sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #1) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Alright, there's a lot of meta going on here. Let me add something to the mix.

Last time CMAR pulled something like he did in post 45 (very ambiguous, hinting at possible power roles?), he was scum (Sherlock Holmes mafia). Doesn't mean anything as far as this game goes.

I've never used meta as the basis of ANYTHING. I go into each game with a clean slate, and I offer this clean slate to every other player. I never "research" other players.

So, everyone just forget meta.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #2) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

CryMeARiver wrote:

Eh? I didn't hint at me being a power role in this game...

I took this:

CryMeARiver wrote:if people keep pressuring me on the first page business, it will result in the claims of more than one person.

the wrong way then.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Tue May 31, 2011 7:44 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I've seen people play like CMAR is right now (Parama comes to mind), and you can't use that style of play as a read either way. Just sayin'.

@TheJackalope: What's questionable about it? You say it isn't scummy, so what's wrong with it?

@vezokpiraka: I've been on the site for over a year now, and I've never seen that abbreviation. What's MC?

I approve of RVS bandwagons, for anyone following that debate. However, RVS wagons rarely (as Surye said) lead to a lynch, and experienced players don't really react to them in my experience. New players might, I guess. They do provide points of discussion, which is why RVS wagons are useful. @Ironhead: Even if someone "discerns a 'scum read'" from a reaction due to an RVS wagon, it's up to the rest of the town to discuss it. Another point in favor of RVS wagons.

tl;dr: RVS wagons are more helpful than hurtful.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:03 am

Post by sorasgoof »

jilynne1991 wrote:I'm just going to post reads on people. Since I don't have that much time, I'll explain them later if I remember/you guys ask.

Surye: thinks is town, but my paranoia is killing me
C-Worl: null to town
The Mask: null
Nocmen: leaning town
Vezo: null and thinks he is a very useless player\
Cobbler: leaning town
Iron: leaning town
CMAR: null to leaning a little bit scum
Monk: null
earworm: null to a little bit scum (this means nothing though, since it's just a gut feeling.)

I just named those on the top of my mind at the moment, and if you guys aren't on, it *might* be a sign you guys aren't active enough.

I love reading read lists like these, because they say so much. I see a "thinks is town," six "nulls," and three "leaning towns." (S)he has no strong scum reads yet? Nothing stronger than "null to leaning a little bit scum." All of these (scum) reads are incredibly weak. I see you said you had no time to explain, but I'd like explanations on your scum reads (I don't really care about your town reads at this point). Also, what about the rest of the playerlist? Through experience, I've found that players who post lists like these and DON'T have any somewhat strong leads one way or another are often scum. Until I get a good explanation,
Vote: jilynne1991
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:04 am

Post by sorasgoof »

^ I'm posting as I read/catch up, by the way.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

I got sidetracked while catching up yesterday, so let me go ahead and start again. I'll post my thoughts as I read from post 80.

*Don't see anything of real interest on page 4

Post 103 (jilynne1991): ...what was that about?
Post 105 (Surye): The point is that you answered a question directed towards another player. Effectively, you ruined a decent reaction test. Don't answer questions for other players. Also, you call CMAR "not protown" for discouraging questioning, but that's not what he was doing at all.
Post 107 (Nocmen): Horrible. That post you quoted wasn't WIFOM at all. Even if it were WIFOM, I don't like the way you tried to present it. "Not too important, but I need to point out the use of WIFOM this early." Okay, why? Do you think it's scummy? You're trying to spread suspicion around subtly.
Post 108 (earworm): Ha. Earworm sees the fallacies of post 107. :D
Post 115 (Nocmen): Jil's interactions with Vezo are null at best, in my opinion.
Post 116 (vezokpiraka): >_>
Post 121 (Ironhead): I really like this post by Ironhead. Just got a strong town vibe here.
Post 125 (vezokpiraka): I lol'ed.
Post 131 (Surye): I also like this post. A list of reads with REASONS.
Post 136 (The Mask): Don't like the Surye vote.
Post 138 (C-Worl): I think I saw what CMAR saw, but I'll keep it to myself. However, why do you think CMAR is townish? What has he done to make you think he's town? You just said you haven't seen him do anything scummy, but that doesn't make him town either.
Post 141 (jilynne1991): I've already said I don't like this, with reasoning and questions.
Post 143 (jilynne1991): What is this? Nobody had cursed in quite a few posts. Also, did you forget your outburst in post 103?
Post 145 (Ironhead): Gladly. :D
Post 153 (Ironhead):
What's RQS?
>_>
Post 154 (Cobblerfone): Niiiice excuse for not placing a vote. You don't need to wait for other people to start placing votes.
Post 157 (wredfar): First I've seen of Wredfar. Already don't like the posting. You give no new reasoning whatsoever. You basically just copied Surye's reasoning.
Post 163 (DeityKabuto): Good, good. Somebody else saw what I see.
Post 164 (Cobblerfone): Cobbler also sees how bad post 157 was. However, I don't agree with any of your reads and you have no scum reads. Bad.
Post 167 (Surye): I agree.
*Arguments between Cobbler and Surye
Post 174 (Nocmen): That's not a case, and even if it were, someone else already brought it up.
Post 189 (Cobblerfone): Still don't like how you don't have any scum reads, even though you sort of explain why.
Post 190 (monk): Another bad list. No reasoning for anything
Post 199 (Sathoris): I agreed with most of your list until your vote. What about monk's list in post 190? Why did you vote for Jil when monk also posted a list with no reasoning? I realize I did this as well, but I hadn't read that far into the thread.
Post 207 (vezokpiraka): Okay, you saw enough through Cobbler's interactions with other players to vote him. However, ...
Post 208 (DeityKabuto): ...this is a horrible vote. Almost wipes out all town cred I had personally given Deity.
Post 220 (Nocmen): I feel like you're intentionally not understanding earworm. >_>

VOTE: Nocmen

Okay, I'm done. I got the worst overall vibes from Nocmen, though several others are close behind. After a while, perhaps, I'll sum up my reads in a list (with reasoning, of course) and do a wagon analysis. The latter might have to wait until Day 2, though.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:53 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Sorry for not posting lately. I'm still here.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

I covered all of my thoughts regarding everything up until my long post, and not much has happened since. I'm not active lurking. Not much is going on, if you haven't noticed. Also, Jil, who were you referring to? Me or Deity?

Anyway, exams WERE more important this week. Today was my last day of school, so you CAN expect an increase in posting from me.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

I'm really not feeling Deity, either. VOTE: DeityKabuto

At this point, I feel he's much scummier than Noc. Blatant bandwagoning with no reasoning, absolutely useless posting, etc.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

EBWOP: Post 208 is where he really started going downhill, really.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

jilynne1991 wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:I'm really not feeling Deity, either. VOTE: DeityKabuto

At this point, I feel he's much scummier than Noc. Blatant bandwagoning with no reasoning, absolutely useless posting, etc.

Remind me again how Noc's scummy please?

You can reread the post where I said he was scummy. Thanks.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:06 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Empking wrote:
PeregrineV replaces wredfar. Give him a warm welcome.

*slow-clap*
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Wow, this game exploded. I'll catch up and have a post for tomorrow.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:27 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I'll have to reread soon. As of right now, though, I think C-Worl is town. Also, I'm leaning town on Ironhead and Surye. I don't recall the case on Cobblerfone, so I'll have to catch up on that. Based on post 483, though, he's leaning slightly townie.

Don't like Vezok's vote post. ...just a vote. No thoughts on anything else? Great.

One question for C-Worl, though. What did you think of CMAR/Shadow yesterday?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Still waiting on an answer from C-Worl.

Also, Amrun, I'd like to see reads and thoughts as well. I advise reading through the game, making notes in a separate text file or something, and posting the whole thing when you're done.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:01 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I'm finding it hard to participate in this game when there is so little activity. Can we pick it up a little?

inb4 someone says I haven't been posting either. Read the above statement.

@Earworm. I'm not so eager to throw around my vote. How long do we have left until the deadline? There's no reason everyone needs to have a vote on someone right now.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:44 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I've been gone, sorry guys. I'm back now, though.

All I can say is that last little bit of posting by jily is TERRIBLE. I'm going to reread the thread, closely observing her.

I'm still rushed, sorry.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Okay, VOTE: Vezok.

I read through the last few pages, and I don't like Vezok's posting whatsoever. I haven't liked it all game. Also...

vezok wrote:I'll tick that as a scumslip for you, but I don't consider it such a big of a deal.

You consider it a scumslip, but it's not a big deal? I'm not following. A scumslip should be the biggest deal ever. If you think he slipped, why aren't you voting him?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:52 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I've been prodded. Nothing has changed my mind on Vezok.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:03 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Okay, yeah. VOTE: Vezok.

There's no way anything you're saying adds up whatsoever, sorry.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

I haven't been prodded yet, so this is an anti-prod post. It's only been one page since my last post? Things have been slow around here, and I'm contributing to that. I'm sorry. However, vezok hasn't done anything to convince me he isn't scum, so my vote isn't changing.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:17 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I honestly don't know what to make of this. Vezok still feels like scum to me, so my vote is staying there.

But what's this about forgetting PMs?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Here's a question. Who legitimately thinks I have an anti-town role?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

And why?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

vezokpiraka wrote:
The Mask wrote:Well I have KCD as mafia. Not only for his defense of Cobbler, but also the way he halted a quicklynch today BUT didn't offer his opinion on anything. It seemed like he wasn't sure I'm the SK and knows that if the SK isn't lynched, he can be blocked. It was weird that KCD wouldn't bring anything to the game, just telling you (vez) to unvote.

SK is between soras and Surye in my opinion, but I'd like to hear from soras. I'm not comfortable with how he's putting attention into his other game on a regular basis.
Prod please, Empking.

Surye, your swift vote is uncharacteristic of you. Do you agree or disagree that you have been a careful voter during previous parts of the game?

He's probably the SK. Empking would've replaced a dead town weight by now.

Horrible. You're pinning me as the SK based on some mod WIFOM?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (isolation #26) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:33 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I haven't played in any other games than this one. I've been modding one other game, which is much more important. Whatever free time I have to use for Mafiascum has gone towards that game. I have a Youtube channel to attend to, summer homework to do (essay, three books), and I also run cross country and coach football. You CANNOT use inactivity as a sign of ANYTHING. The only reason I'm posting right now (or even last night) is because 1) I've finished my books, 2) There's no football or cross country today. If anyone cares, I'm also doing a Dead Space 2 Hardcore Let's Play that needs to be edited and commentated over, so that takes quite a bit of time.

So yeah. Don't ever accuse anyone of a specific role based on levels of activity.

If you guys are willing to be rational, I'm willing to read back through the thread for real and actually produce content that will help the town win in this situation.

Also, Vezok, for the love of God, don't misrep me. I have not been playing in any other games. Also, how in the holy hell does me "coming in here and posting three things" prove anything? At the end of Day 3, I sent Empking an apology regarding my inactivity, and that I would pick it up on Day 4. I'm following up on that promise.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:59 am

Post by sorasgoof »

VOTE: Vezokpiraka
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:46 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I'm L-1. Vanilla Townie here, guys. I guess my inactivity will be my downfall, assuming I'm lynched. If Vezok gets away this game and he has any anti-town role whatsoever, I'm quitting mafia for good.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:37 am

Post by sorasgoof »

You think I've had time to do that yet?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:20 am

Post by sorasgoof »

You guys must have completely missed the point. I typed that up to explain to you guys where I've been. I haven't had time since then to go through this 40+ page thread and post comments on everything.

And Surye, you're right. I don't care.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (isolation #31) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:28 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Kcdaspot wrote:You've had 4 hours.

Point being, you have time to type all of that out. but not to read?

yeeeeeeaaaahh no.

Mafiascum is pretty much at the bottom of my list right now. So yeeeeeeeeah, I haven't spent the past four hours reading this. In fact, you guys are all so impatient I'm not even going to. Standing up to the man, man.

I'll give you this, though.

Vezok
Kcdaspot
The Mask
Surye

^ order from most anti-town to least anti-town, in my opinion. inb4 "Vezok and kc are the ones voting you and they're in your top two lol." That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, man.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (isolation #32) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:44 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Surye wrote:Mask, can you weigh in? Calling the people voting him scummy isn't as suspicious as calling his would be hammerers town in my perspective..

Please, PLEASE put me out of my misery.

I wasn't even thinking about my "would be hammerers" being town or mafia. I think you two are the least likely to be scum/SK.

Come to think of it, I don't see why my calling you two "town," or least likely to be anti-town, is suspicious. But okay.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (isolation #33) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Kc, you're another post away from jumping ahead of Vezok on the scumlist, and doing that's almost impossible. You hadn't said ANYTHING about me until today, and now suddenly I'm your number one target? I've seen you dismiss what you consider scummy from Vezok "because it's Vezok." That's seriously your reason for not voting him?

Anyway, in no uncertain terms, give me why you think I'm mafia/SK/whatever you think I am.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

This is really a kick for me right now. You really think I'm some sort of anti-town role,
clearly
based only on my inactivity! I. HAVE. A. LIFE. It's much more important than Mafiascum, I'm sorry. I had the intention of "catching up" this whole time. THINGS GET IN THE WAY. So, get another reason. The one you have right now sucks ass.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”