Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Super Vanilla Townie »

We'll be reading and discussing over the next couple of days. Dunno if my partner wants to reveal himself but this is Parama posting.
Still haven't gotten role PM, so waiting on that.
The catalyst of a cataclysmic catastrophe of epic proportions.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:16 pm

I am actually not sure how many people are using this hydra for this game. I just know that it's at least one other person, that being the one who invited me to hydra for this game. I don't think it's more than 3.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:34 pm

What why are there so many votes on Frog because Frog is like obvious town by page 4. Evidence when I get done posting in a few millennia.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:48 am

I know all the players in every hydra except you (Copper) and Balam, and none of them are even remotely affiliated with this account.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:35 am

The SVT hydra is myself (InflatablePie) and Parama.

*waves*

Content later and whatnot.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:37 am

I'm sorely tempted to just let Parama do all the catchup work for us. :U

I'm only up to p9 or 10. This game is quite uninteresting so far.

I'll post my thoughts when I finish catching up completely.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #509 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:26 am

Balam wrote:Also, Super Vanilla Townie, patience is wearing thin.
I started reading from the beginning and only got up to p14 before getting BORED OUT OF MY MIND. Parama's only on p9 maybe, last I talked to him.

I can give my own reads up to this point at least, if that'd help?

1. Frogito Ergo Sum - null
3. Gummybear - leaning scum
4. Final Destination - town
5. Balam - town
6. Lord Fonzi - null
7. Copper - null
8. Greymarble - leaning town
11. YosFlavouredCayke - scum
12. Unicorn Brethren - town
13. DaSpotthatkillsu - scum

THE MOD NEEDS TO PUT WHO REPLACED WHO, ALSO FLIPS IN THE OP

Done and done.

Seriously though, not even the pressure of votes is giving me motivation to catch up in this game. A quick summary of the last few pages and important info would help... I'll try and force myself through some more pages tonight though.

Parama seems to be suspicious of Spot and Greymarble (especially the latter), is getting bad vibes but nothing concretely scummy from FateGM (says it's due to them being passive), kinda has a scumread on UB but says "I really doubt both are scum together, though. And DSKU wins in a battle of scumminess." That's what I get from what he's written in the QT so far.

Again though, we're both really slow at catching up. Be patient. I could post what Parama and I have written so far if that'd help at all, but again it's all old shit. And Parama's is kinda lengthy.
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:31 am

Parama has now informed me that he's usually fast at catching up but this game is just awful.

Just saying.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #522 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:06 am

Here's the stuff I've written up.
Reckamonic wrote:
Vote: Unicorn Brethren

Policy. They have six fucking people in one hydra. No thanks.
I hereby declare Reckamonic confirmed town - untouchable - don't you dare lynch them ever.
...on that note, who the hell replaced them?
MOD: Replacements in the OP please. Also flips too. Those help. Thanks.

They've been there since yesterday.

DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:Have a little trouble with internal consistency on page 3, are we?
FoS: Unicorn Brethren
...wow. Do I have to explain this one?
HoS: DSKU
Unicorn Brethren wrote:
DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:Have a little trouble with internal consistency on page 3, are we?
FoS: Unicorn Brethren
There are 6 of us. What do you expect....
Actually, this is just as bad. I really doubt both are scum together, though. And DSKU wins in a battle of scumminess.
DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:@ Unicorn Brethren
Two things:
1) Your excuse is fail. There is no way we are going to allow your many heads to change what is a scumtell. If you contradict yourself, you are scummy.
2) You essentially contradicted yourself by saying we are scummy for not actually voting you and by saying that "our OMGUS was showing". If we're not voting you, it's not OMGUS.
With that said,
unvote vote: Unicorn Brethren
^scum
Frogito Ergo Sum wrote:^scum
^town
The one issue I have is that DSKU kinda looks like a counterwagon to Unicorn Brethren... then again, it's early game so that counts for very little.
Reckamonic wrote:UB was a policy vote for us. Not really seeing the validity of the DanaSpot wagon though.
I redact my earlier town read. Why. Whyyyyy aren't you reading?
Reckamonic wrote:Oh god we didn't realize Kcdaspot was in that hydra.

-_-
And the relevance? ...I'm serious. What's the point of this post?
Pathetric wrote:But seriously. I think wanting to lynch a dude with six heads makes you more likely to be scum. Silly, angsty scum.

-Ether
...someone tell me why these two were the night 1 kill? I agree with 103.
I think Pathetric wins the Pat-Gummy argument that spans all of page 5.
Greymarble wrote:Before someone takes that the wrong way: This vote is entirely serious.
oh hai grey wy ar yu scumming it up in here?
Unicorn Brethren wrote:However, we do feel overall that DaSpotthatkillsu is overall more deserving of being lynched..
Then vote to lynch them? Admitting to scummy behavior doesn't excuse it.
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:Heh. Voting for Ether here, seriously? Man, you guys are so scum.

Confirm vote:Final Destination

-Yos
Uh... and that's a scumtell how? The way you phrased it here reads like "Voting Ether D1 is always bad" so thanks for not explaining that and I'll let you know that anyone can be scum d(''d). Though the person in question wasn't.
Unicorn Brethren wrote:We don't like the Fate/AGM wagon any more. Plus, they shouldn't be lynched D1.
I repeat my response to YosCayke.
Final Destination really seems to be playing too passive for either player's meta, which irks me because what the hell are they doing, but I'm not sure it's exactly a scumtell, though it's giving me bad vibes. Also, run-on sentences everywhere wow.
DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone, where everything I say is somehow scummy or invalid, and everyone agrees on that but doesn't know why.
Scumplain more?
Greymarble wrote:Not fond of the Dana wagon, it occurs to me that kcdaspot is always scummy as hell, although he does flip scum, but I have reasons to believe that he wouldn't be acting like this as scum (which are meta flavored and kinda bad) but they're enough to make me decide he's town.
WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD THE GODDAMN PHONE.
1. Kcda is always scummy, and?.... Shocking news: ANY PLAYER CAN BE SCUM.
2. You have reasons... that are meta so you won't post them. Why bring those up?
3. Those "reasons" that you're not willing to reveal are good enough for you to get a town read anyways?
HoS: Greymarble

I should just stop reading the thread right here. This is gold. But... eh, I probably should read the thread just to make sure I don't miss anything important. *yawn*
I actually agree with US's 185.
The argument could also be used against Grey though:
Greymarble wrote:Dammit Fate, stop stealing my thunder. I had a mild town read on FES, but no, he went and posted that.

Vote: FES
Who's with me?

If you haven't noticed, we haven't come to ANY agreement on reads.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:34 am

I thought Parama would have made another post by now... Tomorrow's my day off - guaranteed content then.

@Copper: I'm not "scared". Just don't want to place a vote down till I'm all caught up.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #556 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:27 am

Picked up reading from p14. Probably missed a few pages somewhere but oh well.
Greymarble wrote:Our case against US:
He starts out slow, then jumps on FES and tunnels him. Scum routinely make this sort of move to avoid the D1 radar.
FES is also a soft target for voteparking compared to players like FD who routinely blast people who go after them. Scum usually pick soft targets.
After this start, their outlook (FES & his defenders are scummy) stays the same despite more information which should lead to new evaluations/perspectives on what's going on.
And they spend time complaining about how bad various bandwagons are, but they never mention any townreads or other notable analysis based on them.
This gave us a sense that they were jabbing around rather than figuring out the situation & evolving reads.

Their play is also overly hostile and abrasive. The indignation feels feigned rather than real.
Finally, the players voting for them aren't bad company.
I realize that US was town, but this is still a good case by Greymarble. Clear, concise, to-the-point. Townpoints.
YosCayke wrote:What the hell are you talking about?

Patrick-Ether are obvtown. Anyone who reads their posts should know that. I've never said I didn't trust her, or anything like that.
This caught my eye, so I scrolled back through your ISO and found this:
YosCayke wrote:Just because Ether looks town, doesn't mean I'm going to unvote you just because she did.
While this isn't exactly a contradiction, mind you, I can see how it looks like you said you don't trust Ether.

Reading through makes me realize that we're replacing into a pretty shitty slot. But rather than go through and address every case made against our predecessor (which is near impossible being that I don't know his reasoning), I'm just going to try and scumhunt to the best of my ability to prove we're town.

I'm also going to note that I'm 90% sure we replaced RichardGHP, not Mastin. See: any of the posts with big words. Read those and tell me that's doesn't sound like Richard (for anyone here that knows him).

Anyways.

Yos brings up a very good point about DaSpot's pre-flip comment:
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:Also, I wanted to ask DaSpot about this:
DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:.... you all are idiots.
He said this after the hammer, but before the alignment reveal. Re-reading his earlier posts, he did at one point briefly mention that he thought US was pro-town, but he never really tried to defend him or argue against the wagon, even though he was around while it was building up. It just seems odd to me; DaSpot, if you guys were THAT sure that the US wagon was going to be a bad one, why didn't you try harder to stop it?
And I thought the same thing when I read Spot's line as well. However, if Spot had been defending the wagon, I probably would find him scummier to be honest. That post still reads oddly, though, so
FoS: Spot
Copper, concerning FES wrote:In particular, his ISO 26’s "323 is bad" makes sense, but his subsequent ISO 29 "bad =/= scummy" seems like he’s bending over backwards not to concede a point to Final Destination.
Not really. There's a world of difference between bad posts/players/etc and scummy posts/players/etc.

I'm getting weird vibes off of Copper. Reading his posts, they make sense and seem logical, hell I even agree with some points... but something is off. I can't quite place my finger on it, but his posts just seem... odd. Keeping an eye on him.
YosCayke wrote:Speaking of scumhunting, gummy's comment earlier got me thinking about the motivation behind the Ether kill. Considering her suspicions yesterday, and how she was likely to vote today, Ether being killled makes Beaver look worse, and Froggy (and, to a lesser extent, FD) look better. She was pretty clear in her intent to lynch Beaver today.
WIFOM. Scum can kill someone to frame, PR hunt, or just for the hell of it. I dislike discussing reasons for nightkills, because it's never very useful. Not liking this post. But like others have pointed out, I don't see why YFC-scum would buddy up to Pathetric, NK her, and then defend an FES lynch (whether FES is town or also scum, it doesn't matter). So YFC is scummy in my eyes, mostly on gut, but the one thing stopping me from placing our vote on them is lack of scum motivation for their actions.
Spot wrote:@ FD I would GLADLY be on the FES wagon. unvote vote:FES I'm just afraid my other head will want to switch it back for some reason.
:badposting:
Parama wrote:PARAMA IS ALWAYS FUCKING HORRIBLE WITH READS
I can attest to this.

After quick ISO skims of anyone I missed in my catchup: Pie's updated reads:
1. Frogito Ergo Sum - Leaning town. Not seeing the case on them.
3. Gummybear - I don't see how BW's 323 is :goodposting:. And I don't see how he finds Spot town either.
4. Final Destination - disliking how they've done a 180 on their FES and YFC reads (see: this post
5. Balam - :goodposts:, :largeposts:, :nullread:
6. Lord Fonzi - Town.
7. Copper - :goodposters:, but I'm getting weird vibes off of their posts.
8. Greymarble - Leaning town.
11. YosFlavouredCayke - Scummy, but lacks scum motivation.
12. Unicorn Brethren - nullread. Probably town after that hammer.
13. DaSpotthatkillsu - Scummy.

Willing to lynch: Spot, Gummy, FD.
Maybe lynch but it'd take some convincing: YFC, Copper
Vote: Spot

I'd like to seriously apologize for how long it took to offer -some- content, because it annoys me when others put off catching up like I/we did.

If anyone has any questions or wants me to elaborate on a read or whatever, ask.

~Pie
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 am

Add UB to the maybe list, btw.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #625 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:26 am

Greymarble wrote:Oh for god sakes, these hydra things are an enormous pain in the balls.
Yeah, I'm using three accounts between all my games and it's a pain in the ass. I have each one set to a different MS theme to help prevent mixups, though. Maybe try that?
Yos wrote:You are right, of course, about the possibility of PR hunting. In fact, it was your predecessor, Beaver, who was openly speculating in thread that Ether was a mason.
Let's play a game.
Greymarble wrote:Ah good, SVT is town.
Not that I disagree, but reasoning is good, yeah?
Greymarble wrote:I would also like to say that Super Vanilla Townie has not contributed sufficeint verbiage to the thread to earn him six brownie points or the gold star, and his dayvig of Vi was uncalled for.
I'm sad. And confused.

Not liking how Balam sort of attacks Grey ("RayFrost has bloodlust for Greymarble, and with Greymarble's newest post, I guess we're in for a treat."), Grey attacks Balam and Balam quite blatantly countervotes. But I am happy to have Balam's support on the Spotwagon. *keeps reading* nvm. :|

UB needs to give reasoning for his Coppervote, obviously.

I'm glad someone caught the contradiction of Spot trying to discredit us (me?) even though he was defending us earlier. I honestly didn't even catch that myself...

~Pie
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #656 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:00 am

Good news and bad news.

The bad news is, I got this PM from Parama:
I haven't even worked on rereading in a week, and the game doesn't look to be getting any better.
Add that I now have two modding commitments and that a game I entered long before Hydra just started... you're going to need to find someone else to hydra with, or just replace out altogether.

The good news is, I won't be dragging down a town slot any further.
@Mod: We're gonna have to request replacement. Sorry. :(

Noted.

Bye guys, it was fun while it lasted.

~Pie
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Vanilla Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Super Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #657 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:12 am

Parama-clarification:
This may just be the most boring game I've ever played in. I will NEVER catch up regardless of how much I want to, and I'll just ruin a slot if I continue to play. Note that this is the second game I've replaced out of during my entire mafia career... it's just that bad. No offense to the mod, all offense directed at the players who made this a boring game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”