Micro 1000: Names on the List v1.01 [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

VOTE: Toby Flenderson

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

-Jimothy [Auro]
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 44, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:
In post 40, Not_Mafia wrote:Bad vote
Would you care to elaborate?
In post 60, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:
In post 49, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 46, The Bulge wrote:do you dislike the wagon or just hatter's vote?
I townread mozamis but Hatter's vote is the only one that strikes me as scummy
So you do care to elaborate, just not to myself. The Hatter will remember this.
Interesting that you're familiar with N_M, yet two out of your three posts are simply asking him if he "cares to elaborate", do you have any other thoughts on the game so far?

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Lmao so the best way to get N_M to post is by imposing a geriatric ruleset upon him

Reverse psychology ftw

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Moz Koba Bugs Bulge town, varying degrees of confidence
N_M Tea Party scum, varying degrees of confidence

Explanations later

-James
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:50 am

Post by Michael Scott »

I resent that accusation, Mr Flenderson; it is not my mathematical skills that are in question, but rather my reading comprehension skills or my ability to pay attention. However, you must have realized that the attack, at its core, remains the same: whether it was two questions asking Not_Mafia on his willingness to elaborate, or just one question and a statement that he does so seemingly dependent upon his own read significance. The problem, as it stands, is that you spent two-thirds of your then posting making commentary upon Not_Mafia, a slot that is classically known for the lack of elaborative, responsive posting. That you demonstrated knowledge of him upon entering the game implies that you must also know that attempting to engage with Not_Mafia would likely lead nowhere, and thus, two-thirds of your then ISO relating to such engagement betrayed, to me, an intention to appear as though you were producing meaningful content without actually doing so. Your perhaps overly defensive reaction to the reads of mine and Mozamis', combined with a challenge to mimick your posting style that some may find difficult to read through and parse given the general decline of attention spans on this website over the past few years, and further stubbornness to provide reads of any sort, do not inspire confidence in me about your slot. However, if you are able to maintain your gimmick of contrivance which I personally enjoy reading, I would be inclined away from placing a vote on you. Sometimes I'll start a sentence, and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way. Like an improv conversation. An improversation.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 80, bugspray wrote:Moz is doing a good job of trying to look busy but those reads are hot garbage and [p]78[/p] is just feels like scum trying to look town by asking someone to contribute to advancing the gamestate in a way that they know the person won't. The follow up right after is probably damaga control after Moz realized that they said something which conflicted with a previous post slightly
No. Moz' post was phrased in a very friendly, non-attacking way. In my experience, scum are slightly likelier to frame these as pro-town-looking attacks rather than a friendly nudge, which makes it seem genuine.

I don't see any blatant contradictions either which would "force" him to say he got townpings off those?

@Hatters: The lack of formatting was intentional, my dear friend Hectic - it is my desire that you put in extra effort to comprehend the train of thought that I so thoughtlessly vomited into the thread.

Your wish to remain on the edges is understandable, yet, we seem to have advanced beyond RVS now - do you not agree?

@Ythan: Wanna talk to me about what you don't like?

@Dunnstral: You realise the padded wall was part of a different gimmick, right? And you didn't even bother to read it, since it wasn't primarily about Not_Mafia - wanna have another go and tell me if you still think it's nonsense?

-James
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 108, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 107, Michael Scott wrote:You realise the padded wall was part of a different gimmick, right?
Then you are unreadable for me
Of course. So you're just leaving the vote there with that conclusion?

@Ythan: have you checked Koba's link? Does that influence your read anyhow?

VOTE: Bulge the slot leaves no impression on me; if Koba moves off it I move off.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 122, The Bulge wrote:
In post 116, Michael Scott wrote:VOTE: Bulge the slot leaves no impression on me; if Koba moves off it I move off.
you had me as town and promised to explain later (which never happened), but now I leave no impression?
Yesh

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:14 am

Post by Michael Scott »

I was shooting heroin and reading “The Fountainhead” in the front seat of my privately owned police cruiser when a call came in. I put a quarter in the radio to activate it. It was the chief.

“Bad news, detective. We got a situation.”

“What? Is the mayor trying to ban trans fats again?”

“Worse. Somebody just stole four hundred and forty-seven million dollars’ worth of bitcoins.”

The heroin needle practically fell out of my arm. “What kind of monster would do something like that? Bitcoins are the ultimate currency: virtual, anonymous, stateless. They represent true economic freedom, not subject to arbitrary manipulation by any government. Do we have any leads?”

“Not yet. But mark my words: we’re going to figure out who did this and we’re going to take them down … provided someone pays us a fair market rate to do so.”

“Easy, chief,” I said. “Any rate the market offers is, by definition, fair.”

He laughed. “That’s why you’re the best I got, Lisowski. Now you get out there and find those bitcoins.”

“Don’t worry,” I said. “I’m on it.”

I put a quarter in the siren. Ten minutes later, I was on the scene. It was a normal office building, strangled on all sides by public sidewalks. I hopped over them and went inside.

“Home Depot™ Presents the Police!®” I said, flashing my badge and my gun and a small picture of Ron Paul. “Nobody move unless you want to!” They didn’t.

“Now, which one of you punks is going to pay me to investigate this crime?” No one spoke up.

“Come on,” I said. “Don’t you all understand that the protection of private property is the foundation of all personal liberty?”

It didn’t seem like they did.

“Seriously, guys. Without a strong economic motivator, I’m just going to stand here and not solve this case. Cash is fine, but I prefer being paid in gold bullion or autographed Penn Jillette posters.”

Nothing. These people were stonewalling me. It almost seemed like they didn’t care that a fortune in computer money invented to buy drugs was missing.

I figured I could wait them out. I lit several cigarettes indoors. A pregnant lady coughed, and I told her that secondhand smoke is a myth. Just then, a man in glasses made a break for it.

“Subway™ Eat Fresh and Freeze, Scumbag!®” I yelled.

Too late. He was already out the front door. I went after him.

“Stop right there!” I yelled as I ran. He was faster than me because I always try to avoid stepping on public sidewalks. Our country needs a private-sidewalk voucher system, but, thanks to the incestuous interplay between our corrupt federal government and the public-sidewalk lobby, it will never happen.

I was losing him. “Listen, I’ll pay you to stop!” I yelled. “What would you consider an appropriate price point for stopping? I’ll offer you a thirteenth of an ounce of gold and a gently worn ‘Bob Barr ‘08’ extra-large long-sleeved men’s T-shirt!”

He turned. In his hand was a revolver that the Constitution said he had every right to own. He fired at me and missed. I pulled my own gun, put a quarter in it, and fired back. The bullet lodged in a U.S.P.S. mailbox less than a foot from his head. I shot the mailbox again, on purpose.

“All right, all right!” the man yelled, throwing down his weapon. “I give up, cop! I confess: I took the bitcoins.”

“Why’d you do it?” I asked, as I slapped a pair of Oikos™ Greek Yogurt Presents Handcuffs® on the guy.

“Because I was afraid.”

“Afraid?”

“Afraid of an economic future free from the pernicious meddling of central bankers,” he said. “I’m a central banker.”

I wanted to coldcock the guy. Years ago, a central banker killed my partner. Instead, I shook my head.

“Let this be a message to all your central-banker friends out on the street,” I said. “No matter how many bitcoins you steal, you’ll never take away the dream of an open society based on the principles of personal and economic freedom.”

He nodded, because he knew I was right. Then he swiped his credit card to pay me for arresting him.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:10 am

Post by Michael Scott »

No. People are bored, Mozamis wagon feels lazy. :P

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Glad you liked the copypasta hehe :P
Not too many strong thoughts, but anyway,

1. I dislike Dunn's reaction to me calling me unreadable and then disappearing.
2. I agree with the Koba townread.
3. If Mad Hatters is familiar with me, I would scumread them - but their post seems to indicate they're not. However, they seem to be implying that reads are the only form of content, ignoring my questioning attacks on people (refer to ISO). Yes, I'm not -pushing hard and deep- on those lines of attack, but I'd like to hear if you believe that they are non-contributions, Mad Hatter.
4. I think the Mozamis' wagon is bleh. As to Bugspray's recent post on that - mozamis' fluffpost seems like the type of content scum would take care *not* to post. I think that uncreative scum don't just blatantly express to prod dodge that way, and given Bugspray's vote having already been on moazamis I'm not liking that post at all.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Michael Scott »

VOTE: Dunnstral

There.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 107, Michael Scott wrote:You realise the padded wall was part of a different gimmick, right?
In post 155, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 138, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:Because quite frankly I believe people are scared of breaching their posting restriction.

The following is not optional. I would like to see a "Gun to Head" solve, or top town reads from everyone, justification is optional. The game is stagnant, people have complained about my reads, so lets get some out there.

My solve currently stands at Mozamies, Ythan and Michael Scott. While I do have a gimmick, at least I am capable of contributing more than a story of capitalism, and attempt to create some consistency that isn't a simple tirade of verbose visual vomit.
I'm not hard townreading anyone but I'll say:

dkkoba/moz/bulge
ythan/not_mafia
Mad hatter/bugspray
Michael

Something like that
In post 160, Dunnstral wrote:But why
>"You are unreadable then"
> Bottom of reads list
> Ignores my attack pointing it out

:neutral:

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 179, mozamis wrote:I find that post from Hatter quite town, "instigate discussion". Most scum happy to sit back quiet at this point.
What's so difficult in saying that? And walk me through how Dunnstral is town? He literally voted me, said I'm unreadable, ignored me and kept me at the bottom of his reads, that doesn't look like bad faith to you?

I don't get how bugspray's question last page was a fake slip, I don't see why scum would "fake" that kind of "slip" or am I misunderstanding?

Bugspray wagon there doesn't seem to be much resistance, I'd expect scum would panic a little more if scum were wagoned :shrug: how did you arrive at the conclusion that you're tvt, Bugspray?

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

VOTE: Mozamis
Choo choo!

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:01 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 244, mozamis wrote:I have re-read the first five pages, and ignoring their personas/stylistic fluff, there isn't much from Michael or Hatter.
I'm slightly worried that I have been pocketed by Michael as well, I found his posts funny. So reversing some of my reads.
The obvious is that Moz,Dunn, DKK, Bulge, Bugspray are town.
So scum in: Hatter, Michael, NM, Ythan.
You can string me up for changing my mind a lot, I appreciate it's unhelpful.
But I will only be voting for Hatter, Mike, Nm or Ythan today.
And before any of those four complain: you just dont look as town as the others. If you are town, sorry. If you are scum, then cool.
Why is Dunn now back to being a strong townread for you? You mentioned re-reading the first five pages, but it isn't clear if you are back to townreading Dunn for the same reason that you originally townread him for, or if you are townreading him over his posts that he made after your , which is when you talked about scumreading him.

I think you are throwing out some fairly "easy" townreads that don't really have any substance. Commenting on the fact that Bugspray came back to the thread 30 minutes after their last post to say "Koba town" is not something that is significantly more likely to come from town!Dunn compared to scum!Dunn. It's an easy observation to make, and it was on page one, so there wasn't a lot for Dunn to comment on at the time in any case. You've gone back-and-forth on Dunn, but this is the only thing you've mentioned regarding your townread on him.

You've basically done the same thing with Bugspray. You mentioned their , but I interpreted that as Bugspray simply saying that they wanted Not_Mafia to join your wagon, so that people wouldn't be hesitant to put you up to E-1. Given that Not_Mafia is known for quickhammering, I don't think that Bugspray was even trying to be insulting here, they were just stating the fact that the only way that your wagon could get up to E-1 is if Not_Mafia himself joined the wagon. Based on that I think Bugspray's tone in that post is NAI. And aside from bringing up this post, the only other thing you've said about your Bugspray townread is that they've been posting very freely.

If there is more to your townreads on either of these slots, then you should elaborate further on why it's "obvious" that they are both town. I'd also like to know why you were townreading my slot (specifically Auro, since this is my first time posting) previously. I know you no longer have my slot in your townreads, but when you did, you only mentioned that Auro's vote on you was bold because it put more pressure on your slot. Was that your only reason for townreading Auro at the time, or was there more to it then that?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:12 am

Post by Michael Scott »

My hot take at the moment is that Moz and Dunn are both likely scum, although I don’t know who is most likely to be the third scum. I don’t think Bugspray is likely to be partnered with Moz and Dunn, as I don’t see scum!Moz giving both of his partners “easy” townreads. And Bugspray put actual pressure on Moz by keeping him at E-2 for several days, whereas Moz and Dunn have both mutually shaded each other, but neither has voted/pressured the other.

I’m scumreading Dunn because he’s been content to park his vote on our slot without explaining why he scumreads us, and he basically ignored Auro when Auro tried to engage with him.

pedit: I don't want to put Moz into Not_Mafia quickhammer range, so I'm switching my vote to Dunn.

VOTE: Dunn

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:17 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 214, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 161, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 155, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 138, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:Because quite frankly I believe people are scared of breaching their posting restriction.

The following is not optional. I would like to see a "Gun to Head" solve, or top town reads from everyone, justification is optional. The game is stagnant, people have complained about my reads, so lets get some out there.

My solve currently stands at Mozamies, Ythan and Michael Scott. While I do have a gimmick, at least I am capable of contributing more than a story of capitalism, and attempt to create some consistency that isn't a simple tirade of verbose visual vomit.
I'm not hard townreading anyone but I'll say:

dkkoba/moz/bulge
ythan/not_mafia
Mad hatter/bugspray
Michael

Something like that
In post 160, Dunnstral wrote:But why
>"You are unreadable then"
> Bottom of reads list
> Ignores my attack pointing it out

:neutral:

-Jimothy
I don't think you have been towny
You still never really responded to the points that Auro brought up, other than saying that you haven’t found him towny (without explaining why).

I’m just barely getting into the game, but does my content so far affect your read on Auro and I one way or the other?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Woohoo, my partner is in the game now, muuhauhauhah. I'll be busy for another day.

I'm feeling a little conflicted on Mozamis' slot, actually, thinking about it further it loose jumpy posting actually feels organic, where I believe as scum your positions and even general posting, especially in a slow game like this, would tend to remain stiff. Mad Hatter's posts feel a lot like they're trying to reach specific reads. Also, note to check if Bulge has been off site recently - else the drop in activity is concerning as it may reflect an inability to maintain the initial burst of energy.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 268, Rathe wrote:i think mad hatters and michael scott are mafia
I think Moz and Hatter are most likely opposite alignments. Why are you leaning towards scum!Hatter?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:51 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 274, Rathe wrote:
In post 272, Michael Scott wrote:I think Moz and Hatter are most likely opposite alignments. Why are you leaning towards scum!Hatter?
i think so too

lots of reasons
i think mozamis is probably just town mafia r mostly not voted day 1
jumped on mozamis too easy n with no reason
voted for ythan cuz of lack of sincerity how do u fight that its subjective
posts have no substance writes a lot but says nothing
doesnt rly sort
i townread a lot of slots
I think scum!Moz implies town!Hatter, so I’m townreading Hatter based on that.

I don’t think the fact that Moz got wagoned suggests that he is town. Plus, his wagon has faced some resistance. He got up to E-2 early on in the game, but then his wagon collapsed for a while before it came back.

Moz has done a lot of readslists and flipping of reads, but I don’t see where he is coming from on some of his reads. He seems to be townreading Dunn over a post from page one, and he hasn’t really gone into detail over his Bugspray townread other than citing a post from page two. He hasn’t elaborated further on these reads, even when I asked him to do so.

And now Moz is townreading Hatter over the pronoun clash. I think that Hatter was seriously offended by what Moz did, and I don’t think that the way that Hatter reacted towards Moz with respect to pronouns had anything to do with Hatter’s alignment. IMO, Moz is giving town points to Hatter over NAI behavior. I felt the same way when Moz gave town points to Bugspray over their .

Moz is changing his reads a lot, but the way that he is doing it feels forced to me.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:55 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 306, Rathe wrote:i think the bulge ythan not mafia n dunnstral r probably town
mozamis u did change ur reads but I guess it was strange how u did it was like flip flop
mad hatter i think u r mafia i dont want to battle too much with u
In post 165, bugspray wrote:oh my god i think the koba effort sr on me is bad faith
koba is actually scum this game
VOTE: dkkoba
In post 182, bugspray wrote:me and koba is tvt
VOTE: unvote

adding UNVOTE: because the votecounter is stupid -D
this is weird but maybe u can say to me more what u r thinking with dkkoba
Can you talk more about your townread on Dunn? I’m scumreading Dunn so I’m interested in this read.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 342, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:Then the matter falls down to are we willing to investigate the wagon formations yesterday, I imagine some people have a bone to pick with myself as a result, or do we wish to obtain the list prior to this?
Probably good to have list information first.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:34 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Innnnnnterestingggggg

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Not_Mafia has performed his scumtell, by the way.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Not_Mafia as town places votes actively while not really reasoning through them, but you can figure that he's pushing the game forward. ISO him here. His only vote was Moz who he called town for "redacted reasons" earlier.

The specific scumtell, as I see it, is his declaring *intent* to want to hop on to
a Mad Hatters lim while not actually just voting there. It looks like an attempt to blend in. Do read past NM games and check for yourselves.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

He strategically makes relevant-sounding posts that sound like that at points where people just end up townreading him for them.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Subject: Open 806 - Dead/Spectator Chat
Auro wrote:Not_Mafia is
scum!
Recent game where I was spectating and called it early on based on this tell.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:08 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 378, volxen wrote:@Rathe, why did you hammer Moz with four days left until the deadline? Your most notable stance on day one was that you believed that Hatter and Auro/me are scum together. You also agreed with my assessment that it was very unlikely that Moz and Hatter were scum together. Your stances suggest that you were townreading Moz, so why didn’t you attempt to push either Hatter or us with the time that you had left?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #30) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:11 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 315, Rathe wrote:
In post 308, Michael Scott wrote:Can you talk more about your townread on Dunn? I’m scumreading Dunn so I’m interested in this read.
i dont know if i believe that u rly scumread him
y did it take u so long to vote for him n not until dkkoba prompted u
maybe he should not have kept his vote and talk to u more but i like his and none of the posts ping me
did u ever go back to
In post 309, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:That you immediately jumped to this being a battle speaks volumes about how you consider me and my positions in this game.
yes i think u r mafia
In post 311, Dunnstral wrote:That's a lot of townreads. That leaves 4 people, excluding yourself, 3 of which would be scum. How confident are you?
yes it does i could be wrong but i have to play like im right so i not pointless
maybe last mafia is bugspray or mozamis
i will wait for bugspray n then i will hammer

I don’t see how you could have thought that the scumteam was Hatter/Moz/us on day one. That would have meant that Hatter and Auro/me were both hard-bussing Moz with no attempt at pushing for a mis-elimination, which is not a likely scenario.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 382, Rathe wrote:i didnt think that
In that post that I quoted, you said you thought that Hatter is scum and that the last scum is either Moz or Bugspray. In previous posts before that on day one you said thought that Hatter and us are scum together. Meaning that your stance on day one was that the scumteam was either Hatter/us/Moz or Hatter/us/Bugspray.

Are you saying that you thought the scumteam was Hatter/us/Bugspray at the time that you hammered Moz?

Also happy scumday, @Datisi! :cool:

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #32) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:49 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 382, Rathe wrote:what do u think about hatter n bugspray
I’m more suspicious of you over Hatter at the moment. Your stances on day one suggests that you had no business hammering Moz with four days left on the clock.

Regarding Bugspray, I don’t like their push on Bulge just because Bulge was a counter-wagon to Moz on day one.

I also thought this post from Bugspray was strange:
In post 317, bugspray wrote:one of tyhe ppl simping for mozam town is scum for towncred
i think today is a 1 on 1 off
Because Bugspray was doing exactly what they were talking about here on day one, namely defending Moz and calling the slot town after they switched their vote to Bulge. In fact, towards the end of day one I think Bugspray was the only person that didn’t voice any suspicions of Moz.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #33) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:52 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 387, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 367, Rathe wrote:
In post 364, Dunnstral wrote:My gut reaction to this is that there's 1 scum in the first 3 names and 1 in the last 2 names
who
Well, not me...

Other than that, 2 of 4

In your grouping I have reasons to suspect hatter and reasons to suspect michael
Why are you townreading Rathe?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #34) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:54 am

Post by Michael Scott »

VOTE: Not_Mafia

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #35) » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:18 am

Post by Michael Scott »

@Bulge, I don’t think scum!Hatter comes out of the gate today and starts by pushing for an off-list mis-elimination, when they themselves are off the list (e.g. , , etc.). If Hatter is scum and there is an off-list mis-elimination today, then that just puts them in a difficult 1vs1 tomorrow. Your argument wrt to Hatter’s push on Rathe is that they are taking advantage of the fact that Rathe is new, and that scum!Hatter would be inclined to put themselves off-list with Rathe to setup a 1vs1.

I could see why scum!Hatter might target Rathe specifically for a 1vs1, but I don’t think they would push for that 1vs1 to take place today. The better move, given how much heat Hatter has taken, would be to instead push for an on-list mis-elimination today, and then try to push Rathe as the final mis-elimination. Yes, Hatter did join us on Not_Mafia, but they also have put themselves in a position where it would be difficult for them to back off of their Rathe scumread if Rathe did become wagoned given their stances. If Auro and I started a wagon against Rathe and that wagon gained traction, then scum!Hatter is forced to join that wagon and then deal with the fallout (i.e., a 1vs1 against us) after Rathe flips town. If Hatter is scum, then I think they would want to avoid that scenario.

What I would expect from scum!Hatter with an off-list group of {us, Rathe, Hatter} is to not fully commit to wanting to push either of Rathe or us. They might claim to strongly scumread Rathe, but they would feign some suspicion of our slot to justify wanting to eliminate from the on-list group. The fact that Hatter has taken such a hardline stance on Rathe being scum is part of the reason why I think town!Hatter and scum!Rathe is much more likely than the other way around. I also still don’t buy that town!Rathe thought the scumteam was Hatter/us/Bugspray on day one but hammered Moz anyways because he thought it was pointless to try and push someone that he scumread.

Also, happy (belated) birthday Not_Mafia.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (isolation #36) » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:24 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 455, Rathe wrote:453 is mafia u r doing the same thing with me n mad hatter that u did for mozamis n mad hatter
You and Hatter can't both be town fmpov, so I don't know what else you would expect here.

In post 455, Rathe wrote:this is wrong i already said what I said i am not the type of player to do that i did not say it was pointless
i vote for mafia and that is all
VOTE: Michael Scott
My point was that I don't think town!you hammers Moz when you thought the scumteam was Hatter/us/Bugspray. You and I have gone back-and-forth on this, but your own posts make it clear that you weren't scumreading Moz. The distinction of "not that type of player" vs "pointless" is not relevant as it doesn't change the underlying point that I'm making about you.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #37) » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:30 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

@Rathe, why didn’t you take issue with my scumread of you prior to ? I’ve been clear about scumreading you since this day began, and in that post I mainly talked more about why I think Hatter is town. Up until now you seemed to be content with the Hatter wagon, and when you were pushing Hatter as a scumread you didn’t really seem to have any interest in trying to convince Auro and I that you are town and that we should join you in voting for Hatter. I’m not buying that only now you are suspicious of my push on you and that your view of us vs Hatter has completely flipped, because my reason for scumreading you hasn’t changed since this day started.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:11 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 403, Rathe wrote:i dont know about michael scott n the notmafia is scum read
i dont know of a way to prove it
i probably wouldnt vote with michael scott
In post 432, Rathe wrote:VOTE: mad hatter
In post 456, Rathe wrote:maybe i am wrong about u mad hatter
In post 457, Rathe wrote:what if not mafia is town mad hatter but u r following michael scott
@Ythan, The Bulge, Bugspray:
It's quite clear Rathe is trying to shift off Not_Mafia. Tries to cast doubt on us, votes Mad Hatter, again appeals to Mad Hatter when they continue to sheep our N_M read, and now tries to shift the scumread to us.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #39) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:04 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 504, Rathe wrote:
In post 494, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:Then I would like you to towncase me, given your voting behaviour, this could be interesting.

I wish to see, with as much detail as you can muster, why you now believe that I am town.
people always ask me things i already answer
look back at my posts and then ask me something u dont get
im not doing all that for u or michael scott or anybody
i have given my thoughts if u want to know just read
You didn’t really answer Hatter’s question. All you said before was that you found my towncase of Hatter to be compelling, and that you therefore believe that Hatter is town and that Auro and I are scum. You didn’t provide any reasons of your own for townreading Hatter.

And on that note – If you found my towncase on Hatter to be compelling, why didn’t you say anything about that when you initially responded to it? For context, after my :
In post 455, Rathe wrote: is mafia u r doing the same thing with me n mad hatter that u did for mozamis n mad hatter
In post 453, Michael Scott wrote:I also still don’t buy that town!Rathe thought the scumteam was Hatter/us/Bugspray on day one but hammered Moz anyways because he thought it was pointless to try and push someone that he scumread.
this is wrong i already said what I said i am not the type of player to do that i did not say it was pointless
In post 464, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 455, Rathe wrote:453 is mafia u r doing the same thing with me n mad hatter that u did for mozamis n mad hatter
You and Hatter can't both be town fmpov, so I don't know what else you would expect here.

In post 455, Rathe wrote:this is wrong i already said what I said i am not the type of player to do that i did not say it was pointless
My point was that I don't think town!you hammers Moz when you thought the scumteam was Hatter/us/Bugspray. You and I have gone back-and-forth on this, but your own posts make it clear that you weren't scumreading Moz. The distinction of "not that type of player" vs "pointless" is not relevant as it doesn't change the underlying point that I'm making about you.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
In post 465, Michael Scott wrote:@Rathe, why didn’t you take issue with my scumread of you prior to ? I’ve been clear about scumreading you since this day began, and in that post I mainly talked more about why I think Hatter is town. Up until now you seemed to be content with the Hatter wagon, and when you were pushing Hatter as a scumread you didn’t really seem to have any interest in trying to convince Auro and I that you are town and that we should join you in voting for Hatter. I’m not buying that only now you are suspicious of my push on you and that your view of us vs Hatter has completely flipped, because my reason for scumreading you hasn’t changed since this day started.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
In post 473, Rathe wrote:u backed urself to a corner with
u gave a good point about mad hatter not being mafia
i agree cuz it makes sense but
then u had to scumread me
but u r wrong cuz i am not mafia
but i think u know that
When you initially reacted to my Hatter towncase, you claimed to be scumreading us at least in part because I supposedly misreped you with the whole “pointless” vs "I’m not the type of player to do that” thing. You were trying to argue that it was a misrep because you didn’t use the word “pointless” in your . When I point out that this was in fact not a misrepresentation of what you said – because that distinction doesn’t change the point that I was making about you – you backed off of this argument and instead claimed that you were now townreading Hatter because you found the towncase itself to be convincing.

If you really found the towncase itself to be convincing, then you would have said so up front. Not only after first trying to falsely claim that I was misreping you.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 481, The Bulge wrote:however I will take a look at this later.
Here:

Spoiler:
Relevant posts from day one:
In post 268, Rathe wrote:i think mad hatters and michael scott are mafia
In post 274, Rathe wrote:
In post 272, Michael Scott wrote:I think Moz and Hatter are most likely opposite alignments. Why are you leaning towards scum!Hatter?
i think so too

lots of reasons
i think mozamis is probably just town mafia r mostly not voted day 1
jumped on mozamis too easy n with no reason
voted for ythan cuz of lack of sincerity how do u fight that its subjective
posts have no substance writes a lot but says nothing
doesnt rly sort
i townread a lot of slots
In post 306, Rathe wrote:i think the bulge ythan not mafia n dunnstral r probably town
mozamis u did change ur reads but I guess it was strange how u did it was like flip flop
mad hatter i think u r mafia i dont want to battle too much with u
In post 165, bugspray wrote:oh my god i think the koba effort sr on me is bad faith
koba is actually scum this game
VOTE: dkkoba
In post 182, bugspray wrote:me and koba is tvt
VOTE: unvote

adding UNVOTE: because the votecounter is stupid -D
this is weird but maybe u can say to me more what u r thinking with dkkoba
In post 315, Rathe wrote:
In post 308, Michael Scott wrote:Can you talk more about your townread on Dunn? I’m scumreading Dunn so I’m interested in this read.
i dont know if i believe that u rly scumread him
y did it take u so long to vote for him n not until dkkoba prompted u
maybe he should not have kept his vote and talk to u more but i like his and none of the posts ping me
did u ever go back to
In post 309, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:That you immediately jumped to this being a battle speaks volumes about how you consider me and my positions in this game.
yes i think u r mafia
In post 311, Dunnstral wrote:That's a lot of townreads. That leaves 4 people, excluding yourself, 3 of which would be scum. How confident are you?
yes it does i could be wrong but i have to play like im right so i not pointless
maybe last mafia is bugspray or mozamis
i will wait for bugspray n then i will hammer
So just going by those posts from Rathe on day one, it’s clear that he claimed to believe 1) that Bulge, Ythan, Dunn, and Not_Mafia are town, 2) that Hatter and Auro and I are scum, and 3) that the last scum is either Moz or Bugspray.

Relevant day two posts:
In post 381, Rathe wrote:
In post 378, volxen wrote:@Rathe, why did you hammer Moz with four days left until the deadline? Your most notable stance on day one was that you believed that Hatter and Auro/me are scum together. You also agreed with my assessment that it was very unlikely that Moz and Hatter were scum together. Your stances suggest that you were townreading Moz, so why didn’t you attempt to push either Hatter or us with the time that you had left?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
everyone wanted to vote mozamis
it would be more work trying to convince everyone im not that kinda player
everyone now knows he was town n can work with that
In post 382, Rathe wrote:
In post 380, Michael Scott wrote:I don’t see how you could have thought that the scumteam was Hatter/Moz/us on day one. That would have meant that Hatter and Auro/me were both hard-bussing Moz with no attempt at pushing for a mis-elimination, which is not a likely scenario.
i didnt think that
what do u think about hatter n bugspray
So at this point, Rathe claimed that at the time that he hammered Moz, he did not believe that the scumteam was Hatter/Moz/Us. Which means, based on all of the posts quoted above, that he is claiming that he believed that the scumteam was Hatter/us/Bugspray at the time that he hammered Moz. This is what he is referring to in 381 when he said, “everyone wanted to vote mozamis, it would be more work trying to convince everyone im not that kinda player” in response to me pressing him on why he hammered Moz with four days left on the clock despite claiming to townread him.
In post 404, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 382, Rathe wrote:i didnt think that
In that post that I quoted, you said you thought that Hatter is scum and that the last scum is either Moz or Bugspray. In previous posts before that on day one you said thought that Hatter and us are scum together. Meaning that your stance on day one was that the scumteam was either Hatter/us/Moz or Hatter/us/Bugspray.

Are you saying that you thought the scumteam was Hatter/us/Bugspray at the time that you hammered Moz?

Also happy scumday, @Datisi! :cool:

- Date Mike (Volxen)
In post 407, Rathe wrote:i already answered ur question in
VOTE: bugspray

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #41) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:25 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 526, Rathe wrote:
In post 512, Michael Scott wrote:You didn’t really answer Hatter’s question. All you said before was that you found my towncase of Hatter to be compelling, and that you therefore believe that Hatter is town and that Auro and I are scum. You didn’t provide any reasons of your own for townreading Hatter.
things changed when it was revealed u r not partners
i didnt know who was mafia between u
u said u have a scum read on notmafia but u havent interacted with notmafia to see if u r wrong
notmafia has also not said anything n he was at three votes
this makes me think u may be partners with him n he is ok with an elimination
u get the townpoints n u go to victory
so it doesnt matter y i townread mad hatter now
whats important is i think u r mafia
Auro already went into detail on the Not_Mafia scumtell. Are you only scumreading Not_Mafia based on associatives with us?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (isolation #42) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:03 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

@The Bulge:
If we were setting up a purposeful dichotomy between Moz and Mad Hatters, wouldn't you expect us to follow up on it post flip? I'm not even sure why we would hypothetically have to fabricate complex trajectories just to push LHF.

Honestly I've sorta been distracted by RL work and haven't been paying attention to MS, but I'm pretty happy with the N_M read. I'll review your post again and respond to it as soon as I can.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #43) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

@Bulge, why are you more interested in my towncase on Hatter vs my scumcase on Rathe, when I’ve talked about the latter more than the former? You basically dissected every point I made in that post about Hatter, while you haven’t directly commented on my scumcase on Rathe, even after I reiterated the case again in . Your suggested that you would be looking into this yourself, but then you never elaborated on how Rathe’s content affects your read on the slot one way or the other.

In fact, you haven’t really talked about your read on Rathe. All you’ve said is that you didn’t find Koba to be scummy upon a re-read in , which was the same stance you had towards the slot at the beginning of day one. Koba’s content aside, what do you find towny about Rathe?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #44) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:57 am

Post by Michael Scott »

If we publish the list we lose right? Since the doom counter increments?

The tell... Not_Mafia has historically done that as scum (post in a "wow N_M is being useful!" way with great strategic timing) while he just does his own thing as town. I think I latched on to some of his posts as appearing that way and conf biased myself as the game continued around it. The_Bulge's panic leading up to EOD seems a bit uncharacteristic for scum who knew the lim was gonna flip town, doesn't it Hatter?

Rathe I can't help but feel you're playing a bit of an appeasement game, are you highly confident in it being Hatter as opposed to us?

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #45) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:14 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Yeah nevermind me, I read the rules again.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #46) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

VOTE: Mad Hatters Tea Party
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (isolation #47) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 648, The Bulge wrote:I think the geriatric rules should be tweaked to allow for more posting in the early game, especially in a game with as few players as this. with a stronger start i doubt the game would have petered out as quick as it did, but it felt like we never got the ball rolling here in the first place, really.
I' m not sure I agree with this, geriatric games are supposed to be verrrrrrrry slooooooooooow :P

And, a lot of people weren't really using anywhere near the 10 posts per day limit in any case as the game moved on. The pace of this game was great for me, but then again I love super slow paced games, which is why I asked Datisi to run this game as geriatric after the first Names on the List game ended.

I do think Names on the List is a great setup, and I look forward to getting to play a geriatric version of this setup as town someday. :)

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 655, bugspray wrote:@mod next time dont give scum daytalk in yeetlo
The setup is balanced around scum always having daytalk though.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

@Datisi Auro and I are good with the scum PT being released. Thank you so much for modding this game! :)

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 669, DkKoba wrote:if i was still in the game town would have won ~~

town fucked up majorly by going inside the list rather than outside - which was suboptimal. once you find scum outside list, you get a better idea of the gamestate and can publish another list.
Yeah, when we were making the list we thought town might be more inclined to eliminate in the list vs off the list because of the 40% chance vs 33.3333~% chance of hitting scum. But despite the lower odds of a mis-elimination off list, the reward is greater since you only need one scum elimination to instantly get two confirmed townies. I didn't anticipate that most of the town would strongly want this but it makes sense, since eliminating off-list is slightly more risky but with a much greater upfront reward.

The whole thing was sort of ironic, because I initially made an error with the setup -- for some reason I was thinking it was the doom counter rather than parity that was capped at 3. So when I made the off-list {Rathe, Hatter, MS}, I was thinking we would win if Hatter got mis-eliminated following Moz's mis-elimination and the publishing of the first list (basically I thought this part was the same as the first run of Names on the List, which I was in briefly before I replaced out). When I realized this mistake, I decided to push Rathe as scum (rather than Hatter) because I didn't want to be in the situation where Hatter got eliminated and then Auro and I would be in a 1vs1 against Rathe in endgame. So I decided on hard pushing Rathe, with the expectation that it was unlikely that Rathe would be the second person to be eliminated. At the same time, it worked out well for us that town was so divided on day three and that Hatter believed in our Not_Mafia scumtell, which put Not_Mafia up to 3 votes before anyone else received this many votes. And I think some people also didn't realize that with the plurality system, whoever was the first person to get to X votes would be eliminated in the event of a tie.

But the end of day three was still a nail-bitter, because Auro and I got up to 2 votes at one point (Bulge, Rathe) right before the deadline, and we weren't sure if Bugspray and Not_Mafia were going to come in and both vote for us and put us up to 4 votes right before the deadline.

- Date Mike (Volxen)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”