Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:25 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I don't think I've posted yet. That's because I don't want to use up my food before I have a good sense of where I want it to stay thrown, but I am here and reading.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Only you, Albert. You slowly waste away while the rest of us sensibly eat at night after we go home. If only you had a pie that could provide you with carbs...
my guesses right now is that there is no jester and people are getting worked up over nothing, but hey what do i know
I don't see any particular reason to believe there
is
a jester, but why do you assume there is
not
one?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:09 pm

Here is the complete list of all items thrown (by whom) and the eyeballed damage done.

Carrot (ckillor): 1%
String cheese (Jordan): 8%, +1.5% to skruffs
Chocolate chip cookie (ABR): 0
Hot pepper (foolinc): 0
M&M (skitzer): 2%, -1.5% when politely tossed
Cornish pastry (BM): 0
Fistful chopped onions (Lowell): 1.5%
Celery stick (Tarhalindur): 0
Peas (Yama): 0
PB cookie (Blight): 1%
Bowl of tomato soup (Skruffs): 0
Gummy bear (Gorrad): 0.5%
Sushi roll (Tornado): 1.5%
Apricot drink (bamboo): 5%
French fry (skruffs): 0.5%, at least when boogerflicked
Jelly bean (PWS): 0.5%
Salmon sandwich (ckillor): 2%
Prune (BM): 5%
Mashed potatoes (blight), 7-up (JDodge): 36% combined
Banana (Gorrad): about 5%
Potato chips (BM): 0
Wasabi (Tornado): 15%

ShadowLurker started the game by suggesting that we use "votes" that don't count and not throw food until later; he started by randomvoting waar. Ckillor wanted to see what the food throwing does, choosing SL for his target. Waar cast an OMGUS cookie at ShadowLurker, but did not call it that. Instead he said, "Takes forever to confirm role, obvious scumtell."

If SL had not posted, this would be a clearly arbitrary toss and perfectly all right. If SL had posted at someone else, it would be a bit curious that waar ddn't notice, but okay, sometimes people are inattentive. I have real trouble buying that waar didn't notice that someone
who had voted him
was active in the game. This is not altered by the appearance that the cookie, it does nothing.

Nightfall wanted to know why people are throwing food randomly and why are they going after SL (he added "or anyone else in particular"). Note this post for later, though the SL-waar exchange suggests SL town and waar scum. Objecting in the same post to people throwing around food randomly and people throwing around food nonrandomly seems a little weird to me.

Erg0 declared he would hold onto his food for now. Battle Mage expressed relief that our lunchboxes refill daily. Slight igmeoy to BM for possibly protesting too much, but nothing truly pingworthy to see here.

Tarhalindur posted Valleyspeakishly, throwing an imaginary celery stick at JDodge. Skruffs leapt to the conclusion that he was "an anorexic valley girl" although Tar may have just been roleplaying high schooler in a food fight. The big signifiance of this is the dog that didn't bark; Yamahako did not comment on this even though he later claimed "anorexic".

Over this, pickemgenius either propositioned Tar or found him suspicious. Yamahako also found him suspicious, based on the peas he threw. (Pickem did not throw anything, saying "there are pros and cons to each side" of the voting question. He did not elaborate on this.)

Meanwhile, going back to the previous page's only major issue, ShadowLurker exploded all over Jordan for being uninterested in "discussing the mechanics instead of wasting LIMITED votes". He added, "For all we know, that damage could carry over from day to day." I think that was kind of a huge stretch. However, since his lunchbox is under 5 items so he says, his fear of running out of food before we have a lynching consensus is not ill-founded. He also FOSed skitzer. Blight tossed his cookies at Jordan for bandwagoning early when we can't unthrow things.

Tarhalindur voted JDodge, but did not throw anything as he had already thrown an item. It is curious that his celery had no effect, suggesting that no actual celery was thrown, yet now -- casting a vote of suspcion on the same person -- he is reluctant to throw an item. Especially so since JDodge said we should wait to throw our items, andTr is here espousing the same philosophy, yet he's voting JDodge; why?

Foolinc endorsed Skitzer's logic about relative effect of items and M&M's being a good candidate to do very little based on the transitive property of lunch; Skruffs did not like this and heaved tomato soup at him. WHat exactly Skruffs did not like about it is unclear.

Gorrad FOSed waar with a gummy bear for being nofunboy about internet memespeak. Pulsewidth immediately followed with a random sushi on waar. Huh.

Bamboo came in with apicot drink on PWS for no apparent reason. Skruffs was flabbergasted bcause "I thought the drinks were some sort of "Big Damage" item?" Jordan responded by noting the contradiction between soup throwing and
holy CRAP
I thought the drinks/
liquids
were some sort of "Big Damage" items
Jordan bolded and underlined a word that Skruffs didn't even say!

Skriffs started boogerflicking French fries. I don't kow why he sent one SL's way, and he sent one at foolinc while saying -- apparently to
JDodge
-- "That's the second piece of food you've thrown at me, and neither of them were for a valid reason. Why?" Foolinc, thinking not unreasonaby that this was addressed to him, answered that he had only thron one item, which is entirely true,and that Skruffs had thrown two things at
him
for no reason, which Skruffs answered by noting that the soup was pretend (as indeed it seems to have been).

Gorrad speculated that the method of food throwing affects the damage, ad tested two gummi bears. They came outequal, and BM pruned him for tresting in thread instead of asking the mod.

Yamahako pead on Skitzer's face accusing him of fishing. That takes me to the end of page 4, and it's late enough that I'm not going through fifteen more pages tonight.

Through this point my top suspets are Yama, Jordan, Tar, waar (now Albert B. Rampage) and a little bit of Nightfall and Tornado, but this is only taking into account 20% of the game and is very much subject to change.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:43 pm

Pickemgenius, why did you just throw food at skruffs? You give no reasons, and he's got the highest food count out there.

I also am suspicious of the bad behavior notes.
catapults whole roast ox onto BM
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:30 pm

By the way, note BM's damage level. I was quite surprised that
anyone
believed that I bring a whole roast ox to lunch every day.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Arright. Going back to page 5, all significant hapenings.

Tar quoted Bamboo asking why people are voting when there is no voting in the game, and answered that the votes are still helpful to the town. Waar immediatelt posted to remind people that "there's no voting in the game, guys." Waar, as BM noted, fails at reading.

I find the lineup here interesting: on one side bamboo and waar, on the other side Tarha and BM. Jordan took that side in a post that quoted Tar and then essentially repeated it in different words with not much in the way of new content save mentioning that his lunchbox was limited.

Pulsewidth meanwhile commenced a showing of Japanese student.

Nightfall posted pure fluff. I think his "now you're going to throw something at me" was a mere ebwop addendum to querying BM's gender, and in a close decision I think I don't find it scummy.

Skitzer thanked Pulsewidth for letting him politely toss an M&M and gave him one free throw for later.
Foolinc made with the Spanish.

Gorrad voted BM over what looks like OMGUS. He added:
I think the system is a good asset in this game. The time for random votes is over, and we have a good idea of the mechanics. Let's buckle down and start working. There is nothing to be gained at this point from a bandwagon on ANYONE at this point, except for an understanding of what kind of night actions we're going to have, and that's certainly not worth the lack of discussion/scumhunting.
1. By "the system is a good asset" do you mean the food throwing can be used to get scum? If so, a) duh. and b) why are you not using it?
2. How, exactly, do you propose we "buckle down and start working"
without
casting votes, or equivalently food?
3. What do you mean, nothing to be gained from a bandwagon on anyone? Aren't you looking for reactions from people?
This post does
not
fill me with confidence in Gorrad.

Jordan voted waar based on gut, and pickem voted waar based on having no significant content in his posts. Waar was not the only offender here, though, so why him?

BM challenged Gorrad's reaction by saying he voted Gorrad because Gorrad was scummy. His whole post smacks of immense rage at Gorrad.
WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED BY MY 1 VOTE?
Right back atcha, BM. Why are youy fulminating so at Gorrad's one vote?
VitaminR also thought Gorrad was OMGUSsy and voted him. Lowell followed suit, with both a vote and some onions.
Gorrad:
BM, it's not that I'm worried by your vote, I'm worried by the bandwagon aspect. I really dislike bandwagoning, and find it scummy as hell. If you had voted for me and NOT called it a wagon, I'd be fine.
Um, he was pushing for people to agree with him trhat you were scummy and vote along with him. Thus, bandwagon.
Skitzer wrote:If so, Unofficial Vote: Battle Mage and Gorrad. Both you are very against each other, so I only think one is the scum.
Words fail me.

So, pausing to take stock, we have:
Gorrad+pulsewidth v. waar
Jordan+pickem+Lowell v. waar
Jordan+Tarhalindur+BM v. waar+bamboo
BUT Gorrad v. BM w/suspicious skitzer
Jordan+bamboo v. Skruffs
Tarhalindur v. JDodge
Yama+pickem v. Tarhalindur

This makes me think worse of Jordan and Tar, somewhat better of waar.

Moving on. BM called Skitzer of his awful, awful post. And Skitzer's response (bolding mine) -- just look at this!
And BTW,
were not townies
. I was just saying that one of you could be. You just seem to be arguing voraciously at the moment.
To me this looks like a bad slip, and Skitzer is scum with probably Gorrad.

Blight voted Jordan for permavoting too early. Jordan defended himself that string cheese is his smallest item so he figured it would do little harm. I find this meh because the core of the objection is that once thrown it can't be taken back and you don't have it for later, not that SL was in imminent danger of dying. Blight emphasized this, and Jordan insisted he was reading too much into what was "really only an early day bandwagon" and voted both Blight and SL. Blight I understand, it's OMGUS, but why SL?

Yamahako forced peas into Skitzer's eyes. I'm liking Yamahako.

Tar posited that the permavotes carry over from day to day. Yama didn't like what Tar's warning against throwing any food did to the spirit of the game, and added that Tar was trying to lead the town to a lynch. I don't understand how. Yama, clarify plz? Any road, the mod shot down this speculation.

JDodge threatened the next person to throw with no reason with a soda bottle. He eventually followed through on Yama, doing something insane like thirty damage. I do not consider this a very pro-town action on JDodge's part.

Shadowlurker worried that too much food has already been thrown to effect a lynch, and disapproved of Yama and Jordan for seeming to want no lynch today. Foolinc... agreed with SL, I think?

Nightfall voted Yama for throwing peas in the majority of his posts. End of page 6. Top suspects atm are Skitzer; then Gorrad, Tarhalindur and Jordan; then pulsewidth and Nightfall.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:18 pm

@Gorrad:
Also, I'd like to add that if you'd actually read the latest posts, I HAVE been using food...I have none left!
I meant why weren't you throwing food in that post, though your response moots the point.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:49 pm

Skitzer's last post convinced me. "One wasn't even noticed"? What the hell kind of defense is that?

Bean skitzer in the head with an apple

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”