Micro 1030: I tell you what I'm doing | Mafia Wins!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

Noise, noise, noise.

VOTE: toxictaipain
cowsloveSushirolls wrote:galkeyfan
Ew.
Hope is a fragile emotion, my friend. It isn't real. It exists only in the imagination. If you believe there is hope, there is hope. If you don't believe there is hope, there isn't.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

Yawn.

In post 20, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 15, Emberbloom wrote:
cowsloveSushirolls wrote:galkeyfan
Ew.
you get rid of your strike if you tell me a good alternative to galkeyfan
Depends. Are you asking for a more pleasant-sounding name suggestion, or did you want me to name another duo?

Personally, I prefer Hockron. French or Spanish style pronunciation; dealer's choice.

In post 49, Save The Dragons wrote:but i don't know if i like the energy toxic is giving off.
toxic's entrance was bad. was good. feels bad. But then feels better.

UNVOTE: toxic, even though the mod missed my vote (I thought of posting again to fix the typo but assumed it would count :igmeou: (it's fine, T3 <3)).

Thinking.
Hope is a fragile emotion, my friend. It isn't real. It exists only in the imagination. If you believe there is hope, there is hope. If you don't believe there is hope, there isn't.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 43, DkKoba wrote:hey toxic - regardless of your alignment - most people at this table have meta on me
If you're playing this game to win and not your future games, then I feel like leaning on your past games so heavily, kinda goes against the spirit of that rule.
In post 68, DkKoba wrote:i will shut you down so quick i dont care what alignment you are - you're going to *learn* this game.
This post above is also kinda gross, because I'd rather you hunt scum than just lay into someone to try and "teach them a lesson". Especially someone who's admitted they lost interest and came back. Do you know who else lost interest in mafia for a long time? Myself. I'm glad I'm playing under a new username, so that players here don't waste their time looking at games from six plus years ago that I couldn't even remember playing at this point. (see cows' ).

Anyway.

Koba, it seems like you're getting more into an argument about Meta and its use ITT, rather than contribute anything substantial to the game. How does - telling people your current posting is 'confirmed' Not Alignment Indicative according to witness - differ from a trust tell, or at least not get similar enough in argument?

In post 67, DkKoba wrote:Please cite which reads give you this vibe because as far as im concerned
i have not given a single one
other than to call you scum.

Did you not just link an entire offsite game and everything to explain your read on Hockey? Actually, it was toxic - the person you're calling scum - who was the first person to ask you about Hockey. You essentially said your read was not alignment indicative, but also that your exp with Hockey has only been with scum!Hock, yes? Implying this is town!Hock?

Well, I'm surprised you went that deep into all of -gestures- that mess, instead of asking why toxic was inquiring about the vote. Given that Hockey had voted STD... for voting toxic. You engaged with the person you're calling scum to defend your read, and are attacking people for calling out your use of Meta as a defense, yet didn't bother:
- asking about the chainsaw defense above, at all.

- inquiring more about toxic's lack of vote and blatant lurking (as toxic admitted to leaving as bait).

- or even my own post calling interactions between four players "noise" and blatantly choosing not to interact. (but were fine with also voting toxic who I started an easy pressure wagon for; showing you have the capability to
appear
like you're scumhunting at minimum)

And yet. You had multiple points to find something to latch on to, yet you seem to only have "light pings" as reads; casting implied town vibes on Hockey and scum vibes on STD along the way in .

I don't like this playstyle. It looks genuine, sure, but you're not actually
doing
anything?

In post 67, DkKoba wrote:My fucking scumgame is S tier when it comes to mimicking how i form reads as town so for you to accuse me of that is so fucking fake.

My d1 as scum are the most genuine looking *always*.
Hey, Koba. Just because the games titled, "I tell you what I'm doing", doesn't mean that's like, a post restriction for
you

VOTE: Koba

Why tunnel in on toxic for voting you while you're handwaving Hockey's RVS vote on you due to 'personality'? Why did you genuinely answer someone who you thought was scum and was trying to "pressure" instead of applying more pressure or wondering why toxic was inquiring? Why not ask about me voting someone
outside
you/cows/HockeyFan?

Why not push Hock for reasoning on his STD chainsaw vote - if you were legitimately trying to solve this game via a meta playstyle - given your small sample size with his meta, then?

In post 75, DkKoba wrote:
In post 73, toxictaipan wrote:Also I haven't claimed once that I have more experience than you or alluded to my start date. I'm rusty, so what? Feel free to keep calling me a clown. Maybe you and the handful of other active players on this site can meta-jerk each other enough to run off any other returning players from having fun at the game too.
I refuse your olive branch.
As another player coming back off a long burnout, regardless of anyone's alignment here, I concur with toxic.

Maybe dialogue with us instead of pretending like you're better than us.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 81, DkKoba wrote:all you've done is say I'm toxic - not that i'm scum, with a lie thrown in to try to frame me as scum.
No, you're not toxic. You're Koba. And you're scum because you're not really
trying
to scumhunt right now, despite the opportunities presented.

In post 83, DkKoba wrote:People who rand scum against me for the first time think I'm an easy push because I word things awkwardly and am prone to emotion.
Mirror, mirror.

So, if you're town, then answer my questions instead of sucking out all the air here by flailing with nonsense - because that's what'll happen.

[pedit] Alright, here we go then. I guess instead of pressuring someone lower-content like Enchant or Galron, Koba's going to engage the louder voice. Does town do this, or scum?

In post 85, DkKoba wrote:can you show how every other person in the game so far has posted more substantial content than I? I would love for you to do so.
Nah. Because I don't need to do that. I don't care about the
amount
of 'substantial' content you've posted, and lack of other peoples' effort is not a good defense for your own actions. It's because you've been presented with the opportunity to scumhunt and haven't
really
shown you've done so despite your alleged ability, opting to lean on meta and lashing out against anyone pressuring you.

I'll entertain this for everyone else's benefit I guess. toxic made an entrance post with a strategy. So did I. cows has a good question in towards toxic that shows thought process. STD has that shows some reads and thought process, and HockeyFan has . Enchant and Galron have one post (and both are
decent
reactions IMO, although incredibly low-content).

So... yeah, lots of people have posted substantial content, or at least something showing a thought process. I've locked on to Koba's because despite the amount of words, nothing's really been said. Their thought process seems less focused on finding out others' motivations, and instead looking for things to call scummy. It doesn't jive with me.

and STD was fake pressure to push out of RVS - this is how i play the early game often. got anything better?
Oh. So you
do
have the ability to fake pressure. Good; I was worried.

Why use it to cast shade on toxic, who already had a vote from me - because shading STD for not updating his read is what that does - instead of using
any
of the other chances you had to exert 'fake pressure'?

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 176, Save The Dragons wrote:I'm waiting for other people to talk mainly ember
Something unexpected came up earlier this evening; I'll post in the next ~twelve hours since I don't want to half-ass any responses/follow-ups.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:46 am

Post by Emberbloom »

Catching up in a bit.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 129, Save The Dragons wrote:ember, what are your thoughts on anyone besides koba
At the time you asked this, I probably would have said I got odd pings from cows; I could understand the two votes he received.

Toxic could be "rusty town". I wanted to hear more from Galron (more on that in a bit) and Enchant. Don't have a read on you (STD) at all yet. Which leaves Koba, and Hockey.

That's changed a bit since this post after some activity and rereading.

cows has and I'm willing to give 'posting with a plan' the d1 lim pass for now. There's a small chance cows saw me point out toxic posting with a plan and copied it to pocket but that's, like, really Big Brain scum strat when cows already had some okay posts mixed in. Probably fine for now.

Glad that Galron's entered the discussion. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't
also
curious what the 'case' on me was. 's "This game is ponderous. I'm having to force myself to read it." is very much, "a mood".

Hockey ignored (etc) to pile on my wagon and
that
looks sketchy. Toxic's vote on my wagon was also not great, but it doesn't give me quite the same vibes. Probably because posts like seem like genuine frustrated Town trying to find an argument angle.

I'll ISO Hockey before moving my vote, but he's giving me the weirdest vibes. What's also troubling, is that Koba hasn't elaborated their 'reasoning' for my wagon, but have their vote parked on me while having... some odd interactions with Hockey.

Koba asks Galron for a read on Hockey in . Their posts and are casting suspicion.

said Koba had light townpings from Hockey's entrance. Koba's thoughts on Hockey were summed up in :
- hasn't seen a town game but has seen his scum game and this feels different
- but Hockey's ran circles around Koba as scum before so... (???)
- and Hockey's STD vote was NAI

None of that says 'light townpings' to me. It says a bunch of nothing.

Hell, the entire thing where Koba linked a Hockey game on MU, ended with throwing shade at STD for 'not updating his read'.

Strangely, the more I read of this exchange, the weirder I feel about Hockey/Koba as scum together, which I initially had a ping for.

Lemme do a quick Hockey ISO.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Emberbloom »

Hockey time.

looks good. . also decent.

IDK. If I'm a PoE vote and he actually forgot to move vote while being suspicious of me, fine I guess, but I still think the vote's bad. :igmeou:

So. Back to Koba.

Koba's casts suspicion on Hockey. In addition to / earlier. But then Koba asks cows a question involving Hockey being town in ? Why?

None of Koba's posting has shown they have a thought process. It's just reads and shit-stirring.

Koba "hasn't given any other reads than to call [Ember] scum" (they claim in ) - but called Hockey town(?), casts shade on STD for not reading an offsite game (saying later this was " fake pressure to push out of RVS"), says toxic may have scumslipped, and calls everyone but Enchant 'conftown' as a 'joke' in the earlygame.

They call toxic my partner and have never followed up despite the fact that toxic's voting me right now. Same with casting suspicion on Hockey while Hockey's also on my wagon. Actually, has Koba asking toxic, "no hard feelings?" when toxic calls Hockey and
me
scum. What? Who does Koba think is scum here now with me, exactly? toxic or Hockey?

I called them out for not contributing and they gave a Whatabout - "can you show how every other person in the game so far has posted more substantial content than I?" - that didn't even hold up because I broke down how most players at least were showing thought processes while Koba blatantly wasn't.

"I said I am HESITANT about reading hockey as town here" - but Koba, I thought you said Hockey's entrance gave you light townpings?

- "hockey - what specifically reminds you of my scumgame?" - If you're hesitant about reading Hockey as town, why do you care about what Hockey thinks of this game vs your scum play?

- 'cows here is the same as the two town games we've played. also, I am hesitant to read Hockey as town despite having two games with scum Hockey and this is different.

later: 'also, hypothetically, if Hockey was confirmed town, who's the "partner" of the person me and Hockey are voting?'

Last thing I have to comment on is . Enchant mentioned everyone but STD and, of course, Koba. Interesting for Koba to have set a joke on page 1 re: enchant (everyone on this page is conftown) and then "enchant is locktown" is the only follow-up. Don't know what to make of it though.

idk. My vote's not moving. I don't fully know what to make of Koba/Hockey interactions at this point, so if someone wants to look there, it'd help
me
at least; Koba sometimes seeming like they're trying to parse Hockey is probably the only thing I can call what looks like town effort, FMPOV.

I really like Enchant's so if you could post a little more, that'd be great.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:12 am

Post by Emberbloom »

This game is exhausting so far. Or maybe it's because I'm rusty.

cows, STD and toxic are probably the players I have to take a closer look at/reread posts from, at some point, considering where I've spent my mental energy.

If any of y'all three have more opinions to share in my direction to uh, help with that; feel free.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Emberbloom »

Hey. Pause.

Could we maybe use my correct pronouns, please? I was gonna give y'all a pass and didn't call it out til now, but I'm starting to get very uncomfortable.

My pronouns are she/her.

Posts where I've been called "they/them":
- Koba
- Hockey
- Galron
- cows
- Hockey
- Galron
- STD
- Koba.

Posts with male pronouns (Koba):
- "my guy"
- he him his

Posts with she/her:
- thank you, toxic

@Mod
: could we get a reminder to check and respect player pronouns? Thanks.

Content later. Unpause.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 219, DkKoba wrote:So please - don't weaponize being misgendered in this way - its not cool.
In post 220, DkKoba wrote:basically yes i feel bad but i feel significantly less bad because you're using this as an excuse to advance your wincon.
Oh,
fuck you

You're lucky I have more respect for the players and the mods or I'd replace out. I also don't want this slot limmed with three days til deadline.

My eyes glazed over the rest of anything you said. Ya'll will get content from me tomorrow when I stop seething at this bullshit.

Night.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Emberbloom »

Alright, I'm back. Yesterday was a personal day and I only had time to post once at work, and once when I got home. Anyway.
In post 228, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 198, Emberbloom wrote:None of Koba's posting has shown they have a thought process. It's just reads and shit-stirring.
i didn't feel that way when they asked , which was why i answered it so readily. forcing me into a situation like that means that they're obv looking at me at a certain angle

it all feels really stubborn, which was something i disregarded in the first koba/ember argument but it's a recurring response to their pressure
Sure. I get how you see stubborn. Aside from the once-a-post reminder that Koba thinks I'm scum, the other thing that bugs me though is that their scenario also involves Hockey. And while I found a few posts that did look alright individually from Hockey, there's still weird vibes I'm getting from the two of them. More on that later.

But sure, it could be Koba trying to figure things out. Could also be Koba setting up "look, here's my Hockey townread from this post here" for later.

And the fact that Koba's approaching the game by implying that scum always strictly give reads and need to stick to them (thus the strategy from "town" Koba to "lock them into thoughts") is... false. At least on Day 1. If you're (general you're) scum that's needing to set up end-of-game mislims and need to watch how you're perceived, sure this logic tracks, but... trying to pigeonhole people into reads Day 1 is useless. The fact that this is where their head's at is weird to me.

I don't know if this makes better sense, but best way I can word it: the fact that they're trying to scumhunt by holding people to actions, instead of holding people to intentions, is what's bugging the crap outta me. They wanted your read on those slots to hold you to them later (). Not to actually figure out your slot. Y'know?

i think it's more that their thought process isn't transparent
with that rephrased, i don't really see how this is alignment indicative. it gets even more NAI when koba's directly aware of it ()
Have you considered that the person who claims they have an S tier scumgame with regards to their reactions being perceived as genuine, may be lying or has a motive to push scummy actions as "Not Alignment Indicative"? Koba themselves say in that scum tend to hang out as "null reads". So as scum, trying to claim everything or most things you've done so far is "null at best"/NAI would be a good strategy, so no one gets too solid a read on you, yeah?

What is the town motivation to insist your actions are NAI, outside of this entire thing playing to your meta instead of your wincon?

One step further to connect some dots - as scum, couldn't it make sense to use that strategy of "make sure no one gets a solid read on you" in tandem with "locking people into thoughts"?

where i start to get tinfoily is when i iso you, look for my name and see that overall i'm null or arm's reach from a vote but you've only mentioned positive things from me in order to poke at koba, and offhandedly you'll say things like "i could understand the votes he received"
can i ask you directly what has pinged you?
I don't recall giving the impression you were close to a vote from me. So I'm gonna have to go back and look, only because I don't remember.

I think the best explanation I have is that I had no idea how to parse your "strike system" posting from early D1, as far as if it was alignment indicative or if it was even a genuine reaction test vs scum just talking to talk. I had vibes of "scum that stays friendly and active" early on, before I got into things with Koba.

This is kinda why you were one of the ones that I noted having to go back and reread; mostly to check the earlier stuff that gave me weird vibes. When I brought you up in my Koba case (), I was reading posts from Koba directed at you and didn't necessarily take anything in from your slot concerning such; Koba could have been referring to any user, really, they just so happened to be referring to you.

You had good posts in and . That's why I was like, I'll give you a pass for now - 95 showed your strike system had a plan, but I didn't know how to parse everything, so I noted you for rereading later.

When I answered STD about reads in 197, I said that
if I responded earlier
(around post 129), I would have said "I got odd pings from cows; I could understand the two votes he received." I looked over the posts between the two, and , , , , - all show a consistent attempt at discussing and figuring out Hockey and toxic. All seems fine, genuine, and consistent.

So, I guess to give a comparison, maybe your early posting pinged me as active scum kinda how toxic's openers pinged you as lurker scum? Hence why I was like "meh, I get it" when you got two votes. I said you could be "big brain"-ing one of your posts because I already had a certain interaction on my mind (toxic and I both shared similar sentiments in 'posting with a plan' - so when the third person chimes in i.e. you, the gut reaction was basically "okay; calm down")... but maybe I was just being paranoid.

I'll still reread your earlygame but I don't expect to find any glaring issues so it won't be a suspenseful wait for an update there.

Back with more later.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:41 am

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 253, Emberbloom wrote:Back with more later.
I fell asleep. :(

Longer post coming. Morning everyone.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:06 am

Post by Emberbloom »

toxic: Looking back at his ISO I think shows the most consistent thought process of anyone. Votes Koba, asks Koba about Hockey with regards to STD, unvotes, votes me (suspecting Hockey as partner). Asks about Hockey, Galron engages, toxic asks questions to Galron saying he wants more content from non Dk/Hockey/him slots and engages STD a little more. Last post gives pretty consistent reads with all of that, and questions to cows and Enchant. Covers everyone, flows naturally. Leaning town, but, I can't help but ask directly after waiting a while:

@toxic
- why the vote on me? You've stated your reads as Hockey/me being scum, but other than "Ember is more likely scum than Hockey", I'm not seeing a real reason for your read. You said you gave a read in , but the only thing I can find is and and you kinda dodged STD's question there.

Really gonna need you to elaborate.

-----

STD: Neutral. is probably his best post so far. I'll consider looking at cows' take a few posts back from here - posts and thought flow here didn't stick as easily as they did when I ISO'd Toxic.

@STD
: Why switch from Hockey to cows when you did, exactly? I understood the two votes earlier in a vacuum, but when I checked your ISO I only saw the vote, then a like/dislike/takeaway townread. What pinged you and what changed?

-----

Galron: I'd phrase the same Q to Galron but seems to indicate it was a pressure test. between toxic/Galron had me go back and check reads, and Galron's been pretty consistent with giving opinions on everyone/nothing sticks out as contradictory to a natural thought process, I think.

-----

Enchant: Lowest content of the game, so idk what to make of this slot.

@Enchant
- could you provide a bit more content, thoughts reads? if I had to pick about three players, I'd ask for opinions on STD, Cows, and Koba.

(out of game - do you have a prounoun you'd like people to use? you mentioned misgendering earlier but don't have one set.)

-----

Think the last two things I need to catch up on now are thoughts on Hockey, and thoughts/responses to Koba.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:13 am

Post by Emberbloom »

I will say before I dive into more game stuff this morning/afternoon, that I've seen enough suspicion thrown Hockey's way to where I think they're a viable wagon at the moment.

Y'know. If anyone's interested. Especially from those who think I'm scum and Hockey's my supposed partner.

I'm not opposed to a Hockey wagon or lim, going off my memory, but I don't exactly want to move my vote
before
giving a fair crack at an ISO.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:13 am

Post by Emberbloom »

*He's a viable wagon at the moment.

Pronouns. Coffee. Sorry.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 248, DkKoba wrote:actually let me rephrase that: why do you believe my play cannot be from town
Hey Koba.

In one of the (infinite number of) timelines where you're wrong, I'm town, and the "case" for me does not actually exist... (which, this is one of them; but I feel like that's unnecessary for me to point out)

Removing yourself from the equation as much as possible, who would be the opportunistic scum jumping on these unfounded suspicions, from your POV? Or like, in a vacuum/mafia theory sense.

Since your play here seems to be action-based rather than intent-based, in theory I'm sure you can give me
something
to work with.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:25 am

Post by Emberbloom »

UNVOTE:

Make one comment about "oh look, Ember finally sees she can't push me LMAO #skills" and the vote goes right back on, just sayin'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:37 am

Post by Emberbloom »

Oh, forgot about this before I go off on more tangents:
In post 251, Save The Dragons wrote:the noise noise noise and yawn parts of her posts are scummy
Would you believe me if I told you I was intentionally trying to be a little condescending/smarmy with those? I had to google and double check that was a word, by the way.

But yeah, my first post, "noise noise noise, vote toxic", was intentional. He was the first player down on the list that hadn't posted early on, so I wanted to see if anyone jumped on me for dismissing the earlygame as "noise", or even
noticed
I was ignoring everything else. I implied or basically said this back in post (near the middle/bullet points).

No one noticed from what I saw, then we had a page about meta stuff, so in keeping with trying to be annoying + considering that page devoid of real content, y'all got a "yawn". I generally dropped the
intentional
condescension after I latched onto Koba's posts.

So if you got scummy from those posts... that was fair.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 288, toxictaipan wrote:Since the game has progressed I feel Ember has done nothing but dig her grave deeper.
Now, I'm not saying I'm a grave digger... but I
do
tend to make heated situations worse for myself with startling regularity.

Jokes aside, could you perhaps add several more words or sentences to your explanation?

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Emberbloom »

On mobile, so, shorter posts.
In post 287, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 274, Emberbloom wrote:Would you believe me if I told you I was intentionally trying to be a little condescending/smarmy with those?
why?
Considering I was trying to gauge reactions, I felt that being slightly obnoxious to start was more proactive. Draws more attention to the bait.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Emberbloom »

Dinner with a Strawman
by Emberbloom

"Ember is scum. Look, everyone; we caught her."

"Alright, your reasons?"

"You see? Obvious scum posting. My read from earlier has not changed."

"What read? The only thing you've said is-"

"Ah, digging your own grave again, are we? Look at the scummy scum flail."

"You haven't -"

"Now remember, analyze things instead of just stating things. You scum, you."

---

I forget sometimes mafia is an exercise in being gaslit.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 275, Enchant wrote:
Emberbloom wrote:
@Enchant
- could you provide a bit more content, thoughts reads? if I had to pick about three players, I'd ask for opinions on STD, Cows, and Koba.

(out of game - do you have a prounoun you'd like people to use? you mentioned misgendering earlier but don't have one set.)
1. HockeyFan :dead:
2. Galron :(
3. cowsloveSushirolls :(
4. DkKoba :]
5. toxictaipan :dead:
6. Save The Dragons :?
7. Enchant :good:
8. Emberbloom :]
Okay so I assume the skulls mean town but hear me out

Pick one and I'll sheep that vote. (eyes emoji)

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #325 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 304, DkKoba wrote:Because tbh I am savoring seeing you flip red
You're gonna be a little disappointed.

If you end up being town, Koba; you've thrown this game.

I'd better have a good reason for your actions ready d2 if I flip today. I'm actually just starting to wonder what your exit plan is here as scum, exactly, so... good luck with this.

Like. I already asked this. What are your reads when I flip town?

But sure, post your thing. I'll show you what you've left out that
has
shown my thought process, you'll probably say I'm just restating things again; but maybe you'll find something to analyze and give a reason/show your work.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

I meant to say "if I were you, I'd better have a good reason".

Brain is mush.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:05 am

Post by Emberbloom »

I'm also bad at math but will be around essentially up til deadline. Real life's also been cutting into my time this week.

VOTE: Hockey

I don't see the point in waiting an hour to type out my thoughts when I know I'm voting here for today anyway.
I've mostly been reading but not posting on mobile, since posting long-form is difficult on such, so let me see if I can remember where my trains of thoughts were since I still haven't really given my personal thoughts on Hockey since I last ISO'd him.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Emberbloom »

Last I looked at Hockey I pointed out a few decent posts. , , .

They do look decent on the surface. That hasn't changed.

I will say though, that:
"Tbh, I feel like scum![Galron] would at least some opinion on one of Koba/toxic and
maybe pocket one of them
"
preceded by
"Toxic only one im confident in putting as town, They had no reason to make 27 as scum imo"
and followed by
"Scum!toxic did not have to say that lol. Scum care alot more about thier self-image"

doesn't seem like nothing. Could be genuine read, could be scum!Hock pocketing toxic.

Might as well look at his read on me first. Let's start with what came before the vote.
In post 96, HockeyFan wrote:Ember- She has had 4 posts so not really sure how to read her. Her taking toxic's side in this over "having similar thoughts" seems a bit eh, could be scum pocketing toxic the town? Eh, probs another slight SL
In post 222, HockeyFan wrote:nothing has changed from 96 tbh. Also, her agenda against Koba seems meh, not much game-moving content on other players too, and low activity(this is not AI but its worth pointing [out])
So, let's back up. At time of post , I had four posts. Sure.

Hockey points out, saying nothing has changed, that I don't have much content on other players. That's just false.

was the first "real" post I made that wasn't heavily Koba-focused. But if you actually read the Koba case from , you can gleam a lot of my reads and thoughts on other players. Just because it's not game-moving, or frequent in activity, doesn't mean my posts are devoid of content.

I noticed Hockey vote STD for voting toxic. I made a point that Koba linked a whole offsite game to toxic, who they're calling scum, to explain Koba's own Hockey read. Instead of looking at the chainsaw defense vote and pressuring/asking about that.

I'm pointing out connections. Lim one player in this pool and you'll have more to go off of.

Post 90. I imply townleans on cows and STD when Koba asked me about other players, and neutral reads off Galron and Enchant. It might not be "game-moving", but why not push me on these reads? Why vote me, and just follow up with "but
she
isn't moving the game along"? It seems hypocritical to ask for that effort but not put it in yourself.

So that's all before post 96. Let's see where things "changed".

I clarified my townlean on cows. I directly stated by read on toxic - "could be rusty town" - because I did not make it clear earlier. Nullread on STD. And wanting to hear more from Galron/Enchant - Galron because he had defended me and I had an eye on that, and Enchant for not posting much. I said Hockey's vote looked sketchy while toxic's looked less so, because toxic had some redeeming posts. I started bringing up odd interactions between Hockey and Koba in how they're talking to / reading each other / interacting around other players when it involves them.

Like. I have reads. I've been providing thoughts and content.

So 96 overall says, slight scumread for pocketing toxic. Hockey really had no other opinions on any of my other reads/thoughts I gave?

Well. He said my Koba case "seems meh". I don't know what else to say to that without more descriptors on his part.

---

I'm just gonna hit post on this before giving more thoughts, because that paragraphs sums up my reads to the point of that part of the game. If I flip today, that might help y'all later.

I guess my overall reads list before I continue. May have to switch to mobile access soon but I'll see what I can crank out.

Ember
cows / Galron
STD / Enchant
toxic
Hockey / Koba

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

More on Hockey.

, , surrounding posts: STD and Hockey get into it - STD seeming to lean scum on Hockey, and Hockey calling STD a high scumread. and are brought up as reasons for why STD's vote is bad.

Now, STD saying scum!Hockey is more likely to just vote in 49 than sort a slot (in 49) is funny, given that I feel like there hasn't been an attempt from Hockey to sort my own slot.

The only two things Hockey's done other than all this, is vote cows, and say there's a slight townread on Galron.

cows wagon isn't happening. I don't know if Hockey's parking a vote there to hold hammer on my wagon or force a NL or what, but this vote is just bizarre.

This quote sticks out from me in the Galron ISO saying that it's filler:
In post 106, Galron wrote:
In post 51, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: hockeyfan
Why the swing from toxictaipan to hockey?

Also, why toxictaipan to begin with?
This doesn't seem like filler. Koba was pushing toxic before pushing me, so asking why the 3rd vote with 5-to-lim seems valid. And Hockey comes back with an eventual scumread on STD, right? Seems weird to have dismissed this post as filler.

Especially because Hockey made and and and -- all buddying up to Toxic himself. Which is the main basis for his scum lean back in , mind.

I know it seems like the littlest thing to latch on to... but with all that context, how is this post
filler
? Wouldn't someone with a hard townread on toxic take a different approach? Unless you're just trying to handwave it as nothing and play it cool because you're the one being voted.

I'm finding it odd how many small connections there have been between Hockey and toxic and Koba. Please, if we do lim me today and have a vig - just aim here at these three so people can get
something
before tomorrow. Or idk, if we decide to lim Hockey and he flips town maybe aim at STD. Just suggestions.

I think I have more than enough suspicions to feel alright leaving my vote here, unless a flash toxic wagon occurs.
In post 314, toxictaipan wrote:I'd rather get lim'd myself before we no-elim.
Although, this probably makes toxic town, and I hate the amount of WIFOM seeping out from this post from me saying that.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

cows do you wanna put me at L-1 and see who's around to hammer or would you rather try and wait/only hammer to avoid NL (which, rude, but fair - grumble grumble :igmeou:)

even if everyone's magically around right now, to get me limmed without Enchant or Galron y'all do need everyone else.

unless, again
there's another wagon

but I don't feel like running numbers, reads, and doing all this at the eleventh hour

so AMA before day ends I guess

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 336, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
Save The Dragons wrote:I'll be around but ember should probably claim soon
intent to
ask ember to claim
i'll be here at EOD
There's a chance we NL.

Besides, does it
really
matter for anyone that's voting me?

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (isolation #30) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

Hockey/Enchant, if Koba has to be town.
Koba/STD, if Hockey has to be town.

You can most likely throw toxic in there over Enchant or STD, I just keep getting rusty town pings.

I can think real hard if you want a theoretical pair for you or Galron but idk.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #348 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

is it too late to say I really didn't mind the name GalkeyFan after all

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

In post 376, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:but my point is that it isn't generally strange, but it was for the person 4 people were pushing yesterday
Yeah, it's definitely awkward.
In post 358, Galron wrote:What is the Galron filler thing?
explains - Hockey called your 'filler'.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Emberbloom »

Hmm.

VOTE: HockeyFan

E-1.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Emberbloom »

STD and toxic were on my wagon d1 but did not want to hammer Hockey yesterday.

Why's that?

On the note of VCA, in the timelines where I was scum here's your partner options:

Enchant - I'd have publicly asked my partner to vote d1 so that I'd sheep (post ). Either I'm Spicy Scum, or Enchant isn't my partner. Like, Enchant also blatantly not voting d1 looks bad if I get elimmed day 2. Small chance but unlikely.

cows - put me at E1 d1 with the chance for Hockey to hammer if he was around. Then I put Hockey at E1 right after cows on d2. There's some S rank cheeky-ass scum play here if cows was my partner, I think. I also don't think cows talks about me and the Koba kill with us both as scum either.

Toxic - Reversed. I put Hockey at E1, toxic blatantly doesn't hammer but E1s right behind me. I guess there's the thing where Koba went after toxic then I went after Koba d1, but, I don't think the Hockey wagon stuff makes sense for us as partners unless he was aiming to bus me today and set up to win a 3p. But I don't think there's a good choice for that endgame setup with the other 3 players, yknow? There's a chance I guess but least likely.

STD - also doesn't hammer Hockey behind me d2; risky play if we're both scum (also with pushing me right now, like???). Further, had the opportunity to push Hockey d1 instead of me but kept his vote up to deadline. With the chance of Hockey hammering me d1, again, you have a very uphill battle ahead to make that move. Don't think we're partners.

None of these seem particularly convincing, although I'm biased. Enchant or toxic by sorta PoE?

But hey.

If any of those arguments don't hold or someone has a counter, my best question-answer to "Ember is scum" is "well who's my partner".

Above is my best objective shot at figuring that out and I got basically nothin' convincing.

---

Using that as a warmup I'll see if I can look at non-me pairs tonight/tomorrow. I think toxic/STD and cows/Enchant are most likely off the top of my head, but there's also:
- toxic cows
- toxic Enchant
- std cows
- std Enchant

So I'll do a dive later. This isn't actually useful game content for myself since I'm town but maybe it'll help someone else.

And so we go.
Emberbloom
Emberbloom
Townie
Emberbloom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Emberbloom »

I made an assumption in that above post, btw.

Should we massclaim? Or is just "doing it live" the strategy here.

And so we go.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”