Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Ah, and already the food is being thrown. Such uncivilized behavior does not befit me at this moment. Unless someone decides to be, as we say,
grossier

Give me a little time to catch up,
sil vous plait
. There is much to read and the time, she is short.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:10 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Hâte, Monsieur ckillor! I wish to know whether I can partake of my lunch or whether it must be bounced off your head!
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:35 am

Post by TheHermit »

Stop the war with food? That sounds like scum agenda to me.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:35 am

Post by TheHermit »

ETA: Allors!
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by TheHermit »

I am almost hoping that Gorgon does NOT turn out to be scum. While it would make the rest of the game
très facile
, it seems very boring to win because of a moderator oversight.

That said, I don't have any better ideas on a lynch target (hence all the lurking) and we're running out of time. Quickly, Gorgon, roleclaim before it's too late!

Préparez, visez...
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Before I do any alpha-striking, I should probably reread (as I have very little food). I've fallen a bit behind in this thread and am finding it
très difficile
to keep up.

Just to remind people, the notion of scum being ordered in the votecounts gained steam when the possibility was pointed out and the moderator immediately changed the order. What is the possibility that the mod is making fun of
nous
? If the probability of this is low, then the hypothesis is more likely to be true.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Does anyone else find it a little odd that ckillor claimed RB and yet he turned out to be what I assume is a vanilla townie? Quite
étrange
, is it not? What reason would he have to lie about his role? I'm so confused.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by TheHermit »

I can say, with
grand certitude
, that I am neither admin scum nor soup scum. For this reason I would hesitate to say that any foreigner is or is not scum. If all foreigners were scum, that would make it too easy to find them; if the opposite, you have a confirmed townie problem. Either way, it is likely that there is at least one of use that does not hail from this country. Whatever this country happens to be.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by TheHermit »

I think what
monsieur
Battle Mage means is that cops of varying sanities weakens the power of cops considerably; having a godfather role weakens them even more.

I think I will need to reread; cicero has been very active, so chances are high that he has inadvertantly left clues behind as to the identity of the other admin scum. Also, I don't think there were three nightkills last night... Rather, it seems that somebody hit ghulof (maybe ABR?) with some dairy product, and now he's paid the price. Wasn't there some talk about someone trying to convince the town to hit them with cheese or something?
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Also, Korlash, what possible reason could you have to withhold your investigation results?
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by TheHermit »

I'd like to point out that there were 23 players at the start of the game. Of the 13 players who've been toasted, eleven of them have been town. I'd guess that the soup scum and admin scum have roughly the same numbers and powers. What does this mean? Well...

A) There's probably a soup scum Godfather running around.
B) For a game this size, there's probably 3-4 scum on each scumgroup.
C) There aren't a lot of townies left. D:

I find the "one mason is scum" theory to be very likely, unless they're mod confirmed. Which, given the way they're sniping at each other, is
peu probable
. I'm not sure who I believe more.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1647 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:31 am

Post by TheHermit »

I am Manon St. Honore, an exchange student from France. I have a post restriction, one that should be
évident
if you've been paying attention. I win with the students.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:30 am

Post by TheHermit »

Je fais des excuses,
I am having a bit of trouble keeping up with everything right now.

In my opinion, Yamahako is most likely to be scum. I've been getting a bad feeling from him for quite some time now, and his latest arguments haven't engendered me to his case at all. If you'll give me until this evening I can dig up exactly what's given me such a bad feeling about him. I'll refrain from hurling any food in his direction until I have done this.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1731 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Huh, what? Sorry, give me a minute to catch up. Kinda forgot about this game...
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1732 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by TheHermit »

EBWOP: I mean,
pardon moi
. Grrr, I'm not used to post restrictions...
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1733 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Okay, a role claim.
Facile

I am Manon St. Honore, the French exchange student. All I've got in my lunchbox is a croissant, a tartine au Nutella, and a drink: apricot nectar. I have to speak French at least once in every post. And I'm on the students' side.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1743 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by TheHermit »

I have been very busy lately, and have been unable to do an in-depth reread. Especially because I think I'm coming down with
une maladie

I will analyze when I am feeling better, though this might not be for a day or two.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1765 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:18 am

Post by TheHermit »

Battle Mage wrote:Ok, a few questions for you:

1. Did you start the game with this PR, or did you acquire it later? (you may have to check with the mod, in which case, im happy to wait for you to do so)
I assume I have always had this post restriction.
C'est idiot
to imagine I only
2. What happens if you break your PR?
There is no punishment explained or even hinted at within the role PM itself.
3. do you really have nothing else to say about the game? :o
As I've said, I've been a little busy. If I go into exactly what's been happening you would label it an appeal to emotion, so let's just leave it at that. And yes, I'm still busy. I'm kind of curious why you seem to not want to hear my thoughts on the game a little later....
we dont want an in depth reread. We just want u to answer a couple questions.
Kapish?
This sounds to me like you're trying to dissuade investigation. Either you already think I'm guilty, or you don't want me to look back in the thread and find something incriminating. Since you're not an investigator and have little to no reason to suspect me the first is scummy; the second would be scummy no matter what your claimed role was.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1767 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Should have read, "
C'est idiot
to imagine why it was included in the main part of my role PM if I did not always have it."

And yes, if I told you that in the past two weeks I have lost my job, nearly broken up with my fiance, and discovered I can no longer afford the rent for where I am living and am currently scrambling to find a new apartment before my finances run dry, you would consider it an appeal to emotion. And apparently, wanting a little bit of privacy and not posting details of my personal life online are considered "holding out".

Please, don't set up questions where no matter what I answer you can reply, "That's scummy". It doesn't get us anywhere.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:14 am

Post by TheHermit »

Yamahako's been giving me a bad feeling for the whole game, so I decided to look into him. Here's what I found:

Post 26 is interesting in that Tar is obviously role-playing an anorexic valley girl. Yama says nothing about this despite later claiming pretty much the exact same role.

In Post 118, he loudly advocates support for throwing food at whoever you find suspicious. Ignoring for a moment the questionable wisdom of this advice, he changes his mind without explanation by 365.
Yamahako, waaaaay back in post 203 wrote:EBWADP - scratch that, I just re-read my role name, maybe there is a reason.
Yamahako wrote:I claimed before - but here it is again

I am Karina A. Carpenteria, an anorexic. I am with the students.

My lunchbox contains 100 peas, 2 saltines, and a cup of hot coffe.
What is it about your
name
that makes you think you would be more susceptible to damage than others?

Throughout Day 1, he notes that his peas are useless because they do no damage. The question in MY mind right now is, are they doing no damage because they're weak? Or are they doing no damage because he doesn't actually have peas?

Post 288, he gives friendly advice to BM. He claims that BM is being illogical and confusing, and yet he doesn't find this suspicious in the slightest.

Post 510, he again notices BM acting scummy and lets him off easy. Forgive me for making these observations, but I think if Yamahako is scum there is a very good chance BM is scum as well.

On page 26, there are two "food counts". Yamahako throws a saltine at skitzer between them, and there is NO change in his damage level. To me, this says that Yamahako's food is all fake. He has not thrown a single piece of real food throughout the game. This strongly suggests that his claim is fake as well.

I'll continue my analysis in a bit, but I think it's fair to allow everyone some time to comment on what I have so far.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:20 am

Post by TheHermit »

Continuing where I left off...

Post 663: Okay, so the coffee is real. I would think an anorexic would have water and not coffee with their lunch.

718: BM is acting really scummy.

719: But we should still lynch skitzer. :roll:

854: Of course you can't hurt anyone, most of your food isn't real!

914: Breaks up the fight between Skruffs and BM. This may just be the first pro-town move he's done all game! :D

1223: Puts forth the assertion that Skruffs and BM are members of the same mafia. From where did this accusation originate?

1519: Yamahako gets cleared via Tar's investigation. Considering we do not know the veracity of the investigations, and there could still be another godfather running around this isn't enough to dismiss all suspicion but it IS a blow to the theory.

1546: cicero asks Yamahako some questions, which he answers in 1588. Displays single-minded dedication that ABR (then ghulof) was scum. It should be noted that every single person that Yama has expressed suspicion of has turned out to be town.

1598: Is very certain of ABR's scuminess, but uses his food on Tar instead under the vague "it gives us more information" line that I've seen scum use SO often to lynch townies without giving a good reason. By the by, now that Tar is gone what information have you gotten out of this? I don't want anybody answering this for him.

1660: In contrast to his earlier buddying, Yama seems intent on throwing out BM. Could this be a bus attempt?

1684: Claims that lying about not having an ability is a scum move. I vehemently disagree; outing yourself as a power role guarantees your death in short order. Many time have I seen power roles claiming vanilla in order to keep the scum off them.

Okay.

Now that I've noticed that BM's been confirmed via investigation (I had forgotten that), it's ridiculous to assume they're both scum. Unless our investigator masons have problems, but with a godfather in the mix I find this unlikely. At the same time, there's something about "investigating masons" that makes me think something's up with it; you'd have a confirmed innocents problem otherwise. So consider this hypothesis dead and buried pending new information. However, based on my analysis I am quite convinced that Yamahako is the soup scum godfather.

Are there any mistakes I've made that indicate I shouldn't be alpha-striking him?
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by TheHermit »

mneme wrote:Hmm. Yeah, it's interesting, isn't it.

At least one of Korlash, Yama, and BM are scum if Hermit and I are town (and the similarities between Hermit and I seem greater than the differences). This...is interesting.
Your attempt,
sans succès
, to equate a post restriction with "confirmed townie" is noted.

And I JUST realized that I didn't abide by my post restriction during my analysis. Like I said, I'm not used to these things. -.-
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1803 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:50 am

Post by TheHermit »

Korlash wrote:I siad it would be better not to lynch results atm, however this was before the whole massclaim thing. After that I am more suspicious of you. End of story...
I don't like the sound of this
DU TOUT
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1805 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by TheHermit »

"
du toute
" is how you say "at all"
en francais
. At least, according to Babelfish it is.

Maybe it's just me jumping at shadows, but I don't like how you backtracked on reasoning that exonerates a player as soon as his lynch looks more likely. It just seems... convenient.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1825 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Because it seems scumhunting is over for the day,
j'attaque
!

Throw croissant at Yamahako
Hurl tartine au nutella at Yamahako
Open apricot nectar drink and take a sip before pitching it at Yamahako
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1828 (isolation #25) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:23 am

Post by TheHermit »

Too bad about getting lynched, but hey, no hard feelings, right? Happy Scumday Yamahako!
Félicitations
!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”