Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:29 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I didn't get the joke, Fritzler, but you don't need to explain. It's best not to joke about whores... They might appear, and steer you to hellfire.

Though no one offered me a drink specifically, I don't mind saying that it's wrong to drink and I won't be doing any. I'm up for lynching the heathen Commodore Amazing, though, before he gets me first.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Adele, respecting others' religious inclinations is the surest prescription for a fiery damnation. I waggle a finger of righteous suspicion at you.

I'm hoping that once all the drinking dies down, we'll aid each other in practicing our French. This is a great opportunity for speaking practice with a large number of people. If there are any French experts in the crowd, would they mind indicating themselves by a raise of the hand?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:16 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Fritzler, your smiley face strikes me as a moral infraction as surely as mikeburnfire's terseness.

Please don't lynch me just for liking Jesus. People have gone to hell and burned for much less. Though I guess if you're at least listening to what I have to say (Word of God etc.) then I shouldn't mind being a martyr for the cause...

Maybe I can be better assimilated into this group if you try to picture me as "cool." Then my moral goodness might leak into you all through osmosis.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:19 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

The talk of lynching didn't strike me as odd, but I might be used to it.

Also, don't think I'm not "open-minded," Fiasco. I am. I'm just compelled morally to indicate actions which will lead you all to a fiery doom. Don't think I have an interest in sending you to it myself.

Kelly eyes Pooky and Adele with alarm.

I hesitate to read into Thok's mind, but I wouldn't mind brushing up on our Chinese calligraphy if we have suitable supplies.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:18 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Lee, I said I
don't
wish to lead you all to a fiery doom. I do feel the need to point it out when someone is headed that way on their own... Like Fritzler, whose plan to make a martyr of me will lead to the explosion of his soul in a demonic blast!! And fire!

Thok, sorry for using psychic powers to read your thoughts. I'm too shy to ask anyone for calligraphy equipment. Perhaps we can draw characters on each other's backs and guess at what was written.

"Brimstone," that's a useful one.
Kelly scribbles along her index finger.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:24 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Planes are pretty evil. Think about it. If we were meant to be flying around, God would have given us wings and an engine. Amen? What hubris. Let us plead for lenience, that He might withhold (or retract) his Mighty Fist, and not smack this winged vehicle down into the rampant grease fires of hell. Let us see the error of our ways and repent!

Kelly notices what Commodore Amazing and petroleumjelly's fingers are doing.

I think I'd better not join you, Commodore. Not so much because alliances are evil (you don't need me to tell you that), as that I'm trying to get on Fritzler's good side. Nice of you to be willing to align with me, though. That's worth a blessing.

Kelly produces a leather jug. Some chlorinated Holy Water spurts upon the Commodore from within.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:24 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I like Pooky's suggestion that we use the same number (specifically: all) of our nominations.

Nominate: Fritzler, Commodore Amazing, Cogito Ergo Sum

Trying to lynch me over a Bible thumping quality is quite wrong, and may lead your souls to a fiery torment. Just imagine if I had Tourette's. The only difference is that I'm trying to work my outbursts into the content of whatever I'm saying. Accept me or burn people, that's all I'm asking.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #111 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:04 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Is your back naked or something, Thok? It's more challenging to draw through a shirt.

Buy my car or burn, sayeth Moses to the Egyptians! Proof of insurance is in the glove compartment.

Sadly, this Tourette's thing is kind of attached to me. Hopefully I can at least get vigged rather than lynched.

Unnominate: Cogito Ergo Sum
Nominate: mikeburnfire

Yeah! Let's nominate other people besides me!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #113 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:41 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

mikeburnfire, how are you attempting to stop people from bashing me? How are you trying to respect my beliefs (i.e., Tourette's)? You said you were going to nominate me. I must have missed something?

It is wrong to mutilate someone's nose in their sleep. Expect to explode in the fires of hell if you try it! Amen.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #162 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:20 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Do you all think it would be helpful if, at least, those people would indicate themselves who have no compulsions to speak or behave in some affected way? I currently find myself shrugging off potential weirdness on the grounds that the speaker must have an affliction similar to my own. Repent and beg His forgiveness lest the affliction consume you with fire and acid. Eh!

I haven't understood Adele's nominations. Is she just trying to keep everybody on the board so that we don't mistakenly think some people are unlynchable?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #182 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:30 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

VitaminR, I nominated Fritzler because I think he will campaign relentlessly to have me killed despite that this will damn all those voting me to a hot lake of fire. It's true that I am nominating mikeburnfire in attempt to take heat off of me.
Fiasco wrote:Kelly Chen ... has warned strongly against lynching her, and expressed a preference for being killed during the night instead. I think it would be useful at this point for her to clarify whether these were just empty threats ... or whether she stands by the opinion that there will be harmful consequences for whoever lynches her. In the latter case, she's probably not a good nomination choice.
It is indeed true that the souls of all those who vote for me will wind up in a flaming hell. The truth of this is not dependent upon the mechanics of this game, however.

Is it possible for a salad, independent of any human connections, to be sad? Even with limp circles of red onion, cucumber slices mushy at the edges, tomato wedges with seeds in a black goo... Of course the salad can have no feelings. But is it rational for a sense of pity to arise for the salad itself?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #202 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:03 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Goofball, it's not my beliefs so much as a speech impediment. Get it right lest ye explode aflame.

In the interests of having more people to pick from, I will take a nomination off of Commodore Amazing and move it to someone else to widen the tie. It can be either Adele, CES, mathcam or Tamuz.

Adele: Her comment was just silly I think, so there isn't much reason to vote her.

CES: I like Pooky's thoughts about secondary nomtrains, so I could be like SpamWise and leap on that.

mathcam: I'm not sure why mathcam has been nominated.

Tamuz: Not seeing it here either. VitaminR is on both of these last two as OMGUS I think. But actually, I don't think any of VitaminR's nominations have been too serious.

So huh, CES is a cool guy, but he could well be scum.

Unnominate: Commodore Amazing
Nominate: Cogito Ergo Sum
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #226 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:18 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

There is an afterlife to be sure, Dripping Goofball, and it is drenched in flame. Be sure to read the rules of games you're in, or you'll make a cautionary tale of yourself. Praise Jesus for all his good works.

I guess it's time for random voting. How exciting for me to be kicking it off. Turbovolver posted above me so

Random vote: Turbovolver
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #230 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:05 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

the silent speaker, you don't need me to tell you that a flaming afterlife is a good work in its own way. It is well-crafted. If you're asking about staying out of it, well, you can't rely on Jesus' good works to just cancel out your evil ones. The LORD hath policies and standards. Meet him half-way or perish!

Your other questions are not as interesting. To the first question: If I didn't say the vote was random, everyone would be asking me why I voted that way. To the second question: No, I guess not.

Can anyone confirm that that CD is what Fritzler is saying it is?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #234 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:01 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I point the finger of suspicion at Tamuz and Lee. Adele's intentions are consistent if you review her contributions. The only odd thing is her impotent nomination of Commodore Amazing, who didn't receive enough votes to be in fiery peril.

I suggest you recant or wind up in a hot hell devoid of our Savior. I'd rather vote for Lee (who also misread one of my early contributions), but since he is not in peril, and I'm not really that suspicious of Tamuz (there is more to his reasoning than Lee's), I will let my vote sit for now.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #237 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:37 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Thok, you never answered my question. Is your back bare?

While Turbovolver's objection is noted and sensible, I would still like to know if Fritzler's purported CD can be verified. If not, it could well be a hint that Fritzler is a bad man, whose wicked deeds condemn him to flaming torment on the Devil's trident. Commit not wicked deeds!

FOS Thok
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #266 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:40 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Hmm, until we know what the race card does and why it was deployed, I think I'm content with my random vote on Turbovolver.

A day cop role I thought of for the game of "mafia": The role has two powers that he can use once each. Once, he may message the moderator and request that he announce a specific player's alignment publicly. The other time, he may request that the mod announce that a given player is of an alignment of the cop's choosing. The moderator doesn't indicate to the other players which power was used.

Thok, we can have a truce, but you'd have to unvote me. I believe you suspected me initially for wanting to see your naked back. I contest this allegation however.

Honor thy father and thy mother, lest your bottom be whipped ablaze and your soul condemned to the furnaces of hell!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #293 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:38 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I'm concerned that there's not a lot of time left to get a majority. I believe Turbovolver is the leader with just 5 votes, and Goofball and Fritzler have 4 each. Hell doth have a fiery place for those who will not move/place their vote! Not to be pushy. But be thou wary.

I find silent speaker's interest in voting mikeburnfire, at this point and for that reasoning, to be fishy. Particularly as his criticism of Turbovolver in the same speech seemed more persuasive to me, and a vote that direction would be more likely to be effective.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1454 (isolation #18) » Sun May 28, 2006 11:18 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I just assumed. I apologize if I affected the game post-death.

No mystery now why I was targeted.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1484 (isolation #19) » Wed May 31, 2006 6:07 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Fiasco wrote:Tamuz, it's interesting that you planned to claim Joan of Arc. Thok and I were convinced that KC was Joan of Arc when she started talking about French-speakers, God, burning, and martyrdom. I even planted a hint in my first post in case it was some sort of searching mason thing:
i
t's
j
ust,
K
elly,
p
lease
b
e
o
pen-minded
IJKPBO, taking the previous letter in the alphabet for every letter, becomes HIJOAN
Wow, even if I had deciphered this, I wouldn't have known what you were getting at.

I assumed everyone's role came from a similar time period as my preacher guy... So French seemed like an appropriate topic moreso than say video games, or the song that Fritzler brought up.

It would have been pretty hard, I think, to avoid being killed by Pooky. I had to preach at people using words like "hell" or "fire." I was too concerned about satisfying this restriction, and not upsetting people with it, to worry about people discovering what the restriction was.

Incidentally, though I was faithful to the restriction, I wasn't really faithful to the role I was supposed to be (blaming preaching on a speech impediment), and I believed this was
why
I was modkilled.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1489 (isolation #20) » Wed May 31, 2006 7:11 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Obviously I wasn't modkilled...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”