Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

In post 201, mastin2 wrote:That moment.
When you feel like you're surrounded by idiots and are the smartest player in the game.

I. Just. What the fuck. This is what I get for having a life outside of Mafia.

In post 201, mastin2 wrote:That moment.
When you feel like you're surrounded by idiots and are the smartest player in the game.

This is my general feeling in any Mafia game containing a majority of people with accounts from 2012 onwards so yes, I know that feel regularly.

I find it really, really weird how aggressively mastin crumbed that claim in the first few pages. Like, that wasn't a crumb, that was a whole loaf thrown at our faces with a knowing wink and a smile. I think it's also hella dangerous to be all "yo there were different alignment neighbours in game X and Y so we should totally lynch one of them" and anyone advocating that is questionable as fuck, yo.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:40 pm

In post 271, PocketFullofSunshine wrote:
In post 261, AngryPidgeon wrote:Look if you wanna get NKd early then help me lynch PorygonZX scum with some gusto and passion. Those things are not town things.

I disagree.

I liked the neighborhood rage and the fishing from him.

Rolefishing is not to be celebrated.

Agree with AP on most of Porygon. I intensely dislike using meta as a tell and the fact that one of their first responses was "oh this is 'cause I didn't play to my meta with some dumbass gambit" stinks to high hell.

Vote: PorygonZX
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:41 am

In post 400, Professor Maniac wrote:After a small bit of fishing i found another peron in a neigbohood.

but this is scum VOTE: PorygonZX

MattP is also probally scum as well.

I... I just... this is just about the greatest concentrated level of stupid in 2 sentences I've ever seen. The fact that you're not just actively rolefishing, but calling it out when you think you have someone locked on, is anti-town as fuck. Given what I've seen of ika recently re: rolefishing, I think this is a pretty heavy anti-town 3rd party/scum tell for Prof Maniac.

unvote;
Vote: Professor Maniac
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:24 am

In post 516, PorygonZX wrote:So what L-? am I offically at?

Also my wagon is stubid. I would wish to defend if I wasnt busy this week to actually get reading this game.

Ugh...

-.-

-ZZZX

cant anyone see that my wagon is a pure fail of a wagon.

"my wagon is stupid, I'm too busy to tell you exactly why but UGH why can't you all just see"

:neutral: Why even sign up if you can't bother to defend yourself.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Grapes - 1 confirm and 3 posts of "I'mma catch up soon honest mang". Smells a bit like floating along and trying to keep under the radar IMO.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:03 am

In post 510, PocketFullofSunshine wrote:I am pretty sure she is scum!

do I wanna lynch her? of course not (she still needs rope tho).

You never actually explained this (that I can see).
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:28 am

unvote;
Vote: Grapes

Time to wake up and start posting content.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:39 am

I would probably be voting for Pocket if Grapes didn't smell an awful lot like newb scum trying to float along without doing anything all game, and it would be mostly because of the whole "[AA9] is probably scum, but I don't want to lynch her right now" (paraphrased) thing.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:45 pm

In post 628, PocketFullofSunshine wrote:
In post 617, Knight of Cydonia wrote:I would probably be voting for Pocket if Grapes didn't smell an awful lot like newb scum trying to float along without doing anything all game, and it would be mostly because of the whole "[AA9] is probably scum, but I don't want to lynch her right now" (paraphrased) thing.

I am always surprised at how many times I have to explain that there
might be
more than 1 scum in a game. like really, the many times I have had to explained it.

That still doesn't really explain why you don't want to lynch the person you think is scum and then extrapolate further scumbags from the fallout of that lynch.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:31 am

There are legitimately more people who need a pressure wagon to get them to actually play the fucking game than there are solid scum vibes.

Re: Pocket iso #99 - Let me see if I've got this right. You think AA9 is soft-bussing/sussing Venmar, and you think they're both scum, but you don't want to lynch them because you have a "feeling" this might be multiball (which bringing up apropos of nothing is, like, top 5 scum tactics for confusing the town right there)...

Also,
In post 632, PocketFullofSunshine wrote:right now I am thinking about techno and his pounce on you for going after the lurkers.

...he hasn't done that at all that I can see in his iso. You're either not reading the game, or actively trying to make shit up to buddy up to me. Grapes can wait, actually.
unvote;
Vote: Pocket
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:11 am

In post 661, PocketFullofSunshine wrote:
In post 660, Knight of Cydonia wrote:There are legitimately more people who need a pressure wagon to get them to actually play the fucking game than there are solid scum vibes.

Re: Pocket iso #99 - Let me see if I've got this right. You think AA9 is soft-bussing/sussing Venmar, and you think they're both scum, but you don't want to lynch them because you have a "feeling" this might be multiball (which bringing up apropos of nothing is, like, top 5 scum tactics for confusing the town right there)...

Also,
In post 632, PocketFullofSunshine wrote:right now I am thinking about techno and his pounce on you for going after the lurkers.

...he hasn't done that at all that I can see in his iso. You're either not reading the game, or actively trying to make shit up to buddy up to me. Grapes can wait, actually.
unvote;
Vote: Pocket

^ scum

or retarded. I am not picky.

Pure OMGUS.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:16 am

In post 665, Professor Maniac wrote:
In post 663, Knight of Cydonia wrote:
-snip-

Pure OMGUS.

nah its really a scum or dumb thing at this point. Shes town.

"Scum or dumb" - so in other words, the two things we need the least in endgame.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:01 am

In post 668, Professor Maniac wrote:
In post 666, Knight of Cydonia wrote:
In post 665, Professor Maniac wrote:
In post 663, Knight of Cydonia wrote:
-snip-

Pure OMGUS.

nah its really a scum or dumb thing at this point. Shes town.

"Scum or dumb" - so in other words, the two things we need the least in endgame.

so you admit your a scum or you are dumb town and you need to be lynched?

mollie knows whats shes doing. if my hydra buddy says shes town im trusting her b/c she can read her quite well as well as just about many other players

Ah, I misread and assumed you were saying Pocket is dumb.
Either way, I disagree with you, because I fundamentally disagree with giving anyone a pass based on meta, which I assume is what your other head is giving Pocket a town pass based on. Any competent player can play with/against their meta once they understand how people see them.

grapes wrote:
In post 617, Knight of Cydonia wrote:I would probably be voting for Pocket if Grapes didn't smell an awful lot like newb scum trying to float along without doing anything all game, and it would be mostly because of the whole "[AA9] is probably scum, but I don't want to lynch her right now" (paraphrased) thing.

Whatever you're smelling is bullshit. Cuz you're full of it.

You'd be amazed how often it happens from new/newer players.
If
you continue this level of quality townposting, I'll be happy to continue to be proven wrong.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:45 pm

In post 683, mastin2 wrote:Yeah, but I wasn't defending myself with selfmeta. I was making a statement about my meta. Big difference. Selfmeta as defense, despicable scum tactic. Making a statement about my meta, though, is me defending the honor and integrity of my scumgame. Suggesting that I'd sheep as scum is, bluntly, an abhorrent INSULT to my scumgame, as it implies that I lack the originality and creativity to act out on my own, when that is the DEFINING characteristic of my scumgame: being my own person.

"Selfmeta as defense, despicable scum tactic." - Mastin, while pointing at her meta to say that she would never sheep as scum.
See posting in my games from the last 3 years and earlier today re: competent players being entirely able to play around their meta.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:10 am

^
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:48 am

This one considers Porygon an acceptable compromise lynch given that just about everyone short of our hardcore lurkers has interacted with that wagon at some point today.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (isolation #17) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:27 am

Compromise as in it's not the wagon I want to ride the most, but it's the only wagon anyone else seems to be willing to.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #18) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:08 am

In post 770, vezokain wrote:btw

What our your reads on AP, AB, RBD, grapes and Techno?

I'll go through them in that order, all numbers will refer to their #iso and not total game post number.

AP:
- #10 struck me as really odd for such an early phase of the game until it was made super-obvious it was a joke, but funnily enough the interactions it brought out (including mastin openly saying he was sheeping in order to establish the trust/honour self-referencing meta tell later on) make me feel good about it as a legit town play for reaction.
- Disagree with the town read on Mollie, agree with the whole "neighborhood claims made so early in a Large Theme are useless as town tells" thing
- Again, disagree with the town read on mastina, though I also don't have a huge amount of reason to think mastina is scum apart from the awful, horrible constant pointing to blatant sheeping + self-referencing of meta (which I object to on principle)
- Posting has kinda slowed down since for IRL reasons apparently, still have town feel on the slot.

AB:
- #3 instant alarm bells even at early phases of game, when plenty of shit was happening and apparently still didn't care?
- 9 posts in a 31 page game, #6 shows refusal/inability for 1 head to engage with the game until we hit 40 pages, both heads seem otherwise occupied
- Basically nothing to read on, what little the slot has posted doesn't give me anything to feel good about though

RBD:
- This is a weird slot. Consistent posting, consistent engagement with the game, but not a huge amount of substance outside of a few subjects that have been focused (not strongly enough to say
tunnelled
) on.
- We agree that Porygon is an ok lynch, which is nice I guess, but I can't imagine many people would disagree with that at this late stage in the Day
- But then stuff like #54 happens, where grapes essentially saying "I haven't paid attention for 11 pages" is interpreted as a town tell (inactivity for whatever reason is a null at best, usually worse - no pro-town player has good reason to not actively engage with the game to find scum)
- I'm going to put this down to not knowing the hydra's heads well enough to solidly read them and leave it at null-leaning-town for now

grapes
- 3 posts of confirm -> "I'll catch up" -> "I'll catch up" into another "I'll catch up" post that barely engages with the events of the day for the first time on Page TWENTY TWO, however, is definitely nowhere near a null-tell.
- #4 "I don't like to guilt trip" followed by guilt tripping feels like an un-necessary preface, just tell us life kicked your ass and move on; however

In post 669, grapes wrote:Reads: As long as you're sheeping people I want to sheep, then I'll sheep.

Selective sheeping, based on AngryPigeon having more meta knowledge than you on a specific player. Easily faked and highly manipulative. Mastin gets a scum read.

basically sums up why I have bad vibes on Mastin; but then he goes into weird discrediting of hydras disagreeing within themselves.
- Two wall posts of (mostly) solid content does not a full redemption make, especially when those posts happened only when pressure was being put on the slot to actually turn the fuck up and play.

Techno:
- They're in this game?
- #2: doesn't "get" the votes on Porygon, but doesn't offer much instead - very weak chainsawing?
- Constantly asking for links to games with players as X alignment - might just be my inherent dislike of meta due to my belief anyone with a brain can play to/against their own meta, but this feels like lazy play asking others to do his legwork for him so he can appear to be 'active'
- Constantly asking questions of other players, while not posting any content of their own
- Like seriously, before you asked me for reads and I went back and refreshed myself on each player I legit didn't remember a single post of Techno's, that's how little content has been happening here.
- Having actually looked at all the empty-posting going on here, probably my most solid scum read based on multiple weak-chainsaws for Porygon "I don't get the votes on Porygon" paraphrased from #2 and #11 in ISO, and giving the appearance of engagement with the game by asking questions of players/demanding metas for alignments on playerswhile doing very little actual work, smells like coasting scum.

That said, we are getting uncomfortably close to deadline, so I'm going to go ahead and
unvote;
Vote: Porygon
and that is L-2 I believe.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2428 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:13 pm

In post 2424, BROseidon wrote:lol KoC and mastin in the dead thread.

I like the part where KoC bm'd one of my posts, even when that exact thing is what ended up happening.

If you don't see how that was one of the stupidest things anyone could post as a townie, you're beyond saving. Writing that kind of thing is basically painting a giant bullseye on your slot with "push mislynch here pls".

BROseidon wrote:Also, AA9.

The assessment that all of the power roles played this game horribly is pretty much spot on. Vig slot was the only one that wasn't completely terrible in how it played, and even then there was the Ank shot that made 0 fucking sense.

Unfortunately, so did most of the town until blundering into the win by the good graces of the scumteam being nearly as incompetent. Especially "I don't have to explain myself to you noob" AA9. It was like reading a first-timer in a newbie game again, and not one of the good ones.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2437 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:07 am

In post 2433, BROseidon wrote:
In post 2428, Knight of Cydonia wrote:If you don't see how that was one of the stupidest things anyone could post as a townie, you're beyond saving. Writing that kind of thing is basically painting a giant bullseye on your slot with "push mislynch here pls".

You're right, it did.

It also gave me the reads I needed to nearly guarantee a town win if I could dictate the day phase. Which I did.

"I talked the loudest in a slow game full of lurkers, I was clearly leading the town to glorious victory"

In post 2429, ika wrote:
In post 2424, BROseidon wrote:lol KoC and mastin in the dead thread.

^that

ITT: the short bus making fun of the honor roll.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2440 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:34 am

In post 2438, BROseidon wrote:
It's more that I was the only one playing.

And calling your play honor roll isn't particularly accurate, either

That doesn't disprove anything I said?

As for my play... calling out graves D1 (who flipped scum) and then getting killed N1 by either our less-than-stellar vig or the scumteam. Wow, it's almost as if you had considerably more time to play the game than me. :roll:
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2448 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:09 am

In post 2443, ika wrote:
In post 2437, Knight of Cydonia wrote:ITT: the short bus making fun of the honor roll.

says the guy who was in dead chat...

HAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK
THIS JUST IN, LIVING LONGER IN A GAME = BEING BETTER A MAFIA
whatever, peace out, from now on I'll just coast through every game kissing ass or being marginally more useful than an empty slot since lifespan determines skill now

In post 2441, BROseidon wrote:And you called out grapes... And a bunch of town. Getting 1 scum out of like 5 votes on day 1 is, like, fine. But to call your play stellar is a stretch. Nobody played amazingly this game.

Come back when you have another 5 years of Mafia under your belt and talk shit
Also learn to read, I never said I played stellar this game, but I pinged scum D1 while you needed everyone in the game to give up to have any impact
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2451 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:57 am

yes because scummies are objectively skill based and not at all popularity contests

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”