Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #893 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:11 am

Post by vollkan »

Hello everyone. I shall be posting this as I read through and will organise it by page.

So, with no further ado...the first 10 pages.

Page 1

Lots of random food hurling.

Page 2

More randomness. SL FoSes Skitzer (strange, since he quoted Jordan) for wasting food. Blight casts peanut cookie at Jordan, thinking it could be dangerous due to allergy. Skruffs asks why SL claimed his number of foodstuffs.

Page 3

Aimee points out the FoS strangeness. Skruffs makes a hypocritical attack about liquids being most dangerous after he had hurled tomato soup - turns out this was fake though. Skitzer wants to test the power of his M&Ms.

Page 4

Tar wants to start scumhunting rather than throwing food randomly. Aside from that, mostly just random food throwing. Tar starts unofficial vote count

Page 5

Jordan supports Tar's VC - as well as BM and NIghtfall. Gorrad votes BM for advocating a wagon on Gorrad - strange Gorrad would take it so seriously (and make such a big OMGUS). Jordan and PEG vote waar for being useless. BM calls Gorrad for OMGUS. VitR votes Gorrad for the OMGUS. Lowell concurs. Skitzer votes both BM and Gorrad saying that he thinks one is the scum, but doesn't want to potentially waste a throw - he doesn't actually say anything about their respective positions in the argument. BM FoSes him for this.

Page 6

Blight votes Jordan for random wagoning. Jordan argues that since it was a small item, it is a reasonable random vote equivalent. Blight argues that the unknown danger of the food makes a wagon of three items of food dangerous. Jordan votes Blight for over-reaction. Tar makes an ultimatum against food throwing since it seems that damage will not be healed overnight (the wound from stringy cheese will last for all eternity :roll:) Yamahako responds by flinging peas. DGB points out that people do heal by the next day. JDodge promises a soda bottle to the head for the next thrower. foolinc also opposes throwing. SL makes a weird math post saying 100% is half of the damage - I don't get how. Blight affirms vote for Jordan. the silent speaker (suitably named) pops up and says he hasn't posted because he doesn't want to waste his food.

Page 7

Tar votes Yamahako for being overly casual about throwing food to show suspicions. VitR points out that 100 is the lynching threshold - votes Blight. BM votes Tar for being defensive because the food was fake and he didn't look - I don't see how this is scummy. Yama thinks Tar is controlling and then spatterguns his peas. BM thinks Tar got caught with his pants down (which probably suits PEG just fine given the page 2 discussion about Tar's ass tempting PEG - *obligatory joke about team asshat*) JDodge comes out with the big guns and 7Ups Yama. Gorrad gets disturbed by the wagoning on Yama. PEG notes that Yama is scummy, so why not wagon. Erg0 notes inconsistency of gorrad opposing fooding but now supporting the test fires. Gorrad explains that his only problem is with mindless wagoning - I think this is pretty silly. I mean, the amount of food thrown is the same no matter who it goes to. Proving the wagon never reaches a point of danger, a "lynch" is unlikely unless someone decided to use a powerful food item (in which case we learn something).

Page 8

Gorrad again says he doesn't like wagons - I again wonder why. BM HoSes Blight and JDodge for opportunism because Yama was throwing fake food - What's the opportunity that they are being opportunistic upon? Skitzer votes yama for the pea barrage. Yama thinks it is interesting that he is copping flak for having thrown only one item without explanation, but that JDodge is getting off easy. Erg0 then attacks the bulk of the rest of Yama's post, rightly stressing that the food levels are variable between players. Jordan furthers this, and I agree. Jordan votes Yama. BM is "astounded" by the fact people suspect yama. Sir T enters, and Sir T votes Lowell, BM, Yama and Skitzer - reasonably in regards to BM, Yama and Skitzer; Lowell hasn't really pinged me so far. His lack of explanation is odd, but I won't judge it as scummy just yet. More reading is needed for that.

Page 9

Skruffs goes to the trouble of pointing out that the scum could hammer him by bombardnig him - ignoring the glaringly obvious fact that D1 quick-hammering is hardly particularly productive for scum. BM insists on explanation from Tar. Yama supports BM. Gorrad and foolinc do likewise. Yama, strangely, throws 10 peas at ST to test him, stressing that the peas will do nothing.

Page 10

BM prunes ST. Nightfall urges Yama to be more careful, since someone might have a pea allergy. Gorrad bananas ST for the votes.

~~~~~~~~~
Pages 11-20 coming soon.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #897 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:53 pm

Post by vollkan »

Alright. 11-20.

Page 11

Discussion about whether we should discuss food not fitting our roles, suggested by Nightfall. I don't see how it can be discussed in any meaningful way that doesn't give away information. Jordan suggests that Sir T is scum acting like an obvious jester and votes him. BM says Sir T is "certainly not town" (odd in itself) but also suggests we ignore him. Jordan picks this up. BM attempts to backpedal by saying he meant "ignore his voting patterns, and comments"...which basically equates to ignoring him.

Page 12

BM wonders why Jordan has not voted Sir T if he thinks he is not a jester and suggests this is scumbuddy behaviour - reaching methinks. Jordan also says Sir T is either jester or scum. Thus far, my own read is reaction-seeking from Sir T - call this a wifom if you please. Skruffs thinks Sir T might be jester but is "most likely" scum, as well as suggesting that Sir T and BM are scumbuddies.

Page 13

Playswithsqu doesn't like the false dichotomy on Sir T. He doesn't like JDodge for JDdodge (rightly) suggesting we don't waste food. BM asks for skruff's views on Sir T. Sir T asks for BM's alignment.

Page 14

BM equates this to quoting a role PM. Sir T suspects BM since BM has an alignment and Sir T does not. Jordan again thinks Sir T is unlikely to be jester and is therefore scum - false dichotomy. Skruffs thinks Sir T seems pro-town, odd since on page 12 he though Sir T was "most likely" scum.

Page 15

BM FoSes skruffs for inconsistent and poorly explained play. BM says similarly in regards to flaming. Also insinuates about skruffs wondering about whether there are NKs. Also suggests that skruffs requesting analysis from BM in order to justify BM's threatened pie throwing is overly-defensive. Most of BM's attacks on skruffs seem fairly mediocre to me. BM says he is going to pursue those with strange behaviour and doesn't mind getting a bit dirty for doing so. Skruffs says he doesn't believe he ever assumed Sir T was scum - though, on page 12 he did say he thought it most likely.

Page 16

Not much interesting. ABR plays to form.

Page 17

Amusing hypocrisy from BM, brought out courtesy of some cleverness from JD. ABR's reasoning that SL backing up JD is proof of scumbuddiness is weak.

Page 18

ABR backpedals a bit. Aimee rightly points this out and votes. Jordan votes JDdodge for the ABR-hypocrisy-drawing stuff. I read it as more reaction-seeking from JDodge than serious.

Page 19

Weirdness from skitzer about Yama being ano with 100 peas as implausible.

Page 20

Gorrad hits himself with a gummy bear. Thinks Aimee (me) is pro-town. BM thinks his logic has been relatively good by his standards....no comment.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #899 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:14 am

Post by vollkan »

Skruffs wrote: Re: page 12: could you quote the post where I thought sir t was 'most likely' scum? I have a suspicion that you are taking that of context; my feelings on sir t is that he is much more likely to be scum than jester, and my line of questioning at that time was about why bm would say 'yes he's a jester (or scum) and in either case should be ignored'.

He later on insinuated that several people were sir t'a scum buddies, but never once pushed any line of questioning on sir t himself. And after he got called out on that, he's been attacking me ever since.
I completely misread post 299:
This bit here -
skruffs wrote:
Summarized:
Sir T IS most likely scum, and unhelpful. However, he might be a JESTER, so we don't want to LYNCH him. That would suck!! Let's just ignore him, heh heh.
I was skimming because it was a long post, so I saw "Summarised" and "sir T is most likely scum". Had I not been lazy and read just the next sentence, it would have been obvious to me that you were mimicking BM.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #904 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by vollkan »

flameaxe wrote: I'm assuming (from prior play with Vollkan) that he will go through the thread much like he is, and opinions on people come at the end.
Correct.

It's impossible for me to go through and analyse things without a proper picture. I prefer to post sort of "rough notes" with some interjection of opinion and then to go into proper analysis.

My next ten pages will be coming soon.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #932 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:12 pm

Post by vollkan »

Now we have 21-30:

Page 21

Skruffs is rather melodramatic in his post on BM and he makes a yucky appeal to emotion by talking about how
he
is not not going to stoop to BM's level and how BM is trying to turn people against him. Also, his stuff about BM lying about being German seems a little contrived. I mean, the incontinent thing obviously relates to the prunes, so BM thinks prunes are German. As for the pies and pasties, I don't have a clue how he rationalised this as German, but it seems a bit like reaching to use this as an attack on BM's honesty.

Page 22

I don't get Gorrad's chicken sandwiching of BM. He bases it on the fact that the BBN did nothing - when it should be obvious that whatever it does might occur at night. Moreover, he says the cream pie stunt was stupid...but never explains why BM seems scummy. And BM then throws Sauerkraut, explaining the German thing (if not a tad conveniently). Tar again pops up to asks questions and make no actual comment. Skruffs seems a little fatalistic about BM conspiring to bring him down. I do not like Gorrad's attack on BM for lying about the cream pie; he seems to think that lying to generate reactions is inherently scummy (something I disagree with). Skruffs than bombards BM, easily outdoing Gorrad in scumminess.

Page 23

And BM responds in kind...And then flame responds by attacking skruffs with food (What about BM??) Jordan does the same thing. Look, I get that skruffs started it, but I don't see why BM should get impunity for it; I'd be giving them both equal serves. And PEG joines in also...I actually agree with Gorrad gummy bearing BM, if only because I don't like BM any more than I like Skruffs.

Page 24

BM claims librarian - I don't think this excuses his behaviour. Reaction-seeking is reaction-seeking but engaging in a "scumminess pissing match" is just stupid. BM makes an interesting point, though, about skruffs insinuating that adult may equate to scum, when he apparently claimed dinner lady. Gorrad's effort to raise doubts on BM's claim because "I fail to see why the librarian would be in the lunchroom at all!" is contrived. I really dislike Gorrad continuing to doubt the alignment of adults.

Page 25

Erg0 makes a good observation that it has been misrepresentation to say that skruffs doubted his own alignment. And Tar goes berserk at BM. Whilst BM's play has been "interesting", I find this rather ridiculous (particularly when Tar backs it up with speculation about librarians being anti-noise).

Page 26

BM says he has caught a scumbag beyond reasonable doubt. I assume he means skruffs (it's the only person it could mean) but his confidence is bizarre. As is skitzer throwing food at BM AND skruffs "for contributions sake" - horribly scummy; it's a blatant effort to just appear to be sitting with the majority.

Page 27

I don't understand why people are worrying about there not being enough food. The graph is showing about 50% with much more than 100 dmg having been done. In fact, I dislike Yama's attack with the coffee for this very reason - he makes no explanation other than showing his ability to hurt (and waste coffee :evil:) Erg0's coke is a bit better, because he refers to him having previous suspicion *mental note to see whether Yama had a history of suspicion*

Page 28

The debate between BM and skruffs gets ridiculously off-track here, with them debating who has been more helpful (all either has really done is attack the other). Hooray for JDodge telling them to shut up.

Page 29

BM makes an extensive post on skruffs. Most of his points are reasonable, though his tone makes them seem so much more decisive than they really are (but I've come to expect that from BM).

Page 30

ckillor rolefishes. BM's attacks on skruffs over the cauldron are contrived - I'm surprised Jordan agrees.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1019 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:58 am

Post by vollkan »

Okay, 31-41. To bring me up to speed.

Page 31

Another mysterious post by Tar where he refers to something but doesn't reveal much - strange, but definitely not scummy. Gorrad prods to find out what. That said, Gorrad makes a good point about "adults = scum" effectively breaking the game. Strange post by Gorrad - he "trusts" Tar, but finds his reluctance to cooperate scummy; kind of inconsistent. BM notices this and FoSes Gorrad, justifiably imo. Gorrad only "REALLY" wants to know Tar's food because it threatens himself, though "it's up to you to claim or not, but if your claiming gives us more insight, I don't know why you wouldn't" - probing for information again.

Page 32

Turns out to be a peanut allergy, which makes his actions seem more sensible.

Page 33

Tar claims vig-cop with an innocent on BM - WHY THE ***!? Gorrad
thanks
Tar for the information :shock: I don't like this at all. More argument between BM and skruffs.

Page 34

More from skruffs/BM. It just seems like ridiculous banter now - who can be more contrary to the other.

Page 35

Skruffs seems adamant that BM is lying over the BBs. BM rebuts skruff's first point by calling it craplogic, doesn't explain how. And he flatly contradicts skruffs on the BBs - this is interesting. Skruffs' response to BM is pretty inadequate, attacking BM for acting scummy. The contradiction over BBs seems a fairly decisive strike against skruffs. I'll wait to see what happens before passing judgment though.

Page 36

Nothing really, other than some PR flouting and my first posts

Page 37

Fonz thinks skruffs wagon is ludicrous and suggests going after ckillor, the rolefisher - he never mentions the BB situation, which I thought seemed incredibly important. *gasp* I actually kinda agree with BM in 909 - Why is nobody at least making massive discussion over the BB situation?!? Yama makes an interesting, and surprisingly good suggestion, in that BM has to suggest a candidate who is not skruffs.

Page 38

Fonz "strongly suggests" BM drops the skruffs thing over the BBs - Could somebody PLEASE explain to me how it is that we have two players who have clearly contradicted each other on game mechanics and yet it doesn't seem to be an issue? I would have thought this to be a 50-50 shot, since one of them HAS to be lying. My sole concern is that BM might be lying and just contradicting skruffs for the sake of getting him lynched...but I doubt even BM would go that far (I think). Fonz, a
question,
- why do you say cauldron = SK, expulsion = scum group? Gorrad thinks BM is lying, noting that BM had a win condition as evidence for this.

Page 39

Tar says he wants Fonz or Gorrad to swing. Fonz then makes a crap attack on Tar criticising him for witholding information. Tar retaliates by rebutting and launching an Alpha strike. Fonz then criticises Tar, basically suggesting he full-claim, but not reveal mason buddies. Fonz claims SK cop with innocent on Skruffs. And ABR counters in a bizarre manner

Page 40

This declines into either Fonz or ABR.

Page 41

And that's it up to now.

Okay, my thoughts are as follows:-
I think a lot more attention needs to be payed to the BM/skruffs BBN thing. If there is something I am missing which explains why this is not an enormous issue, please englighten me. Fonz has claimed that skruffs is not a SK, but that doesn't rule out mafia.

I am inclined to believe Tar and, therefore, to believe BM. My fear is that BM is just doing anything he can to get skruffs lynched, but I doubt even he would do that.

As for ABR v Fonz. ABR's claim with the lactose intolerance issue seems very odd indeed. And, as Skruffs has noted, Fonz was consistently defending skruffs. At this stage, I am very much suspecting that ABR is our scum.

So yeah, for now, my food is heading in ABR's direction.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1045 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by vollkan »

BM wrote: There's an absolutely perfect example of this, but unfortunately the game is ongoing, and i cant reference it. However lots of people here have half-decent meta's of ABR, and should be able to tell you the exact same thing as me. I'm currently 99% sure of ABR's innocence. I'm even more confident of that, than of Skruffs being scum!
My meta-knowledge of ABR is about a quarter-decent, but I do know his tendency for crazy behaviour as town.

If ABR is being typical pro-town ABR here, then that says nothing about Fonz, other than that ABR is going to be pursuing him doggedly
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1091 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by vollkan »

Nightfall wrote: vollkan > I am loving your posts, but one minor detail I cought I think you claimed that TAR claimed cop/vig which isn't true.
Thanks for pointing that out. A typo on my part. He claimed "mason-cop".

I'm currently trying to form my views a little more clearly.

I don't like the fact that skruffs and BM have different mechanics for the BBNs. But, I see the sense in the view that they are probably both two pro-town arguing. ABR is scummy, but he is being consistent with ABR, which makes me wonder whether he really should be the lynchee today.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1158 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by vollkan »

Hmm. A bit of reading for me to catch up on.
Lowell wrote: hurl plate of spaghetti and meatballs at Fonz
toss 4 fistfulls of chopped onions at Fonz. Gross, onions!

Fonz is saying the right things of late, but I still believe that either he or ABR is scum, and that it's not ABR.
This post is horrendous and prompted me to do a bit of a reread of Lowell to find out
why
he suspects Fonz so much.

These were my findings:
Lowell wrote: As much as I was convinced skruffs and BM were both innocent, I'm convinced one of Fonz or ABR is not.

Right now I'm leaning towards Fonz being scum. As much as I may believe the "ABR is crazy" argument, I'm not seeing why he'd fake-counterclaim out of nowhere. I'm holding my food until I hear more, I guess, but unless somthing changes I'll be hurling it at Fonz before the end of the day.
Notice: This begins from the premise that "one of ABR and Fonz is scum". He then rules out ABR and concludes it is Fonz. I don't see why that premise should be considered legitimate.
Lowell wrote: Also, I'm still not thrilled at the way fonz just assumed we have two scumgroups. Nothing about this game so far has led me to believe that is the case.
You're reaching.

And that's it in terms of explanation as to why he thinks we should lynch the claimed SK-cop of Fonz.

Ram 2 slices of pizza up Lowell's nostrils
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1174 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by vollkan »

!!Alpha-strike time!!

Slap Lowell in the face with a slice of pizza
Poke out Lowell's eyeballs with a chocolate bar
[/b]
And...*drumroll*
Drown Lowell in a vanilla milkshake of doom
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1175 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by vollkan »

Oh crud...I messed up the tags.

!!Alpha-strike time!!

Slap Lowell in the face with a slice of pizza
Poke out Lowell's eyeballs with a chocolate bar

And...*drumroll*
Drown Lowell in a vanilla milkshake of doom
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1224 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by vollkan »

Tar wrote: Finally, it's time to drop the last big piece of information I have. I believe that there is some connection between role and position on the Food Count. Please note that all three of the Gossiping Masons are placed consecutively on the Food Count (this, by the way, is why the Erg0 and Nightfall kills necessarily outed Korlash - Occam's Razor dictated that Korlash was the third mason), then note that the three PR'ed players are placed consecutively at the end of the food chart and that both of our group-specific cops came up in the triad of players before my masonry.
I just looked up DGB's posts in isolation from everything else. It looks like the order remained consistent right up until the most recent food-count. Moreover, this is not the order in which the players are listed on page one. That may imply that the food-count order was composed in a certain way (ie. by role).
BM wrote:
actually the order had been changed since the beginning of the day. Not sure why though, as it hadnt been changed atall until then...

BM
This is untrue. The order has been consistent. If there is an irregularity, as you seem to be saying (unless I misunderstand you) could you point out the post?

I'm going to look back over ckillor to see if I have any major issues with his lynch, otherwise it seems like a good idea.
Mneme wrote: I'll note that Skruffs and Battle Mage appear next to one another in the player list. If they're both GFs, this is not a coincidence -- but I could also see Skruffs being scum and BM not (or neither being scum, but let's not go crazy here).
And could it not just as well mean that they are both pro-town?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1226 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by vollkan »

ckillor wrote: wait one second. how would me being next to lowell make me scum? putting all the scum next to each other would be extremely stupid and i doubt the mod would do that.
So would be putting the masons together and the mod did that...
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1235 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:04 pm

Post by vollkan »

Battle Mage wrote:
vollkan wrote:
BM wrote:
actually the order had been changed since the beginning of the day. Not sure why though, as it hadnt been changed atall until then...

BM
This is untrue. The order has been consistent. If there is an irregularity, as you seem to be saying (unless I misunderstand you) could you point out the post?
I suggest you read through the Mods posts in isolation. Only the last 2 counts have a different order.

BM
That's what I was saying...The order has been consistent (apart from the last 2).
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1238 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:47 pm

Post by vollkan »

Battle Mage wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
vollkan wrote:
BM wrote:

BM
I suggest you read through the Mods posts in isolation. Only the last 2 counts have a different order.

BM
That's what I was saying...The order has been consistent (apart from the last 2).
which is what i said in the first place... :P
:? Okay then. Let's just agree to agree.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1254 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by vollkan »

PBPA of ckillor

6: Randomly throws a baby carrot at SL
11: nothing
39: Asks whether 100 = death and if our lunchboxes get refilled.
80: Throws his salmon sandwich at Erg0
240: Says the post restrictions are obvious and agrees with skruffs that it looks like more players are yet to arrive. Also says a quote by ST is scummy. And that's it, after a delay of 160 posts.
298: Asks a question about jesters
305: Thinks his last item will do damage, and wants to reread Sir T. Worth noting that he still hasn't contributed ANYTHING.
377: Says the graphs have not changed much, that there is probably not a jester, that people are getting worked up over a pie and wonders if our boxes carry over. Again - nothing.
382: Asks a question about jesters
490: Speculation on allergies
564: Non-serious remarks about a song. Also notes that skruffs is over 50%. Throws a carrot at the silent speaker for having used a large item without explanation (ironic, given ckillor has yet to say anything useful)
638: Thinks BM is scummier than skruffs, but also thinks they could both be town
698: Thinks both BM and skruffs are pro-town, but tosses 3 carrots at skruffs. Then he throws a fake pineapple at yama - asking for why he suggested skitzer over BM.
728: Thinks vegetarian is plausible, but hurls carrots at skitzer since he doesn't think it would be a loss anyway.
785: Comments about another game
859: Thinks the debate is pretty silly
861: Thinks Gorrad is a bit scummy with rolefishing.
917: Admits he was "rolefisher-y" but puts it to him "thinking out loud" - is this a defence?
1068: Asks for clarification of meaning of "firing"
1225: Wonders about graph speculation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If he isn't scum, this guy is totally useless. The only actual instance of even slight apparent scumhunting is his pointing out of rolefishing - which of course requires no analysis or anything. I agree with mneme, this guy is a blatant active lurker.
mneme wrote: I thought ckillor's useless, lurking scumminess was pretty obvious. Quite simply, he's never done anything interesting. That he's also in a good position to test the player-order theory is a nice bonus.
Kyu-eff-tee

Throw pizza slice at ckillor
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1261 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by vollkan »

ckillor wrote: if you were to do a meta of me in other games you would see that for the most part i hang back and observe. it's just my playing style. and yes. if people vote me or throw food at me, im definently going to respond and do what i can to not get lynched. i'm not extremely helpful but i do what i can.

if claiming would help, i will
A claim would be good.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1282 (isolation #17) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:10 am

Post by vollkan »

Korlash wrote: Yup.. I too get that feeling. Only in more of a "Scum bussing partner" or "Scum putting other scum second on his list" type of feeling. >.> Librarians need to go down...
More krap logik from Korlash

Are you actually suggesting that we lynch the librarian because of your theory about how it
could
be a scum role? :roll:
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1288 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by vollkan »

Skruffs wrote: Can someone point out where fatty mcfartypants got hit by dairy? He claims to have tried to PR a cop, but he said earlier that he needed to be hit by dairy first. And i don't remember anyone hitting him with any dairy, but i haven't checked.
Nightfall in 1177 wrote: *Stuffs the following into a balloon and then hurls it at Lowell*
1 x roast beef sandwich
1 x can of peaches
1 x Pack of gum
1 x protein drink

P.S. Do cheese doodles count as Dairy?
pops a bag of cheese doodles over ABR's head.
Unless some other dairy item got thrown at ABR, then the cheese doodles might be it.

In fact, I just looked up the nutritional information for "Cheese Doodles" and they contain calcium, in contrast to the other snack products from the same company, which suggests that cheese doodles are indeed a dairy product (at least in real life)
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1313 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by vollkan »

Mneme wrote: I don't believe Ckillor's claim, at least, not as town. If any student is scum, I'd expect it to be the class president (as adminiscum, getting teachers fired and students expelled).
I don't believe ckillor did claim class president:
ckillor wrote: ok i am Macy Diplom, the head of the student counsel and model U.N.
I think he means student
council
there. As far as I know, student councils aren't really linked to school admin (at least when I was at school, the student council was practically in permanent conflict with the admin).
The Hermit wrote: Stop the war with food? That sounds like scum agenda to me.
Why?

@ckillor: You still haven't told us who you have targeted and why.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1331 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by vollkan »

Korlash wrote: Is it really necessary we know who he RBed? Other then informing us who did not make the kill last night, it seems useless.
If he is not lying, then his choices should make sense. If he is lying, it strongly suggests he is scum, which strongly suggests the ordering was by role.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1342 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:26 am

Post by vollkan »

Skruffs wrote: Flameaxe's goading is also noteworthy.
As I read through, I struck this and I have no idea what you mean. Could you please clarify?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1359 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by vollkan »

Flameaxe wrote:
Yamahako wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:
Korlash wrote:Yet again you dodge and a personal attack.. man... your fun to poke aren't you?

Slaps Flameaxe in the face with a Fruit Rollup

Now... perhaps you will kindly explain your post 1332 and now your 1349 posts using words, explanations, and perhaps descriptions instead of not doing anythign at all...
Now let me ask you this: Are those food throwings REALLY justified? You are getting pissy because I hurt your wittle feewings? I'm sorry, but grow a pair. I justified what I was saying with a number, and 4 digit number that should be completely obvious, BUT NOOOOOO. Figure it out, it might just be the first step to discovering that brain in your head and how it is used.
Why make personal attacks? What good does it do anyone in the game?
Why does it matter?
@ Korlash - In a normal game of mafia, you wouldn't vote somebody for making personal jabs at you. Well, that's basically all that you are doing now.

Korlash, counter-abuse Flameaxe in whatever way you want, but stop throwing food in your personal issues.
Tar wrote: 1) I am inclined to believe ckillor's claim for now - as far as I can tell, either he's telling the truth or he's made a good fakeclaim. The main factor behind my conclusion is his claimed role name + ability (role name seems to be strongly tied to role function); the flavor he's claiming is somewhat shakier than what I would like (specifically the "end the food war" agenda), but not shaky enough for me to want his lynch today.
A question for Tar and any of the other claimed power roles - Do your PMs refer in any way to the "food war", or anything to do with the actual flavour of the conflict.

To make my meaning clearer - ckillor has claimed that her PM makes explicit reference to her role as being directly linked to the "food war". Are anybody else's PMs similar in this respect?

Let's face it - mafia roleblockers are fairly common. His role is plausible, his character
name
seems genuine (though of course, that may just be DGB preventing this game being broken by massclaims) but his flavour smells rotten.
Tar wrote: 2) Gorgon, by way of contrast, has recently jumped onto my scumdar. Gorgon, like his predecessor pickem, has offered almost no contributions to the game, to the extent that he's seriously under the radar (has he posted ANYTHING since replacing in?). In addition, lynching Gorgon as scum (especially admin scum) would also be a strong indicator that the player list theory is correct - he, like ckillor, is adjacent to Lowell on the player list, and pickem + lowell as scum would account for the fact that the number of players in the game is not divisible by 3.

Big Fat FoS of Doom: Gorgon for being very under the radar and a good test of the player list theory.
If Gorgon comes up scum, we can then be reasonably sure of the list being accurate. This is, therefore, a good idea.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1407 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by vollkan »

Cicero wrote: Now as for Korlash and Flameaxe. Since when do I need to pick sides between people acting like goofs/jerks. Two wrongs don't make a right. For Flameaxe as far as I can tell this fits his meta. He is a self described "asshat". I do not agree with the idea that he is "not usually a troll". In my opinion if he isnt being a troll in a game it's because he hasnt found an opportunity. In early days he sits back and takes notes and asks questions. If you pressure him - at all - he acts like a ude brat who could use a good swift kick. As the game progresses he becomes less trollish and more talkative. Personally, I think that kind of play is... not to my taste shall we say... because it lets flame-scum lurk too long. But him being snide is not in and of itself a scumtell. I went after him for this kind of behavior in a recent game, myself, by the way. In that game though, I had other meta info to go by as well (thanks to our good game wrecking friends at somethingawful.com!).
In all seriousness, the Korlash/Flameaxe "debate" (I really hesitate to use the word in this context) has been completely pointless. Flameaxe's meta is to be useless. I'm sure I have said this somewhere before, if not in this game, but I really dislike the way he plays - the "lurk all game and ride in at the end" (in the case of Flameaxe I use "lurk" in the sense of "post nothing but crap") playstyle is one easily exploited by scum and, thus, should not be permitted.

As for Korlash, I just kind of assume that he pleads insanity by default. He wasn't too difficult to finger as scum in Mini 495, so for now it is just a matter of watching him closely - unfortunately there is not too much to be garnered out of his beat-up with Flameaxe.
Cicero wrote: At this point, Flame and Korlash, this whole thing is getting distracting so it'd rock if we could move it past the stage of table-tennis recrimination.
Cicero is wise and you would do well to heed his words.
Korlash wrote: Also is the Japaneses PR the one that involved dairy? I seem to remember something about that...
:roll: You obviously read a mention of the alleged dairy PR just a few pages back and are now trying to make it seem like you actually have some idea about what is going on. Korlash, I want to be blunt here: Do you actually have any clue about anything which occurred prior to the time of your replacing in?
Yamahako wrote: Throw 100 peas at ABR
Speaking of unhelpful play which should not be permitted....

Right now, however, the biggest problem is the sudden disappearance of ckillor. His claim is insufficient to confirm his as pro-town (RB being a common scum role), but obviously it would be stupid not to hear who he blocked last night. Ckillor telling us this information will allow us to make a decision as to whether or not to proceed with his lynch - thereby either verifying or refuting the list theory. As Tar said, though, Gorgon is also a logical candidate if we choose to test the theory. I think, however, that it would still be preferable to wait for ckillor to explain (though whether ckillor is ever returning is reasonably doubtful)
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1409 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by vollkan »

Korlash, all I accused you of (if you call "asking" an accusation...which is a real stretch) was not reading the thread, which you now seem to have admitted to. I don't think that is necessarily scummy, but you must see that it is rather frustrating to play in the knowledge that, even if you are town, you don't actually have the faintest idea about the background to things.

We can fill in any relevant details for you, but that still means that, at best, you can only play based on
what people tell you
about what happened. Thus, you seem to have no objection to receiving the game filtered through the minds of other players.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1421 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by vollkan »

Gorrad wrote: I don't think they're at war with each other specifically, they just both want to be at the top, so they're both at war with the students. As for Death Note, if both of y'all send me a PM, I'll add y'all as /in. It won't be for a bit though, I've got to mod an open game first and that could be a few months.
I'll definitely PM you as well for a "/in".
skruffs wrote: Maybe ckillor should be prodded? He's active in other games, (i checked)...
He should definitely be prodded. Things are just dead here because people are waiting on him to say who he blocked.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1423 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by vollkan »

Albert wrote: /in, death note is what pulled me to mafiacsum
Let me guess:
Death Note wiki article -> Mafia wiki article -> mafiascum

?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1426 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by vollkan »

Albert wrote: Heh even our join dates are the same.
I'm March 30 and you're April 09. Still, only 10 days apart.
Albert wrote: Wow, our birthdays are 4 days apart too.
I think you've noted this before (in that huge GD discussion we had a while back), but it's still very weird.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1428 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by vollkan »

Albert wrote: Were you that dude that talked about Death note in Stargate-SG1 mafia ?
I don't think so. The Death Note discussion in SG1 occurred before I replaced in (I remember coming across it in my reading)
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1454 (isolation #29) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by vollkan »

Yay, many many thanks hasd.

We've been waiting for quite some time for your predecessor to answer this question, so if you could you answer it we would be very grateful -
Who did you (your predecessor) roleblock last night?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1461 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:43 pm

Post by vollkan »

ckillor wrote: RB'd yama night 1 it appears.
The only time ckillor mentioned yama in a post was:
ckillor wrote: toss a pineapple of suspicion at yamahako
what is your reason for suggesting skitzer instead of BM? did i miss it?
I don't think this suggests anything either way in respect of the claim.

Since we only have 3 days until deadline, it is high time a decision was made. I'm in favour of testing out the list theory. That raises hasd and Gorgon in my sights.

To my knowledge, Gorgon has yet to claim. The most logical course of action in my mind is to have Gorgon claim and then make a decision as to whether or not we follow through with lynching based on the list. If Gorgon is not scum, we know the theory is invalid. If he is scum, we know the theory is valid and we break the game.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1466 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by vollkan »

Thanks Gorgon.

Time to test the theory.

ALPHA-STRIKE TIME!

Throw 2 slices of pizza at Gorgon
Throw 1 chocolate bar at Gorgon
Throw 1 vanilla milkshake at Gorgon
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1470 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by vollkan »

Something important just hit me. We have enough food to make sure this won't be a problem, but it provides one good reason for lynching hasd over Gorgon.

Hasd (ckillor) has claimed RB. Gorgon has claimed vanilla.

The list order was:
Gorgon
*Lowell*
hasd
cicero

My reason for favouring Gorgon was that hasd was a claimed RB. If Gorgon was scum, hasd was scum - no problems. If Gorgon was town, I thought that would confirm the theory bogus (that doesn't confirm hasd as town) but it turns out that, unless I am mistaken, Gorgon being town could still be consistent with the theory if the scumgroup is Lowell, hasd and Cicero. The same goes for a lynch of Cicero. For that reason, hasd is actually the player whose reveal as either scum or town will refute or confirm the theory.

I might be missing something here, but this is a compelling reason to lynch hasd over Gorgon - since the whole point was to test the theory.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1473 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by vollkan »

Cicero wrote: So now if Hasd is scum, Gorg is cleared?
No. I didn't say that at all.

I'll try and dumb it down a bit.

The list:
Gorgon
*Lowell*
hasd
cicero
etc.

If we assume a scumgroup of 3 people (Obviously, it may very well be larger) the following possibilities emerge:
A) Gorgon/Lowell/hasd
B) Lowell/hasd/cicero

Any group larger than these will have hasd as a member anyway.

Given B), however, it is perfectly possible that hasd could be scum and Gorgon could be town. Similarly, A) means that hasd could be scum and cicero could be town. Hasd being scum or town willl confirm nothing about Cicero or Gorgon specifically, but will confirm that at least one of them is very likely scum.

Since hasd is common to both (and all) groups, hasd is the only player who will either entirely confirm or entirely refute the theory. Gorgon or Cicero being scum will be inconclusive.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1481 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by vollkan »

hasd wrote: I'm pretty sure that it's coincedence. And sorry about not posting more, but this game needs much re-reading and is tough to replace into with less than a week before deadline.
WHY OH WHY DID I WASTE MY ALPHA-STRIKE?! :cry:
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1489 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:07 am

Post by vollkan »

Where did Tar lose faith in the theory?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”