Song Contest 207 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by toolenduso »

/in with some high school shit
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:22 am

Post by toolenduso »

Spoiler: Been a while since it was this easy for me to rank the songs
Chile - Supertramp - Easy Does It: Always liked Supertramp, never listened to em much. This one's ok. DECENT.

Namibia - Big Freedia - Gin in My System: This is pretty chaotic and weird. Like, kinda too much going on imo. I could see this being very fun in a live/club setting. But just listening to it at my kitchen table in the morning while drinking coffee? Hmm...DECENT.

Peru - Goon - Lyra: This reminds me of, like, Portishead or something. It's pretty and very airy. Just kind of a zone-out-and-listen song. DECENT.

Bangladesh - Adrian von Ziegler - Ancient Storm: Meh. DON'T CARE.

Barbados - Farewell Fighter - Golden: The dude on the left wearing the Minus the Bear t-shirt looks like Ricky Gervais. I like the ebb and flow of energy in this song. Also the guitar string scratchies. Yeah this is pretty nice! GOOD.

Mali - Soccer Mommy - Circle the Drain: Very pretty and nice with good singing. GOOD.

Mount Celeste - Evan Call - Bullets for My Brothers [Acoustic]: Not what I expected. 's OK. DECENT.

Sweden - Jorn - The Day the Earth Caught Fire: Enjoyable metal with a hint of glam. Nice guitar solo. DECENT.

San Marino - Nanowar of Steel - Disco Metal: Oh, it's Europop. OK. This genre's almost always gonna be a hard sell with me. DON'T CARE.

Sumer - Water From Your Eyes - Barley: Very discordant, I like it. Slightly hypnotic. Main riff is like an off-pitch version of an old blues melody. Very unique and good. Fave so far. GREAT.

Orlando - Suck Brick Kid - How the West Was Lost: Modern punk, meh. DECENT.

Scythia - The Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight: Never listened to this band much. Just whatever I might've heard on the radio. Never liked the singer's voice much. It's kinda pretty at times I guess? DECENT.

Antarctica - Macross 82-99 ft. Sarah Bonito - Horsey: A certain kind of indie-ish pop I can find some joy in listening to, but not very actively. DECENT.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

Return to “General Discussion”