the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:49 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Sorry I'm so late -- somehow every time I checked the board my eye slid right over the thread.

Important bandwagons to look at:

K-scope
Mariyta
Soupfly

Possibly some of the little ones that didn't get off the ground, but a one-footed analysis won't likely spot those properly. Mariyta's wagon was tied to Ibaesha's, though.

Mariyta's wagon jumped up darned quickly, with Fritz, IH and JDodge all voting in quick succession. Fritz's cited reason was how dare Mariyta accuse ibby of being perpetual perpetrator of perfidies! IH agreed, and JDodge said only "discuss". Odds-on that one of these three is scum, JDodge for preference. Ibaesha's only response herself to being voted was to vote Kilroy; I see a couple of possibilities for why she voted him, but I don't know that either of them makes Kilroy scum. At this point the people voting those on the Mariyta wagon were Albert, Battle Mage, and Flameaxe. (To bring it full circle, Kilroy had tried to get a bandwagon going on Flameaxe.) Battle Mage then shifted to ibaesha, and MOS declared, "Now this is a wagon I can get behind," and voted Mariyta. On another string of virtually successive posts, Flameaxe, Albert, Aegor and Kinetic all voted Mariyta. Very probably one of these guys is scum, but Kilroy is voting the wrong one, IMO; Flameaxe noted the quick pileup, as well he should have.

The bit featuring MissMoo was pretty weird.

Thus endeth the Mariyta wagon.

Soupfly:
page five and the game hasn't even started yet. pity the fool who replaces into this game and has to wade through pages of BM taunting to get a glimpse of some content.

i would think that spamming is not a bad scum tactic
Well, yeah, if you consider a bandwagon two-thirds of the way there "no content," the game's got nothing. But an unadorned comment about the theoretical value of spamming as scum is hard to cast as, well, anything other than more spam.

IH responded to the above comment with a soupvote, and Yagami countered that wanting to get past the spam phase is not scummy and therefore voted IH for voting. Soupfly joined Yagami (unsuccessfully, as he neglected to unvote), and K-scope joined IH because "I disagree with [soupfly]." Ibaesha voted K-scope for sneaky spamming, which I don't get at all as more of K-scope's posts are contentful than not, and MOS followed "the royalty that is Ibby".
Kinetic: You want to lynch someone for wanting to lynch BM? Are you BM's scum buddy?
Yagami: He wanted to lynch soupfly not BM, and he wanted to lynch him for wanting to get the game out of random, so yes.
What?!?!

Kilroy jumped on the Scopewagon, which Kinetic thought painfully ironic, and soupfly pulled off a successful vote change to Kaleidoscope. Battle Mage and Albert joined the new bandwagon -- them again? -- Flameaxe noted the bandwagon shift, and then spamz0rz.

There seems to be some motion for an item claim. MOS in particular:
Although if the scum kill someone, we can try and pick up the items before the scum get them, since we already know what that person had.
Maybe this is my ignorance of exactly was was posted at the very start of the day, but since we wouldn't know who died until the mod posts it, wouldn't the items the dead person dropped be made public knowledge at the same time they became available? Thus, no head start. Scum, on the other hand,
would
have an edge, since they know who they targeted before it becomes public knowledge.

Vote: Aegor
because his only post was scummy bandwagon-following.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:10 pm

He posted votes and disagreement with people. I call that content. It makes for short posts, but not everyone can be as tldr as I am.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:07 pm

Old truck which I chose to hold onto.
Staples which I picked up and might be willing to trade for a suitable offer.

Let me know when it's time to vote K-scope.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:52 pm

Aegor, who are your top five candidates for scum, and why?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:23 pm

To rephrase Yagami's question more precisely,
mod: do all players with the option of dropping an item also have the option of giving it to a targeted player?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:56 pm

I think there is entirely too much letting of people off the hook far too easily. IH's comment is possibly more of a slip than KScope's was, and why exactly does a winemaker run a CD shop when we have a winery?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:41 pm

Unvote, vote: IH
, partly on the basis of claimgate, but also because of his role in the Mariyta wagon. I suspect there was scum on the wagon then and scum on it now, and would be happy to switch to JDodge if the wind were to shift that way, but with a deadline I want to make sure of getting a lynch through.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:21 pm

Yes. The joke wagon. Which reached two thirds of the way to lynch before anyone figured out the punchline. That one.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:27 pm

Posting mainly to say I'm still here and following.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:05 pm

Not seeing any real reason not to vote for Kilroy at this moment, but I want to remind everybody that the bandwagon is now in double digits and we want to hear from our item-claim stragglers while it's still this day. Also, tomorrow the first order of business should be to cross-correlate the bandwagons (exactly how will depend on whether Kilroy turned up town or scum) and see whose reactions are consistent and whose not.
Unvote: IH, vote: Kilroy
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:46 pm

Fine fine.
unvote, vote: roland[/quote]

JDodge is self-evidently scum.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:47 pm

EBWOP:
unvote, vote: roland
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:42 am

I'm with Mariyta. BM, why should a vig eliminate everyone who has ever suspected you, just for suspecting you?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Not every reciprocal suspicion is OMGUS, MOS. One could just as easily ask why you are so desperate to defend Kilroy.

I think Kilroy is scummy for his actions, and even in the event that he turns up town, there will be a
lot
of information from his lynch, both from the people on (and off) his bandwagon and the interactions between him and other people early in the game. With the deadline in two days,
unvote, vote: Kilroy
. I have no strong opinion on Tautology either way but I don't expect him to get nine votes before deadline.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:51 pm

Okay, I double-checked MOS's posts to see what the fuss about tautology was about and how his opinions on Kilroy shifted over time. Turns out he was just fine with lynching Kilroy until he started agitating to delay it in favor of a lurker lynch, and when he was done pushing for the claim failures he was suddenly certain that Kilroy was town. He first came out against tautology one week ago, and his only stated reason was that taut seemed to be lurking intentionally. This is, in fact, a legitimate reason to suspect taut, but his statements about how taut has "practically claimed scum" grossly overstate the case.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:03 am

You know that nice "view all posts by" filter, BM? It's a good way to get back into the swing of things. I'm going to need it also after a month-long night, but you can do your own work too.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:48 pm

MissMoo: between the fast reply preview/submit and the new topic/post reply buttons there is a line that reads, "Display posts from previous: [window]All posts[/w] by [window]All users[/w] [window]Oldest first[/w] Go"
Hit the little down arrow by "All users" and you can filter by poster.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:51 pm

Player\Bandwagoned .............. Mariyta Ibaesha Scope1 Soupfly Scope2 Kilroytown
Aimee .................................... no no no no yes yes
ROland
Andycyca .......... opposed no [1] no no no yes
Battle Mage ........................... no yes yes no yes no[2]
SuperMarioSunshine
Faeren no [3] no no no no yes
Aegor
Carrotcake
FaerieLord yes, no, no no no FOSed
xyzzy
Stranger
farside22 no[4] no no no no no
Flameaxe .............................. yes [5] no no no no no
Fritzler
Flyingfoxbat
Max
Holy
ibaesha
IH
JDodge
ABR
Jex
KaleiÐoscøpe
Kinetic
Mariyta
MissMoo
Blight
Sikario
soupfly
mole
Tarhalindur
tautology
the silent speaker
LML
theopor_COD
YagamiLight

1. Roland lurked hideously. Andy,when he showed up, was very agreeable to anyone who wanted someone to die.
2. BM was on the Kilroywagon very briefly, in the earlyish stages, but he stepped off in favor of Kinetic and never looked back. He made an interesting pickup on JDodge and Yagami earlier, but seems not to have followed up on it. Late in the day he named Mariyta, Kinetic and Andycyca his personal conspiracy theory. His first mention of JDodge was in asserting he was part of "an evilscumpair" with IH. No evidence given; I suspect this was because of the early Mariyta bandwagoning. Conclusion: Battle Mage and Mariyta are not both (allied) scum.
3. Sunshine expressed perplexity at the Mariyta bandwagon, at that point down to 5 from its high of 7. By his next post, three more bandwagons had blown by.
4. xyzzy lurked clean through the beginning of the game. Neither he nor TheStranger has posted the least bit of content. Yet both had the stones to bitch about lack of content from others.
5. This came immediately after, "I see bandwagons... don't know why though." And he was
talking
about the Mariyta wagon, which was the only game in town at the time! Only other content of significance was noting the bandwagon shift to Scope.

Will continue in this vein tomorrow an God so will. Yawning now. Also I think I'm overlooking some bandwagons of consequence but I'm running out of scroll room anyway so all such will be in a second table.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:06 pm

Yagami, the list of names is an incomplete table which needs reformatting anyway.

Farside, of the people in the second wave of the Mariyta bandwagon (a group that probably includes scum), he had the least content to assess him with, and the fact that he was bandwagoning with no reason given was scummy in itself.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:00 pm

Still here, will finish my table soon (ie before the sun goes nova).
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:49 pm

checking
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:45 pm

This game will take a sudden ginormous investment of time to catch up on. Now is not that time; I hope soon will be.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:51 pm

I dislike the tautwagon. Andycyca is probably scum, or possibly Dark Ermac. Could be both, but I don't trust my gut enough to let it tag two people as bothscum yet.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Andy: in part, but I also found you somewhat suspicious way back when (I think it was day one or early two, but these month-long nights break my rhythm up something horrid). And a couple of the other bandwagoners I think I think are slightly less likely to be scum, which ups the odds on the rest of you.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:08 am

Huh. That's very interesting, Kinetic. What I find most interesting about it is that MOS was very much a follower of Ibaesha way way back on day 1 (he died on night 2). His entry onto the (IMO scum-riddled) Mariyta bandwagon looks like it was partly in reaction to moves made against Ibaesha. Funnily enough, it was MOS who first charged that Taut was scum for lurking with seeming intention. So I very much buy a connection between Ibby and MOS.

The morning newspapers with alignments of Ibby, IH, FaerieLord, and MafiaSSK will be intersting reading, I think. I could very easily see two outright scum in that group.

I think Mariyta, taut, and now Kinetic are probably all nonscum (at least at the start).

I am sure I remember that someone claimed ownership of FYE. Who was it?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (isolation #25) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:10 pm

I think that claiming stores is unlikely to harm; the Courier-Journal is of course a totally unreliable source, but that cuts two ways -- we nedn't lynch someone just because they claimed for example FYE, so getting a store claim "so as to lynch the townies who own those stores" would seem to be the sort of lan that auto-backfires. That said, I think it's unlikely to gain anything significant, and have no grave objections to lynching soupfly, if necessary to have a lynch, over his presentation of the Courier-Journal as a source of information with a presumption of
validity
merely on the grounds that it hasn't already been proven false.

But there's an idea I've been turning over in my head for a while now: what do you all think of the possibility of a
claim, to ultimately facilitate sexy time? It is hardly imaginable that a claim of genders would break the game one way or the other, and it would enable townies to pick the person of suitable gender they find towniest to have their babiez and ideally increase the town-scum ratio by one.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:15 am

vote: soupfly
solely because I am unfond of the tautwagon.
This could also help mafia though as then they would also know the genders of players and be able to make their moves to procreate as well...but of course there is no procreating without alcohol if I remember correctly.

Also question is it the gender of the "ghost" we are possessed by that determines our gender or the gender of the actual player?
I will have to check, but I distinctly recall learning that it is the gender of the ghost. I may have asked the mod. (Also I may have been hallucinating.) Anyway, scum can ask each other if they want sexy time and have no profit from involving the town.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (isolation #27) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:42 pm

vote: soupfly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”