Song Contest - BOTB 8 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Sat May 23, 2020 7:25 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

Wow, my initial entry for the last contest was Hunting for your dreams by Galneryus, ofc I only came across that song because of hunter x hunter. Didn't know that song did so well in a previous contest.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #1) » Sun May 31, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 45, Song Contest wrote:I'm also leaning pretty heavily toward taking Prana's advice on country submissions -- just letting people enter what they want and stop trying to distinguish what's a country and what isn't. People could submit whatever as long as it isn't offensive, and anybody clearly trying to be offensive I'll just ban. A particular entry this contest made it clear that the way I was handling it doesn't really help avoid what I wanted to avoid, which is making judgments about what counts as a country.

Feedback is welcome.
What we should be talking about is how countries are boring and now obsolete because they do not even serve the purpose they are meant for.
If every SC had a different theme then they would have their own unique flavor instead of a boring number.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #2) » Sun May 31, 2020 11:21 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 77, PranaDevil wrote:The entirety of it has changed. The image size no longer matters as points aren't put on the image. Country matters because...? Seriously. If somebody, anybody, can tell me what the role if country name serves beyond allowing anonymity in the submission (and even then, only until results are revealed) please speak up.
That is what I'm talking about. It's not even anonymous. The regulars know which player is which country. Hence countries need to shoved down the drain. I don't know about the image thing, it's before my time.

~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

Okay, I guess I can retire now :P

~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

Just sent it in a couple of mins ago.
These were the songs I liked (in no particular order, to maintain the suspense)
Spoiler:
Iceland
Belgium
Cote d'Ivoire
Hungary (I like how the meaning of it is so relevant right now :lol: )
USA
eSwatini

~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

Congrats Natirasha, I'll hopefully beat you in one of these contests : P

~Rectiplanes

Return to “General Discussion”