The something awful HQ/Embassy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #152 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:09 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Avatars and normal text would be a good way to integrate.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #154 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Sarcastro »

No, the point of avatars is to make it easier to distinguish between players.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #160 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:26 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Wow, you guys are so clever.

I can't imagine why people would think that you're trolls who aren't actually interested in contributing to the site.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #162 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:30 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Hi.

Please stop copying my avatars. It's extremely annoying.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #165 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Look, I was trying to give real advice. It's easy for a lot of people, including me, to distinguish between and remember players if they have unique avatars.

And in response, half of you copied my avatar. I changed it back to my old one in frustration, and another one of you copied this one.

Excuse me for thinking that most of you are not very mature or interested in actually being contributing members of this site.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #171 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Yes, I realise that you wouldn't have done it if I hadn't asked. The point is that doing it was immature and really not funny. It was just annoying. Simply annoying people for its own sake is trolling.

A suggestion is not the same as forcing you to conform. I never said you had to get avatars. I merely suggested that it would be a good idea if, as Mith says, you want to become regular members of the site.

Feel free to prove me wrong about you guys being immature.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #181 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:25 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Xythar wrote:
If I may offer a genuine piece of advice back to you, the more angry words you write telling Alasdair not to do something, the more he's actually going to do it. Trust me. I know from experience :/
Thank you, Xythar, but I already know that from experience with a lot of other people. That's part of why I'm trying to be reasonable about this.

I'd appreciate it if TheNinthLayer and Varinn would stop using my avatars.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #196 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

deepthought wrote:
Sarcastro wrote: Thank you, Xythar, but I already know that from experience with a lot of other people. That's part of why I'm trying to be reasonable about this.
No you're not; you're using two people as an excuse to be condescending.

A lot of people have been friendly and welcoming, debated parts of the game, extended invitations to future games, and haven't had to resort to "THE SA PLAYERS ARE IMMATURE ASSHOLES BENT ON RUINING OUR PRECIOUS FORUM". If Alasdair is breaking the forum rules by being annoying, then ban him - it's not like you're going to hurt our feelings or something - but "asshole" is a sword that cuts both ways.
Sorry, but what exactly are you talking about?

When did I call all the SA players "immature assholes"? I said that the people who were trying to annoy me for no reason by stealing my avatars were acting immature. I did not call anyone an asshole, and I did not generalise my comments to refer to
all
of the SA players.

Please don't put words into my mouth. I only have a problem with those players who seem to be using this forum exclusively as a place to troll and spam people.

Also, please note that my original comment was a suggestion to help some of the SA players who wanted to integrate into the forum, rather than define themselves as SA players who happen to be here. In response, people copied my avatars. I've been nothing but reasonable in asking them to stop. How exactly am I the bad guy here?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #198 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

deepthought wrote:
Sarcastro wrote: Sorry, but what exactly are you talking about?
When you overreacted to a (pretty funny) joke and decided to whine about everyone being immature twice in like three posts. It was either generalized at everyone or a dumb attempt to feed the trolls, so I read it as the first one.
That doesn't excuse putting words into my mouth.

Show me where I said that "everyone" is immature. You seem to agree that the people who copied my avatar were trolling, though I don't know what kind of sense of humour one would have to have to find it funny.

In any case, the joke should be over by now. If it's a joke, they should have stopped by now, since I've said that I don't appreciate it. If they continue precisely
because
I've said that I don't appreciate it - well, I think we both know what that means.

Oh, and I'd hardly call calmly and politely asking people to stop an overreaction. Is sarcasm overreaction now? I suppose you didn't find that as funny.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #221 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:58 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

TheNinthLayer wrote:Hey you PMed me asking me to do the "mature thing" and switch off your avatar which by the way is lolcats.

I will now repeat this phrase with emphasis on the important words:

Hey you PMed me asking me to do the "
mature
thing" and switch off your avatar which by the way is
lolcats
Oh, so because I find a certain picture funny/cute, it means that you have the right to ignore polite requests to stop deliberately doing something to annoy me?

If you guys are serious about wanting to become part of this community, deliberately antagonising its members probably isn't the best way to do it.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #223 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

The point of PMing you was to give you a chance to say "Whatever, it was just a joke" before I concluded once and for all that you're only interested in trolling. Now that you've basically admitted that you are, though, I suppose I'll just have to ignore you until you get bored or are banned. Have fun.

Return to “General Discussion”