Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1634 (isolation #0) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:17 am

Post by AGar »

This game had too much meta-ing of a single head and trying to apply it to an entire slot, which was one thing that really hurt the town in the long run. Lots of poor assumptions and reads were made off of that fact.

Props to LF, btw. I was snowed.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1693 (isolation #1) » Mon May 09, 2011 7:23 am

Post by AGar »

Ugh, this game was a headache. I apologized in our QT, but I pretty much stopped playing after the end of D3. I don't know what conversations happened between Ray and Fate and when, and I don't really care. I more stopped playing because of the fake-cop claim. I still can't wrap my head around that. A thorough explanation would be awesome of what you guys hoped to accomplish.

@GreyICE
Yeah, our post style was bad. I didn't question how genuine your read was, I actually found it pretty townish in the midst of it. I think our game would have gone much smoother had we started as an open hydra instead of an anonymous hydra at first. RayFrost and I have somewhat distinct posting styles, so we felt Equinox was ambiguous enough to keep our identities under wraps. When we came out with the identities, we should have probably shifted the posting style a bit.

D2 was ugh. I should have pushed harder against the Gummy hop, but at the same time, GB was frustrating me to no end. Then D3... D3 was a shitshow, even from the getgo. The vanilla rolecop on FD for me didn't make sense. Fate is generally a loud presence in thread, and likes to play leader. VT is the perfect role for that kind of play, so for their hydra to be playing in the manner they were didn't make sense. Things just snowballed from there.

Honestly, the town was all full of failures. D3 must have been pretty entertaining from the scum point of view, all attention shifted to us, Yos, FD and Daspot at the end.

P-Edit: Fate, the entire fucking town, save for Pathetric, played subpar. You can't point to 1 town slot and say "Yeah, there gameplay was great!" Even PC in that mess of the end of D3 was making huuuuge leaps on things that I couldn't believe to be town.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1694 (isolation #2) » Mon May 09, 2011 7:23 am

Post by AGar »

EBWOP:

their* not there. Fuck English.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1762 (isolation #3) » Tue May 10, 2011 5:34 am

Post by AGar »

Vi did an "educational hydra" with Furcolow. It did not work. Vi made a thread in MD as to why the overall concept is bad.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”