Micro 807: Lynchpin 8p (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Tue May 29, 2018 11:45 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 5, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hi.
First off: we're not lynching townreads to try to hit the lynchpin. We're not lynching at all to try to hit the lynchpin.
Ditto. Absolutely not! It will be worth it to gauge reactions to different wagons that form, though, especially once we get true gamereads going against players. Obviously, scum would hate for the lynchpin to be lynched. That is the quickest way to their faction's elimination.

Concerning lynchpin: I have no experience with any of these players, but I'm going to lock in Creature as my early guess. Rad dragon avatar + experience is already making me hesitant to lynch him.

Vote: Gosrir
. I want to know how many games of mafia experience you are hiding behind for the record book.

As for me, I have played in 10 games myself, including 2 on this site with a username I forget. :facepalm:
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Tue May 29, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

UnrealSeal re: mafia game experience you may as well also reveal; you know the deal!
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #2) » Wed May 30, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

Hey all. Done dirtied up from work today! A moment's time to freshen up, then inform myself of what's went on and I will have something put together.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #3) » Wed May 30, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 47, RadiantCowbells wrote:creature nsg scumteam that's a wrap folks
I like substituting gosrir in there for creature early on; much of his content so far reads like a vacuum: I'm sucked into it, and I can't get the time I spend reading it back out. Further, a lot of it's quite empty, like a space vacuum. Leads me to think his intention is to distract town from the correct lynch.
In post 42, UnrealSeal wrote:Out of curiosity (and also since that puts me at L-2), is your vote a random vote or one with backing behind it?

Either way I
claim Survivor Rainbow Goo
All this did was befuddle me. If you're town, cease being a distraction in short order please! Caused me to take a hard glance at my role PM, only to be met with no character title at all.
In post 52, Gosrir Elmer Odels wrote:NSG hasn't posted yet, I wonder if she'll ever deign to play this game (she's been active elsewhere.) But then again, Creature has also done as much as nothing so far.

It's tempting to push for a policy lynch, especially because it's frustrating how little activity the more experienced players are showing (previously I called Creature borderline new, but I was wrong.)

Nevertheless, I'd rather steer the conversation towards RC because the kind of "idontknow-imdrunk" comment he made is indicative of scum imo. It's a blatant demonstration of his being comfortable with posting in the thread while he doesn't have complete self-control (because of the intoxication.) However, anyone with any experience with this knows that there's practically no risk in drunk posting. Stating your drunkenness can be a risk-free signalling that you're honest with other players, & you're not afraid to speak your own mind with limited filter, & thus this signalling ultimately disingenuous. Hence the vote.
Lots I don't like here. All the passiveness in this post, and then bam; "rc is scum"! --I'm not euphoric about any of the logic used here. Drunk posting is perfectly fine; RC is not certain to be scum because of it. Reads like reaching to me.

More to come
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #4) » Wed May 30, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

Lots of fuss and bother about creature's "to continue my narrative" post. Well, my take on it was that it was
bizarre
, at first anyways. After giving some thought, I now realize narrative can mean "smoothest way in which the game can go for a player." Certainly the wrong word to dive for, but it's possible creature was town hunting for a scummy answer out of UnrealSeal.
In post 75, Creature wrote:northsidegal's gonna be salty when she returns
Slippery, to me, is the term to go with here. It seems she's escaped doing nothing yet; should this trend continue I'd think it wise to dispense of her. We
don't
want to be messing around with a distraction like her--dead weight--while mulling over our best lynch choice to avoid endgame next day phase. If she's scum, next day we'd be force to either a): bet the farm by lynching her. b): track her partner, using the latest tracking technology. or c): lynch the chosen one (lynchpin). C is unlikely. Plus, say she's town: we'd be without her vote too. In LYLO, that's a serious wound to our faction. And anyway,
if scum gets 2 lynches right, they win through both NK's.

I will VOTE: northsidegal; need to hear from her.

I will check back in tomorrow; got a decent bit of clock to burn here then.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #5) » Thu May 31, 2018 10:23 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 40, UnrealSeal wrote:stungun404: I played about 3 games on another old forum (wasn't specifically mafia based but some users ran games) before it shutdown
I would like to know
exactly
how similar these games were to mafia. Can you riddle me that?
In post 83, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am
terrified
of actually producing content, sir. I was just going to call you scum and then tremble in fear at your scum majesty and never follow up on it.
(actually you were at L-2 a day ago and I don't want to risk L-1 and you getting hammered and me being nightkilled before I hammer out who your buddy is.)
Why be terrified? Consider you are lynched or nk'd night 1 and flip town. Tell me, are you
truly happy
to cap off this game with the butterflies in your stomach taking over? This is poison, IMHO. I'd rather you don't endanger town by not leaving enough trustworthy info to refer to next day phase.
In post 88, RadiantCowbells wrote:you say 'vulnerable situation' but I
towntell better when drunk than when I'm town as both alignments.
You're also reading far too much into it, if I wanted to drunkpost for the towncred I'd actually get drunk for it. it's a really terrible read to have that I intentionally lied about being drunk for whatever miniscule advantage it would supposedly give me.
You can't be town as both alignments, so I am struggling to make any sense of this. Please expand.

radiantcowbells,
also please explain why you are so eager to force town towards specific lynches this day phase. In you demand we lynch unrealseal, then in demand a lynch on northsidegal. Can you please settle down with this if you are town? Way too aggressive to yield positive results on D1.
In post 105, UnrealSeal wrote:He definitely is not. Even as we speak the guy's still fucking lurking and depending on you to defend himself for him. If you can give me one GOOD reason that town has to lurk in a setup with no power-roles of any fucking sort, then I'll unvote Creature.
How are you certain he's lurking? Busyness is also possible; can keep you out of this thread like the plague!

I see northsidegal has commented finally.
Unvote: northsidegal
until I develop a better read.

I am locking in UnrealSeal as my first official townread. reads far too aggressively for a newbie who has only 3 games of experience which are not strictly mafia-based to put out as scum, considering I think he would be getting coached from someone from having such little experience.

In post 115, RadiantCowbells wrote:ehh maybe I just can't get past how much I dislike the way you come off. and it's really easy to play the game you have so far as scum
trying to determine your alignment is a gigantic headache,
if this wasn't a setup with only a single mislynch
I'd just lynch but since it is :shrug:
You have been so aggressive with leading other lynch wagons, but now you're being passive? This doesn't add up; and anyway you should know as an experienced player from the math that scum needs 2 mislynches.
In post 126, northsidegal wrote:
In post 119, stungun0404 wrote: I will VOTE: northsidegal; need to hear from her.
did you think voting me would in some cosmic sense influence me into being able to post sooner?
Yes! You posted soon after, so it worked as far as I know.
In post 127, northsidegal wrote:stungun - where did you have those 10 games of experience, and how recently were they?
2 games here; 8 games on pulsemusicboard. I have not played since 2016, however.

As I continue catching up with pages 6/7,
a question to anyone with experience playing with other players in this game: what are strengths/weaknesses you are aware of concerning players in this game, with respect to their alignment?
This goes for radiantcowbells, creature, northsidegal, ceejayvinoya (?), and mohab500.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #6) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:06 am

Post by stungun0404 »

@mohab, since I see you are present, could you please answer my question?
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #7) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:08 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 49, RadiantCowbells wrote:That is a bizarre progression to voting me. you are
probably
scum my good sir.
In post 104, RadiantCowbells wrote:oh I mean creature's still
probably
-ish town
In post 106, RadiantCowbells wrote:oh I was reading the wrong iso

strange

yeah US is still
probably
scum.
In post 136, RadiantCowbells wrote:stungun would
-probably-
be my first pick for scum
then of creature/ceejay hypothetically whoknows
In post 139, RadiantCowbells wrote:actually he's
probably
scum
Why do you keep using the word probably to modify your gamereads? It's concerning me. VOTE: RadiantCowbells. Please explain. This is not helpful to town; you are not giving us enough definite reads should something happen to you.

L-2.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #8) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:28 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 164, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 162, stungun0404 wrote:VOTE: RadiantCowbells. Please explain. This is not helpful to town; you are not giving us enough definite reads should something happen to you.
He called me scum then used a train of thought that revolved around me being town while voting me. It's the version of a scumslip that's a thing that actually happens.
Huh? Never called you scum, just used my vote in hopes to pull more information out of you.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #9) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:30 am

Post by stungun0404 »

I will say, you need to be answering questions if you're on the hotseat, @rc.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #10) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 168, RadiantCowbells wrote:Stungun. I'm townreading you, Gosrir is just complete cancer (likely town but not 100%) but I'm going to do my best to ignore him and try to actually lynch scum today
You read me as town, and yet your vote is still on me. This townread happens right after you scumread me hard. You see what's non-sequitur here? That's a large part of why I'm concerned about you; a lot of your gameplay doesn't logically follow what you say.

@UnrealSeal, I understand your point concerning me looking opportunistic; I can see how you could interpret it that way. However, who the hell that is town wants to sort through a whole bunch of "probablies"/"maybes"/indefinite conclusions to find something substantial the next day phase if, say, RC flips town? Further, the fact that they are not hard reads makes it very easy for scum to hide behind, because a scum rc wouldn't be stirring the pot
at all
. Who is threatened by somebody saying they
probably
think you're scum? What benefit do we get from him saying somebody is
probably
town? So, therefore I don't see the needs for all these probablies; they have no benefit for town moving forward. If you feel something is weak enough to guard it with probablies, you might as well not be apt to say it. I'm saying he's resorting to that too much.

I will warn everybody that I won't be too overly active this weekend, so I'm trying to get that activity out today. Headed to work in another city; might have to take a V/LA.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #11) » Thu May 31, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

I see now. It would have helped avoid confusion if you had just quoted his post, seeing that I had 2 posts between there. Please do that next time!

And what do you mean by expressive? Enlighten me. :]
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #12) » Thu May 31, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 173, RadiantCowbells wrote:Meh. Nevermind maybe?

Voting me isn't going to help get clearer answers out of me and I thought you were saying that stuff while scumreading me which -would- have been a scumclaim.
The thing is, I'm stubborn in just the opposite way. In early game situations, I love using votes to gather information I can use later. They are a good enough threat to get the job done; players usually do not desire to be lynched for a lack of information. So, I'd perhaps be willing to compromise and let you off the hook with my vote
if
you can tell me why you were so aggressive with certain lynches so far; by demanding "we're lynching"
so-and-so
this day phase, as in your and

Otherwise, we're in for a battle of attrition, at least until something piques my interest further.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 179, UnrealSeal wrote:
In post 177, RadiantCowbells wrote:this game is too hard for me.
It's actually quite easy: First we lynch either you or stungun. If your town, then stungun's mafia and vice versa. Creature is confscum.
Let me revoke my stance of you being conftown, because my theory
completely
relied on you being a newbie, which you stated is NOT the case in your post .

And, in fact, I'll let it be known that I despise of posts like this early in the game. Not only are you dictating this lynch, but also the one that follows it. Consider the case where you're scum, both RC and I are town, and we follow this gameplan. We town are endgamed, so all we did was follow the path it would take for you to escape with a scum victory. So I have to say
hell no
to logic like this. We lynch someone because they are scummy, not because 2 people are simply at odds with each other in the thread and
you
find them both scummy.

Saying all this in case I am lynched or nk'd; in that instance please refer back to this

More to come
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 181, Gosrir Elmer Odels wrote: @SG: Who's scum? (Also, I don't think this game is affected by the V/LA status.)
I promise to give you a concrete answer to this Monday when I can iso everybody, OR if I find sth in skimming between now and then. Stuck with mobile devices right now, but absolutely
DO
hold me accountable for this.

On that note,
extend deadline
and
unvote: not mafia
. Not currently comfortable with them being L-2, and me being on the lynch.

More to come
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 169, UnrealSeal wrote:"

I'm gonna try and review some ISO's today because as much I see scum I'm having a hard time determining who town is.
I absolutely have to hold you accountable for this; I don't remember seeing you post this anywhere, and I am very interested to hear what townread you might have. So, I have to ask, did you give up on finding a townread?
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 192, Mohab500 wrote:
@stun, what question do you want me to answer? the one about relations to other playrs, I have no idea, NSG seems town from meta though
That is the correct question! I'll take you at your word with nsg for now, but I'd love to see further content from her.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 202, UnrealSeal wrote:There's nothing risky about that post
he exposed himself as scum
Excuse me, but I want to know
exactly
where you feel I exposed myself as
scum
. Pretty
bold
for you to say that, even with a strikethrough, and it's making me reconsider
your
alignment.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

PLEASE DON'T LYNCH ME BY TOMORROW EVENING, THANKS

I am not leaving this game without giving town my reads on everyone,
period
. I
refuse
to leave my faction with close to no reads in the instance I am lynched. I'm at L-2 right now, and not in the best place to defend myself/push a case elsewhere. There are still 5 full days for us to use, I plead that we make use of at least just
one extra

If I die then, I die. But at least then I'll have the contentness of giving town something in my parting hours, and saying that "hey, I tried my best in spite of my lot in this game". I am not content with dying in my current state.

So I beg you all not to do something foolish and hammer me.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

@callforjudgement, sure thing btw. How do I unvote using the vote coding? Is that possible?
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

not mafia and mohab: y'all shouldn't have joined my lynch wagon so quickly; would have upped our chances of catching scum. i was suspicious of both nsg and creature, and i was going to post that.

But, then again mohab's hammer would have made me think he was scum had I still been in the game, so i can't really blame anyone that hopped on his wagon right away.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

I would love to play another one of these! I feel I could do better the second time around.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

Honestly, in a lylo situation,
one of
not mafia, gosrir, ceejayvinoya, OR mohab should have noticed the situation and have stated that town was in lylo and that if 2 people hopped on the wrong lynch scum could potentially hammer.

Sadly, i would have addressed that myself. :-/ in fact i talked about it being a potential circumstance in one of my earlier game posts in this thread!

It's fair to say that all of town messed up in this game in some way. Nice job scum!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”