UK Pol - #independenceday

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 am

Post by Porochaz »

It's fine, a large amount of us have noone to vote for, the parties we have have ineffectual leaders, consist of liars/crooks or are okayish but want to break the UK apart and would have absolutely no impact on who would become leader of the country. The only change will be that UKIP will do well making the country more divided than before, more bigoted than before and ultimately shitter than before and we can relax and fall into this giant chasm of despair and then nothing will matter. So it's all good.

[/cheerypost]
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 17, FireScreamer wrote:I for one welcome the tory evil empire. The greater the Tory boogeyman the more likely indyref 2 : Electric Leavaroo will go through.
Nah, there's enough people here with an ounce of sense to realise that the absolute worst thing Scotland could do now is go it alone.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:26 am

Post by Porochaz »

Oh god, I just realised that my best option may be to vote Tory. How the fuck did that happen?!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Porochaz »

Anti independence vote. :(
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:18 am

Post by Porochaz »

I mean if I thought for a second I could vote for Labour then I would. I've voted Labour I think in every election that I could, even that one that Lib Dems promised free tuition fees. Scottish Labour has been a non-entity for so long. I don't think there is much support there and when I look at issues Scottish independence is probably the main one right now, before an independent Scotland had a few things going for it, namely EU and oil. Since we don't/wouldn't have either it would be insanity to leave. Yet that's what the SNP (and the greens) want to do. Whilst Sturgeons policies are somewhat in line with what I believe the SNP's really aren't.

I don't know, I mean take the independence thing out then the SNP still wouldn't be a useful vote, they cannot take charge of the country. Labour under Corbyn is full of in-fighting and are so pre-occupied with themselves that their is no point voting for them. I can't see them magically coming together to make an effective force against the Tories, especially in Scotland where they would get a lot more of their seats if they could crowbar some of the SNP's MP's out, but I doubt they do that. Tories is a horrible vote, I only see my and the general public's standard of living getting worse but I can see people in Scotland voting them, I can't see them voting Labour. I hope the next few weeks prove me wrong.

EDIT: I can't see my voting Conservative and being okay with it, I probably will vote Labour again. Despite Corbyn.

EDIT2: http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/index.php is telling me Lib Dem... http://wsyvf.com/x/19aba (for 2015 election)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #27 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Porochaz »

http://uk.isidewith.com/results/3072789315 - I dont like this test for a few reasons. (No SNP choice, it tells me education isn't important to me, it was just that the questions asked hold less importance to me. Also it told me my educational interests lie with UKIP which is worrying, but again, think the wrong questions were probably asked)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:20 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 37, Mac wrote:I was thinking earlier I really have no one to vote for. Or want to vote for maybe. Not sure on the SNP because it'll be all indyrefindyref forever, don't want to vote conservative because, well, tories, don't fancy Labour because they're up shit creek and the Greens have policies which, if I remember rightly, contradict with my line of work. And I don't think there's a Lib Dem candidate either, even then I don't know if I'd vote for them after the last election fiasco.
Regardless of where you live in Aberdeen there will be a lib dem candidate. (whether voting for them would do anything...)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:33 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 45, mykonian wrote:
In post 25, Porochaz wrote:before an independent Scotland had a few things going for it, namely EU and oil. Since we don't/wouldn't have either it would be insanity to leave.
Mind explaining this one to me? I don't think I quite understand.
Indyref1's main argument for independence was "Scotland has oil". Soon after the referendum the oil industry in Scotland absolutely collapsed. Depending where you read, people within the EU have stated Scotland would not be in a financial state to join the EU, but what is known is that if we were to rejoin the EU after independence we would be placed at the back of the queue (which is fair) so it could be years before we rejoin. Spain has already stated they would block fasttracking us.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #51 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 47, Mac wrote:I don't live in Aberdeen, I live in the sticks, it's just easier to say Aberdeen here lol. I do work there though!
Living in the 'shire as well there would be a lib dem candidate, but considering you are entering Alex Salmond/other SNP stronghold territory, you might struggle.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #53 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:54 am

Post by Porochaz »

I look forward to the stop the SNP list...
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #58 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 am

Post by Porochaz »

It's more difficult than that. For Scotland at least. If we don't want another indyref then we have to consider that first before the tories. We're already leaving the EU, I don't particularly want to risk leaving you guys as well. (also SNP votes in the general election really don't help keep the Tories out)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #62 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 60, zoraster wrote:Poro, Is your constituency likely to elect a Tory though? If not, you can make whatever decision you think best.
They were 3rd, about 1900 votes behind the incumbent Labour and the SNP (who won it). In all honesty I don't see any SNP seats being turned. The exhaustion over independence might make it more marginal for the SNP, but considering they were 8,000 votes ahead of Labour with 20,000, I don't see that big a turn-around. My posting is coming from frustration more than anything. I feel like I am being put up for ransom. My vote probably ultimately means very little. But for me it feels like a choice between Hard Brexit/Indyref2/Using my ballot to wipe my arse. As I said before as ineffectual as they are Labour will keep getting my vote. I don't feel comfortable voting elsewhere.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #191 (isolation #12) » Tue May 23, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Porochaz »

Regardless of whether you have a case or not, or have gone about it in the right or wrong way, now is not the time. Most of us (as in UK Scummers) have friends/family living in Manchester, and at this precise moment, posting ISIS propoganda (regardless of the intent) and arguing/insulting with people who are worried/grieving etc. is an abhorrent thing to do.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #193 (isolation #13) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Point still stands.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #195 (isolation #14) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by Porochaz »

And?

The purpose of that is pretty clear.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #373 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Porochaz »

In post 357, Not_Mafia wrote:Mhairi Black could lose her seat, another seat showing Tories doing better than the exit polls
I really really hope this is the case. I cant stand her.

Huge labour result for Scotland (and conservative)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #378 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by Porochaz »

In post 376, Drench wrote:mhairi black survives
:(
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #385 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Im at the stage now where I want SNP to win a fair amount of seats. Which is not what I expected. Indyref2 is pretty much off the table now. So its now just a case of keeping Tories out.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #394 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Yeah. Im not believing that. Everything (sans scotland) Im seeing is suggesting that conservatives are doing worse than the exit polls
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #396 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Porochaz »

My seat was a Tory Gain. Really saddened.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #399 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Elmo only got 3 votes. Im even more saddened.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #401 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Salmond going would make me happy
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #403 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Mr Fishfinger got 309 votes, thats something. Also the BBC calling hi Mr Fishfinger is great.
Last edited by Porochaz on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #409 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by Porochaz »

SNP have exceeded the exit polls, so... as have Lib Dems. Tories have done well, but in regards to the seats they thought they might get... meh.

Tories in Scotland... it's very much the Ruth Davison effect.

Salmond losing is the one that has made me most happy tonight. He's a vile loathsome man. Who I have had the misfortune to meet a few times.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #589 (isolation #24) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I have no idea who to vote for. My constituency is currently Tory however the election before it was SNP and the election before that Labour.

Given what our previous mp has done, I think at the very least Tories will not do very well despite being the clear frontrunners in terms of campaigning.

So who to vote for, 4 candidates in order of where they came in the last general election, 1. Tory - never. 2. SNP - if it's not about scottish independence then yeah, would be happy to vote snp but scottish independence could potentially fuck us up more especially if brexit goes through, 3. Labour - there is the Corbyn issue, never has one man held his party back so much. I'd vote them even though I dont think they have a chance in hell in our constituency. The candidate they have fielded is pretty poor in comparison having little to no previous political experience. 4 - Lib Dems, they had the biggest swing in our constituency for the Europeans, however are a distant 4th place here. The candidate is a long term local councillor and has done a good job. However, I hate Jo Swinson with a passion and I dont believe for a second she could win.

So if I dont want brexit, snp. If I dont want Scottish independence - Tories, but in terms of people I would vote for lib dems. Labour would probably give the snp an independence vote.

Parents are voting lib dems. I have switched so many times. I'm currently thinking SNP and then fighting against the next bloody referendum...
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #596 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:41 am

Post by Porochaz »

Aberdeen south, our mp will be remembered for two things, 1 being so pro Brexit despite 2/3rds of the constituents voting against it and 2. Getting drunk and groping people at the parliament bar.

I dont know how the coverage has been but for us the snp have been pretty focused on independence. Their is conflicting reports on what labour would do if they worked together in a coalition but a referendum would seem likely at some point.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #609 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 597, zoraster wrote:So yeah... do you prefer certain brexit in the styling of Johnson plus all the other goodies that come with a Tory majority or do you prefer a messy coalition government with a chance at a second referendum? I'd vote SNP in this case myself, but obviously I have the luxury of not facing another independence referendum.
I voted SNP. And I feel dirty.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #622 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Porochaz »

Considered Scotlands main economic hope is oil...
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #643 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Now I feel extra dirty considering the only thing my vote did was strengthen the case for indyref2...

Return to “General Discussion”