ASOIAF: Test of Faith Mafia (Game Over!)

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #98 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Kast »

Vote: MoI

Vezok is his sacrificial scum-bus-buddy he was prepping for later.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #421 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Kast »

Had a long weekend. Going to read through today/tonight and catch up.
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #425 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Kast »

Catchup responses to things that stood out:
He's trying to protect his buddy.

This very much. Thor's entire defense of MoI seems based on the ridiculous position that a D1 MoI lynch should only happen with a 100% guaranteed scum case. That's almost never the case for any D1 lynch, and certainly nothing so far in this game changes that.

Agreed with the latter sentence. I'm not getting a scum read from either.

The other reason for an MoI lynch is because he's good/competent/dangerous scum; much more so than most other scum players (he sort of tried defusing this; but MoI's town-game isn't anywhere near his scum-game so the counter argument is not valid).

I think you're misreading him.I'm reading Thor doesn't think anyone has given him a solid MoI case that he can auto-sheep and his default position is to leave MoI unless such a case exists. The rest of the post I mostly agree, but I don't subscribe to Faraday necessarily being scum as the reason he's baiting LMP; I can easily see Faraday-town just doing it for kicks.

Here vezok tries to defuse the MoI-vezok bussing argument by obvious distancing. But keep the vote there please ;)

In this post, MoI claims scum. He's resigned his loss and probably genuinely believes I am scum. When MoI is scum, he leaves me alone until he's caught; when he's town, we get in big arguments that waste everyone's time.

Do you really need to make excuses for your behavior? That post reads fake/forced/lazy. That said, MoI is scummier, more info rich, and more dangerous as scum than Nexus so keep/return the MoI vote.

Lulz disagree with assumptions and conclusions. Was any of this serious?

LL wrote:MoI does seem genuinely annoyed to me. I guess he could be annoyed because he's been caught by a case that he thinks is nonsense, but I'm not really buying the 'stalling for a claim' argument. Knowing MoI and having played with him recently as scum, he's pretty quick off the mark, doesn't take that long to come up with fakeclaims, and if he was going to bother to post from his holiday, I would have thought that as scum, he'd come up with one beforehand,
not draw the inevitable heat from posting and not claiming.
And on that note...
Agree except for the strikethrough. He could easily post from vacation and either accept his inevitable lynch (so not bother fake claiming), or hope it blows over while he's gone (so escapes need to claim). The latter is a common and moderately effective technique.

@Spy-
Don't get dragged into arguments with Thor. He doesn't work by logic or sense. Also, I doubt he's on MoI's scumteam (or at least, his defense is indifferent to that). He gets quite stubborn about defending scum even as a townie. It's null.

@Everyone-
In the dozen or so pages that earned me a prod, there's really not much new.
-MoI made a premature and scummy pre-bus; vezok nigh confirmed MoI as his scum buddy
-Somehow an RVS SK wagon lived way past RVS (maybe as a counter-bus to save MoI)
-Nexus was dumb/lazy/fake and some people jumped on that
-Lots of people decided to be uncivil to each other (to different degrees)
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #427 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Kast »

@Spy-
Actually, yeah I could easily see Thor as a competing scum faction (so if MoI is cult, then Thor could be mafia, or if MoI is mafia, then Thor could be cult). I could also see Thor as town, but we can proceed with more after MoI flips. I'm also pretty sure Thor will be nigh unbearable if MoI flips town.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”