were happening today
ReaperCharlie wrote:Plum has been super-prodified, and will get a baseball bat to the face courtesy of Lady Lambdadelta if she doesn't get her tushie in here... PDQ... and start posting just like everyone else. I see you posting in other games, Plum.

In regular-speak: She's about to be replaced for repeated stretches of inactivity, just like Friend.
You have attachment issues <3

IS THERE ANY ALTERNATIVE TO TOOG?

WHY, TOWNKAST, WHY?

STUPID STUPID STUPID

VOTE: BABY SPICE WITH GREAT RAGE
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Plum »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Plum wrote:Yeah, I love the 'no-Lynch isn't always anti-Town' position as much as the next guy, but strawmanning someone to bolster your misrepping attack on her isn't showing it to its best effect. I mean, really - 'Let's forget the actual relevant scenario so I can attempt to sound less dumb by pointing out an obvious exception which has no relevance to my original point'. Let's not and say we did, eh?
There was relevance—sometimes no-lynching is correct. If you think that striking somebody you really don't suspect that much for being the only viable lynch is correct, then I'd like to hear how this is so. Until I hear it, my case stands.
Depends on the gamestate, but given the Town/scum ratio and various other factors it's usually the correct thing to do and I would not dispute that it was so yesterday. I'd loathe to rehash yesterday's gamestate today, which is mostly what a no-Lynch would have done at that point. We'd be next to nowhere still arguing over ThAd. "Really don't suspect that much" doesn't equal "isn't better than no-Lynch. At this point there are fairly few lynches worse than no-Lynch if most people are interested in lynching at all. Which they most certainly are.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Plum »

Strike: Baby Spice

This or no-Lynch, eh?

Carpe diem.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Plum »

Uhhhh.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (isolation #24) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Plum »

Plus Town Inner Circle.

VOTE: SC
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (isolation #25) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Plum »

SC - Continuous Chainsaw defense of BS in the form of horribad attacks on LLD. Plus what ABR posted above.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (isolation #26) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Plum »

StrangerCoug wrote:Go ahead. You're scum.
How sure are you of this? What sort of scum is she in that case, anyway?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Plum »

First thoughts: It's not impossible that SK (and/or the Town IC/all the ICs???) were Investigation-immune. Having said that, neither Magua nor KK would be one of my top DSK picks.

I'm down for giving my strike to kill Exe or to the Roleblocking end of any decent-looking Roleblocking/lynch combo cause today.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Plum »

So today is play-the-associative-tells for ABR-and-Mute?

Okaaaaay.

Again reiterating that it's a possibility that DSK scans innocent to Cop. Could go either way with ABR's claim but block-and-strike covers most of our bases. A list of night-by-night targets from him would help tremendously. Fact that after Kage kicked the bucket he randomly speculated that he'd been framed some Night because Kage had been on him a lot is a big WTH given that I don't think anyone had mentioned the idea that Kage might've had a guilty scan on him . . . but AGM's initial call of Wraith-Town was awkward as heck and stuff.

And heck, his response to ABR's accusation is
off
in the sense that I'd expect him to outright call ABR scum at some point for the way it went down and at least spend a lot more heavy suspicion on the Supervisor business or something. His overall tone seems to indicate that he assumes ABR is Town (and is therefore a powerrole he needs to convince against rather than a possible intentional aggressor. The only thing he does is question the supervisor status, and he leaves it ambiguous whether he wants clarification and certainly doesn't jump to doubt. I've played just-about-caught-by-powerrole-scum mindset and acting like the catching powerrole is assumed Town is a natural inclination).
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (isolation #29) » Thu May 05, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Plum »

Mrf.

Good game, all.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”