Bill and Ted Face the Music

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Bill and Ted Face the Music

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ok I’m 40 years old so Bill and Ted were very important to me when I was younger. When I heard they were making a new seque I thought “ohhh that can’t be good.” But then I started to get excited when I heard about the plot.

Stop now if you don’t want to be spoiled at a trailer level.

So Bill and Ted are all grown up and still haven’t written the song that unites humanity. Great this might actually be a mind blowing real look at how the world still sucks and how life doesn’t actually get better if you don’t do something about it. This could be woke, this could be meaningful. I mean what better way to put out a socially positive message than by infusing it into a beloved franchise for my stupid man child generation.

But then I watched the trailer. And not only is it just a stupid multi dimensional time travel snooze fest, but the first person of color that you see in the trailer is in a prison. Now there is a token Black guy who I see in the phone booth on the poster but...yeah that’s not what I was hoping for.

Now you are going to tell me that I’m stupid for hoping a bill and Ted movie would be anything but a stupid remake, but I actually had a little hope. Now they are just putting out remake trash masturbatória for white 40 year old guys in this time when we need very much not that.

Dunno. I was disappointed. Not excellent, dudes.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

I hope you are right - I hope it's the Matrix vs. Lost Boys fix the broken world and save the rainforest but I think its just the hangover 6
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

Actually that's what I was really hoping for - the Keanu angle. I'm probably wrong but I want to believe.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

I do like Kristen Schaal quite a bit tho. Not a bad Rufus sub at all.

Return to “General Discussion”