Scumleague Fantasy Football 2023 (Game Over)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

All /in
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

You know what might be a fun way to decide draft order this year? See if chat gpt is capable of making a draft order
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

Given how last season ended and how he caused my first loss in 2020, can i be in same division as the bear?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Had some free time so I wrote down what all I wanted to make sure was in this year's voting ballot options. A good chunk of this has been in the previous ballots, but I do not think its 100% the same. There are a few things missing and or new. I will utilize tags so my post does not take up too much room

Spoiler:

Mafia Scum Ballot (All A’s is how last year went and will be used again if not out voted)

How do we handle Starting Roster?

A. QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, TE1, K1, D1, and Flex (RB, WR, or TE) for 9 starters
B. QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, WR3, TE1, K1, D1 for 9 starters
C. QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, TE1, K1, D1 for 8 starters
D. Other, Explain

How do we handle Bench size?

A. 7 spots
B. 8 spots
C. 9 spots
D. Other, Explain

How many IR slots should we have?

A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. Other, Explain

If a game is postponed should all players involved in that game, be considered as on IR that week?

A. No.
B. Yes.

How do we handle points per reception?

A. 0.5 per reception
B. 1 point per reception
C. No points per reception

How do we handle Trade Appeals?

A. (Total Teams in League / 2) or more votes against will prevent the trade from going through.
B. Other, Explain

Allow Draft Position Trades? (This would affect every round of the draft based on snake rules. You cannot swap for just 1 round its an entire draft thing or nothing)

A. Yes
B. No

How long should Trade Evaluation last?
(I wish Yahoo allowed you to go by exact hours, but I do not think it does)

A. At least 2 Complete Days
B. At least 1 Complete Day
C. Instant

How do we handle Field Goal Scoring?

A. 0.1 for each yard (The shortest possible field of 17-yard field goal would be 1.7 points)
B. 3 points for kicks between 1-39 yards, 4 points for 40-49 yards, 5 points for 50-59, etc.
C. Combine the above, so 3 points for 1-30 yards, then add 0.1 for each additional yard. Can this even be done with yahoo?

Should you lose points for missed extra points and or field goals?
(I am actually not sure what setting we had for this last year so I would appreciate someone fact checked this)

A. No, you do not lose points for missed extra points and or field goals.
B. Yes, lose 1 point for missed extra points and or field goals.
C. Other, Explain

Should negative total points for a position be allowed?

A. Yes, you picked a player that played poorly so you deserve whatever points he gets even if it’s a negative total.
B. No, 0 is the least you can get from a starter. Afterall if you started no one you would get a 0 and since you at least started someone, you should not get below a 0 for any starter.

How do we handle who wins a division?

A. “Season Record” is strongest tie breaker followed by “Division Record” and then “Scoring” then “Face to Face.”
B. “Season Record” is strongest tie breaker followed by “Scoring” and then “Division Record” then “Face to Face.”

How should we handle playoff seeding at the START of the playoffs?

A. Division leaders and next top 3 make it with Overall scoring deciding seeds 1-6.
B. Division leaders are seeds 1-3, wild cards are 4-6. Tiebreakers decided based on answer to the last question.

How should we handle playoff seeding DURING the playoffs?

A. No reseeding, make it like March Madness Brackets
B. I want reseeding so strongest seed remaining plays the weakest seed remaining each round just like the current NFL playoff system.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Considering how last year's playoffs went and how I was able to take advantage of our current settings to get my wild card team a bye and good seeding, I feel putting these in the poll is necessary.

Spoiler:

How do we handle who wins a division?

A. “Season Record” is strongest tie breaker followed by “Division Record” and then “Scoring” then “Face to Face.”
B. “Season Record” is strongest tie breaker followed by “Scoring” and then “Division Record” then “Face to Face.”

How should we handle playoff seeding at the START of the playoffs?

A. Division leaders and next top 3 make it with Overall scoring deciding seeds 1-6.
B. Division leaders are seeds 1-3, wild cards are 4-6. Tiebreakers decided based on answer to the last question.

How should we handle playoff seeding DURING the playoffs?

A. No reseeding, make it like March Madness Brackets
B. I want reseeding so strongest seed remaining plays the weakest seed remaining each round just like the current NFL playoff system.

If there is no means to change a division winner (it's got to be Season Record > Division Record > Scoring) then we can just eliminate that question and replace it with one that just handles tie breakers in general since I know there are settings about that in yahoo. And I was able to luck into a situation last year where I had an advantage because of our current tie breaker / playoff settings. And some players were kinda screwed by our current settings last year too. So if we do not put something about that in the poll, what's stopping people from taking advantage of it again? What's stopping some teams from getting screwed again?

As far as postponed games go, yahoo did add settings that help out in situations where games actually are postponed because of covid. They do exist I have seen them used in other leagues. Would these settings have helped in situation where a game was canceled during the game? No, and I personally do not think they are needed since Covid is kinda over, BUT I felt starting the conversation was necessary in case people wanted them. Though if no one seconds this then it is fine to leave this off the ballot.

Anything that was in last year's ballot that got low or no support we can leave off the ballot, BUT things never in the ballot should get consideration. I'm honestly not sure if the field goal scoring changes we made last year were good or bad so I do want a vote on that even if C is not possible. We can just choose between A or B only if that's the case.

Also I would appreciate you going through what I wrote and fact checking in case I am wrong about what current settings we used last year. I honestly cannot remember if we lost points or not for missed field goals for example
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Personally i think that division winners should all make the playoffs. Having them NOT be gauranteed a top seed is also fine in my book. Kinda helps balance a situation where a team wins a weak division. My only beef with the current playoff situation was with the lack of reseeding during the playoffs. You should always play to win the game. Enforcing reseeding would encourage that. When you do not enforce reseeding their is the temptation to lose on purpose to allow for different people to get different seeds and ultimatly allow yourself to get an advantage with an easier bracket that you earned by losing. I would rather you got an easier path by winning. Also losing certain matches purposely can effect the promotion and regulation system. Changing who gets in and out of each league and when. This is all why i want reseeding during. If I can not get others to see that and second then i guess it is what it is, but i fear someone will purposefully try to take advantage which is worse than how i played to win and lucked into what I considered to be an easy path last year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #29 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Basically I do not want someone to purposely lose like nero did in league 2 during 2020. His deliberate loss to Caboose in the final regular season game shifted who made the playoffs in league 2. This effectively gate kept and changed who would have the opportunity to go to league 1. It also effected who he could play in the next round which was an advantage he got by giving caboose a win. And its an advantage nero got by deliberately losing and benching his monday night player. Aren't you always suppose to play to win on this website?

I got 2nd in regular season last year and I think my path was easier than bear's. Bear got 1st seed. His path should have been guaranteed to be better than mine since he was the 1 seed. I also could have lost certain games near end of last year and changed who was what seed at the end of the season. I chose not to, figuring winning and trying to get the 1 seed in an unlikely situation was better than losing certain games and trying to find an advantageous wild card position. I was right to do what I did because I got the 2 seed. I did not think a wild card could get the 2 seed until I got it. And by luck of who got what other seed, I feel I had the more likely easy path. But the temptation I had was there, and I did not like it or feel what I could potentially be getting was right.
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #34 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

edited my earlier post. Pooky had lead on my division and highest likelyhood of 1 seed for majority of season. So i was very tempted to lose and try for certain wild card spots.

Would someone losing early gaurantee later success? Not necessarily. Nero did not win league 2 that year for example, but his odds were higher. And there were some other reprecussions of his actions.

If no one seconds, sees the advantages I see that could occur, then I guess its fine. If no one sees then its unlikely to happen. If we had rules in our game that punnished players that did not play to win each game, I would accept that too
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Not exactly. Nero and I were guaranteed byes with the records we had at that time. He was 1 seed, I was 2 seed and nothing could change that at the end of that week. And since we had byes, we were guaranteed top 4. So we were both going to league 1 already. Winning it all was only thing left on line for both of us. I chose to play with players I thought gave me best chance for winning in week 14, he chose to bench his Monday night player right before that game. This changed who was seeds 3-6. The 4 and 5 seeds were statistically weaker than the 3 and 6 seeds. The 3 seed was caboose. Had Caboose lost to Nero, he would have been 4 or 5. Nero made it clear he did not want to face caboose in round 2 of the playoffs. Caboose had best team statistically and bad regular schedule. So Nero proceed to lose giving caboose the 3 seed he put him on the opposite end of the bracket so Caboose could only play me. With reseed there would have been less incentive for him to lose since if Caboose was 4 he would not necessarily played Nero

During last season I thought beating Pooky for lead of my division and 1 seed was impossible. I also thought the 2 seed was impossible and best I could get was 4 seed. I did not think wild cards could be 2 or 3 seeds until we reached the final weeks and I realized the clinched marks on the standings and how they worked. So I had temptation to lose and try to effect who was seeds 2-6. I thought that unsporting and figured I would just continue to play at best. I am very glad I did that. Having it possible for wild cards to get 2-6 is very good since it encourages winning. The reseeding does not encourage it as much, but it does some. If you all think my point is minor, thats fine. If I can not get the second, then so be it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #37 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Are we allowing draft
position
trades? (This is not the same as trading draft picks. Draft pick trades is bad in our leagues. Trading draft position is when let's say I pick 8th and you pick 3rd. We trade so now you pick 8th and I pick 3rd. This in turn effects every round of the draft based on snake format and would need to be agreed upon before the draft starts. You cannot start this in the middle of a draft ever.)

I do not care if we allow it or not and am not sure if that's something we needed to vote on or not
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #48 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

I would still like to be in same division as Bear, but if he not want that, its cool. I still glad we shared last years win. I am glad he agreed to share it since he was technically in the lead.

We can't get chat gpt to randomly select draft positions? I think that would be cool, but if everyone prefers the dice, then i guess it fine

Also "Six
promoted
teams in a ten-team league wins 10-5." you got the right words there d3f3nder? I did not think that was an option
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:47 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yes, the dice gave me pooky!

Btw I believe L1 currently has its draft listed as offline in the yahoo app so it will need updated to the correct value defender gave earlier
In post 70, D3f3nd3r wrote:
L1 draft is scheduled for Friday 8/25 at 8pm EDT
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #93 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am gonna try and join one of the ms discord chats during the league 1 draft tonight. Feel free to come, drink, talk, whatever or just be in the yahoo draft room
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #95 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Sorry to hear that^. I guess that explains why you have 3 bengals wide receivers and many on bye week 7

I probably went too heavy on rbs and not heavy enough on receivers, but we will see what happens i guess. Maybe all of them are healthy and can trade for receiver later...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #98 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

The discord voice chat for L1 during tge draft, consisted of peta pan, kdowns, and myself talking about picks as they were made by us and others. Also in attendenace were Haschel, vash, silverclaw, and tbone. The 4 of them were there for the mafiascum wrestling federation stream that haschel ran. Both events were entertaining
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #99 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

This comment might be a a little late for this year, but I feel its important to say even if we do not act on it until next season

The NFL approved flex scheduling to thursday games. A decision I hate and many nfl players hate. Amazon and various owners want more money. And if you are someone that has tickets to a sunday game and your game gets moved to a thursday evening where you unfortunately have work and thus must now sell your tickets, I feel very bad for you. Especially since it is possible the scheduling for the thursday game might not be decided until after the monday night game for the previous week. Ugh I hate that nfl is doing this

And here is the fantasy impact of all that. The trade review time on yahoo by default is 2 days. That's what we use. On espn it works based on 48 hours, BUT on yahoo trades are resolved overnight roughly midnight PST/PDT (4 or 5 am Est/EDT) only. This means If I send you a trade on tuesday and you accept it at noon that day, it will NOT count any of the remaining time on tuesday. The 2 days you will need to wait are all of wednesday and thursday. So if the trade goes through, it will not complete until friday between 12-5am pending your time zone. If you were doing this trade to get a player before he played on thursday, you failed. And if you didn't know that player was going to play on that thursday until after the previous monday, this new nfl rule just ruined you!

To deal with these kind of scenarios I suggest we change to a 1 day trade review format. Again it might be late now to switch to this for this season, it probably is too late so I apologize for my tradiness.
But at the very least can we vote to have something like this next season?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #101 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Really? Then i guess i heard wrong. I still not like that rule since thursday games have high injury rate but since I was informed, all is well. Good all those drafting in league 2
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #107 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

FLAG! Ref: ONsides. Everyone but the right tackle
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #112 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Impressive run though honestly, I do not think anyone is out of it yet since playoffs are factored into who does and who does not get relegated. Also with 8 teams in league two, how many are getting promoted and relegated again?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #116 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am not sure if the trades I made at the start of this season made me better, worse, or relatively the same. I am kinda leaning toward same, i end up losing and winning the same total amount. One thing I am certain of is that I am going to lose to tally by 2 yards or 0.2 points assuming there are no recalculations
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #124 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 122, Gammagooey wrote: Though that seems v. mitigated now that Joe Burrow's wrist injury will be taking him out for the rest of the season :(

Joe being out makes me sad.

Deshawn being out makes me glad. Gives me the will to root for the browns. Go PJ and DTR!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #127 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Its week 13 and its time for me to face pooky again. This can mean only 1 thing. Its time to POKE the BEAR!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #133 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got attacked by a bear this week. Over 160 put up on me. With two losses to pooky this season its further clear I lost the supposed last season tie breaker that part of me wanted this season. I will likely have to compete in the 6 team loser bracket where bottom 3 go to league 2 next season.

In hindsight I think I was worse off with trades I made because Borrow got injured and mattison was not always the lead back I hoped him to be. Would have been better to trust in Thelin and a different rb. Had fun and got to try i season here where i had 3 trades so at least I got to experience that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #142 (isolation #23) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am fine with whatever you do. You winning or losing is not gonna effect playoff or relegation since you are 12-1 and its obvious who top 6 with the huge point spread. I personally would drop lazzard for someone even though you are jets fan. I would drop anyone for anyone if i felt it would get me a win.

Back in day panzer went multiple weeks not changing his lineup and leaving in players on bye. He got relegated despite being top 8 because those in charge then. I thought panzer not deserve that since the bottom 4 deserved relegation more since their teams were worse. Also as a result of panzers action, another Player that was in L2 and did not earn advancement was bumped into L1 over panzer. I also disagreed with this since that player did not earn it and it would have led to an L2 season where a bengals fan, steelers fan, browns fan, and ravens fan were all in same 4 team division

Do what you want d3f. You are activly choosing this fate rather than lurking which was main case against pazer then
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #145 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Why you have lazzard? Because he jet? Get conklin if he available. If he not, i not care. You losing or you wining without a te is not going to effect yours or someone elses relegation. Top 6 is decided at this point. Your actions are not like panzers. And your actions are not like when nero benched his last player to deliberately lose and effect playoff seeding, relegations, etc. You are still actively playing the game and could win without a te. You are all good in my book d3f
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #149 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:19 pm

Post by PokerFace »

D3f3nd3r did not start a tight end in week 14. He lost by 30. Considering how the most scored by any tight end then was 27, it would not have mattered. And so the regular season is over
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #152 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yahoo draft day predictions are about as accurate as Mel Kiper
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #154 (isolation #27) » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Here are regular season standings for league 1 for anyone that wants to see those
Spoiler:
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #158 (isolation #28) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 155, Gammagooey wrote: uh I did not watch the game the Raiders scored HOW MANY points?

Yes you could say the chargers defense was a little Stale. Bellicheck could be their new coach next year though I am not sure if he will work from a culture stand point
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #159 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Petapan and yiley have fallen. Tally plays me and PEG plays owls in relegation bracket.

Pablito plays D3f3nd3r and Pooky plays Kilga in winners. Bird and Kdowns fight over 5th
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #162 (isolation #30) » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by PokerFace »

So how am I doing in fantasy this week? Well i can give you 6 reasons why things are not going well. One is an injured running back. Another is an injured kicker. And the final 4 reasons are also why i will have trouble filling out a roster next week, 4 injured wide receivers. Can I get a medic for Xmas over here!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #166 (isolation #31) » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

I will be joining the relegated crew. Lamar jackson kicking my but today. I would wish he not a raven, but then would Flacco be a brown? At least I can root for Cleveland through the nfl playoffs this year

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”