A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2782 (isolation #200) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Magua »

danakillsu wrote:I think you are the most likely scum, not confirmed scum. Therefore what you say about LMP has little bearing on what I think about him.
Has bearing on what I think about you. Do you think Magua-scum is defending LMP because its LMP-scum or LMP-town?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2784 (isolation #201) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Magua »

danakillsu wrote:I already answered this false dilemma, and will not do so again. I do not think either, because I don't know for a fact that you are scum. If you WERE scum, LMP wouldn't be, obviously. How is that supposed to change the fact that I want one of you two lynched today?
It's not. Just curious what you think.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2787 (isolation #202) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Magua »

Locke Lamora is best lynch.

Will vote Twilight Sparkle only to avoid NL.

Not interested in voting either danakillsu or LynchMePls.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2791 (isolation #203) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Magua »

Shadow1psc wrote:I still don't understand why people are willing to lynch LL. Someone explain that to me.
Because I think he can be SK. You're free to disagree, but I think it's been explained at length.
popsofctown wrote:Shadow is close but no one wants to kill shadow for some reason. Because the wedding planner definitely can't be stark.
My townread on Shadow has zero to do with his role.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2807 (isolation #204) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Magua »

The lack of TS reaction pics is disappointing.

Nothing else has really changed. TS is a better lynch than LMP.

Zdenek could be just a little bit useful here and just claim, to speed the whole thing up.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2808 (isolation #205) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Magua »

UNVOTE: Locke Lamora
VOTE: Twilight Sparkle
L-3
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2817 (isolation #206) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by Magua »

Benmage wrote:Hold the phone...and I am literally on my phone.
don't lynch TS.... the night kast died. Only kast died.

Why does an inv immune SK fear a cop?

TS can't be sk.

Plus the likely hood of zdenek being RB and scum having him submit the kill is impossible at this point
...right?
You seem to be confusing TS with danakillsu. There's no reason to believe TS would be an investigation-immune SK, as TS was never investigated.

N3 possibilities:
1) SK and Mafia both shot Kast. This is what I personally believe, and is the reason I don't think danakillsu is the SK. He has zero reason to fear Kast-the-rolecop, as he was already rolecopped.
2) One shot Kast, the other shot Twilight Sparkle (who was protected by BunnyLover). That'd be a weird kill. Then again, I thought xvart was a weird kill.
3) SK shot Kast, mafia shot someone else who was bulletproof (wouldn't be Zdenek, as Zdenek was outted in thread); this would imply mafia shot the SK. I don't find this one plausible, because then there would've been a push to get this person lynched after the massclaim.
Or, lest I forget, 4) Zdenek is the SK and was roleblocked, which would mean that Nexus didn't roleblock him N4, which I'm not buying, but doesn't matter because he's getting lynched tomorrow anyways.
Twilight Sparkle wrote:Upon reflection/chatting with Mina, I think Magua is actually a more likely SK than Locke. His "lynch me today or not at all" rings a bit hollow, and his defense of LMP seems a bit post-hoc from a perspective of "how can I keep LMP alive today?" - which SK would LOVE to do if they thought LMP could be Stark. I'd be down for a switch onto Magua from LMP, if we could get momentum. Otherwise I'll vote LMP tomorrow sometime.
You only seem to think I'm scum when I'm voting you.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2833 (isolation #207) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Magua »

48 hours till deadline.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2842 (isolation #208) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Magua »

Locke Lamora wrote:Hey Magua, do you think the Lannisters would have 7 VTs and the Starks still have no goons?
I do not think that Stark has goons. The number of VTs is quite irrelevant to my thinking. Nothing you can say is going to change my mind on this point.

Counterquestion: At what point today are you planning on actually taking a stand on who you find scummy and, y'know, voting them? When do you plan on *not* fencesitting? You've already stated you think I'm scum, so why do you keep sitting there doing nothing but trying to throw dirt on dana and TS?
Benmage wrote:TS should be confirmed town.
1) Why do you imagine the SK has to be investigation immune?

2) Even if the SK has nothing to fear from Kast,
WHY DO YOU THINK SK WOULD SHOOT TS OVER THE MOTHERFUCKING ROLEBLOCKER?

JESUS H. CHRIST. AT LEAST PRETEND TO PLAY.

You know everything I said to Zoraster D1 about how Governor can't be bad for town? I was wrong. He was right. GODDAMN.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2843 (isolation #209) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Magua »

Furthermore, Benmage, you can't say "dana == confirmed town" and "investigation immune SK" in the same post. You pick one or the other.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2846 (isolation #210) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Magua »

So you're saying the SK sees two confirmed PRs, popsofctown-who-DGB-said-she-had-a-hypocop-inno-on, Benmage-the-governor, hasdgfas-the-confirmed-town, Locke-Lamora-the-lyncher-target...and they shot TS-who-was-the-second-leading-wagon-D2?

That's seriously what you're saying is the most likely probability?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2848 (isolation #211) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Magua »

Benmage wrote: Break down what you're seriously saying and then back to me.

All those people... ARE ZOMG... Still alive. :eek: :eek:

And again. BL protected TS.
Yes. They're all still alive.

From this I deduce that SK shot Kast N3.

From this you deduce that SK shot TS N3.

Do you see the point where I think you went wrong?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2850 (isolation #212) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Magua »

Locke Lamora wrote:What made you think I was trying to throw dirt on Dana and TS? I'm pretty sure I don't want to lynch TS today. I have no particular interest in making Dana or TS look bad. Right now I'm trying to work out how this all fits together. Why are you so impatient? I'm going to vote before the end of the day. If I spend longer on it then I'll have a better idea of what the best vote is.
The only reason to convince someone that there can be a Stark goon is to push the idea that danakillsu is Stark. Otherwise, why bother? You see all of us saying, "Danakillsu is clear" and you seem to be trying to convince us we're wrong *without voicing any suspicions of danakillsu*.

As for TS, you're spending a lot of time in the back and forth with TS, and a lot of words, a lot of walls, that don't really say anything. You write #2821 and point out a lot of things you find scummy and not-scummy, but then you don't come to any conclusion -- why write this?

As for the "impatience" -- 48 hours till deadline. Game day's been going on 12 days now. You've not voted. At all. You're happy to say you think the scum is Zdenek and I. You can't vote Zdenek. You're still not voting me. You're not trying to start a new wagon. You're not doing *a goddamn thing* except sitting on the fence.
Locke Lamora wrote:As for all those people being still alive, it is kind of odd, isn't it? Understand now why I'm spending so much time trying to figure it out?
Chief amongst "why are all those people still alive" is you. Why, do you suppose, you are still alive?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2855 (isolation #213) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Magua »

Benmage wrote:And I am calling the SK inv-immune. WHOMEVER THAT MAY BE. Therefore the SK has NO desire to kill Kast.

See where I am coming from?
And then this SK, who has no desire to kill Kast, has a desire to kill an unclear who's moderately suspected over the host of available clears/PRs/confirmables/people who weren't getting wagoned D2?

Do you see where *I* am coming from?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2857 (isolation #214) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Magua »

Benmage wrote:Like I said an SK, doesn't want to overkill.

Might have been looking to kill a Stark?

******Its bad to ASS-U-ME. BUNNYLOVER PROTECTED TS.
So you assume SK is investigation immune.
You assume SK did not kill Kast.
You assume SK *did* kill TS.
You assume TS is not Stark.

Do I have that right?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2860 (isolation #215) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:10 am

Post by Magua »

Locke Lamora wrote:Magua, this is why I thought it was important to spend all that time reading back. Can you explain the below?

ISO 75:
Magua wrote:LynchMePls is town. Obviously not a Stark, and no serial killer admits like that.

Followed by this in ISO 76:
Magua wrote:Actually, I just remembered that LMP didn't shoot diddin N1.
This was already brought up by Twilight Sparkle.

And no. Nor, at this point, do I care, since you've spent the last ten real life days saying I'm your #2 scumread, you can't vote your #1, yet you're not voting me. So I feel no need to explain anything to you because it doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

Feel free to vote me for this.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2863 (isolation #216) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Magua »

Benmage wrote:
****Magua just must go before TS.

Remember this.
I started this day respecting your opinion. Just fyi.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2866 (isolation #217) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Magua »

Locke Lamora wrote:Where? When? If it helps you answer:

Vote: Magua

LMP is definitely either SK or town.
There. Is. No. Way. LMP. Is. SK.

Stark, possibly. SK? Not a goddamn chance. "Hey, mafia, watch me claim a killing role out of my hat! PRESTO!"

Seriously, it doesn't seem like you're putting together any two pieces of information here. You've gone on and on about your rereading only to vote the person you said you were going to vote 10 days ago. The only thing I get out of your interactions is that you think Shadow can be scum (the mind boggles) and that you think Twilight Sparkle is town.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2876 (isolation #218) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Magua »

*snores*

Tomorrow, Zdenek
Then Twilight Sparkle
Then LynchMePls or Locke Lamora
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2877 (isolation #219) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Magua »

Of those voting me, danakillsu is dumbtelling like no tomorrow. I defy any of you to say he's not town. Locke, on the other hand, has been scummier than a fish tank that hasn't been cleaned for years.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2880 (isolation #220) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Magua »

*snores*

Tomorrow, Zdenek
Then Twilight Sparkle
Then LynchMePls or Locke Lamora
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2881 (isolation #221) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by Magua »

Locke's play is on par with SK who doesn't want to accidentally hit scum. Very cautious. He's trying to suss out his suspect and then vote someone else. He's not trying to find the person where his scumread's the highest -- he's trying to find the person where his townread's the highest that he can still get lynched.

Twilight's play is just bad. I stand by my "you only suspect me when I'm voting you" comment. Despite that, I can see the possibility of Twilight-town-who-can-go-six-days-only-voting-town. Twilight-lynch D8 after Zdenek-lynch D7 is a sheer PoE exercise.

Stand by my dana townread.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2884 (isolation #222) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Post by Magua »

Locke Lamora wrote:So here's the thing, Magua. I'm way behind in the game. I do as much catching up as I can. I find a contradiction with your claim in your posts. I ask you to explain, so instead of you explaining, you complain that I haven't voted. So I vote...and you just proceed to argue how scummy I am.
No. I argue how scummy you were *long* before that. You looking for any nits you can find and scratch at is just scummier.

Your voting for me is not scummy. The way you hemmed and hawed and asked questions like whether I thought there was a Stark goon and *then* voted for me *is* scummy.

You worrying what the fuck I think when you're saying you're convinced I'm scum is scummy.

Similarly, Twilight's vote for me isn't scummy. Twilight feeling they need to build a multipage case against me at this point *is* scummy. Posting a huge wall about why you're voting someone who's already at L-2 24 hours from deadline reeks of justification.
Locke Lamora wrote:What is your focus here? Because to me it looks like you're just trying to argue how scummy I am, when what I was doing is asking you to explain.
What do you think my focus is? What do you think my motivation is?
Locke Lamora wrote:And yes, if LMP was a kill-immune SK, I could see him claiming the Feysal kill, although I could only see that if he's more than 1-shot investigation immune. Otherwise I think he's town. I read his posts around that situation over and over again; there's nothing defensive about it. As soon as Feysal makes that suggestion, he's all over it. He is Stark-hunting like a maniac. Everything he does reeks of the knowledge that the Starks did not make that kill.
Feysal was lynched, not shot. Do you mean Chesskid? I'm quite certain he shot Chesskid. There's no scenario in which LMP didn't shoot Chesskid.

The question is, is he a one-shot CPR doc, or is he something else? And all of the evidence is that he's a 1-shot CPR doc. LMP claimed long before me (he claimed D2), and he claimed one-shot D3, both before my claim D4. This lends a lot of weight to his claim, and is one of the reasons I trust it so much. And then there's the matter of motivation: certainly, an SK could claim the kill. But why? What's the motivation? More scrutiny on them? Want to draw the NK onto themselves (NK immune or not, it's bad for them)? No. It's just like hasdgfas. You could have a one-shot scum dayvig. But what's the motivation to shoot their own partner instead of just saving the power? None.

People who are all "Well, one of Magua or LMP must be scum" are trying to line up mislynches. I believe LMP's claim. 100%.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2886 (isolation #223) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Magua »

And just because it amused me and for shits 'n' giggles: this is a summary of how often people voted for mafia up to and including D5. Doesn't count votes made today (D6). This is votes taken from the vote counts; not individual votes made. This post is total IIoA. I already made my analysis previously today.

Player# of votes# of votes for mafia% of votes for mafia
Danakillsu866069
Chesskid3271244
Magua862630
Locke Lamora862124
DrippingGoofball861820
Zdenek861517
MagnaofIllusion53916
xvart53916
Hasdgfas861112
Benmage861011
Thor66583910
LynchMePls8689
popsofctown8889
Shadow1psc8655
Andrius8344
Nexus8333
Raivann7711
Bunnylover8700
diddin2700
Feysal5300
Kast7500
Setael8600
Twilight Sparkle8600
Xtoxm1700
Zoraster2700

Same thing, but these numbers assume that Zdenek is Stark.

Player# of votes# of votes for mafia% of votes for mafia
Danakillsu866980
Chesskid3271244
DrippingGoofball863136
Magua862630
Bunnylover872528
MagnaofIllusion531528
Thor665832226
Locke Lamora862124
Feysal531222
popsofctown881618
Zdenek861517
xvart53916
Shadow1psc861315
Andrius831214
Benmage861213
Hasdgfas861112
Twilight Sparkle861112
LynchMePls861011
Kast75810
Setael8678
Nexus8333
Raivann7711
diddin2700
Xtoxm1700
Zoraster2700
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2887 (isolation #224) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by Magua »

Locke Lamora wrote:And seriously, where did TS ask about you forgetting you shot diddin? I don't see it.
This is my bad. It wasn't TS. It was Setael. here. I didn't dignify it with an answer.

I'm still not going to dignify it with an answer.
Locke Lamora wrote:So when did I say I'm convinced you're scum? If I was convinced you were scum, I wouldn't be bothering with this, would I? If I was convinced ANYONE was scum, I would have voted sooner (and that would have been Zdenek).
#2621 I ask you who you think the scum is.

#2625 you say it's me and Zdenek.

#2626 I say since you can't lynch Zdenek why are you not voting me?

#2630 you're all "lol what's the rush" and "I'm not sold on you being scum".

Then come lots of pointless questions, like what's the quote from my PM (Like the scum weren't given fakeclaims) or setup speculation questions.
Locke Lamora wrote:You were making assumptions about me trying to make Dana look bad even when I never mentioned Dana. There could be reasons for you acting the way you are now from any alignment. You're quite clearly angry about it, and that could be from any alignment. Take this from my perspective. I find a statement that contradicts your claim. I ask you about it and instead of responding you just rant and rave about how scummy I've been throughout the day. So is this more likely to come from a townie, who has a perfectly good explanation for why it looks like they forgot they killed someone, or scum who's lying about it?
Tell me the motivation for me lying about it. Seriously. Do this. Walk me through your thought process. I mean, after all, that would mean I'm not the SK, right? So your operating theory is that I'm Stark?
Locke Lamora wrote:Yes, I mean Chesskid. Of course LMP shot Chesskid. I don't think there's any doubt about that. And yes, the more I think about it, the more I think LMP is town.
Great!

Do you think dana's town?
Locke Lamora wrote:
Unvote
Let's not quibble here. You're voting me. You think LMP is town. You think TS is town(ier). By POE I'm the only candidate you can lynch. Why unvote?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3115 (isolation #225) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Magua »

Seacore, Faraday, this was a really fun game -- the first "normal" game (non-Stars Aligned, non-Mafia of the Chosen Ones) that I've actually really enjoyed on this site. The roles were interesting, the mechanics were interesting -- I just think it was well done.

Thanks for modding it.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3175 (isolation #226) » Fri May 06, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Magua »

Andrius wrote:Magua, bro. Whatever happened to THIS? Seriously, every time I see a player "outsource" his daykill/nightkill/vote he flips scum. Its because the scum don't want to take responsibility for anything that could bite them in the end.

Er. I didn't say those words. Magna did. Magna who was scum and hasdgfas' partner. You may recall.

<_<
>_>

hasdgfas *didn't* outsource his kill. He vigged xtoxm when he could've easily vigged Raivann or Bunnylover or the like, and that's what really what cemented the town read in my eyes.

Which was wrong. But -- and I mean this in all honesty -- if played again I would react to that action the exact same way. You day vig scum D1 unprompted, I will treat you as town the entire game. Promise. Feel free to abuse this meta on me. It's high-risk, high-reward. Like I said in the Dead QT, if hasdgfas had ended up killed by BWB N1 we all would've had a good ol' laugh at his expense.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3176 (isolation #227) » Fri May 06, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Magua »

Also, in case anyone missed it, you must listen to Faraday's narration of Magua's lynch scene. It's in my sig. Be sure to tell Faraday what you think afterwards.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3182 (isolation #228) » Fri May 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Magua »

Andrius wrote:Magua, he wanted to outsource his kill. I know he didn't, but the notion started with the outsourcing.

You quoted his *scumbuddy* and tried to use his scumbuddy's argument. Does that not, right there, tell you that you're stretching, maybe, a little bit?

Trust me. I get it. You suspected hasdgfas. You suspected him and you were right. Man, if only we'd listened to you. The game would've been ours. We were fools. But, alas, the moving hand, having writ, moves on.

Here, I made you a cookie:

Can you kindly stop it with the caps lawke rage now?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”