Song Contest 153 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by Natirasha »

As mentioned before, I'm sticking on the hip hop train for now. Anyone who is in the other thread knows what song I'm submitting, but that's fine.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Natirasha »

Spoiler:
The Netherlands(Sven Wunder)--It needed to go a little more somewhere and not just be theme music
Isle of Man(All Time Low)--Kinda generic pop-punk
Norway(KEiiNO)--This was prretty hilarious. The rap support really sold it to me, I was just like what. Love it.
Latvia(Shinji Hosoe)--boy this sure is background vn music at least submit Umineko if you're doing this lol.
Estonia(CombatPlayer)--This one was doing some interesting stuff at least.
Hinamizawa(CunninLynguists)--One of my friends told me to listen to this as part of my ongoing 2010s hip hop project and goddamn, Kno is one of the best beat producers in the business now, and this is imo his best beat. The lyrics themselves are a little silly but also great. Just some seriously good electronica-rap.
Ankh-Morpork(Therapy?)--This almost sounded like a cover.
Flavortown(ERRA)--The first half was better.
Seleucid Kingdom(Camilla Cabello)--Was this a song?
France(Hua Chen Yu)--Something good!!
Anguilla(Rosalia)--Rosalia is okay even if her music isn't my thing.
Llanowar(FamilyJules7x)--This was some solid bgm. Necrodancer has a good soundtrack so it makes sense.
Nepal(Haruka Shimotsuki)--See, this is good vidya music!! Nothing like some old school jrpgs to really get it.
Ireland(Sidney Gish)--hmm very early-00s sounding singer songwriter lady here that's fine though
USA(Mick Gordon)--My hot take is that the new Doom ost isn't that good.
Monaco(Avicii)--F
Iraq(Chon)--I don't have anything to say on this one.
New Zealand(Kodaline)--Just the worse, actually.
Central African Republic(Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel)--Old music can be okay sometimes.
Poland(Saint Motel)--An oasis in the desert of this contest.
Armenia(Kovacs)--Really mining that Amy Winehouse vein, but its good so its fine.
The Underground(Toby Fox)--One day I'll play Undertale but this song is good.
Chad(Imminence)--So glad this didn't end up being black metal, I was worried from the cover.
Niger(Bombino)--This was a little too guitar wankery for me but it was fine.
Indonesia(J Dilla)--idk I would have like to see where this goes but its a minute long so I was denied.
Canada(America Football)--I've been told these guys are really good but maybe its just a /mu/ thing since this isn't it.

Awful, genuinely awful contest.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Natirasha »

In post 67, Untrod Tripod wrote:lol literally every contest I've ever participated in has had a bunch of people saying how shitty the contest was. ya'll are real fucking negative about things that literally only exist for your enjoyment and/or edification.
Eeh I mean I get where you're going but for me specifically I always say whether a contest was good or bad. Like, I literally said last contest that that one was pretty top-notch.

Return to “General Discussion”