The Curse of Kowhai Mall - CHARLIE MAIN THREAD - COMPLETED

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:04 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Service Desk: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=87882&p=13048890#p13048890

I'll leave these questions for Ambic for the moment!
Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:17 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 3, Primate wrote:Q1. If I put the body somewhere that no-one in the mall will ever find it, but someone unrelated might (like say if I use a catapult on the roof to launch it a mile out of bounds) is that a fail?
Q2. Do I know if the train tickets are keyed to people's names or if someone else buys one can I steal it?
Q3. Do the tesla keys have a fob so I can lock/unlock the car from a distance? (for this question you don't need to confirm whether this will work, just whether the bit is there)
Q4. If I kill someone else, do I also have to hide
that
body?
1) It needs to be hidden in such a way that
nobody
is likely to ever find it. That includes people outside the mall!
2) Train tickets do not include names, they can be used by anyone.
3) The Tesla keys do have a fob for locking and unlocking, yes. It should be noted, the range of this fob is something you are not currently aware of.
4) Yes, you need to destroy or hide any evidence linking you to any murder or manslaughter you commit/committed here.
Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:10 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 53, Primate wrote:
Examine Locked Store in the Northwest
This place has glass doors, but they are frosted glass and it's impossible to tell what's going on inside. Whatever it is, it does seem to be well-lit, and you can make out a little movement.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:28 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Addendum to the above - the signage on the front of the store makes it clear this is a bank.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #23 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:51 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 22, Primate wrote:
Can you set me up with a private chat with Talitha when you get a sec please?
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=87904

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #33 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:02 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:16 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 3, Primate wrote:
I'll apologise and take the gloves, put them on, then continue to look.
You have gained
Disposable Gloves
- your inventory is now full.

This paperwork seems old.
Very
old. There's also all kinds of seemingly quite ludicrous stuff in it - planning permission forms for Pyramids, Burial Mounds... even one for what looks like Stonehenge. There are also a lot of documents on the legal processes for being accredited in certain professions, which start quite normal - Doctor, Dentist, Mason - but get weirder and weirder as you read further through the paperwork. Witch Doctor, Plague Doctor, Werewolf, Vampire... are those last two even professions?

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:29 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

As much as Pat talks about not damaging these documents, they're not exactly in perfect condition. There are maps included with the planning permissions, but it's impossible to tell if any of them match up to the area around the Mall.

The accreditation processes are slightly more readable, but are written in Old English so are very difficult to interpret. The process for becoming a witch doctor includes what is clearly a long list of ingredients, although what is supposed to be done with those is unclear. The process for becoming a vampire is written in extremely small handwriting and seems to cover almost twenty pages - all you can really make out are the step numbers, and by page 4 they're already on step 100. Seems like it's something of an arduous process.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #51 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:31 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 49, Primate wrote:1a. How about anything for the church next door?
You have another look through, but if there is anything about the church, you can't spot it.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #52 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:40 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Most of the scrolls are worn, torn, and generally look useless. There are only three that stand out as being in good condition:

- A recipe for 'Feijoada'
- A recipe for 'Ye Olde Potione of Adoration'
- A scroll with a drawing of two large wings at the top. The writing on this scroll is in hieroglyphs.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #63 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:32 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

You can try to use anything you want as a weapon - obviously most things won't provide any benefit over just your fists. The bloody weight could be (although I'd need to check with Ambic on exactly what bonus it provides).

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #64 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:34 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

You left behind the pentagram pamphlet and obtained the fuse box key.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #65 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:26 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #67 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:33 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

There's the ladder, the windows leading onto the Bank, Bathrooms, and Antique store, and the (currently locked) french doors leading onto the apothecary.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #68 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:34 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

I missed the word 'reasonable' - the french doors would be the normal way to enter.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #70 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:36 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #72 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:45 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Given you're putting something down - please specify which cubicle you're in (for our spreadsheet purposes :D ).

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #74 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:55 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Gotcha - you've dropped the weight (at least temporarily).

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #95 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:41 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

That's a mistake - sorry about that! They are you guys, we changed the gender of one of the characters prior to gamestart (and I guess the old image got uploaded there).

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #99 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:35 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #100 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:40 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #102 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:49 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Oh, sorry, I did miss it! Thank you for the bump.

The red light on the camera is still on, indicating that it's active.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #144 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:51 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

You take a photo of the trunk. It looks the same in the photo as it does to your eyes - empty.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #145 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:56 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #147 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:14 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

The Lost&Found forms are only for item retrieval, by the looks of it. They only have a name field, and a section where you can list your lost items.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #148 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:22 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

There seem to be a pile of Lost&Found forms, and a bunch of forms for joining the 'VCS' on top of the printer.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #189 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:55 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

You now have the screwdriver. You have left the Confession Tape in the VHS player.

-Het

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”