Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1661 (isolation #1) » Sat May 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by Andrius »

God, really? RC, you're asking for people to nom you for Scummies AGAIN? Have some class, dude.

AGM wrote:
This post from the QT makes me relatively uninterested in responding to your post. I've played in lots of games and I rarely have many complaints about the setup, but when I do I feel pretty justified in my criticism. Hell, I even decided to give you a second try as a mod too, because I thought maybe you would change based on past feedback. But this post, combined with this game and Blackest Knight, makes it pretty clear that you are approaching everything with the confirmation bias that you are right. I don't think that recruitment, even one-shot, is okay. I don't think no-flip is okay. I don't think changing the wincon was okay. I don't think the IC being allowed to lose members yet still win was okay. But you don't think any of those things. You think that your games aren't bastard, that it's okay to have setups with completely swingy (and unfair) mechanics because they are "theme" games, that we aren't allowed to complain because the setup was 90% "open," and that everyone who dislikes the setup is just whining because they lost. You had the EXACT same response to Blackest Knight, so I'm really confidant at this point that this is just your de-facto attitude towards moderating. You design and moderate games that you think are cool, and then you run them. And that's fine. I'm sure there is a market of people who agree with you and like your games … and they can have fun playing in your games. I, unfortunately, do not - and it really doesn't seem worth it to argue about it because I don't think you are ever going to change your moderating style, regardless of what I have to say.

I agree with most all of this.
Everything except the fact that the word you're looking for is Night, not Knight, AGM. :P
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1663 (isolation #2) » Sat May 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by Andrius »

"Feel free to lose yourself in the moment, but remember: If you don't keep your head screwed on straight, it'll be the next one rolling on the ground" is NOT just flavor. It's serious advice. If it was just flavor, it would have been put in the flavor paragraph at the top.

This is no excuse for near-bastard moddery. Just like the "numerous flavor hints" in BNM.

RC, you're missing the point. Regardless of UT's play, his kills were RB-able. Magua's were not. They're clearly not equal.
No, the DSK didn't have a short stick at all. You mis-read or something.

Not to mention, this information was all on the wiki, LONG before the game started, and was in fact probably the reason many of the players joined this game.

"Was in fact probably" means no.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1671 (isolation #3) » Sun May 08, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Andrius »

AGar wrote:- Antagonizing players who are pointing out re-iterated flaws in your setup only makes you look childish, immature and like a raging dickbag. You say AGM and MoI's tunes would have changed if their faction had won. Maybe they would have changed if their factions
had a shot to win
. This was already discussed in the dead QT - you crippled the scum factions, especially if they operated under the guise that IC loses if a member died. The fact that any player saw it optimal to
out their scumbuddy
to avert is suboptimal setup design, and makes it impossible for scum to actually come to a win. ESPECIALLY considering the mole didn't have to live to win from either faction AND the IC had a 1-shot recruit. Knowing that, IC's best possible course of action would be Night Rider-IC to out his team on D1, Skull Crusher IC to out his team on D2, recruit a town player, and there's a bunch of shit flying around already. IC induces complete and utter chaos, and scumteams are decimated. Two fell swoops. Done, and done.

Also, RC, you're the one who brought this up in HP development. How people were complaining. So I came by. Sorry if I didn't know you expected me to not speak freely.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”