Mind Screw Mafia V (Abandoned by players, mods, everyone)

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Plum »

Kinetic: Which sister? Both Pom and our younger sister are certainly quite pretty; it would be a violation of my code of honor as a big sister to outright describe any sister who is still a minor as hot, but to one who is still a minor him- or herself either might well be considered attractive enough to qualify as hot.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Plum »

Dammit. I forgot something :D.

:D
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Plum »

Fame and Fortune wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
Fame and Fortune wrote:point of order

kinetic is probscum
-Fame

end point of order
Explain.

point of order

"hey guys what's your favourite colour and stuff"
*waits for three people to answer the questions*
"okay guys i know who all of the scumz are but i'm going to inexplicably wait for like five minutes!! brb kk??"
*daykilled*

i'm not buying that kinetic didn't daykill himself is what i'm saying. i think that kinetic is a scum delayed reviver or some such.
-Fame

end point of order

Or his ability triggered his death (which is perhaps of a temporary nature and perhaps not), in which case he'd be more likely to be Town. I believe my take is somewhat more likely, but in this game it's all relative :D.

Seraphim wrote:Ah, I figured something as much. something does seem up, I'll grant you that. I was actually thinking it might have been the mod. If you take a look at the mod's scene's flavor it talks about the target being deemed hostile. I have no proof to back up this assertion.

Do you propose we do anything about it? Do we lynch Kinetic now?

Also, you have a PR, correct?

Seraphim weak-agrees with F&F's conclusions about Kinetic in super-wishy-washy language, emphasizing that 'I don't
know
, so don't place the responsibility for this conclusion on me!'. Then he suggests that F&F should suggest something to do with the information, and weak-proposed something that sounds completely counter-productive, in a way that places the burden of whether or not something needs doing about the conjecture squarely on F&F's shoulders. This is nearly the very definition of slimy. VOTE: Seraphim

Screaming Death Clan wrote:So far we have a daykilling scum, whoever killed Kinetic after this post WILL be found out and WILL be lynched as scum, so claim it now if you want to try and pass it off as a day vig.

Exceptionally useful, aren't you?
FOS: SDC

Got to run; more later.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by Plum »

Nocmen wrote:Plum: Regarding Seraphim, what do you think about him being wishy-washy in the context of this game? I feel like in a game like this, when everything is unpredictable, it's impossible to tell, so I can't see that as much of a scumread in this game. Behind that facade, I see Seraphim as asking F&F why he made that guess on Kinetic as he did.

SDC: Why do you think scum killed Kinetic, as opposed to any other possibilities?

It's one thing to be unsure. It's another to try to say something while saying nothing, or to abdicate responsibility for agreeing with a theory, or to use weaselly language in terms of theories, or to suggest plans of action
which seem counterproductive
while
implying responsibility for executing plans of action on another player
. As Seraphim appeared to do. In fact, take a look at this :down:

Spoiler: A PRIMER ON THE SPECIAL USES OF WEASELLY INSINUATION, OR: SERAPHIM IS SCUMMY JUST FOR THIS
Fame and Fortune wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
Fame and Fortune wrote:point of order

kinetic is probscum
-Fame

end point of order
Explain.

point of order

"hey guys what's your favourite colour and stuff"
*waits for three people to answer the questions*
"okay guys i know who all of the scumz are but i'm going to inexplicably wait for like five minutes!! brb kk??"
*daykilled*

i'm not buying that kinetic didn't daykill himself is what i'm saying. i think that kinetic is a scum delayed reviver or some such.
-Fame

end point of order

Seraphim wrote:Ah, I figured something as much. something does seem up, I'll grant you that. I was actually thinking it might have been the mod. If you take a look at the mod's scene's flavor it talks about the target being deemed hostile. I have no proof to back up this assertion.

Do you propose we do anything about it? Do we lynch Kinetic now?

Fame and Fortune wrote:Wait a minute--what's going on? I don't understand the talk about voting Kinetic. I'm familiar enough with the Mind Screw Mafia series to know that you can vote pretty much anyone and anything, but still...

SDC starts off on the right foot. Most likely town. That's all my head's attached for right now, though.

--Fortune

Seraphim wrote:F&F: Talk to your other head. He started it[the talk about Kinetic lynching], bro.

However I will say that in terms of Hydra-theory madness Seraphim looks okay. Nocmen - he's actually irritating me more than I can ignore, and I'm not entirely sure where my gut is coming from on that, and I will probably skim his ISO for myself before I submit this post just so it doesn't bug me all night.

I can verify one of RF's pieces of information about the game as true, but for now I'll leave it at that. Regarding lynching a member of the Mod team, scum vs. third-party, Tar's experiments with Town-helpful third-party roles comes to mind; in any case, I am unsure that now is the time for action on that count.

Seraphim wrote:lol you know what would be hilarious? If this game was Groundhog's Day and the game played out again and again, with Kinetic dying super early and a bunch of other crazy shit. If we were locked in an infinite day one, or like a three day cycle like Majora's Mask. That's what game cycle and time travel makes me think of.

Homura-chaaaaaan!

F&F's Post #95 looks more like a misrep after going over the relevant posts.

Nocmen wrote:That is a nice thing that you've noticed, F&F, regarding the interactions between Arthas and Seraphim.

FoS: Seraphim

I keep switching back and forth with whether I need to worry about the mods, or whether we should lynch a few players first to see what they are.

People I'm getting town vibes from:
RayFrost
F&F
Vi

Scum vibes:
Seraphim
SDC

Buying into F&F's impressive quote-heavy misrep-heavy case against Seraphim? Ehhhh. Weaksauce excuse for flipping back and forth between Mod-lynching and actual lynching, also "lynch a few players first to see what they are" leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Reads aren't terribly impressive/thought provoking.

Wraith's Post #107 is similarly unimpressiove but doesn't read especially scummy. More null and content-useless.

Nocmen wrote:Also, noting the connection between Seraphim asking for tea, and Vi's invitations for tea, because no one else has yet.

How special of you. I don't assume you've made any theories about this? Or thought about it much? Just innocently noting it. Or finding it slightly suspicious, as you emend in a post shortly thereafter. I see.

F&F's response to Seraphim regarding his Arthas vote and hydra talk, which they wrongly yet strongly conflate, sits ill with me.

Yo, Faraday.

I am sad. I would certainly have enjoyed a tea party with Vi.

Screaming Death Clan wrote:
Fame and Fortune wrote:Wait a minute--what's going on? I don't understand the talk about voting Kinetic. I'm familiar enough with the Mind Screw Mafia series to know that you can vote pretty much anyone and anything, but still...

SDC starts off on the right foot. Most likely town. That's all my head's attached for right now, though.

--Fortune

Plum wrote:
Exceptionally useful, aren't you? FOS: SDC

Got to run; more later.

F&F wrote:Plum's most recent post is goodposting

Something's amiss here. As if buddying up to TWO people (me and Plum) was more important than having a consistent line of thought (aka SDC is probtown, someone FoSing SDC needs to be dealt with/commented on).

FoS: Fame and Fortune

Reread the post at hand. Then again . . .

Fame and Fortune wrote:can you name a player in this game more controversial than seraphim? no, i didn't think so.

Your point?

Fame and Fortune wrote:
Screaming Death Clan wrote:Plus anonymous hydras are always scum. I haz evidence.

You have a problem here. We stated that we would not reveal our identities in the queue thread before roles went out. We know that Tarhalindur could have hand-picked a few roles, but mod-WIFOM and common sense make this automatic assumption shaky, which kills my town read of you.

Okay, what the heck? While the above bit does disregard some other stuff in my post that F&F may have found goodposting, this is too skittish, too weird an automatic reaction even for MIND SCREW game behavior. SDC, please accept my thanks for noting the buddying nonetheless; as Town I've found myself something too susceptible to it, and I wrongly disregarded F&F's statements as without real capacity for harm. Cheers :D

Irony wrote:
Vi wrote:*Irony, the Tragedy+CSL hydra, has made even more hideous posts than Screaming Death Clan, including a weak attempt to cast doubt on SDC when it looked like a prospective wagon. In addition, now that it is known that there is a nonstandard cult in this game, the fact that Irony was counted as a replacement pregame is most likely a key detail.
*Along these lines, I believe that the Cult in this game is born from replacements. It was a popular idea reasonably prior to this game - I know I considered it for a game once - and the idea fits your information. Either way, Irony is almost certainly not Town.

Cult in game is born from replacements?
We were to replace my original account (T) 'cause CSL wanted to play too :3
But I don't understand how Cult is born from replacements; I thought there was cults that aren't us in this game already...
Can you give an explanation how Replacements could be cult or how I... I mean we.. Aren't town at all?

-T

Replacements-as-Cult makes as perfect sense as Vi describes in the response to this post (moreover Tar has used a force-replacement mechanic for Cult previously, if I recall correctly; this is just one step removed). Moreover this post - in terms of reactions to Vi's theory-accusation - is horrendously not-Town in the way it tries to discredit the idea that replacements are Cult; it does not believably sound like the response of a Townie accused of being Cult in a manner he can't comprehend Cult springing from at all. It sounds like Cult hoping he can get something he knows is true to sound like something out of the realm of possibility. Vi, this one's with you. UNVOTE: VOTE: Irony
unFOS: SWDC
FOS]Seraphim

RayFrost wrote:
Vote: OpalDoom

Reasons should be clear to those with sound mind.

I guess I've gone off my rocker very very recently, then. Consider me a bit clueless and clue me in please - ah, you hinted an explanation. Hm, I think I see what you're getting at however it happens to be vague, the connection and how it may be playing out.

RayFrost wrote:The lack of PLUMPOSTING in this thread.

After all we've been through I thought you might have remembered that I am simply never on the computer at this time. Friday evening through Saturday night. But I know that it's just you missing me <3.

Heck. Gut makes me feel better about Seraphim after this read and considerably worse on F&F.
unFOS: Seraphim
FOS: Nocmen

However, it should be noted that F&F and Nocmen had identical scumreads; I think that lessens the chances of them being scum together. Last notes on Nocmen so I can put them down somewhere: He drifts with the current; a lot of his posts are useless middle-of-the-road or maybe-maybe-not comments (see Post #33, Post #43, Post #48, Post #63, enough of Post #92 to put down). Plus the comment "I keep switching back and forth with whether I need to worry about the mods, or whether we should lynch a few players first to see what they are" - it occurs to me why this feels so artificial; it's a show-don't-tell issue, and it certainly feels like Noc's just saying whatever he thinks the thought process should be behind it; it does not seem as though he is actually experience the two options pulling him in different directions.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Plum »

Fame and Fortune wrote:
Plum wrote:
Fame and Fortune wrote:can you name a player in this game more controversial than seraphim? no, i didn't think so.

Your point?

Fame needs to come in here and give the final word, but I read "controversial" as "scummy" here.

Plum wrote:
Fame and Fortune wrote:
Screaming Death Clan wrote:Plus anonymous hydras are always scum. I haz evidence.

You have a problem here. We stated that we would not reveal our identities in the queue thread before roles went out. We know that Tarhalindur could have hand-picked a few roles, but mod-WIFOM and common sense make this automatic assumption shaky, which kills my town read of you.

Okay, what the heck? While the above bit does disregard some other stuff in my post that F&F may have found goodposting, this is too skittish, too weird an automatic reaction even for MIND SCREW game behavior.

Conceded, but SDC only makes sense here if one or both of us is in the mod team; this is because Tarhalindur views a mod playing his or her game as balanced only if assigned a third-party role. Right now, I feel that lynching all third-party roles is like walking through a minefield. The cult needs to be taken care of ASAP and a dead serial killer would be nice but other than those we should be looking for Mafia.

--Fortune[/quote]
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Plum »

Wow, my last post got killed before it even got started. Perhaps the mess will get cleaned up, or not, but whatever, here's it done proper:

Fame and Fortune wrote:
Plum wrote:

Your point?

Fame needs to come in here and give the final word, but I read "controversial" as "scummy" here.

Opinions, opinions. Spin, spin. Also: misrep, mountain-out-of-molehill. My comment stands either way.

Fame and Fortune wrote:
Plum wrote:
Fame and Fortune wrote:

Okay, what the heck? While the above bit does disregard some other stuff in my post that F&F may have found goodposting, this is too skittish, too weird an automatic reaction even for MIND SCREW game behavior.

Conceded, but SDC only makes sense here if one or both of us is in the mod team; this is because Tarhalindur views a mod playing his or her game as balanced only if assigned a third-party role. Right now, I feel that lynching all third-party roles is like walking through a minefield. The cult needs to be taken care of ASAP and a dead serial killer would be nice but other than those we should be looking for Mafia.

--Fortune
[/quote][/quote]

I didn't think it was a joke of great finesse, but the way in which you
took that comment seriously
sets off very loud alarm bells. The way in which you 'concede' the point but still take it seriously? Even in Mindscrew, you are coming to very weird conclusions about such comments; you are acting skittish and defensive over a joke and have even redacted a Townread (which has since turned the rest of the 180 degrees) because of it. That simply is not the most common behavior of an innocent Townie, even one annoyed that any comment at all was being made over the anonymity of the hydra. It reads very very off.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Plum »

Fame and Fortune wrote:
Vi wrote:4) the Irony slot has done nothing pro-Town at all. Considering how terribly easy CSL is to read, I fully believe this slot will flip scum of some kind. And to the obnoxious bystanders, I am quite aware that CSL has not posted at all in this game, not to be confused with not posting onsite. I just got out of a game where I got to experience the wonders of CSL's scum meta. When CSL looks Town, I will rescind my judgment.

:badposting:
guilty until proven innocent logic and accusing a player of lurking one real-life day into the game.
what are you going to do if csl shows up and starts acting obvtown?

Did you read?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by Plum »

Excuse me, Juls.

Juls wrote:
Kinetic:

First, he knew he was going to die as evident by Post 8 where he says:

Kinetic 8 wrote:If I die again
day
1 its fucking malt again
. Notice he says "day", not "night". So I don't think we have seen the last of Kinetic and he may be your cult leader.

He was clearly referencing a previous game:

Kinetic wrote:
22) malthusis

Why the hell did you kill me first in MTG Parallel Worlds mafia. Do you know how much I prepared for that game. I hate you. If I die again day 1 its fucking malt again and someone needs to kill him right back.

Why'd you leave it at an FOS? Why not vote Irony, if you think he claimed the Kinetic kill???
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Plum »

Sorry, Juls, missed the vote among the bolded lines. My mistake.

Noc: It's possible, certainly. But Juls disregards the relevant context completely; it may or may not have been a breadcrumb, but definitively stating that, and using it to support the speculation that Kinetic is the Cult Leader . . . I have misgivings.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Plum »

*headdesk*
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Plum »

Screaming Death Clan wrote:Also some of my information is false apparently...because no one was supposed to be able to be revived last night. Which means Plum's not dying is due to some weird mind screw shit >_>

I know why I was returned to the game :). However, no setup info to speak of, really.
So I missed the Night posting, give or take. Highlights reel? We could probably go down the line with F&F, how many times 'I shouldn't be scummy for X' comes out; it's actually fairly reminiscent of the superb reaction to SDC's 'Anonymous hydras are scum, I have proof, lulz'.

I have also never, to my knowledge, seen *scoff* used between asterisks.

VOTE: Fame and Fortune

FOS: Vanilla Cupcake

Had a similar feeling to SDC's re Friend voting at Night looking Townish . . . but scanning his ISO I'm much less sure.

Friend wrote:I'm gonna see what happens if I don't unvote.

VOTE: Irony

Anyways, I'm sketched about Fame & Fortune because it could very easily be a Tar/UK hydra or something along those lines. I wouldn't be surprised.

But Irony's probably scum anyways so whatever.

The top bit sounds like contrived 'I'm such a daring Mind Screw experimenter' that, well.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Plum »

:good:

Dude, Rule 35 may not be in play even if F&F is telling the truth about it.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Plum »

Vi wrote:Plum, I believe I should invite you to my garden sometime.

In addition, there is one idea for Cult recruitment I haven't considered yet. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I would gladly accept any future invitation into your garden, Vi. I would wish it might happen, truly.

It is frustrating that we can't rule out Ozmodiar, but I'd put at least as much stock in something else, and that list is topped by something resembling F&F lynch-PGO. Shift-one down looks off to me for Ozmodiar; for some reason I think of the shift-down-the-playerlist manipulations as usually going further. Pfeh.

As we stand now, VOTE: Starbuck
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Plum »

Smile, my friends.

V/LA through Monday; sorry for the inconvenience.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Plum »

:good:

Ellibereth wrote:ehhhhhhhhh HI
I spent last night watching an absurd amount of Haruhi.
I'll pretend it kinda helped me understand this.
and I'm work now.
aka SEE YOU ALL TONIGHT

(P.S. knowing whos' in Cupcake I think they're town)
(But Fame y Fortuna is still scum)

OH I'm slow the ozmo thing on starbuck is because they're a useless pair I see I see.
Malth - Hayle also possible? I don't remember malt being in this game and stuff sooo.

ANYWAY LATAH.

F&F looks less likely scum given Elli's flip. I'm not sure what this says about Malth or Haylen if anything but something more primitive than gut is saying bad things about Malth.

Ooba votes . . . Elli? I just looked at Ooba's post and notes and felt that it was
not
going to cut it, not remotely (I'll ask the traditional 'Why am I Town, then, hmmmm, Ooba'?). But in light of the Elli flip, the pressing question is: Why did you have a scumread on Elli?

ooba wrote:
Juls wrote:Now ooba, you going to answer MY questions from 695?

There was one question in 695 and I've already answered it.

If you mean "The question is, which buddy are you bussing?", the answer is "Neither" :P.

O RLY see above

SDC, you can put me onto the 'die for the greater good' list, but you bolded my name? Que?

Juls wrote:
Vote: Plum
She appears to be unnightkillable and I can't imagine that can be a town role. Plus if the first lynch is a investigation then this would be a good one and if that shift down thing is in place this falls to ooba.

Stretch your imagination. I'm praying that whoever's spending kills on me isn't doing so in Town's name. I am not truly kill-immune; I can explain the details of my role, but I'd rather not do so now unless it's deemed completely necessary, however, please refer to the flavor we've been getting, because it does relate to my role.

Then again Juls. Had Elli down in her scum listing earlier in the game, turned it completely around. Hell, we can lynch her after Ooba if that's the way it's going. Ohhhhhh and MALTH. Please your graces, I'd off Malth as soon as any of them.

Juls wrote:
People I think could be scum:

Ellibereth - Generally useless posting and is coming off like Sociopath in my recent Dexter game I modded (where he was scum and kinda had a "meh, I don't care" attitude).

Juls wrote:
Town

Ellibereth - Mostly gut. She has a bold style that looks like she is looking for reactions.

So - what changed, pray?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Plum »

VOTE: ooba

Checked the vote shift; let's rumble. :D
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Plum »

Aw crud, no :D

I managed to screw it up, dammit.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Plum
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Plum »

VOTECOUNT PLOX

That's basically where we stand.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by Plum »

I don't know, but. I'm willing to try it out.

Does anyone else plan to follow suit?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Plum »

Gong to college, may be V/LA a day or two depending on how hard it is to get the internet working there (don't ask).

:)
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Plum »

Juls wrote:We tried to kill plum twice. Fuck she is impossible to kill.

I am
awesome
. But you tried to kill the player who had multiple death-escape clauses, heh. Why me?

Vi wrote:Plum mentioned my role name specifically, hence why I invited her to tea.

I was just trying to breadcrumb :P

I got a quicktopic with Haylen Day 3. She was scummy-lurking as anything.

Vi wrote:
Faraday wrote:nah I don't think so. would you not join an anonymous cult anyway?
It would depend on if I knew it was either that or dying. I probably would have chosen death, since I was due to come back to the game later anyway.

I have a feeling our roles were similar. Was a reason I was breadcruming my character the way I did.

Juls wrote:Plum and Haylen were Neighbored starting with this day. I think it had to do with Elli's death though because Elli and Haylen were masons. But guess how much we learned about plum from Haylen. NOT A DAMN THING.

I first tried to use the quicktopic to help determine Haylen's alignment. It didn't come back with encouraging results. There's no way in hell I'd have explained anything about my role to her - though she did get my character name by default, I think . . .
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Plum »

Everyone did.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”