Song Contest 212 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:48 pm

Post by imaginality »

/in
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:11 pm

Post by imaginality »

Hi all, I'd forgotten how fun these song contests can be, I might have to take part regularly again, or at least listen and vote. As I'm not someone who keeps up with any particular scene, it's a neat way to discover some new artists.

Spoiler: my impressions

Mali: CMAT ft. John Grant - Where Are Your Kids Tonight?

I like the instrumentals quite a lot. The vocals would be annoying to listen to closely but this is more than fine as a song playing in the background when I'm doing something else.

Singapore: John Legend ft. Chance the Rapper - Penthouse Floor

The second half appealed to me more than the first, I think the beats were too prominent at the start. There were a couple of lyrics I thought were quite clever, like the new phone new hair new era.

Antarctica: PinocchioP ft. Hatsune Miku - God-ish

The chorus was enjoyably energetic! Kinda zany but I feel like it was in a way that works.

Old Zealand: The Backseat Lovers - Maple Syrup

The bridge in this song reminded me vaguely of a Bic Ringa's songs. I found the "Did it hurt when I kicked you to the curb?" lyric annoying though. Overall this song was okay though not memorable.

Estonia: Orange Goblin - Red Tide Rising

I liked the intro and then I kept liking it. I turned it up and liked it even more. And I liked that the vocals were a touch calmer than others in this genre.

Colombia: Rei Harakami - First Period

If my kid was still a baby I'd probably play this to get her to sleep, I don't think it would get annoying. On the other hand it didn't get interesting either. Ending with a flat line tone felt appropriate.

Scythia: Luca Turilli - Prophet of the Last Eclipse

Great to listen to, felt perhaps a bit hmm performative at points? But I enjoyed it overall

Chile: Serú Girán - Canción de Alicia en el País

This gave me a vibe of operatic rock dialled right back. Like a mellow South American Meatloaf. I don't think other people might think that but my mind works weirdly sometimes. It was perhaps a tad too mellow though, needed more oomph.

Benin: Eliminate ft. I Set My Friends on Fire - Poison Oak

The video said "get off the internet" and this song made me want to. I'd describe it as though Dubstar swallowed a metal song and were vomiting it back up.

Mount Celeste: Detektivbyrån - Nattöppet

What happens when a talented band forget to bring most of their instruments to the gig. I did enjoy it. Sort of like how I enjoy mint ice cream, a single serving is nice but I wouldn't eat a whole tubful.

"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy

Return to “General Discussion”