Talk about Community here

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #86 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:47 am

Post by BBmolla »

I don't even know where this show is headed anymore tbh. Like, before it kind of had a general "Oh this character is dealing with this overlaying problem that is covered minorly while episode's plots occur."

Episode 2 was an improvement over 1.

I want more Troy.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #90 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by BBmolla »

D:

I'm still watching it, I just don't know where this season is going.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #99 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:24 am

Post by BBmolla »

The Todd-hate was just dumb. Todd as a character is very similar to Fat Neil, in that he does nothing wrong and gets treated like crap(Except he doesn't get as depressed a easy). It was kind of funny at first(The whole "No offense Todd" thing I mean), but the degree they took it to was nonsensical. Why would this group of characters, who previously played dungeons and dragons with Neil to cheer him up, treat Todd like such shit? I guess if he was a bit more annoying it'd make sense, but in this episode he seemed to be the only sane character, and I feel the ending with him crying did not give the intended feeling.

The DND episode and this last episode totally contradict each other, like, two very different shows.

I agree with Reck's post.

The Chang subplot was garbage.

And I just noticed the similarities between this one and the pen one. Pretty much same plot.

Just my thoughts.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #135 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

EDIT:

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #158 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Quick question, was I the only person who didn't realize Cougartown was a real show?

EDIT: Dat Slip
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #169 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I wish Abed's story was better though. I feel like he'd be a great storyteller, especially after the DND episode.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #199 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Wasn't really a fan of the episode. Wasn't terrible, just wasn't one I'll remember. Troy plot was good, father plot was lame.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #301 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Post by BBmolla »

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #328 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 325, InflatablePie wrote:Just watched the first two episodes, finally.

This is another one of those shows that make me think "why the fuck have I not seen this yet this is amazing".

If you liked the first two episodes, you will absolutely love the amazing episodes(DND, Chaos theory, Chicken fingers)

In post 320, bv310 wrote:My brother's got a theory based on the floral imagery through the whole show. I have a bet of a beer against his idea that
Andre is going to die.

I don't see this happening. It's more likely
someone like Starburns or Leonard, characters who you wouldn't feel so bad if they died.

Also this was an interesting read.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #364 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Shirley being a part of the sabotage of Subway felt a bit out of character to me, even if they fixed it later by having her say "I don't want to be a part of this."

In addition, I felt Annie's outburst about Kim being a dude out of character as well. That made zero sense to me.

Also, Jeff forgetting Kim at the end was a bit silly. Like I get the joke, but I feel like it would have been just as effective if he had actually said "I'm just kidding" because then we'd feel like he actually grew this episode instead of somehow having crazy short term amnesia.

In general I felt like the characters were parodying themselves as opposed to being themselves.

The Troy and Abed plot is alright. I'm just wondering how long they're going to drag this plot out though. Without Troy and Abed doing crazy antics together, the show seems almost... dark.

Eh. Maybe I'm just over reacting.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #367 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:12 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 366, DarthYoshi wrote:
In post 364, BBmolla wrote:

In addition, I felt Annie's outburst about Kim being a dude out of character as well. That made zero sense to me.

I actually thought it made perfect sense--it was blatantly obvious that "Kim" is a proxy for Annie in this plot--when Annie is defending Kim, Annie is really thinking about herself, her lingering feelings for Jeff, and how Jeff moved on from her between S1 and S2. So, when Kim turns out to be a dude, Annie isn't left with that leg to stand on and lashes out.

Entirely unrelated: MOAR VICE DEAN LAYBOURNE PLEEZE.

That makes sense I guess, I just don't even know if the Jeff/Annie thing is still going on. They've been kind have ignoring it, no?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #371 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I liked the episode a lot more the second time around.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #386 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 380, Brandi wrote:I feel like I actually used to care for these characters, and now they've degraded a lot to the point of me even hating some of them sometimes <_<

I agree with this oh so much.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #403 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:31 am

Post by BBmolla »

I liked this episode, but I will agree that the Jeff/Troy thing was a bit out of character for them.

I actually thought Chang/Pierce as best friends was brilliant personally.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #457 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:29 am

Post by BBmolla »

So I found out who dies.

SPOILER ALERT
Not that we're surprised.

I wonder if it's a gimmick though. I could see him faking it.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #484 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by BBmolla »

It fit perfectly to the whole Law and Order thing. Like someone will catch a criminal after a long fight and then suddenly someone will rush in and be like "Your dad had a heart attack. He didn't make it."

*blackout*

PRODUCER
Bob Wolf
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #486 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Post by BBmolla »

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #512 (isolation #17) » Fri May 11, 2012 9:48 am

Post by BBmolla »

I loved the crazy scenes so much.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #532 (isolation #18) » Wed May 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Community Characters Enter Video Game

I really dislike the misusage of "8-bit" in situations like this. 8-bit graphics = 3 colors and a transparency, not "cutesy sprite style." But that's besides the point.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #543 (isolation #19) » Thu May 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by BBmolla »

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #545 (isolation #20) » Thu May 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Post by BBmolla »

^I agree. The only thing it had going for it was the video gameness, which totally could have been done in some other way. It was just absurd and stupid, like some terrible movie you'd watch with your friends just to laugh at. It is like the Kickpuncher of Community episodes.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #564 (isolation #21) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I dislike where this is going.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #617 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:41 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Nothing really fills the gap of Community

:(
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #649 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:30 am

Post by BBmolla »

Umbrage, if you didn't like an episode in Season 1, Season 3 will literally make you cry.

Rewatching the finale, I don't remember having any issues with it at all.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #650 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:48 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 642, Umbrage wrote:10: The Dean. And the dogs. What. What was that? What was the point of that? He has a dog fetish? Is that supposed to be funny? Or is the fact that he hired people to dress as dogs and dance with him supposed to be funny? Was Duncan calling him out on it supposed to be funny? I DON'T KNOW. IT MADE NO FUCKING SENSE. WHY WOULD THEY ADD THAT IN? WHY? WHAT PURPOSE DOES THAT SERVE?

This was hinted at ages before. Don't see why it's suddenly a problem. Thought it seemed very Dean-like, he's always dressing up and is strange so would probably be into that. If you want to really answer the why, it's to complete the joke from episodes past where he was watching a video of some dude in a dalmatian suit and he said to himself "I hope this doesn't awaken anything in me."

Your post tells me you'll enjoy season 2 better than 1.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #654 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Umbrage probably won't appreciate the Beetlejuice thing.

@Poro: Comparitively, it was bad. Chaos Theory was one of the exceptions I can think of.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #658 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Slater/Britta's behavior made no sense no. At this point I think the writers were like "Uh shit, Britta isn't the chick that Jeff is trying to hook up with anymore, we actually have to develop her into a character, wtf we do."
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #734 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Post by BBmolla »

What a disappointment.

I mean I'm rewatching Season 1 right now and going from Season 1 to that...

It's just unbelievable how different they are.

Hunger Deans thing was just dumb in my opinion. The purpose behind it could have been handled in so many other ways.

The Troy/Britta story arc seemed... pointless. "Haha look how funny they are as a couple and fighting and now they're happy again and nothing has changed."

Abed's sitcom thing should have been an intro and only an intro. By making it such a huge part of the episode, it made it unfunny due to them trying to make those scenes unfunny to parody BBT and such.

Just a mess. Hopefully things will get better. The blatant usage of Dan Harmon's previously small inside joke like things was painful.

Maybe I'm over reacting. When I watched it I tried to laugh, I wanted it so bad to be good. I chuckled here and there but now that I'm thinking about it I just feel like it was... empty. I don't know.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #757 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:08 am

Post by BBmolla »

Oh, also there was a point in the episode where I realized that I thought what Abed TV study group was doing was WAY more interesting than the actual study group. I thought that was a bad sign.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #777 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

They really like developing things they've already developed and pretending like they didn't develop it.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #792 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Oh thank god a decent episode.

Troy/Britta together doesn't make sense though. I think it's mostly because they skipped all the buildup to it so now it just feels wierd and unexpected. And they don't seem to mesh very well. I donno.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #819 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by BBmolla »

"I know what you're thinking and the answer is yes, I am the descendant of William Richard Cornwallace the third who gave up the bla bla bla in England."
"Was anyone thinking that?"
"No..."

WHAT THE FUCK

THEY'RE SPELLING OUT THEIR JOKES

STOP

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

EDIT1: OH GOD WORLD WAR TWO JOKES AND JEFF IS BEING A DICK

OH GOD SYSTEM IS DOWN REFERENCE IS THAT EVEN LEGAL, I'm actually okay with this.

Tonight we dine in jesus christ

Edit2:
"This... means..."
"Let me guess... war?"
"Let the lady finish her sentence."

Please. Just stop. It's like I'm watching a youtube series made by a fifteen year old.

Okay this middle part isn't too bad. Cept the Pierce electrocution.

Jeff being out of character k...

Oh god are you freakin kidding me THE DEAN ISNT BLATANTLY RACIST JUST ACCIDENTALLY WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Dear god I cant ecven
God

Dear lord

No
Last edited by BBmolla on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #835 (isolation #32) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Eh.

A-Plot with Jeff was alright. B-Plot with rest sucked ass.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #852 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Woah this episode was actually good

Edit: Oh god damnit fuck the tag.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #854 (isolation #34) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Cool another good one.

Also wondering when Chevy will leave. I hope it's soon after this one so he leaves on a good note.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #871 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:06 am

Post by BBmolla »

UN this is my favorite show ever, you should at least give it a shot.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #916 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

If only the whole season was half as good as that episode.

Edit: The take on Freaky Friday was done so well, it had SO MUCH POTENTIAL TO GO WRONG but it went oh so right.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #931 (isolation #37) » Fri May 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Prequel foreshadowing was well played.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #933 (isolation #38) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I liked the "Was that really Pierce?" cover actually
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #939 (isolation #39) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:00 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 935, DoctorPepper wrote:Also what happened with the coat check girl and Abed???
The actress only filmed 1 episode. So it was just a waste of time.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #964 (isolation #40) » Fri May 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by BBmolla »

If Jim Rash took over dear lord would I want another season
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #975 (isolation #41) » Sat May 11, 2013 9:32 am

Post by BBmolla »

Don't think Chase was the main reason for his departure, but I god oh god wish he'd come back.

Also, after asked which episode Megan wished she could redo, prior to Season 4's premiere.
MeganGanz wrote:This is probably a bad thing to say -- especially when we haven't aired one episode yet -- but I wish I could redo the finale of season 4. I had to write it in a bit of a pinch, during a period of upheaval on the show. I wrote it too long (like... 6 minutes too long) and we had to cut a ton out of it in the edit bay. Part of me fears I was too freaked out to do my best work on it, because I wanted it to be a finale worthy of a show it could never be worthy of. Finales are generally terrible, and I am expecting that people will say this one is trying to hard, because it is. Because I was. God was I ever trying too hard on that one. My hope is that you'll all love the Halloween episode and forgive me for the finale. Maybe you'll like it. I have no way of knowing anymore.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #988 (isolation #42) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:33 am

Post by BBmolla »

^
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1012 (isolation #43) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:12 am

Post by BBmolla »

I'm okay with it. Can't be worse than season 4.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1017 (isolation #44) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:28 am

Post by BBmolla »

I agree, he was best that way.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1027 (isolation #45) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Pretty bold stuff going on.

Troy's character feels super lacking and I'm wondering how he's going to be phased out.

But I like it.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1029 (isolation #46) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I read on the subreddit that apparently Chevy is a huge part of episode 4, so it'll probably all go down there?

Also, glad that Chevy came back to give his character a true exit. Things are really looking up.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1032 (isolation #47) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Post by BBmolla »

He has contractual obligation to never step on Greendale campus cause of a sexual harrassment suit. So I don't think he's actually dead, but effectively, yes.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1036 (isolation #48) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1034, ChannelDelibird wrote:Neither is going to go down as a classic but there were enough laughs while they spent the two episodes setting everything up. I expect it'll pick up from now as there were more than enough signs that the show is back on track creatively. Nice touch with the cameo, too.
Yeah it's the "repilot," so most of it was spent fixing shit/establishing shit. I expect the "classic" episodes to come around episodes 5-9.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1037 (isolation #49) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I do hope it stays more akin to Season 2 than 3. Season 3 itself started to get a bit "cartoony" for my taste.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1038 (isolation #50) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by BBmolla »

That one was okay. I wonder why they totally under utilized the new old dude though.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1040 (isolation #51) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Truth.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1046 (isolation #52) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:39 am

Post by BBmolla »

Well played!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1052 (isolation #53) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Really well done imo. Feel very satisfied. Britta resolving the problem was great.

Spoiler: spoilrer
LeVar Burton as a partner was amazingly genius.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1058 (isolation #54) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by BBmolla »

What

The custodian situation resolution was stupid as fuck, why didn't this happen:

Dean: Take down that board right now! It is in an illegal area!

Hickey: Screw off Dean.

Dean: Fine. Custodians!

*Custodians appear*

Dean: Take down that board.

*Custodians don't move*

Custodian: Sir you're going to have to add that to the work queue before we can get to that.

*Custodians walk off. Dean rolls eyes and walks off.*

It's not foolproof, but the fuck what, how did they think that was a good resolution to that story arc.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1060 (isolation #55) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I get that the point was to have Annie save him but it came off really stupid.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1061 (isolation #56) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

"Oh fuck guys, a girl jumped on his back, better just let this dude break the school rules."
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1065 (isolation #57) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Spoiler: Yes
Season 4
Season 5
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1067 (isolation #58) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I stole it from reddit so I can't take credit
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1073 (isolation #59) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Post by BBmolla »

This was a solid episode.

Chang plotline was super pointless though.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1075 (isolation #60) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:06 am

Post by BBmolla »

Probably. Or they plan to do more with it in the next few episodes (please no)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1107 (isolation #61) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:59 am

Post by BBmolla »

I wonder how Jeff's class is going
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1129 (isolation #62) » Fri May 09, 2014 11:02 am

Post by BBmolla »

I can't believe that's the end. Huh.

You know, I'd be okay with this if every new show I watched wasn't fucking terrible.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1146 (isolation #63) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1143, Mastermind of Sin wrote:On behalf of my fellow Yahoo employees and I, who had a long email thread asking our execs to make this happen:

YOU'RE WELCOME <3
I love you
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1151 (isolation #64) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I read somewhere that Chevy said he'd make some appearances. I think the whole battle has blown over and he's okay now.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1156 (isolation #65) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Yvette's character ran its course. It didn't really have anywhere to go.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1160 (isolation #66) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:33 am

Post by BBmolla »

My problem wasn't how much they used Abed, it's how much they used him incorrectly.

And it's a given that Chevy's character turned into "Fuck Chevy, let's make his character a dick that bad shit happens to."
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1161 (isolation #67) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:38 am

Post by BBmolla »

I mean I'll be real, I think season 2 was perfect. The characters were all in a good place and the mood was perfect. There was a couple tongue in cheek goofiness, but nothing like a Dictator taking over the school with children militia requiring the study group to put on costumes to infiltrate it. Like, imagine that being pitched to you Season 2. You'd be like "That's way too absurd, Community keeps it right between not real and a little absurd, that's out of place."

So if they could reel back on the absurd factor, I'd be okay with it? Hell, go back to Season 1 status if you need to where it was just like a more typical normal show.

Maybe I just have too high expectations.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1167 (isolation #68) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:53 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Oh shit it's Admiral Anderson.

I have high hopes but it seems very Season 3ish to me.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1172 (isolation #69) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Is it too much to ask we reign it back to Season 2?

Like I know that's a scary risk but... I just feel like every episode is once again going to be a gimmick and we're going to be missing any real heart.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1175 (isolation #70) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Yeah that episode was awful.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1183 (isolation #71) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Eugh why? I rolled my eyes when I saw that.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1186 (isolation #72) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Wonder what Dan did to not be allowed to be served :p
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1187 (isolation #73) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I dig episode 1. I think it's a step up from season 5.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1191 (isolation #74) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:00 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1189, RedCoyote wrote:Britta's character was way, way overplayed... to the point of her now being this caricature. I struggle to see her character as a real person and now see her as an actress playing a part. This has actually been an ongoing thing though that has seemingly gotten worse over the course of the show. I guess you can kind of say this about every character in a way, but Britta seems like she's on a different level. Or maybe I'm just saying that because she was such a focus on the these first two episodes.

Britta has been a pretty awful character since her and Jeff being a thing stopped being pursued by the writers.

Her character was literally "hippyish girl who lawyer Jeff has a thing for" and then once the last part went away, they went further with the first part to the point of caricature.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1193 (isolation #75) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by BBmolla »

New character really grounds the show, really digging it.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1220 (isolation #76) » Tue May 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by BBmolla »

After the dog got a degree I haven't really had a drive to watch the show

is it worth coming back to?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1240 (isolation #77) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Meh. Community hasn't really been the same for me for a while now.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1243 (isolation #78) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:40 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Reviving cause it's on Netflix now

Season 4 was better than I remember. Season 5, Episode 1 resonates with me like crazy cause it feels like where I am now... I had a whole bunch of success, the future looked bright, and then a year later and I've moved backwards.

This show taught me everything about storytelling, I use Dan Harmon's story circle with everything I write, including my musical I put up. Rewatching it makes me remember who I was and I donno it just feels like I'm slowly getting back on track.

I know it's a weird time cause of the quarantine but this show is just... so amazing. It's like I'm getting to see old friends again. And I never watched all of season 6 (I quit after the dog got a degree but I heard the rest was good).

Anyways... I love this show so much and I hope they get the movie from it going to Netflix. Although getting Donald Glover would be... difficult. Everyone has had so much success beyond Community, it was such a fucking star studded cast.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1245 (isolation #79) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Still never seen Season 6, I'm going forward. Started at midway through 3 (cause I've seen everything previous at least 6 times each) and now I'm midway through 5.

4 was not as bad as I remember. Like definitely had some super off moments. Like, one moment that super stuck out as wrong was Professor English-History-Man is like "My name is Blablabla, and I know what you're thinking, I am related to Charles Buckingham Blablabla" and then instead of doing the normal Community *confused reaction face*, Troy turns to the class and goes "was anyone thinking that?" It was a very Big Bang Theory moment, like the joke was being explained when we already got it.

The Troy/Britta was also handled better than I recall.

Season 5 is better than I remember, I just wish they hadn't kind of abandoned all arcs for their female characters. It's kind of just the Jeff and Annie show, with Britta being this tool to get people to address their emotions. It's really good and feels like Season 3. Not a huge fan of Buzz, but I'm still in the first half. I think honestly the thing that makes this season feel off is the lack of Pierce, I think it just really fucks with the dynamic. And they could have given his role in the group to Chang, but Chang sort of takes on this other role. Idk. Watching it still. Troy just left, sad times. This is the point where Dan Harmon says Community died ftr.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1246 (isolation #80) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Also the video game episode was so well done jesus.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1247 (isolation #81) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by BBmolla »

What I will say is the storytelling in Community far surpasses every other show, and I don't know why no other show has been able to replicate it since.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1249 (isolation #82) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I think it was changed to play to Gillian Jacob's strengths, I think she's a very goofy actor and they felt limited in using that by having her in her foil role.

I don't disagree though. I have yet to see her character grow in Season 5.

And the absolute lack of Shirley story-lines in these later seasons is criminal, agreed.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1251 (isolation #83) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I'm confused what hole in the group Buzz was supposed to fill? Like this is a show of group dynamic, so I can understand not wanting to put in the same exact characters, but they lost their two clueless characters and didn't replace them with one? I donno.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1254 (isolation #84) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1253, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 1247, BBmolla wrote:What I will say is the storytelling in Community far surpasses every other show, and I don't know why no other show has been able to replicate it since.
if you're interested in a comedy show with a strong narrative I recommend The Good Place
I've heard it has a similar feel, I watched the first four episodes and was disinterested cause I hated the characters. But someone spoiled the Season 1 finale spoiler so now I'll probably go watch it once I'm done with Community.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1255 (isolation #85) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1252, Porochaz wrote:
In post 1249, BBmolla wrote:I think it was changed to play to Gillian Jacob's strengths, I think she's a very goofy actor and they felt limited in using that by having her in her foil role.
I don't think I agree with that. I really don't like goofy Gillian Jacobs.
I think I worded it poorly, I think she's prefers to play goofy, I liked Season 1 Britta more than any other Britta.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1257 (isolation #86) » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Finale was perfect.

Here's hoping we get a movie.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1261 (isolation #87) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:29 am

Post by BBmolla »

I kind of liked how Season 6 felt different. Like, it felt right that things changed, that the good old days were done with and everything was different now.

Not intentional but on a bigger level it worked for me. Especially with the ending.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1265 (isolation #88) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons removed due to blackface, thoughts?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1268 (isolation #89) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I don't even care much about the joke, put a black box over Chang for all I care, I'm mostly sad because it's arguably one of the best episodes of the series.

Return to “General Discussion”