Song Contest 137 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:39 am

Post by Formerfish »

I think I submitted something.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by Formerfish »

San Marino- The Audition - It's Gonna Be Hard (When I'm Gone)- i just love this song. I know its a little cheesy, but im ok with it.

Portugal- Jenny Lewis - Red Bull & Hennessy- Somehow misread this as Jerry Lewis, happy with what I got.

Poland- Les Friction - Your World Will Fail- 2nd song by this group someone has recommended to me this week. They love to use the slow build and they are good at it.

Central African Republic- Suede - We Are the Pigs- great sound, i loved this time period for music, and ive never heard these guys before.

United Kingdom- Akira Takemoto - MJ-xx- chill music, would sleep to this.

Ecuador- Brothers of Metal - Yggdrasil- this was pretty awesome, could have been harder. Reminded me what to submit next contest though.

Djibouti- Periphery - Blood Eagle- this was good, decent mix of hard and melodic.

Greenland- Desaparecidos - Man and Wife, The Former (Financial Planning)- this reminded me of something but couldnt put my finger on it. I dug it though.

Costa Rica- Jamiroquai - Just Another Story- love me some funk, and you had me at virtual insanity.

USA- 3776 - January- very interesting, not sure how listenable this is on a regular basis for me though.

Uruguay- Big Thief - Haley- this is ok.

Iceland- Wilderun - Far From Where Dreams Unfurl- ok.

Rojava- Aeternam - Nightfall on Numidia- this was ok, lacked a payoff

Yemen- Hella - Biblical Violence- not my thing

Netherlands- Namco Music Saloon - Word Games for Two- what is this? i thought this was an ad and i was waiting for it to end and it never did.

Japan- あさき (Asaki) - 雫 (Shizuku)- Reminds me of the songs played during an animes outro in a bad way.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 31, Vi wrote:If people want to strategically change how they vote based on this then I kind of feel bad for them.
Is this a thing? I thought the whole point of this was to expose people to music they might not otherwise be exposed to. We all have our own taste in music, so I know that not everyone is going to like the music I put in, but maybe one or two people are exposed to some new stuff theyll enjoy.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Formerfish »

People can be as honest with my submissions as they want. Like I said, different strokes for different folks.

I try not to rag on peoples picks if its not my style, but will rip into genres i know better.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 38, Xtoxm wrote:san marino - bearable (2/5)
Aww.. he likes me...
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:35 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 39, Aurathebirb wrote:Most generic American rock song I've ever heard.
Might I introduce you to Hinder, Theory of a Deadman, Creed or Nickleback? They want to have words.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “General Discussion”