Song Contest 206 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by AGar »

hm

/in
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:08 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1, Song Contest wrote:

A Day to Remember - The Downfall of Us All

I see I'm being pandered to.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by AGar »

Spoiler: I have thoughts, they aren't important

eSwatini
- This should just be Monster Mash. It didn't feel like it was a significant enough departure from the OG to warrant being this same to it. Meh. 4.5/10
Peru
- I like the beat, his tone/volume, but his flow during the verses kinda bugs me a little? I love the setup of "when I walk around my hood I see.." The hook takes away from it a little bit for me. 8/10
Mount Celeste
- When this moves to set apart the repetitive parts, they frequently either overload your ears or the differentiation is so faint you have to strain to pick it up. The late middle part is nice though! 6/10
Scythia
- As video game music this tells a story as it needs to across something sweeping and significant. As standalone listening, this is multiple songs medleyed into one that don't really match up all that well. 2/10
Portland
- It me! I personally love the instrumentation on this one, blending the jazzy horns, keys & organs and cleaner low key nashville-esque plucky guitars. Margo has become one of my favorite Americana artists that I've come across.
Chile
- The Carpenters are fine, and this is good. It's not like... razzing me up but it's doing good stuff. 6.5/10
Slovenia
- Simply fine and I have nothing more to say. 5/10
Mali
- If I heard this on a local radio station, I'd google it to try and figure out what it was to check out more. I really like this, good vibes. Oh and there's horns? Fuck yes. 8.5/10
Old Zealand
- Ah that's what this song is! I've heard it before a bunch but never was like "oh what is that." Just kinda vibed with it 6.5/10
Antarctica
- I simply cannot. 2/10
Japan
- Ban double kicks. 1.5/10
Sweden
- I like the instrumentation here, the musicality is well done. Parts get a spot to shine without sounding overcrowded. The vocals are interesting - I like how there's a tonal and pattern calling to traditional music you hear from more traditional music of that region. The lyrics are just OK, just kinda dip into what feels like tropes. 8/10
United States of Erica
- Sure? Like it has a vibe, but that vibe is "Alice's Restaurant Massacree" without the holiday charm. 3/10
Eritria
- Homesick is my favorite ADTR album. Objectively, the singles are actually like bottom 4 songs on the album
buuuut
DA-DA DA-DA DA DA DA DA DA DA-DA DA-DA
. 9.5/10, shoulda been Welcome to the Family.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 24, pickemgenius wrote:
In post 23, AGar wrote: Japan
- Ban double kicks. 1.5/10
worst take ive ever heard in my life.
You clearly don't listen to me talk much.

Return to “General Discussion”