Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Apokalyptika »

LLD, why was your post 156 in red?

hiplop, I get seeing vezok as a dumbass, but I don't see any scumslips there.

I'm also missing the Toasty-vote logic. Seems like a bit of a townslip, if anything.

P-edit: Wow, I'm tired. There doesn't seem to be anything in vezok's post to counterclaim, and Nik's post is too rolefishy for my liking, especially since hiplop specifically said he wanted to wait before showing his hand.
Vote: Nikanor

P-edit #2: Oh hey, that's actually an excellent point.
Unvote, Vote: vezok
Witness the man who raves at the wall
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by Apokalyptika »

Well, I'll admit that I've only briefly skimmed BNM, and that was a while ago. Clearly I'm going to have to go back and read it again, because it seem to me that Andrius' massclaim proposition is utterly insane. Does anyone who played in that game have a reason why massclaim would be viable now? From where I stand, it looks pretty antitown.

I see where you're going with that, tanstalas, but it seems to be a reasonable assumption. The cult can grow, after all, but the mafia eother stays the same or shrinks.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

Gonna
Unvote: vezok
, since my complaints about him have been cleared up and
Vote: ooba
for reasons that have been mentioned--his deadline's running out soon, also, so we should see some fun stuff soon. I must say, I'm quite entertained by these ACCIDENTAL MOD PM SHENANIGANS. Dare I be so bold as to ask for clarification?

I'm finding myself suspicious of mastin2, as well. There's a lot of throwing about of names and alignments, but not really any justification of them. The VCA is especially misleading; what with the whole Day 1 just began and nobody's flipped yet thing, it disguises more of the same baseless name-bandying as something more substantial.

Andrius is still terribly misguided.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:38 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

So I was super excited after the flip, thinking that I could get a bunch of solid reads. Except that most of the people who struck me as antitown in their behavior seem to have rolebased reasons to be town. mastin in particular; I'm pretty sure I know what he's claiming and it's solid. Still, more town reads = fewer people to pick scum/cult from.

Candle Jack wrote:
Apokalyptika wrote:Gonna
Unvote: vezok
, since my complaints about him have been cleared up and
for reasons that have been mentioned--his deadline's running out soon, also, so we should see some fun stuff soon. I must say, I'm quite entertained by these ACCIDENTAL MOD PM SHENANIGANS. Dare I be so bold as to ask for clarification?

I'm finding myself suspicious of mastin2, as well. There's a lot of throwing about of names and alignments, but not really any justification of them. The VCA is especially misleading; what with the whole Day 1 just began and nobody's flipped yet thing, it disguises more of the same baseless name-bandying as something more substantial.

Andrius is still terribly misguided.

Gut is SCREAMING about this post, reads "not genuine" as fuck. Also IIoA given that he's got all these comments about theory and game events but isn't using them to push towards a conclusion about who the scum are.

Looking back at ISO, I don't see any evidence of scumhunting earlier - his only votes have been on players implicated by other players claiming rolebased.

I don't see this kind of post coming from a Mafioso, especially if ooba is scum. It DOES make sense for a CR, though. Moreover, suspecting ooba AND mastin suggest he's from the one faction that I'm pretty sure neither of them belong to.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we may have found our Cult Recruiter.

HoS: Apokalyptika
, will vote once Toogeloo is dealt with.

- Tar

Heh. So the post you quoted, in which I directly make accusations against mastin, shows how I don't push towards a conclusion as to who the scum are? Supposed lack of scumhunting indicates I'm CR despite CR being a role which would be just as eager to scumhunt as town? Cool. For the record, especially on D1, rolebased info>my reads. nopoint, are you just sheeping Candle or have you got anything else to add?

In other news, ooba is still WIFOMing and frantically scrambling for survival.
I just noticed the specifics of tans' claim. I thought he might have misunderstood, but evidently he explicitly gave his powers to Luthor? Not really buying it. Earlier, he was fairly eager to tie himself to ooba, but now he's backing off quite a bit with the whole cross-role-PM confirm thing. The point is that these orange guys are up to no good.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by Apokalyptika »

No, that's exactly what I meant. First, you said that you had Lex in your role PM, which means you were supporting his claim based on it being in your role PM. Then, you went back and said that Ganthet was also in your PM, thus retracting your support when ooba was very obviously connected with you (claiming to be confirmed because of being mentioned in your role PM). I do find both of you suspicious, both based on your claimed roles and because of posting. I'll respond to the other things momentarily.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:18 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

Mkay, so:

Candle, I did say what made me suspicious of mastin. He was stating a lot of reads without justification. Throwaway reads, you might say. Yet, you accuse me of doing the same and call it scummy. Speaking of which, that quote from me was referring to Andrius continuing to push the massclaim idea. It wasn't a statement of scum or town intent. I didn't vote ooba merely over flavor, I voted him over the reasons I have been suspicious of him (excessive cult focus, WIFOM, all that jazz) with the flavor being the icing on the cake. This would have been apparent if you had quoted the sentence before, which read "In other news, ooba is still WIFOMing and frantically scrambling for survival." I'm not sure why you insist on taking my words out of context.

People I feel to be pro-town: Andrius, for lots of content and analysis, most of it good. inHim, miller claim is believeable and he's been playing well.

People I feel to be anti-town: ooba and tans, for reasons previously stated. Slightly suspicious of Mr. Subliminal for signal-to-noise ratio.

Special cases: Right now, I'm honestly not sure if LLD is town or CR. I highly doubt she's mafia.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

...well, that's odd. Definitely seems to be something on CJ's end.

P-Edit: Oho. That's a distinct possibility, there.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Post by Apokalyptika »

Lot of stuff to get through, here. Thoughts on the last ~10 pages:
-Muffin, berating town for a mistaken lynch especially when your opposition to it beforehand was weak? That's not very town.
-hiplop's getting a ring so soon in unexpected? I guess I'll have to wait until Subliminal does his genius gamebreaking thing, but I'm getting a feeling that he may have just been caught in a lie. Then again, he does seem to be part of this magical mason group, so I don't know. By the way, Subliminal, no ring here.
-Nikanor's "result" and all the resultant flailing is hilarious, given that he claimed he was faking yesterday.
-WLC, what the hell. Overly paranoid much?
-Blackberry, great catch there, but I highly doubt that there is more than one anti-town recruiting faction, so it's irrelevant.
-PeregrineV-Voting WLC because he's voting Sub aka Entity aka good guys, then asks in the same breath for reasons to vote Sub?
-Toasty's claim and raging seem genuine to me; I can see him reading a result on him and going nuts without checking everything. Andy and tans, though, it's odd that neither of them would have remembered anything about the previous day. What happened to that amazing scumhunting, Andy?
-Oh hi there, CandleJack. When's the other head going to explain the quickhammer attempt, what with ooba flipping town and all? Also, I'd like to know if you think a specific faction froze your vote yesterday.
-Kast's twin: Why in the nine hells are you voting Nikanor just because of a stupid gambit? He's pretty much confirmed town.
-Wait, according to Nikanor, Sub and hiplop are both scum? I don't see it, they'd have to be from different factions, and that seems too improbable for me.

In summary,
FoS: Muffin and Peregrine
Vote: CandleJack
for aforementioned reasons. Now that we know ooba was town, Tar's rage easily reads like Mafia frustrated at drawing suspicion for quickhammering without even getting the hammer in.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:38 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

I was indeed referring to before you flaked. I know you were gone and all, but talking about how the lynch was horrible and we were all idiots for voting him reeks of distancing.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Apokalyptika »

Tar, I never said Nikanor was flailing. I said that Nikanor's claim amused me, as did seeing the results (i.e. people getting excited and flailing about). And I specifically mentioned that I found it odd that neither Andy nor tans questioned the second cop claim, especially since Andy talked a lot about BPs and such yesterday.

Magister Ludi, hi there! Are you actually going to tell me why you tried to quickhammer, or are you going to clumsily try to dodge the question again? Also, protip: Being on a townie lynch =/= trying to quickhammer that townie, nice try.

Peregrine's 1114 strikes me badly. Lots of people seem to suspect that either I or WLC are CL, but Peregrine's blatantly setting up a "one or the other" type scenario. Reeks of laying a foundation to chain lynches, especially with double lynches.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”