Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hey mneme, long time no see.

A few things- I think, regrettably, mod actions suggest sirT/mneme as likely town. I doubt scum would happen to guess that some townies hadn't received win conditions, so DGB's subsequent 'if you haven't received one, you're town' message looks almost like a confirmation that ST was telling the truth.

Secondly, the Skruffs 'wagon' is ludicrous. It seems to initially have sprung up because Skruffs pointed out BM's ridiculous logic regarding the Jester scenario, and been continued because BM is, well, BM, and therefore has gotten into his chracteristic 'that guy is scum' charge, and certain people have, for inexplicable reasons, followed him. Especially, THERE IS NO WAY Skruffs is the SK. 'Cause, like, when I'm SK, I claim the town-sounding role most likely to be in the area where the body is found
all the time.
RLY.

My basic point is this: Why hasn't more stuff been thrown at ckillor? Blatant rolefisher.

Hurl pastrami on rye at ckillor
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

Tar- what is the flavour justification for your investigations? Can you detect any antitown forces, or just a specific scumgroup?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

Battle Mage wrote: @Fonz-your comments regarding the Skruffs wagon and his play are ludicrous. I mean, please get your facts straight for a start. Skruffs claimed Dinnerlady, BEFORE finding out that the Dinnerlady worked in place where people were being killed. Weak defence much?

:shock:
BM
BM, one question, are you really this stupid? IF HE WERE THE FREAKING SK, HE'D KNOW WHAT THE SK'S KILL METHOD LOOKED LIKE, WOULDN'T HE?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:10 am

Post by The Fonz »

Tarhalindur wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Tar- what is the flavour justification for your investigations? Can you detect any antitown forces, or just a specific scumgroup?
Why are you fishing?
Hello? You already claimed. I'm interested in probing the veracity of it, and things like any indication there might be sanity issues, or your ability being limited to a specific scumgroup, and so on- stuff that a town needs to know.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

Well, logically, if one scumgroup is an evil administration that expels people, and the other is a psychopath who chops people up and dumps them in the pot containing the next days' lunch, it would require quite some leap of flavour.

I'm a little confused as to your bizarre 'no other pro-town reason' as I can't think of a pro-scum reason for asking that question. Pro-town claimants should reveal as much info as they possibly can when claiming.

@BM: In theme games, where one or more killing groups have a very distinct flavour, it's very often the case that the NK flavour ties in with the general role flavour- for instance, werewolves eating, vampires sucking dry, psychopaths stabbing, axe maniacs chopping, high-tech aliens vapourising, and so on. If the SK in this game is a psycho who dumps people in a cauldron, it is very likely that the pm hints at a prediliction for that kind of thing. Even if it didn't, do you really think an SK whose theatre of operations is the kitchen would be given dinnerlady as a safeclaim? That's like giving a vampire 'Blood donation clinic employee.'

Also, your 'Skruffs has claimed to have unlimited BB notes' point is simply false. Re-read him. He said he has a limited number per day, which is fewer than eight. He 'threw eight' so people wouldn't know exactly how many he has. I'd strongly suggest you drop this Skruffs thing.

Skruffs
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:25 am

Post by The Fonz »

BM- your suggestions aren't being ignored. We've explained why we think your arguments are bad. If you're THAT convinced Skruffs is scum, take a look for who you think his buddies might be. Because I'm more convinced that he isn't SK than you are that he is antitown.

A set number every day
is not
the same as an unlimited number, in any way, shape or form. I take it from this you are claiming to have begun the game with a set number to use for the entire game?

Also: you aren't 'Confirmed town' in my book. You'd be confirmed town if it became clear that a) Tar is telling the truth, b) he's sane, and c) he has the ability to pick up all antitown groups (which I think is unlikely, actually). You're very likely town.

@Lowell: I'm thinking SK rather than second scumgroup at this point. The kill method seems SK-ish for starters.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:59 am

Post by The Fonz »

Battle Mage wrote:
The Fonz wrote:BM- your suggestions aren't being ignored. We've explained why we think your arguments are bad. If you're THAT convinced Skruffs is scum, take a look for who you think his buddies might be. Because I'm more convinced that he isn't SK than you are that he is antitown.
Why would we JUST be hunting for an SK?
We're not, but the argument was made that Skruffs was an SK candidate, and I felt the need to rebut that. In particular this bit:
Battle Mage wrote: and i suppose whilst the fact that the flavour seems to indicate me slightly more than Skruffs, the fact that Jdodge was killed IN THE KITCHEN, IN A CAULDRON, WHERE SKRUFFS ALLEGEDLY WORKS, AND HAS BEEN SERVED UP TO THE CHILDREN, is completely irrelevant? :o
Which is a masterpiece of fail. Since the cauldron kill seems to me to be the SK kill, whilst expulsions are group scum kill, that's why i've been hammering the 'HE'S CLEARLY NOT A FREAKING SK' angle.

In the substance of the 'Jester' argument, he was entirely right and you entirely wrong. You basically pulled the full craplogic 360 on him- you suggest ST is a jester, Skruffs argues against there being a jester, you then suggest that Sir T is not a jester but Skruffs' buddy. This is BS, since suggesting someone is a jester (like Sir T) is a way of defending them, whilst distancing from their play. Skruffs attacks you for defending sir T and then you suggest HE is defending Sir T, and attack him for it.

You also went after Sir T with an argument which looked like it could be distancing to start with, since everyone apart from the most annoying noobs knows that not giving reasons is not in itself scummy.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:50 am

Post by The Fonz »

In what possible world is it a good idea to test a cop's result by killing the claimed innocent, Gorrad?

catapult two jellybeans at Gorrad
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #950 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

No.

Throw: Blatantly fake food item, hmmm... let's say a Marzipan Model of the Death Star, at Albert B. Rampage
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:44 am

Post by The Fonz »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Fonz, you have no good reason to ask for further information on my role (especially since you clearly aren't reading my claim very closely). Your continued fishing is doing a good job of convincing me that you are scum,=.
Actually, I do. Shove it.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:23 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Tarhalindur wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
Fonz, you have no good reason to ask for further information on my role (especially since you clearly aren't reading my claim very closely). Your continued fishing is doing a good job of convincing me that you are scum,=.
Actually, I do. Shove it.
I will not just "shove it" You are one post away from getting alpha striked. Elaborate or die.

Also note that my comment about reading my claim closely still applies.
I read your bleeping claim. You're a cheerleader. You've got a network of gossipy friends. Blah Blah.

IT IS NOT IN THE INTERESTS OF THE TOWN FOR PRO-TOWN CLAIMANTS TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION. NOW DOES YOUR PM IN ANY WAY INDICATE SANITY, OR AN ABILITY TO DETECT A PARTICULAR KIND OF SCUM? You said DGB will reveal if they are 'scum or not.' How close a paraphrase is that? Because if it actually said 'colluding with the school authorities' or suchlike, that's likely not a full cop role.

I just don't see why you're so reluctant to answer the goddamn question. Your fishing insinuations are so utterly asinine it's untrue. You can't fish an already-claimed role! What you CAN do is demand they actually divulge ANYTHING that might help the town, as any sane pro-towner should. Seriously, am I wrong here? Is there any way in which Tar answering this bloody simple question can possibly hurt the town?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Tarhalindur wrote: It is perfectly possible to fish for information about a revealed role. For example, scum can ask for the cop's reasoning behind his or her night choices (letting them kill the person being investigated and wasting an investigation).
How would asking for why a cop ALREADY INVESTIGATED SOMEONE help them kill future investigatees? Rather, it allows the town to test that claim.

In addition, scum can start asking about sanity and whether a cop hunts for a specific scumgroup (in order to determine how much of a threat that cop is to the scum in question).
Ridiculous craplogic. May I refer

This, of course, is exactly what you are doing, and I am not going to be so foolish as to give in to your demands unless you have a damn good role-based reason why I should reconsider - especially not after seeing scum give the exact same "town should reveal all the information they can" argument in at least two games (Open 27, concerning a breadcrumb, and Mafia 67 concerning my reasoning for night choices) where revealing that information would have been a great help to the scum!
As to your contention that "it is not in the interests of the town for pro-town claimants to withhold information"? BS. First, I suspect that outright stating the information that you are asking for would help the scum more than it would help the town
WRONG. I'm tempted to say liar, but moron is probably more likely.
Genuine cops should have nothing to fear from letting the town know as much about their results as possible.
(especially when it *should* be blatantly obvious from my first claim that I have already answered the questions you are asking, in a fashion - if you can't figure it out by yourself, I'm not going to help you).
If it is somehow obvious, how is it to the town's detriment to come out and say it?
Second, let's take your ridiculous claim that "it is not in the interests of the town for pro-town claimants to withhold information" to its logical conclusion. Are you asking that I claim the identity of my mason partners? After all, that information could help to the town, and you say that I should reveal anything that might help the town. (For that matter, you could also just ask for me to reveal my role name using the exact same reasoning, which would have much the same effect.)
Actually, I see no reason on God's green Earth why you shouldn't fullclaim, now you mention it. Mason buddies is clearly an apples-to-oranges comparison. There is no benefit to the town from a mason buddy claim. You're strawmanning.
Now does everyone see just how ridiculous and scummy The Fonz's logic is? I find it damning enough to be alpha-strike worthy.
No, but it is hugely evident that you have no desire to help the town, regardless of role. You drop incredibly unsubtle role hints, then when you actually make your premature ejaculation of a claim, refuse to disclose important information that could be of use to the town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Kamehameha:

1 x tuna sandwich
1 x grapefruit
3 x chocolate chip cookies

at Fonzie
Counternuke:

propel 1 can of diet coke, and 13 jellybeans at Albert B. Rampage
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Oh, and since I'm probably at death's door due to Tar's complete braindeadness, and Albert's scumminess, I'd better claim.

I am the fat kid. My role name is cafeteria investigator- basically an SK cop. I can choose a player to target at night, and find out whether that player has been cooking with 'non-traditional' ingredients. (There's no indication of sanity, but since i can only catch one specific scum, I doubt it's an issue). Results in guilty/innocent format.

I have an innocent on Skruffs.

Now, THAT is how a pro-town player claims.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #970 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Flameaxe wrote:I believe Fonz over ABR. That is all.
Any particular reason you're not going nuclear on his ass?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Actually, just to make sure Albert gets his clock cleaned:

launch: can of diet
pepsi
at ABR

Just to make sure he doesn't avoid getting hurt because i said coke and not pepsi earlier.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:In fact, I can prove it if someone throws a dairy item at me. I will fart it out and give a PR to anyone I choose tomorrow. No lie.
Just for a little light relief, since this game is REALLY grinding my gears: care to explain how being able to fart out dairy products proves you're an investigative role?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Hardly. My name is Hans Tubberman, and I think the fact that I am in need of a diet is shown by the fact that my lunchbox contains the ungoldy health food that is pastrami on rye, and a DIET drink. Both of which will be proven genuine shortly.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Also: you didn't say 'That's MY flavour.' You said, that's 'MY role, that's what I do.' That sounds like a role, not a flavour counterclaim to me (since it's not like there's a ration of how many fat kids a school can have).
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Because it's a paraphrase of my role, duh. What better way is there to present a guy who's described as having weight issues but 'the fat kid?' Everyone instantly knows the stereotype you mean.

Besides, I still think you're lying scum. Rolename please.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Regardless, I knew you were scum before you claimed.
:roll:

I am now herby officially instigating a 'lynch Albert on sight' meta.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (isolation #21) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Best. Meta. Evah.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

Liar.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

U.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

AS I'm bored, Albert, and going to die tonight anyway (since annoying as he has been, Tar is still more valuable than I) would you mind explaining why exactly you 'knew' i was scum before I claimed?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (isolation #25) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

Do
what
before as partners, Albert? Please demonstrate any similarity between anything I've done here, and anything I did in Ultimatum. Since all I've done since I've been here is

a) attack ckillor for rolefishing
b) defend myself from Tar's bullshit
c) Claim, and then start throwing stuff at you.

Since there WERE no power roles to fish, or things to throw, in Ultimatum, it'd amuse be to see what logically inconsistent piece of drivel you pull outta yo' ass.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (isolation #26) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:09 am

Post by The Fonz »

Right, so you're claiming to be psychic now? ROFL.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (isolation #27) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:25 am

Post by The Fonz »

So's your face.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

Erg0 wrote:Welp, Albert's nothing if not reliable. I'm getting a sense of deja vu here...

ABR's not chasing this hard enough to be genuinely claiming or to be scum. This goes on the "ignore" pile, though his role may be genuine (if not his flavour).

I buy Fonz's claim, and by extension I buy Skruffs as innocent.
Not 'innocent.' 'Not SK.' He may be groupscum, though I haven't seen a good argument for that.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:24 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Lowell wrote:Also, I'm still not thrilled at the way fonz just assumed we have two scumgroups. Nothing about this game so far has led me to believe that is the case.
We have two nightkills. One, my ROLE PM tells me i can detect the people responsible for.

There is, in my view, with almost 100% certainty two scumgroups, one being a mafia (the evil administration) and the other (the canteen-killing one i can detect) likely an SK.

Your actions look a lot to me like scum trying to off a powerrole without sounding too blatant about it.

@ ABR: So if I'd said 'the fat
guy
' would you have counterclaimed?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (isolation #30) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:12 am

Post by The Fonz »

Skruffs wrote:
Fonz - does your role say 'people'? People is plural, person is singular.

Lowell seems to be likely SK in my opinion.

Another question for fonz, esp if he is an sk hunter:
What happens when you target the guilty party?
Can you protect from that player killing?
Do you cure the player?
Well, the question in the format you're asking is basically a request that I quote my role pm. My role states that *thinks v. carefully about the paraphrasing* that I can choose another player, and find out if that player is involved in the cafeteria killings.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

Skruffs wrote:So it is more of a 'cafeteria killings' cop.

Cicero, pay attention. :)

So it could very easily be two scum groups, each with their own cop.

Tarhalindur, can you shed any light on that theory?
Oh, NO! don't FISH! (/bitter sarcasm)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (isolation #32) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:41 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nightfall wrote:Okay,

I am willing to lynch either ABR or the Fonz today. I think lynching one of them would be our best bet. I am thinking that ABR is more scum like of the two.
What with the whole not being a town power role thing? Yeah, he just might be. :twisted:
Mod: In theory, if an insane cop was to die in this game, through whatever means, could you tell us what his/her role name would be stated as upon death?
I can tell you right now what I'll come up as. Hans Tubberman, Cafeteria Investigator. I don't think it makes sense for limited cops to be insane.

Right now I am of the thought that both BM and Skruffs could be town.
But at the same time I have an eerie odd thought that one might be scum (skruff) and one SK (BM)

Way to leave your options open...
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (isolation #33) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

Skruffs wrote:I don't think its fishing to confirm your role, fonzy.
Nor do I... that's my point. *Smacks head against wall*
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (isolation #34) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:06 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nightfall wrote:Fonz - Since I dont think Skruff or BM is todays play, yes I am rather inclined to leave my options a little open on them, but trust me, they will be much more closed come tomorrow.

Wait - I just checked something because of Fonz and it gave me a little thought. Sorry if you guys have been asked before and I missed it but BM and Skruffs, have you two yet claimed your "names"? and if not could you? I am going somewhere with this...
Neither one has claimed at all, nor should they imho. Albert's today's play.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (isolation #35) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:11 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nightfall wrote: P.s. Fonz could you tell me why you dont want we asking questions about BM and Skruffs roles while you feel perfectly fine questioning TAR?

Impending deadline. We need to be killing Rampage, not dicking about asking questions of players we clearly aren't killing today that can wait until tomorrow.

Incidentally, I'd like to ask all those considering throwing stuff at me why the hell they aren't at least giving the scumgroup I can detect the chance to NK me and avoid wasting the kill.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (isolation #36) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:34 am

Post by The Fonz »

cicero wrote:. The night scene plus Fonz's anger and indignance at anyone daring to question Skruffs innocence threw me off at first. Then I remembered...oh yeah... this is fonz. (Side note Fonz, people suspecting Skruffs as the SK is NOT Ludicrous. Skruffs didnt know what the night scene would look like when he claimed and the mod didnt make Skruffs claim on day one. I see your point, but I dont see yelling at people over it as being appropriate in this instance.)
I don't see 'angry and indignant' in my posts. Well, apart from the one to BM. I was trying, by conveying my extreme certainty in this matter, to convey the fact that I had an innocent investigation without having to come out and say as such. Since the arguments against Skruffs boiled down to 1) BM trying to suggest that him having a kitchen role made him likely the kitchen killer [as a side note, I DO still think this is a horrible argument- I see it as bad modding to give a player a safeclaim of a role that allows that kind of argument- safeclaims are supposed to be SAFE] and 2) BM and Skruffs disagreeing on BBN, and there being an 'innocent' on BM. So, we have one really bad argument, and one argument the counterpoint to which is my own investigation.
Also Fonz has, I think, refused to take into account that his own investigations might not be 100% accurate.(apologies if Ive missed that). If we are mentioning Tarhalindur as being possibility inaccurate because of BM we need to reflect on the converse proposition as well. Fonz, have you considered that as a possibility? I'm still puzzling out the bad behavior notes though
No, I haven't, on the grounds that variant sanity in limited cops is almost unheard of. Conversely, given that I knew we DID have at least one limited cop, that made me very sceptical of the possibility of Tar being a full cop. I also couldn't rule out the possibility that he is lying, hence I needed as much info as possible to evaluate his claim.
We know that a kid was killed in the kitchen once. In normal mafia the kid would always be killed like that. In normal mafia, though, there isnt much scenery to work with. In this foodfight mafia it could end up being like a game of Clue. I'd rather see whether someone dies in the library tonight or something given that Skruffs has a cop innocent. I also think Fonzie should live and should maybe consider investigating Skruffs again.
Several problems with that.

1) It implies an awful lot of cop roles.
2) You're directing the cop.
3) IF that situation is not the case, and i think it's unlikely, then it's a waste of an investigation.

Tarhalindur wrote:Given the situation, I'm going to make the big clarifiying post after all (Fonz's information role claim helps - when I asked Fonz for explanation, I was trying to check for role-based information).
THIS, by any name,
is
rolefishing.
I am, in short, a mason-cop. I will not reveal my name at this time due to that revelation outing at least one of my mason partners (outing my partners *may* be the correct play at some point, but not today). I would like name claims from The Fonz and ABR, however, unless they have a good reason not to share.
I have already both nameclaimed and foodclaimed. Everything in my box has been thrown.
I was given no indication of sanity (given my flavor, I have some doubts about my sanity, but I don't have any evidence to support those doubts), and as far as I know I don't look for a specific scumgroup.
Flavour hints about sanity were exactly the kind of things I had in mind.

If I had been given any indication of sanity or detection capabilities, I would have mentioned them in my original claim ala Mafia 67 (one major reason why I was so annoyed with The Fonz for asking about these specifics, the others being tone and possible fishing).
As would I.
I
would also indicate the lack of them, as per my claim in Mini488.

AS I said, as power role I consider it a duty to inform town as much as possible on issues like this, and of course, since you appeared to be claiming full cop and I knew i was a specific-scumgroup cop, I had reason to doubt your claim. You also neglect to take into account- there's no way for the rest of us to know you hadn't simply forgotten, or not realised at the time you claimed that your investigations were likely to reveal people who were anti-town in a specific manner, assuming them to be the only scumgroup (see my point about 'colluding with the authorities' in the original argument).

Hence i saw your refusal to elaborate as obviously anti-town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (isolation #37) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:35 am

Post by The Fonz »

Mod.
can you fix the [/url] tag in that last post?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (isolation #38) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

Lowell, you are a moron.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

* Unless you're scum.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

cicero wrote:I'm kinda about the Occam razor.
Yet the re3st of your post couldn't be LESS occam's razor if it tried. Trying to use Occam's razor to imply some really weird game mechanic, seriously, is like the opposite of OR.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (isolation #41) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:24 am

Post by The Fonz »

cicero wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
cicero wrote:I'm kinda about the Occam razor.
Yet the re3st of your post couldn't be LESS occam's razor if it tried. Trying to use Occam's razor to imply some really weird game mechanic, seriously, is like the opposite of OR.
You're right... a foodfight game designed by Dripping Goofball. How could that possibly have really weird game mechanics. What was I thinking.
It MIGHT have really weird game mechanics. But speculating that there's some really strange, unusual reason that no-one's thought of that is causing everything is THE PRECISE OPPOSITE OF OCCAM'S RAZOR. That's all I'm saying.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (isolation #42) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

My last two posts have no game implications whatsoever, I'm just mildly annoyed at your misuse of terminology.

The Occam's razor explanation for what you appear to suspect (all involved being townies) would be that BM got a finite number of BBN at the start whilst Skruffs' replenish, and that there is no contradiction at all between my claimed role and Albert's.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (isolation #43) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:43 am

Post by The Fonz »

I can totally see DGB giving different pro-town roles BBN that work in slightly different ways. That makes a lot more sense than EITHER BM OR Skruffs claiming BBN as scum, when a plausible claim could have been made without them, and guessing and getting it wrong outs you as scum.

Tar not being sane is also entirely possible. He hasn't claimed a limit on his investigative power, and mason-cop is overpowered (actually, to be honest, if Tar is telling the truth, I'm really pissed off at him for claiming and outing himself rather than having a buddy claim- and waiting until he had multiple results to do so. I don't see a lot of sense in claiming in the way he did). Alternatively, him being a 'mafia' cop, and me being an SK cop also makes perfect sense.

I just disagree with the logic that a dinnerlady claim makes Skruffs more likely to be an SK. It's completely ass-backwards. In any case, it's irrelevant since I'm telling the truth.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (isolation #44) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

I don't think there's the food, and there's certainly not the time, to kill off anyone but me or ABR.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (isolation #45) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Or Gorrad, who has more food piled up on him than Fonz.
He's not been hit by as much. Apparently, being fat and an aficianado of food fights has given me a higher resistance (though not against NK, sadly).
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (isolation #46) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Skruffs wrote:
AB. Some players have suggested that ABR has fake claimed
cop
just to incriminate Fonz, who he thinks he is guilty, but ABR has not confirmed either of those aspects.
Albert hasn't actually claimed cop. Well, not really. He did say 'That's my role, that's what I do' which to me sounds like role- and not flavour-counterclaiming. But he hasn't actually said he's a cop, or revealed any investigations.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (isolation #47) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

Bah, go town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1929 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

Skruffs wrote:I SAID HE WAS SCUM I SAID HE WAS SCUM I SAID HE WAS SCUM
I did wonder why the hell BM was not lynched when he claimed there was a discrepancy between the way he was told BB notes worked and the way that Skruffs claimed they did, and that this meant Skruffs must be scum- and then backtracked on his claim? Jeez, BM, you really can get away with almost anything.

Man. Three months later, or whatever, and I'm STILL pissed at Tarhalindur.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1934 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:43 am

Post by The Fonz »

Funny thing is, you'd probably have been lynched if not for tar's 'innocent' result.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1937 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:25 am

Post by The Fonz »

You were fairly obviously town, mneme.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1939 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

Your play was pretty good, but it was mostly the SirT 'no win condition' thing.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1946 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Erg0 wrote:Wow, investigated three times in the first two nights and he still won... nice job, BM.
Well, none of those cops could detect him, which made it substantially easier. In fact, I think they helped him- like I said before, without Tar coming out with his innocent on BM, BM gets lynched very early indeed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”