Micro 1023 - The Coalition: TBotITGBSMoD [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:50 pm

Post by Black Ranger »

i read the first 4 pages and only managed to get a townread on imp

simply because i really hated post . it looked like a giant spotlight saying, "hey, there's scum in here". when you point at one person it's tough to have something stick but when you spotlight two players it's a lot easier to have criticism to be valid for at least one of them. based on the state of this page i'd say it had an effect.

HEAL: implosion
HEAL: Uncle Shelby
HEAL: Black Ranger

VOTE: CheekofGamma
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:51 pm

Post by Black Ranger »

imp, what's a good GL take? I'll read up in the morning and see if I get there.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:05 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 323, Uncle Shelby wrote:Now this is interesting. To be clear, my understanding of calling two players "unaligned" is that they are not S-S, not necessarily that it is S-T. I believe this was Cheeky's intention as well iirc. Anyway, 11 posts later, I said the same thing about Iverson/Cheek, but I've ended up in your coalition, and Cheek ends up with a vote? I'm not sure I understand your process.
I thought it was a pointless post by CheekofGamma and by pointing to the crossvote interaction they were pointing to the players with negative attention.

I thought your post was equally as pointless because it dealt with RQS but there was no real tension between those players. No real decision to be made that could break us out of RVS.

I liked you because you questioned Vulture's experience with the game because I had a negative reaction to vulture's information instead of analysis approach. Knowing whether they were an alt or not is valuable information to solve that slot. I mostly threw you in the coalition to see who would be interested in me doing so.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:08 am

Post by Black Ranger »

I like Art :(
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 336, implosion wrote:
In post 332, Black Ranger wrote:I like Art :(
As town? If so, why?
I want them to know that their work is appreciated so we get more ms paints
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:39 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 115, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 94, The Coalition wrote:GL reasoning works backwards, starting at "this person is X" and then tries to manufacture reasons for it. I'm not sure where people get townreads on that but its like blatantly scum and I'm vetoing all coalitions with them on it.
a) where do you see me doing that?
b) Do you disagree with any of my townreads (Iverson, Cheek, Vulture) in my coalition? If not, this is a bizarrely harsh reaction to the fact that I'm scumreading you
I really liked 94. The "fuck you and the horse you rode in on" vibe I'm getting does read completely like bravado and may even be performative. How has The Coaltion being outed as Koba as of post 128 effected how you feel about the theatrics of their behavior?

Also, what experience do you have with Koba? I'm looking over MN 2199 (starting at day 2) and MN 2205 to spot a difference.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:46 am

Post by Black Ranger »

@Cheeky head

What's your take on this post?
In post 134, implosion wrote:
Iverson wrote:Implosion is oldschool and sees scum focus on mech like clockwork and he should be shot on sight.
This is, not true? I generally don't consider almost anything like "focusing on mech" to be alignment-indicative outside of context, and I think the context of the tone in which Vulture did it is townish.

Scum might focus on mechanics sometimes but it was page three and and Vulture had already said they were going to drop it at that point.
And is your read on Vulture dependent on your read on implosion?
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:11 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 431, The Coalition wrote:Did you spot the difference?
There's subtle differences.

You interacted a lot more with Elsa (town game) than Asteria (scum game). Elsa was scum to you for not doing enough to be townie (your disappointment was a driving factor in parking them for so long) and Asteria was scum because they checked somebody you (claimed weak vig) said you would have shot, but what really went on in 2205 is that you were pushing shading your partner and jumped ship onto Asteria and tied them to Anya. Asteria was more collateral damage as a result of your narrative. I didn't read the entire game but I want to read the entirety of day 4 some time just to see how the town let your team sweep them. The bait and switch seemed obvious with flips on the board. Overall I felt you were more of an observer that let the town kill itself which contrasts with the town game.

I feel like there's tonal tells but rather than say them I'd prefer to wait until something concrete with them comes up.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:16 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 435, Vulture wrote:
In post 434, The Cheek of Gamma wrote:
In post 408, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cuz my boy Prism told me Implosion's a scumbag and I can always blame him if the read is wrong.

Also I'm just sticking to townteaming the people I think I have a decent read on and I'm not gonna bother trying to read people I might not be able to read well.
>:/
so you're just reading implosion based on the say-so of your predecessor? That seems like a pretty shitty way to play. If your predecessor is wrong, it allows for no correction of the read because there's no effective way to change the mind of someone who has left the game.
you've netted a demerit to your townpoints, because tbh this feels like how scum!menalque tried to SR me off my predecessor's meta in Pokemon Ruby Mafia
-G
This comes across like a punishment for not townreading implosion more than an effort to get Pooky to think critically.
I liked this exchange
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:35 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 292, Art wrote:Image
Can you elaborate on your Vulture and Kobalition reads?
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:47 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 420, Uncle Shelby wrote:
In post 390, implosion wrote:Cheeky you should listen to your hydra partner who's played with me before, rather than you who has not.
"Caught for the wrong reasons" feels like a buzzword atp, but that's sort of how I'm feeling about this. Actually it's a little more specific than that, because implosion could be intentionally masking his scum meta in this game, which is a pointless way of hiding as scum if you're playing at an unfamiliar table. Having a hard time deciding between this and the Lion for my second spot.
This post reads shit stirry. I don't see how someone can mask their scumgame unless they're an obvious wolf and terrible enough to otherwise pick out easily. If he's that bad, then you'll get him in time, surely? I'm going to go here for now. Still dislike the Cheeky Gamma hydra. Not sure what to think of Shelby's Cheek of Gamma vote, but they haven't done anything with it.

HURT: Uncle Shelby
VOTE: Uncle Shelby
In post 469, implosion wrote:Where is this coming from? It's entirely possible Art is town but they're seemingly bubbling into coalitions with no actual reason, and
I feel like if the coalition fails it's going to lead to a sort of poisoning effect where we can't really resolve anything without eliminating them
I'd say most of Art's posts make sense. Some are out there like - and I simply avante garde a clue about them. It's too early to say he's not readable enough that will warrant unquestioned elim (also re: your policy lynch post.)

I'm going to go as far as coalition them for now. My level of comfort with them is pretty high.

HEAL: Art

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”