Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:48 am

Post by Primate »

Zindaras wrote:Hey Primate, wanna execute Battle Mage?
KING FINDS THIS ACCEPTABLE
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Primate »

we must do it quickly, before these ignoble swine can elect tribunes to stop us

and yes, I know, etc, etc
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:53 am

Post by Primate »

you are
so
going to the pits.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Primate »

Andrew, it should really go without saying, but you have my word that I will not actually execute anyone unless I find them scummy. I've actually only ever played with BM in one game before, and we both died N1, so I doubt that counts.

vote mastermind of sin
is good though. Until we know better, we should put the most solid players in the most powerful positions. Mos's main fault is that he's not great at getting people to go along with him, so this should help circumvent that.

@Panzer: No. Your king says that would be unecessary. Dropping more role info will not further convince people, and will just aid hannibalscum in coming up with claims. No offence, but the reason I don't want you on the tribune stand is because I don't think you're a particularly good player yet. You'd veto people for the wrong reasons. And you really, really, need to stop this habit of claiming early for bad reasons. I've seen you do it in a few games now, you figure that if you claim a your role, you will get someone to listen to you, be trusted more. All it really does though is tell the mafia who to actually kill, and prompt paranoia in a town. all the things you're trying to gain can also be gained by simply acting like a townie, putting forward your suspicions well, etc.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:47 pm

Post by Primate »

AndrewS wrote:Primate: Sorry, I hate to be so suspicious, but I was in another game where a similar situation arose, and a player nearly got lynched for absolutely silly reasons. At any rate, my best suggestion is MoS/Mole for Tribune, but I can only vote for one.
What game was this?
BM wrote:i dont think so. Please reference that game to me. Also, we are currently together in another game. Neither of us are dead YET.
Good ol mafia, Mach-Mafia's game.
Panzer wrote:So You'd rather have someone with one veto instead of two? That makes sense, and primate, I have only claimed by choice in 2 games, this and MK on WIFOM. I actually am not bad at catching scum and I think between me you and MoS we could stop Zindy from lynching the entire world
Dude, the guy hasn't got a machine gun. Saying we need 4 veto's to stop zindies reign of terror is a little extreme.
AndrewS wrote:Panzer: It's not that - we just don't believe your claim.
Do you think it common for scum to lock themselves into a claim this early in the game? There isn't even much of an upside to trade for the flexibility either. The powers of a tribune are hardly game-breaking enough to hit the mindset. You think he's lying about his claim? Why?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Primate »

AndrewS summed up my feelings regarding electing PanzerTribune in #152.

Mos has done nothing to make me feel like my voting him is at all misplaced.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:49 am

Post by Primate »

Raffles wrote:
Zindaras wrote: What other criterium do you suggest we use when he have virtually nothing to go on?
As I have tried to push (and failed) so many times, we have a week to elect a tribune. In a normal mafia game, a week might be enough to get some way through discussion. It might give an insight into who could more likely be a scum, and who could less likely be a scum. And I can't see how consulmaker would be any different. I would have preferred to have some discussion with the person in question before voting on someone other than myself.
We're already halfway through this week and we've barely got one relevant wagon. Mos is legit. We should already be looking for our second.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Primate »

A confused town is an honest town. Scum just ascribe things up to the confusion, later, but still, it's nice to have it.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Primate »

vote Rand al Thor
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by Primate »

Panzerjager wrote:Primate is your vote a vote or an execution?
If it was an execution, I would have posted (Execute:????), like it says in the rules.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Primate »

Your King has been busy recently, and will deign to honour you with his wise presence some time tomorrow.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:47 am

Post by Primate »

Zindie, Rand, do you have any links to games in which you were scum? I can't navigate your site properly.

I don't think Cephrir is especially scummy. I've played with him a fair bit, and I've seen him as both town and scum. What he's doing here is much more in line with the way he plays as town than the way he plays as scum.

unvote, vote livingod

The worst of the hardcore lurkers.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:41 am

Post by Primate »

Sorry about how useless I've been. My access has been abysmal over the past week and a half, and it could cut off again at any minute, so I'll just say that I have no problem with the proposed execution. I'm a little annoyed at Zindie for not checking with me before doing it, but I can see why he did it.

I considered Rand, Livingod, N9V or possibly Toaster Strudel for execution. I didn't consider Battle Mage, Cephrir, TEOM.

In my notes I have some analysis based on players in this game, but it's nowhere near finished, so I'll just post it tomorrow. It also looks fairly lame, atm, seeing most of the people who are suspicious are people who are lurkers, and the innate feature of lurkers is that there's nothing there to look at.

So, yeah, I waive.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:46 am

Post by Primate »

Pro Town

1. Zindaras
3. TheEyeOfMordor
10. Hackerhuck(replacing mole)
18. Raffles
19. Cephrir
14. Mastermind of Sin
15. Panzerjager

Neutral

4. TheJiveMachine(replacing Cheesefan)
5. ubertimmy
9. Kison
11. AndrewS
13. Battle Mage
8. Twito

Scum

12. ~N9V~
7. Rand Althor
16. Toaster Strudel
20. livingod

Not in any particular order, these are my present feelings. I just wanted to get them down.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Primate »

Raffles wrote:Hmm I'm a bit perplexed, if that's the right word to describe how I'm feeling.

Zindie - why N9V? There were others on livingod wagon as well. Me being one of them. I read back N9V's post, and he's only made 4. His posts didn't have much content, so to me, this would twig as nothing more than a potential lurker. Yet there were other candidates for lurking; Rand Althor, Ubertimmy, Toaster Strudel, to name a few. But you managed to hunt out a scum from virtually nothing.

This gets me to few lemmas. It could be either;

1. It was entirely by fluke accident that scum was executed.
2. You are scum, and you executed your scum mate to solidify yourself as a town.

(3. Or you are, in fact, an all knowing god)

So why was it N9V rather than other lurkers, or others on livingod wagon?
I find it implausible that Zindie and N9V were scum together.

Vote Zindaras

I think Cephrir should be the other.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #16) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Primate »

No-one in this game is cleared. It doesn't stop them being unlikely scum.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:28 am

Post by Primate »

Zindaras wrote:
Primate wrote:No-one in this game is cleared. It doesn't stop them being unlikely scum.
No, but I definitely wanted to ay specifically that he wasn't cleared so we don't forget about him.
Fair enough.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Primate »

I spent a few minutes thinking about this this morning, so I'd quite like to hear some more peoples opinions on it. I know what my opinion is.

What are the thoughts on electing inactive/scummy tribune in an attempt to spur them into activity/the spotlight?

Tribunal Vote Count

Zindaras - 3(Primate, Cephrir, HackerHuck)
Primate - 1(Zindaras)
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Primate »

Shanba wrote:Some thoughts: I liked Zindaras' reign, but I'm no so sure about about Primate, but that's probably just his inactivity.

TEOM hasn't struck me either way so far

TJM hasn't contributed much since replacing in, except for calling for more contribution from lurkers when he hadn't posted in four days
small fos

UT is lurking hardcore

Rand Althor... wow, can't say I'm too impressed with his contributions. Probably not scum with Battle Mage.

Twito: Lurking hardcore.

Kison: Despite posting quite a bit, has avoided sharing thoughts as to who he thinks is scum, instead focusing on the validity of my predecessors roleclaim and Battle Mage's head hurting logic. Called for a lurker lynch. Latest posts are wish washy.
FoS Kison

Hackerhuck: Has struck me as pro-town so far, like the way he replaced in, agree with a lot of his points, has been logical and consistent.

Battle Mage: Geh. Has voted Twito for tribune days 1 and 2. Vote hopped a bit. I disagree with him virtually everywhere, except that I do agree Cephrir needs to post more content. Intgeresting reaction to the April fool's joke: "go town...I think..." implies that maybe he thought he wasn't town? Could just be BM being BM of course.

MoS: Has struck me as pro-town. I'll be interested to see his LoE since it will probably be his longest post since his election campaign post.

Raffles: I'm leaning fairly strongly pro-town here. Has seemed insightful and logical. The early wagon on him is worrying: if some of them turn up scum it might be worth looking at him again.

Cephrir: Somewhat scummy, on the early Rafflewagon, got embroiled with BM and hasn't posted much content.
Small FoS: Cephrir

Livingod: Lurking hardcore, voted for my predecessor as tribune when he'd done nothing to deserve it. Definitely needs to contribute more.
IGMEOY Livingod

Yeah, this post was pretty rushed.
I like this post a lot.

I recommend reading a few of Cephrir's and Battle Mages games, in particular those in which they are scum, and comparing intentions. That helped me a lot. You seem to be thinking along the same track as me, so it'd be nice to know I'm not overthinking these things.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Primate »

Battle Mage wrote:Primate: would you like to reveal your conclusions from your reads?

"Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse." Vote Count

Zindaras - 1(Twito)
livingod - 1(Raffles)
Kison - 1(Cephrir)
Battle Mage - 1(Rand Althor)
It makes me think better of both of you.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:30 am

Post by Primate »

:twisted:

erm. Don't really have much to say about this one, despite following it all until the end after my death. The Cephrirvig lynch was stupid, Raffles acquitted himself very well, the mechanic was a distinct improvement over kingmaker. I didn't really do anything particularly notable as scum that I can explain motivations behind.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:37 am

Post by Primate »

Yeah, that wasn't an attempt to save a scumbuddy on my part. I wasn't looking for the traitor, I was just setting myself up to be 'the guy who defended a townie' and be able to hopefully get a lynch on rand the day after. Lazy play, I guess, not trying to analyse him to see if he's the traitor, but *shrug*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”