Micro 1078: Datisi's micro normals are back [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:00 am

Post by osuka »

what's up nerds

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:00 am

Post by osuka »

i'm compulsive weak vig

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:01 am

Post by osuka »

VOTE: ausuka

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:16 am

Post by osuka »

In post 18, fireisredsir wrote: ok gotta go anyway osuka is locktown
💯

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by osuka »

oh fuck, you guys, i forgot i was in this game. i got caught up absolutely bending the c++ type system to my will and then i got distracted by videogames

but fear not, i am here to talk some sense into you nerds

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:20 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 44, tris wrote: warning i am bad at this game
newsflash, so is everyone else

you're not special

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 51, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 49, tris wrote: hey, VP Baltar. am i zoomer nonsense or not?
You can be an honorary millennial. You touch grass on a regular basis.
what about me? im a millennial who has a burning hatred for grass because it makes me itchy and i hate the feeling

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by osuka »

don't you dare call me a zoomer, ill shit in your pants

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:23 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 79, skitter30 wrote:
In post 64, skitter30 wrote:
In post 61, VP Baltar wrote: Is there more to the ausuka sus?
@baltar this post pinged
A lot actually
In post 15, Ausuka wrote: VOTE: osuka

I want to live!!!!!!!
There's a little too much of a real 'don't wagon me!!!!' vibe to this post that i don't like

Like the osuka/ausuka thing was a meme obv, and it's fine that she's participating in that, but the 'i want to live!!!!' rider feels a little too anxious in a way that i think scum might be here

I think i would like this post a lot more without that line, or if there was something else there instead. The 'i want to live' feels v out of place with the state of the game at this point
yeah no i think thats just ausuka

UNVOTE: because i dont trust you fucks not to hammer on page 5

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 81, fireisredsir wrote: id rather not elaborate yet bc it's sort of one of those things that is dependent on a pattern of behavior and it's a little early to call out exactly what ive seen so far and how it compares to my expectations bc it's a sort of small sample of posts and maybe im wrong and saying it allows him to adjust. ill tell u later tho shhh
what the fuck is this? either you have something or you don't. if you do, then you should just point it out and if you don't and it's "dependent on a pattern of behavior" then you shouldn't come off so strong because then you'd just make whoever it is you're talking about very acutely aware of the fact that you're watching them closely. this is either horseshit disguised as townposting or just kind of stupid, but i can't immediately tell which

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:26 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 82, fireisredsir wrote:
@baltar this post pinged
A lot actually

I want to live!!!!!!!
There's a little too much of a real 'don't wagon me!!!!' vibe to this post that i don't like

Like the osuka/ausuka thing was a meme obv, and it's fine that she's participating in that, but the 'i want to live!!!!' rider feels a little too anxious in a way that i think scum might be here

I think i would like this post a lot more without that line, or if there was something else there instead. The 'i want to live' feels v out of place with the state of the game at this point
this is kinda interesting bc i also had a strong gut reaction to that ausuka post but the explanation isn't really my thought process at all

im not sure if that actually means anything tho

i do think its a similar gut feeling i had to some of her posts early in dance game (which was wrong) so im sort of unsure how much i want to commit to that feeling
can you elaborate on this at all? what was your thought process behind your gut reaction to the ausuka post?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:45 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 94, hellbooks wrote: continuing on my train of superstitious lexical scumhunting, i think "elaboratable" is one of the more scummy words one could use in a post. i am speaking of skygazer's post which you may reference near the top of the page
puzzling take on "elaboratable", despite that not actually being a real word. please expound

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by osuka »

VOTE: fireisredsir

if i took a shit on my keyboard, the response would come out better than that

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by osuka »

also

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:51 pm

Post by osuka »

snipe

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:01 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 101, hellbooks wrote:
In post 96, osuka wrote: puzzling take on "elaboratable", despite that not actually being a real word. please expound
youre asking me to expound on THAT of all things? on superstition? as if one could explain the mechanism by which throwing salt over ones shoulder leads to good luck? to use one of my precious remaining goon posts on something like THAT? no!!!! i shant!!!! i shant use one of my posts on such frivolous matters!!!! Did you not hear me make known my dire predicaments? Then hear me now!!!! each one of my remaining Precious Posts is a little baby that i must nurture with focused and earnest hands into a highly serious, aesthetically towny, and exclusively game-advancing endeavor! so no!!!! i shall not be expounding!!!! For such a thing is not, as the zoomer nonsensites say, "elaboratable" !!!!
welcome to the townbloc

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:02 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 102, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 90, osuka wrote:
In post 82, fireisredsir wrote:
@baltar this post pinged
A lot actually

I want to live!!!!!!!

this is kinda interesting bc i also had a strong gut reaction to that ausuka post but the explanation isn't really my thought process at all

im not sure if that actually means anything tho

i do think its a similar gut feeling i had to some of her posts early in dance game (which was wrong) so im sort of unsure how much i want to commit to that feeling
can you elaborate on this at all? what was your thought process behind your gut reaction to the ausuka post?
its the less fun part to elaborate on but fine

it is still elaboratable. one could say. i wouldn't, personally. but someone might

my thought process was "hm this post feels a little unsure of itself and also a hint of feeling like it could be posting for the sake of being in the thread early but also not really sticking around to engage". i thought it was a little scummy. then i thought about it more and decided that those vibes were wrong when i felt them in a previous game where ausuka was town

i didn't really get any vibes of her actually being anxious about wanting to live
this gets a pass for now

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 103, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 98, osuka wrote: VOTE: fireisredsir

if i took a shit on my keyboard, the response would come out better than that
okay

that doesn't sound like a good idea i wouldn't recommend doing that
yeah no i built this keyboard and i like it very much so i’m not gonna do it. i was just pointing out that i could and it would STILL be better than your response, which is completely devoid of content and somehow aggravatingly nice

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by osuka »

shameless prodge

ill catch up tomorrow but it might be after the 36 hour mark. sorry folks

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:07 pm

Post by osuka »

from skimming the thread i think i might have to reconsider my fire read but im not sure yet. baltar is a question mark and so is skitter

meuh feels town but id say thats definitely within the scumrange of most players so ill have to hold off on clearing that for d1

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by osuka »

other than that i have nothing to add because if im gonna be completely honest, i probably actually only read about 40% of the words so really fuck if i really know what's happening

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 117, skitter30 wrote:
In post 57, skitter30 wrote: I kinda think fire might be town, i got kinda bad vibes from ausuka and maybe sky
I changed my mind on fire, i think he's kinda sus now
Vpb might be town
this is an odd post. why the 180? is it because a bunch of people said so?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by osuka »

also snipe lol

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:18 pm

Post by osuka »

i'm off to eat food because there is a void in my stomach that might actually bend spacetime if i dont go attend to that situation fairly soon, but i promise ill be back in a bit to post the hottest takes in all of space and time

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:18 pm

Post by osuka »

in the meantime why don't you all post your credit card numbers so i can verify who's scum and who isn't

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:52 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 354, tris wrote:
In post 350, osuka wrote:
In post 57, skitter30 wrote: I kinda think fire might be town, i got kinda bad vibes from ausuka and maybe sky
Vpb might be town
this is an odd post
if you're trying to be a smartass but your post isn't smart, that makes it just ass

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:53 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 355, tris wrote:
In post 284, osuka wrote: baltar is a question mark and so is skitter
what kinda question marks? can i conclude from this that people you didn't mention are not question marks?
if you want to conclude that i can't stop you, but it would be negligent not to point out that it is a stupid conclusion to make

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:55 pm

Post by osuka »

127 starts off strangely towny for a slot that so far had been pretty scummy

then it goes completely off the rails straight into downtown mafiaville at the end with a ridiculous flip to a very noncommittal stance

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:58 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 156, skitter30 wrote:

I want to live!!!!!!!
@ausuka do you understand the difference i'm drawing between the vote itself and the 'i want to live' at the end?
skitter is still a slot i can't really place right now but this gives me the impression that this is all the push is and That Makes It Horseshit(tm)

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 170, Ausuka wrote: mm

VOTE: skygayzer

sorry i don't think this reaction is natural :(

I believe you had the thought 'scum ausuka gets mad at being scumread for the wrong reasons' but I think you're trying too hard to apply it here
??????????

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:01 pm

Post by osuka »

page 8 is nothing but everyone putting on display just how impossibly confused they are

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:07 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 221, Meuh wrote:
In post 218, tris wrote:
In post 216, Meuh wrote:
In post 116, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 89, osuka wrote:
In post 81, fireisredsir wrote: id rather not elaborate yet bc it's sort of one of those things that is dependent on a pattern of behavior and it's a little early to call out exactly what ive seen so far and how it compares to my expectations bc it's a sort of small sample of posts and maybe im wrong and saying it allows him to adjust. ill tell u later tho shhh
what the fuck is this? either you have something or you don't. if you do, then you should just point it out and if you don't and it's "dependent on a pattern of behavior" then you shouldn't come off so strong because then you'd just make whoever it is you're talking about very acutely aware of the fact that you're watching them closely. this is either horseshit disguised as townposting or just kind of stupid, but i can't immediately tell which
Like, on the one hand, this is kind of a BS reason from fire...the reason it is BS being that fire has a mediocre track record of reading me correctly and I've kind of barely done anything this game yet.

Osuka jumps in and attacks its vagueryness...which is not only the wrong reason to dislike that fire post, it's worth about as much as the poop he wants to put in my pants (not much). Fire can be vague, but the "oh I have a VP read from nothing" is the actual sus part.
But if Fire knows they aren't particularly good at reading you, wouldn't it then make more sense for them to be reserved on their feeling on you? Isn't it natural for them to decide to wait for something more substantive before outing the read completely,
because
of this track record?
that wasn't the reason fire gave for holding it back.
Hmm?
I mean the justification Fire gave is wanting a larger sample size (I think interpreting this as wanting something more substantive is fair?) to see if a pattern held up. Or are you saying that Fire not wanting to out the read because of their track record was not reasoning given? Which like yeah it wasn't, but I don't have a hard time believing that it could still be a factor.

Fire gets thoughts on Baltar -> Fire gets a bit of doubt about it because of past record (either consciously or more of a subtle doubt because of those past games) -> Fire decides to be careful with their reads and wants an extra set of posts to get a stronger feeling

Is not an unlikely chain of events to me and I don't think Fire having doubts on their ability to read Baltar will be inherently voiced.
okay, but if you get thoughts on someone and decide to be careful because of ANY reason, then doesn't posting that not go completely against "being careful"? that post does nothing but pose for game-advancing content when in fact it has less game advancing content than a fucking votecount

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (isolation #32) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:09 pm

Post by osuka »

as of page 10, tris seems to be acutely aware of the gamestate but has posted nothing of substance and seems to be going far out of her way to be nonabrasive as possible

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:10 pm

Post by osuka »

it feels like a reasonably genuine thought progression coming out of meuh all around but i strongly dislike her tone 90% of the time. maybe that's just style?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (isolation #34) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:11 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 370, osuka wrote: as of page 10, tris seems to be acutely aware of the gamestate but has posted nothing of substance and seems to be going far out of her way to be nonabrasive as possible
post 250, at the start of page 11, is the first real thing to come out of this slot and it's literally the first thing after page 10 so i feel like i need to point that out

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (isolation #35) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:13 pm

Post by osuka »

fucking fireworks on page 11, huh?

skitter went from posting iioa into a complete 180, aioi everywhere. i actually don't much dislike this slot for town here

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (isolation #36) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by osuka »

question: how do you go from
In post 215, Meuh wrote: osuka's take on Fire's posts around the time he made them line up a lot with my feelings which is nice
Leaning town there
to
In post 278, Meuh wrote: Current feeling: VPB/Osuka team, if town in there then scum in Skitter/Hellbooks
Rest can be town
without me posting like zero content during that time?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (isolation #37) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:16 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 279, Meuh wrote: VOTE: Osuka
this is exceptionally strange - there are several viable wagons at this point in time that you could reasonably pivot to if you're getting cold feet, none of which are me. what the fuck? it makes no real sense as town because i haven't posted anything for you to work off of, but it makes even less sense as scum because i haven't posted anything for you to work off of so this is never gonna get off the ground.

am i missing something huge here or is this just the dumbest vote in the thread so far

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (isolation #38) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:16 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 288, fireisredsir wrote: i think im somewhere like this

[tris, ausuka]
[skygazer]
[meuh, hellbooks, osuka, baltar]
[skitter]

and i feel conflicted on everyone in the group of 4

skygazer i just don't have any meta in order to be confident there but there's been specific things that vibe as town to me
if you flip that readslist literally upside down, you're 90% of the way there

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (isolation #39) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:21 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 312, hellbooks wrote:
In post 284, osuka wrote: meuh feels town but id say thats definitely within the scumrange of most players so ill have to hold off on clearing that for d1
quite a space filling statement -- like someone who is invested in seeming opinionated. for someone who is prodging "shamelessly" surely there has to be some self-consciousness between this bundle of null reads. ironically the point being made is not so different from my own but remember that even hypocrites are sometimes right
in fairness, i'm not someone who is usually invested in _seeming_ opinionated - i am quite opinionated as anyone who's played with me very well knows

that said i really don't think that's a real hot take or anything. 30 seconds in meuh's iso and the slightest bit of attention gets you most of the way there already

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (isolation #40) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:21 pm

Post by osuka »

like i really don't think that's groundbreaking at all. is it actually not obvious?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (isolation #41) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:25 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 356, tris wrote:
In post 354, tris wrote:
In post 350, osuka wrote:
Vpb might be town
this is an odd post
having read osuka's iso, maybe less so
please expound

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (isolation #42) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:25 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 358, tris wrote: 284 says almost nothing
correct

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (isolation #43) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:27 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 373, Meuh wrote:
In post 347, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 278, Meuh wrote: Current feeling: VPB/Osuka team, if town in there then scum in Skitter/Hellbooks
Rest can be town
This post bugs the hell out of me, mostly. Meuh's obv pushing you, but idk how she sees Hellbrooks as your buddy.

Picking Osuka as my potential buddy also feels like "this person isn't really here".

I think I'm pretty townie this game.

And the rest are town? Sorry that is a silly take to me
Oh the group of 4 I posited was meant to be a whole group, not a set of 2 pairs. I singled out you and Osuka as the team because you two clicked slightly better at scum, but I didn’t look at the connection between you/Osuka and Skitter/Hellbooks any closer than I did with any other potential pair in the group

Okay I can get why you think Ausuka isn’t town but what’s wrong with a Fire or a Sky townread? Both have given me more good feelings that bad

Also you’ve felt soooo off this entire game
It’s frustrating cause I can’t quite put my finger on it but I have intense dread when reading your posts and it’s bleghhh
Why do you think you’re townie this game?
someone call a lifeguard! she's drowning!

it's easier to stay afloat if you use long, slower motions, instead of helplessly flailing

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (isolation #44) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:28 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 374, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 369, osuka wrote:that post does nothing but pose for game-advancing content when in fact it has less game advancing content than a fucking votecount
idk you talked about it a lot and thought it was scummy and then other people responded to that and reacted and formed their own opinions and some people read people off those and wow hey that kinda sounds like a game of mafia is being advanced based on some content
no, to be completely clear: you do NOT get to take credit for making a post of zero value and game-advancing content coming out of the fact that someone called out the fact that you posted fucking air. get this shit out of here

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (isolation #45) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:30 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 380, Meuh wrote:
In post 377, osuka wrote: question: how do you go from
In post 215, Meuh wrote: osuka's take on Fire's posts around the time he made them line up a lot with my feelings which is nice
Leaning town there
to
Rest can be town
Honestly forgot about what you said there
Regardless, when I took at look at the collective ISO of you/Skitter/VPB/Hellbooks, you fit within the group quite nicely and I found that to be pretty meaningful
i said nothing! that's the fucking point!!!!

there wasn't any reason for your read on me to progress because there was NOTHING coming out of my slot other than a garbage one-liner of tangibly game-related content i derived from skimming every page for 15 seconds at 4 am

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (isolation #46) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:31 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 382, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 379, osuka wrote:
this is exceptionally strange - there are several viable wagons at this point in time that you could reasonably pivot to if you're getting cold feet, none of which are me. what the fuck? it makes no real sense as town because i haven't posted anything for you to work off of, but it makes even less sense as scum because i haven't posted anything for you to work off of so this is never gonna get off the ground.

am i missing something huge here or is this just the dumbest vote in the thread so far
i think that was a reasonable vote tbh

definitely wasn't strange. felt kinda right at the time actually
okay so i've put forward an explanation as to why i think that's strange. can you do the same or are you disagreeing just to be a contrarian? can you back this up at all?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (isolation #47) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:33 pm

Post by osuka »

i'm convinced the probability of both fire and meuh being town is about the same as my car getting hit by a meteor

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (isolation #48) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:36 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 401, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 396, osuka wrote:
In post 374, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 369, osuka wrote:that post does nothing but pose for game-advancing content when in fact it has less game advancing content than a fucking votecount
idk you talked about it a lot and thought it was scummy and then other people responded to that and reacted and formed their own opinions and some people read people off those and wow hey that kinda sounds like a game of mafia is being advanced based on some content
no, to be completely clear: you do NOT get to take credit for making a post of zero value and game-advancing content coming out of the fact that someone called out the fact that you posted fucking air. get this shit out of here
i mean thats literally what rvs is for. throw out random stuff and have people respond to it

im taking credit and you can't stop me
so now you're calling that rvs?

let's make something clear: shitposts go in rvs, but that one is just a shit post - don't confuse the two. you say you have a reason to vote that slot and then proceed NOT to explain said reason under the guise of "oh but it will tip them off", as if that nonsense didn't

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (isolation #49) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:36 pm

Post by osuka »

like seriously what the fuck, this entire conversation is almost an insult to everyone's intelligence

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (isolation #50) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:36 pm

Post by osuka »

i don't know who i'm voting but VOTE: fire

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (isolation #51) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 409, fireisredsir wrote: i don't really feel like pushing there rn anyway or fighting for it but i just felt like noting it since it was what i was feeling in the moment
so now it wasn't a shitpost anymore, it was just actual garbage that i shouldnt push you for posting because you admit that it was?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (isolation #52) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by osuka »

do you think i'm an idiot

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (isolation #53) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by osuka »

and

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (isolation #54) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by osuka »

pagetop

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (isolation #55) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:38 pm

Post by osuka »

lmao what the fuck that was 415 not 425 whoops

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (isolation #56) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:38 pm

Post by osuka »

it's too late for this shit

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #57) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:38 pm

Post by osuka »

i might be confused about the post count but at least i'm not confused about the gamestate!!!!
VOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: redVOTE: red

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (isolation #58) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:41 pm

Post by osuka »

on a good day, if there are rainbows and flowers and sunshine and perfect weather and the animals are all smiling and the sun doesn't emit UV so it can't cause skin cancer, and when i'm in an exceptionally good mood, i could say that 127 is game-advancing

but then what the fuck else on your iso fits under that category? it's a shitfest in there

pedit: @fire

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (isolation #59) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:42 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 420, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 411, osuka wrote:
In post 409, fireisredsir wrote: i don't really feel like pushing there rn anyway or fighting for it but i just felt like noting it since it was what i was feeling in the moment
so now it wasn't a shitpost anymore, it was just actual garbage that i shouldnt push you for posting because you admit that it was?
i have no idea what you're talking about here tbh the post you're quoting wasn't related to you at all, it was continuing my tris convo
kindly quote what you're replying to, especially if your response is 13 posts late to the conversation

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (isolation #60) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:42 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 421, Meuh wrote:

Tbh I was gonna vote Baltar because I had worse feelings on him, but then thought I’d do you instead for the sake of applying pressure and getting more substantial content
Didn’t rly get cold feet on Skitter, though I did like some stuff in her most recent posts before my vote. I more wanted to take a step in sorting the other players in my scum pool better, and my vote on Skitter did this much less meaningfully than one on you did
so you're throwing your vote around to get me to say stuff?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (isolation #61) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:42 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 415, osuka wrote: pagetop

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (isolation #62) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:44 pm

Post by osuka »

it's nice to see that for once in my fucking life, i'm not the most confused person in a game of mafia

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (isolation #63) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:45 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 427, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 422, osuka wrote: on a good day, if there are rainbows and flowers and sunshine and perfect weather and the animals are all smiling and the sun doesn't emit UV so it can't cause skin cancer, and when i'm in an exceptionally good mood, i could say that 127 is game-advancing

but then what the fuck else on your iso fits under that category? it's a shitfest in there

pedit: @fire
i dunno i think ive advanced the game a lot

it sounds like you have an issue with the way i like to play the game

which ok

sorry i guess

but have fun with trying to catch scum that way bc it isn't alignment related at all
if i had an issue with the way you like to play the game i wouldn't push you on that because that's nai. what i do have an issue with is you pretending like you've posted anything that matters without actually being able to point to it

i'll ask again: can you point me towards posts of yours you think have provided new, insightful content into the game?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (isolation #64) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:46 pm

Post by osuka »

something something that's what a pedit is for something

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (isolation #65) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:46 pm

Post by osuka »

whatever fuck it, it doesn't matter

can you respond to 429?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #66) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:47 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 432, Meuh wrote:
In post 398, osuka wrote:
In post 380, Meuh wrote:
Leaning town there
to
Rest can be town
Regardless, when I took at look at the collective ISO of you/Skitter/VPB/Hellbooks, you fit within the group quite nicely and I found that to be pretty meaningful

there wasn't any reason for your read on me to progress because there was NOTHING coming out of my slot other than a garbage one-liner of tangibly game-related content i derived from skimming every page for 15 seconds at 4 am
Why are you so outraged at the idea of someone’s perspective on a low content slot changing through the use of POE and interactions from other players?
Someone’s alignment doesn’t shine through purely from their own posting, as it turns out!!!
i'm literally going to write a scraper to see how many times i was mentioned between these posts

stand by

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (isolation #67) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:52 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 436, Meuh wrote: we have a collective scuminess so unimaginably high that at least one of us has to be scum

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (isolation #68) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:22 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 434, osuka wrote:
In post 432, Meuh wrote:
In post 398, osuka wrote:
In post 380, Meuh wrote:
Leaning town there
to
Rest can be town

Why are you so outraged at the idea of someone’s perspective on a low content slot changing through the use of POE and interactions from other players?
Someone’s alignment doesn’t shine through purely from their own posting, as it turns out!!!
i'm literally going to write a scraper to see how many times i was mentioned between these posts

stand by
i promised, i delivered:

Code: Select all

/mnt/c/users/f/s/re/mafiascum dev !1 ?12 ❯ python3 ./scraper.py                                           felipe@Freyja
between posts 216 and 277, osuka was mentioned in 1 posts:
        ['266']
and he was directly quoted in 0 posts:
        []
/mnt/c/users/f/s/re/mafiascum dev !1 ?12 ❯

if you don't believe me you can just run this
Spoiler: scraper.py

Code: Select all

from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import requests

thread_id = 90886

if __name__ == '__main__':
    url_base = 'https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php'
    start, end = 216, 277

pg_start = start - start % 25
    pg_end = end + 1 - end % 25

mentions, quotes = [], []

for st in range(pg_start, pg_end, 25):
        rq = requests.get(url_base, params={
            't': thread_id,
            'start': st,
        })

soup = BeautifulSoup(rq.text, 'html.parser')

for post in soup.find_all('div', {'class': 'postbody'}):
            post_number = post.find('span', {'class': 'post-number-bolded'}).text[1:]
            if int(post_number) < start or end < int(post_number):
                continue

post_content = post.find('div', {'class': 'content'})
            post_quotes = []

for element in post_content.find_all('blockquote'):
                if element.parent is post_content:
                    post_quotes.append(element)
                element.extract()

post_body = post_content.text

# horrible hack to remove vote counts lol
            if 'this is a mod note.' in post_body:
                continue

if 'osuka' in post_body.lower():
                mentions.append(post_number)

for quote in post_quotes:
                # horribler hack to get name of whoever got quoted. please never use this in anything that matters
                *quote_target, = quote.find_all('a', href=True)
                quote_target = quote_target[1].text
                if 'osuka' == quote_target.lower():
                    quotes.append(post_number)
                    break

print(f'between posts {start} and {end}, osuka was mentioned in {len(mentions)} posts:')
    print(f'\t{mentions}')
    print(f'and he was directly quoted in {len(quotes)} posts:')
    print(f'\t{quotes}')

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (isolation #69) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by osuka »

literally NOTHING happened between these two posts so unless:
- the POE included townreads on EVERYBODY except for me and vpb, or;
- the POE included strong enough negative associatives for vpb and townreads on everybody else, or;
- you have a fucking crystal ball;

then that post is fabrication and overwhelmingly likely a whole load of shit

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (isolation #70) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 438, Meuh wrote:
In post 424, osuka wrote:
In post 421, Meuh wrote:

Tbh I was gonna vote Baltar because I had worse feelings on him, but then thought I’d do you instead for the sake of applying pressure and getting more substantial content
Didn’t rly get cold feet on Skitter, though I did like some stuff in her most recent posts before my vote. I more wanted to take a step in sorting the other players in my scum pool better, and my vote on Skitter did this much less meaningfully than one on you did
so you're throwing your vote around to get me to say stuff?
Exactly! That’s the the main way to use your vote before we get close to a lim. It was a proactive way to make use of it.
you can get a pass for this

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (isolation #71) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by osuka »

not for anything else though

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (isolation #72) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:28 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 440, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 429, osuka wrote:i'll ask again: can you point me towards posts of yours you think have provided new, insightful content into the game?
im having an extremely hard time believing that you could genuinely think this is a line of questioning that will lead anywhere productive

there is absolutely nothing i could say here that will satisfy you bc you can very easily just go "nah thats not good enough"

so why are you asking it. what are you trying to accomplish here

obviously i think that most of my posts have provided content. ive made like idk 5-10 that were just memes but those are also useful imo for me at least for helping to feel out people's vibes and how they respond

if you think that all of my posts are useless and provide nothing then i don't really have any interest in engaging with you on this point. you can vote me for that if you want and you will be wrong

im not going to argue with you over which of my posts pass your arbitrary bar for adding valuable content to the game and not being a waste of space because that sounds very unpleasant and also pretty boring and useless
that's not true - you can definitely say something that will satisfy me, but this is definitely not it

i'm trying my absolute hardest to give you a fair chance of changing of my opinion in the most honest way possible. if you can't do it here then i'll take it as confirmation that everything i said about your slot is correct, so it's in your best interest to give it a shot lest you get deathtunneled d1

help me help you and point me towards ONE post other than the one i mentioned where you've actually posted a meaningful analysis of anything this game so far for other players to read. you don't even have to try that hard if you've provided all the content you said you did

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (isolation #73) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:28 pm

Post by osuka »

i will ALWAYS call someone's bluff if they haven't done shit but are pretending to have done so

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (isolation #74) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:31 pm

Post by osuka »

if anyone else wants to use that script in another game or to do literally anything you feel like doing, go nuts

i'm sure you fine people can figure out how to change it to suit your particular purpose because python is basically english anyway

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:16 pm

Post by osuka »

let the record show that i went far out of my way to give fire a fair chance to convince me my opinion is incorrect and they declined to expand on any of their posts several times

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (isolation #76) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:46 pm

Post by osuka »

what i’m saying is that your posts are largely superficial and don’t contribute much to the overall gamestate. i’m not saying you’re a shitty player, im saying that’s indicative of scum because scum don’t actually have genuine thought processes when it comes to read progression. the closest scum gets to that is emulating that, but that’s hard and even then emulation is imperfect - many players just try to fabricate, instead.

either way as scum, it’s in your interest to give content that’s not truly groundbreaking or very disagreeable at all, because that generates discussion which you ideally don’t want to happen. that’s what i think is happening here and that’s what i’m trying to get you to convince me otherwise

make sense?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #77) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:58 pm

Post by osuka »

who do you not townread then

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (isolation #78) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:11 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 459, Skygazer wrote: does anyone wanna donate some brain cells to the cause
sorry i don’t have any braincells on me

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (isolation #79) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:12 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 458, fireisredsir wrote: i guess my point is i would prefer to convince you that i am providing content by just continuing to provide more content and not by talking about whether my previous content is content or not
ok fair

when do we start

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (isolation #80) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:21 pm

Post by osuka »

ok fuck it before i go to sleep i’m gonna finish the night with a bang

VOTE: meuh

idk what the vc is at but yolo

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (isolation #81) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:42 am

Post by osuka »

okay thats enough yolo for today
UNVOTE:

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #82) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:58 am

Post by osuka »

clearly baltars reads are geographically based because he just picked 2 people in charm city for possible meuh partners

not very charming at all i should say

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (isolation #83) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:52 am

Post by osuka »

gonna catch up here soon but in the meantime i do need to test an update i wrote to my votecounter so yolo VOTE: no exec

ill unvote this in a couple minutes lmao

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (isolation #84) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:00 am

Post by osuka »

UNVOTE:

i fixed it

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (isolation #85) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 468, skitter30 wrote:
In post 362, osuka wrote:
In post 156, skitter30 wrote:

I want to live!!!!!!!
@ausuka do you understand the difference i'm drawing between the vote itself and the 'i want to live' at the end?
skitter is still a slot i can't really place right now but this gives me the impression that this is all the push is and That Makes It Horseshit(tm)
Given that o've elaborated on the read abt three times now - this is a v inaccurate statemenr

And your posting on this page is Not Great
like sure you've explained it several times but you didn't actually add much to it.

why is my posting bad?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (isolation #86) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by osuka »

also sorry i did get distracted and just got back from a poker tournament so get ready for some nonsense

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (isolation #87) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:14 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 485, Meuh wrote:
In post 476, VP Baltar wrote: This is likely my last post before my family gets in town, so apologies I can't respond as in depth to the past 5 pages I just skimmed as I would like.

But...
In post 309, Meuh wrote:
In post 282, VP Baltar wrote:
Rest can be town
Do you see alignment in those pairs or you just PoE'd the game?
Bit of both. I do townread the other 4 more than you 4, but I also skimmed the combined ISO and the interaction between everyone there felt very blegh. iirc either small interactions shoved at the end of posts or none at all. The puzzle pieces just click quite well within the group.
Meuh, I feel like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth about this group of potential scum you posted.

I specifically asked you about alignment in those pairs because that was what I found most bizarre. I think osuka is making a good point about you attacking him when he hadn't really even posted.

The above post is you saying you do see some alignment there in the way those slots are interacting.

But then in these past pages, someone (tris maybe?) is asking you about this and you're like "lol it's just poe".

This I'd why I find your scum list unbelievable. I don't see how a person draws a conclusion those scum most likely break down that way, and I don't think you actually believed it when you said it either given how wishy washy you are on it. Also you're saying I'm scummier but you voted osuka, who hadn't posted. Pardon me? RED ALERT RED ALERT
I literally explained my vote already do you have an issue with the logic there? and is that seriously how you interpreted my answer to Tris? Are you just really poorly interpreting what I'm saying or are you not trying to sort me in the first place?

Probably the latter since this post is incredibly disingenuous.
You want my vote on you instead, here you go!

VOTE: Baltar

Pedit: :lol:
surely you can do better omgus than this??

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (isolation #88) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 494, fireisredsir wrote: disclaimer that this post is probably superficial and not very Content, im just thinking out loud about gamestate

this game feels weird in that it feels like most people are kind of in the thick of things and fighting with each other, but in every direction possible. there definitely isn't really town cohesion but town cohesion is often a lie anyway and in a small game like this sometimes is more likely to come from scum trying to get on people's good sides

like for example meuh and i have somewhat similar reads on things. but im hesitant to agree with her because im also suspicious of her. there's no real strong consensus reads anywhere and i think everyone has someone that is suspicious of them

i think things just feel really chaotic and messy and things are flying in every direction and i think that means scum are either not working together (or are actively placing themselves on opposite sides here and pushing each other), or there's one main scum who's mostly fighting it out solo and the other one is more on the sidelines

i lean towards the former more, i think? but maybe that's just because that makes my current individual reads more plausible

i also think that in these types of gamestates where there clearly isn't any town cohesion, i don't think there's a super high success rate of sorting out the knot of players in the middle of it especially on the first try, since with low vote totals it doesn't take much for scum to tip the scales into a direction that favors them

so i think what I'm saying as a result of this is that right now i want to try to find town and work with them more than i want to try to dive in sort out the mess
this + 495 is goodposting

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (isolation #89) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:18 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 543, hellbooks wrote:
In post 526, Skygazer wrote: ppl from baltimore must have scummy auras
guy who didnt understand the wire
omar comin yo

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (isolation #90) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:20 pm

Post by osuka »

i hope to fuck baltar is town because he's making a whole lot of sense and that's very scary if he's scum

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (isolation #91) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by osuka »

as to whether baltar v. fire is tvt, svs, or tvs, i think it's not svs but beyond that it's just a ?v?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (isolation #92) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 565, hellbooks wrote: VOTE: osuka
back in my pro-meuh era
i'd like to try and drum up some controversy by suggesting a shocking fire/baltar scum team
"fire/baltar scumteam" - votes osuka, who's been pushing fire

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (isolation #93) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:17 pm

Post by osuka »

i was gonna say "nice graph" but i quickly realized that's a microsoft office graph so it's 3/10 for me

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #94) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:18 pm

Post by osuka »

can you expound? hopefully the graph is elaboratable

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (isolation #95) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by osuka »

nobody can make sense of me

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (isolation #96) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by osuka »

they are

VOTE: meuh

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (isolation #97) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:49 pm

Post by osuka »

i’m not too trusting of vpb but i think i can get more out of that slot day 2, so i’d rather not exec that today

my immediate vote is between fire and meuh, and i think fire is ever so slightly townier so meuh it is for now. i can be talked out of this though so if this sounds to anyone like a horrible idea and they can express that intelligently, i just might be convinced

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (isolation #98) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by osuka »

now that i’ve taken the initiative of explaining my vote, why don’t you go ahead fire

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (isolation #99) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:03 pm

Post by osuka »

oh i missed that

there was a whole page where i was acutely aware of that, let me go back

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (isolation #100) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by osuka »

so i definitely had page 22 in mind when i wrote that but after skimming it again it does look to me like he made sense in pretty much everything he said but none of it was any real analysis i think. maybe i need to revisit that slot before d2? i was planning on putting that on hold for the rest of d1 because as previously mentioned, there are better execs and i think i can get more of that slot both in terms of read correctness and confidence, as well as associatives

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (isolation #101) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:09 pm

Post by osuka »

and to be completely honest yeah i’m sort of checking boxes at this point because this game feels like it is fully stalled and id rather not make shit up because that’s never productive and helps nobody or anything

like i don’t think i have much to add to anything at this point because i’ll either just restate what i’ve already said or reread the entire thread and talk about shit that is so old none of us remember it anymore

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (isolation #102) » Mon May 01, 2023 5:39 am

Post by osuka »

at work so cant be bothered to post anything intelligent right now, but i do need to point out that none of you can read me

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (isolation #103) » Mon May 01, 2023 5:39 am

Post by osuka »

any of you that have played with me in the past should know better

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (isolation #104) » Mon May 01, 2023 7:09 am

Post by osuka »

In post 656, Skygazer wrote: osuka same deal but even worse bc it's mostly geographical solidarity
one hundred emoji

if i get voted off you can find me getting blackout drunk and running from baltimore police in the inner harbor

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (isolation #105) » Mon May 01, 2023 7:59 am

Post by osuka »

it should go without saying that getting executed goes against my wincon so it's in my best interest to respond to whatever reasons people have to vote me and show them why they're bad

so whenever anyone has any tangible justification for voting me beyond "vibes" please do let me know and ill tell you exactly why youre horribly wrong

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (isolation #106) » Mon May 01, 2023 8:16 am

Post by osuka »

In post 676, Ausuka wrote:
In post 638, osuka wrote: at work so cant be bothered to post anything intelligent right now, but i do need to point out that none of you can read me
Hmmm as far as I can tell your last scum game was two years ago? I'd love to hear your thoughts as to what clears you here though
did i ever say i was cleared?

i know my alignment for a fact and none of you do, so whatever you think my alignment is is just the result of your read. given that i know i'm town and you think i'm scum, your read is incorrect and thus you can't read me

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (isolation #107) » Mon May 01, 2023 8:22 am

Post by osuka »

In post 678, Ausuka wrote:
In post 639, osuka wrote: any of you that have played with me in the past should know better
?

Does this not indicate that you think you're towned by meta somehow

Also i'm not voting you
i didnt mean you specifically, i meant general "you"

what i meant by 639 there was that everyone that's played with me should know better than to think they can read me. that was unclear, my bad

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (isolation #108) » Mon May 01, 2023 8:34 am

Post by osuka »

In post 681, Skygazer wrote: working an event but 677 pings me strongly
in that case just refer to 638

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (isolation #109) » Mon May 01, 2023 8:41 am

Post by osuka »

thats a lot of effort

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (isolation #110) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:33 am

Post by osuka »

even sus-ser that she lives in the uk apparently

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #111) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:35 am

Post by osuka »

i found out that goddamn stringer bell was british after i watched the whole show and it's been several years and im still not over it

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (isolation #112) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:40 am

Post by osuka »

In post 699, Skygazer wrote: i do think brexiting ausuka is not the play today
im fine with this for now

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (isolation #113) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:56 am

Post by osuka »

possibly for the first time in this game, i wholeheartedly agree with ausuka here

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (isolation #114) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:56 am

Post by osuka »

pedit: i got ninjad, i meant about 708 not 709

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (isolation #115) » Mon May 01, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by osuka »

does it bother anyone else that the font in the new forum makes "cl" look like "d"? i had to read meuhs last post 3 times before i realized it said "clicks so well in my head" instead of "dicks so well in my head" but it makes a LOT more sense now

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (isolation #116) » Mon May 01, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 734, tris wrote:
In post 733, hellbooks wrote:
In post 704, tris wrote:
In post 685, hellbooks wrote: and i just dont like her pool of townreads at all tbh.
whys that
cuz of my baltarfire spicy solve ;) uh oh... meuhs not gonna like that i said that... But in reality it just didnt sit right w me idk, like you were picking all the ppl who seemed to me potentially poised to deepwolf (back at it again with my baltar wagon denialism)
wouldn't that be an innocent town me getting fooled? why is that scummy?
?????????????

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (isolation #117) » Mon May 01, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by osuka »

can someone, anyone at all, please tell me just what the goddamned fuck is going on in this game

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (isolation #118) » Mon May 01, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by osuka »

please i’m begging for the smallest sliver of clarity

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (isolation #119) » Mon May 01, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by osuka »

i want to preface this by saying that this is going to be the worst post ever made by someone getting wagoned. if there was a scummy for worst post of the year this might win it. i fear this is going to be getting into new horizons of ATE or WIFOM or however it would be categorized. they might even have to come up with an entirely new acronym for it, perhaps we could call it HBFP (hot boy fail posting). i am extremely sorry for this and know that i truly do only want the best for this game, and for the truth to prevail. and after some thought this really did seem like the best that i could come up with. and so please understand that this post had to be made, because at my core, i am only a Poster -- who is really just doing her best to assume, for the duration of this game, the role of a Mafia Player. and such is this poster's burden that i feel: that universal and undeniable compulsion to Speak our Truths. this is surely a source of great strife. for in every horrendous take is a person who believes in it; is blinded by it; finds themselves a mere avatar of its message.

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (isolation #120) » Mon May 01, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by osuka »

G'day mate, let me tell ya upfront that this post's gonna be the worst bloody post ever made by someone who's been wagoned. If there was an award for the scummiest post of the year, this one could fair dinkum win it, no worries. It's gonna take us into new horizons of ATE or WIFOM, or whatever acronym ya wanna chuck on it, y'know what I mean? They might even need a whole new acronym for it. Maybe we could call it HAFP, which stands for "hot aussie fail posting." I'm fair dinkum sorry about this, but I want the best for this game, and for the truth to come out. But after having a bloody good yakka about it, this seemed like the best thing I could come up with. So please understand that I had to make this post. 'Cause deep down, I'm just a bloody Poster, tryna play the role of a Mafia Player for this game. It's a bloody heavy burden, ya know what I'm sayin'? There's this undeniable urge we all have to speak our truths, even if it causes a bit of a kerfuffle. 'Cause in every bloody terrible take, there's a person who believes in it, who's blinded by it, who becomes just an avatar of its message, ya reckon?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (isolation #121) » Mon May 01, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by osuka »

sure after i’m done taking care of some business i shall not elaborate on

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (isolation #122) » Mon May 01, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by osuka »

oh i thought you meant why was i confused

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (isolation #123) » Mon May 01, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by osuka »

i genuinely don't know how to read hellbooks. her entire iso is basically just shitposts. even though theyre quality, like who does that? town? doubt it, town's trying to solve the game. scum? doubt it, scum's trying to stay alive. i don't know how this works??

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (isolation #124) » Mon May 01, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by osuka »

trust me i know

ive literally played a datisi setup with 3x mafia doctors and one gunsmith where every armed player was town. there was also a weak vig claim im pretty sure, that game was fucking chaos and i loved it

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (isolation #125) » Mon May 01, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by osuka »

so who's the bus driver?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (isolation #126) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 758, Ausuka wrote: I actually think that was the worst one he's actually ran

He makes a lot of meme games but I don't think any of them are really close to the mafia doctor one
are you kidding me? i love that setup even more than i love the fact that it somehow got nrg approval

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (isolation #127) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by osuka »

i expect datisi to push the boundaries of what is considered normal and i will be supremely disappointed if this setup is anything but clinically unhinged

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (isolation #128) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by osuka »

welcome to the confusion club

none of us know how or why we're here

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (isolation #129) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 772, hellbooks wrote: I would like to formally offer a draw to the scumteam. If you would, please step forward and shake my hand.
i'll have my people reach out to your people

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (isolation #130) » Mon May 01, 2023 8:45 pm

Post by osuka »

osuka is always at the top

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (isolation #131) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:31 pm

Post by osuka »

this game is stalled and we're getting to the deadline

i'm still torn on whether i'm okay with vpb or not. it's been really hard to get a good read this game for whatever reason and i'm very very tired so i'm not super sharp right now. i sort of want to come back to this tomorrow and see what i can do in terms of figuring out which of fire/vpb is scum because i very much doubt that's tvt

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (isolation #132) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:32 pm

Post by osuka »

ebwop: whether i'm okay with _a vpb vote_

brain bad, forget some words so sentence not complete and meaning change

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (isolation #133) » Wed May 03, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by osuka »

i dont recall ever having played with baltar. maybe i have at one point, but if i have then it's been so long that it honestly doesn't help me here at all

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (isolation #134) » Wed May 03, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by osuka »

im gonna break my own self-imposed rule of going out of my way to blow up my meta every time i play a game, but fuck it at this point i need ~something~ to go off of

question to the room: is in baltar's scumrange?

i personally love that post and off of that alone i am inclined to take that slot off of my d1 pool but i am also very afraid of doing that because that's very much the sort of shit that i do, have done, and will keep on doing as either alignment when shit goes sideways next to deadline. that's absolutely in my scumrange and ive gotten away with it more times than i probably shouldve, so i want to make sure that's not super out of character for town baltar before i make up my mind before deadline

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (isolation #135) » Wed May 03, 2023 7:58 pm

Post by osuka »

another reason i like that post is because it's almost clinically analytical, which i love as well. it looks like it's mostly objective as opposed to opinionated, which i also like to do as either alignment

staying objective helps you be more accurate, have more sway, and most importantly, it makes sense when you think about it critically so it's difficult to disagree with (while simultaneously making sense yourself). this degree of separation is either a result of playstyle, or indicative of someone who is _very_ acutely aware of the situation they're in and (correctly) see this as a viable way of getting out of it.

please please PLEASE someone give me something, anything, on baltar's meta because i honestly don't have the time to read a whole ass game before deadline (or with the way work's going, at all)

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (isolation #136) » Wed May 03, 2023 7:58 pm

Post by osuka »

fuck it we're close to deadline and for the time being, i'm convinced
VOTE: fire

i hope to fuck i'm not hardpocketed

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (isolation #137) » Wed May 03, 2023 8:00 pm

Post by osuka »

i maintain that it is virtually guaranteed that there is >=1 scum in { meuh, fire } but fuck me if it's not a coin flip in my mind at this point in time

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (isolation #138) » Wed May 03, 2023 8:02 pm

Post by osuka »

waiting anxiously for the hellbrooks hgfp catchup because i do need to see that before deadline i think

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (isolation #139) » Wed May 03, 2023 8:03 pm

Post by osuka »

anyway it's late and my sleep schedule is obliterated so i need to get the fuck away from this computer

also we need to get this shit rolling quick so please ask me whatever comes to mind, as long as it doesn't have to do with the moon landing because i have an nda and can't talk about that

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (isolation #140) » Thu May 04, 2023 4:50 am

Post by osuka »

i gotta work so dont hammer until i’m back

either tris is scum or the tooth pain really is doing something there. this sounds like omgus but that’s a ridiculously opportunistic vote

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (isolation #141) » Thu May 04, 2023 4:51 am

Post by osuka »

i still prefer fire or meuh but tris is next on the list but i gotta think a bit more about vpb tonight. probably gonna iso

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (isolation #142) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:19 am

Post by osuka »

at this time i would like to point out that were it not for the fact that im offering resistance on the vpb wagon, the switch over to me would probably not have happened - so voting me is only justified if you think im scum with baltar or im scum that otherwise has reason to keep baltar around.

if i'm scum here, why do i put my ass on the line for a townie?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (isolation #143) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:21 am

Post by osuka »

tris' vote comes in at a time when there is significant volatility because there is a lot of time pressure to consolidate, but it's completely empty and it has been previously established that nobody actually has any reason to vote me beyond "hasn't done much" or "vibes" - the first of which is fair (i feel the same, there's little clarity on this game in my mind), and the second one is complete garbage because it's intangible to the point of being impossible to respond to

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (isolation #144) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:22 am

Post by osuka »

something something none of you can read me despite the mask coming off a couple pages ago so whatever

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (isolation #145) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:22 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1092, Skygazer wrote:
In post 1090, osuka wrote: at this time i would like to point out that were it not for the fact that im offering resistance on the vpb wagon, the switch over to me would probably not have happened - so voting me is only justified if you think im scum with baltar or im scum that otherwise has reason to keep baltar around.

scummy post
explain

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (isolation #146) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:29 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1095, fireisredsir wrote: im just confused why you think it's opportunistic to vote you specifically

would you have said the same if the vote was on another wagon?

i think her vote on you was less momentum-following than other possible votes which to me doesn't seem particularly opportunistic
what i said applies to any slot pushing an alternative wagon

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (isolation #147) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:31 am

Post by osuka »

im not concerned about optics - i'm only showing you why it makes no sense to do that as scum

you haven't answered the question: why would i put my ass on the line for a townie here? i wasnt under pressure back then but i did put myself in a position where i'm exposed to it, and again at a time of particular volatility vote-wise.

to be clear: if you think i would take this risk as scum for a slot that i think is town, youre out of your fucking mind because playing scum is about taking calculated risks and there's no calculation that would justify me creating this situation

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (isolation #148) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:38 am

Post by osuka »

i couldve just voted baltar and said his post didnt convince me, could i not? wouldnt that just kick it back into gear? it would instantly make it the leading wagon

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (isolation #149) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:38 am

Post by osuka »

like what im pointing out is that this is not the path of least resistance at all. what's my scum motivation to do this?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (isolation #150) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:40 am

Post by osuka »

what about any of this says hiding

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (isolation #151) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:43 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1111, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1090, osuka wrote: at this time i would like to point out that were it not for the fact that im offering resistance on the vpb wagon, the switch over to me would probably not have happened - so voting me is only justified if you think im scum with baltar or im scum that otherwise has reason to keep baltar around.

I'm not sure i follow this reasoning, van you break it down some more?
it boils down to "why would i expose myself to defend vpb", which anyone has yet to answer. with only hellbooks voteparking me at that point in time, that's huge exposure that if i'm scum i don't need or want 36h before deadline

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (isolation #152) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:43 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1113, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1110, osuka wrote: what about any of this says hiding
the part before people voted you? when you weren't under pressure?
ill give you a chance to elaborate on this before i say anything mean

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (isolation #153) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:45 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1117, tris wrote:
In post 1114, osuka wrote:

it boils down to "why would i expose myself to defend vpb", which anyone has yet to answer. with only hellbooks voteparking me at that point in time, that's huge exposure that if i'm scum i don't need or want 36h before deadline
explain how that was you exposing yourself
am i not exposed?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (isolation #154) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:46 am

Post by osuka »

okay let's take a step back here

why are you voting me then? because i'm not offering insanely hot takes?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (isolation #155) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:52 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1121, tris wrote:
In post 1119, osuka wrote:

am i not exposed?
im talking about when you made the post you claim exposed you. the current state of things is irrelevant

the string of posts starting with is completely unfiltered

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (isolation #156) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:53 am

Post by osuka »

im going back to you cant read me then clearly

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (isolation #157) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:53 am

Post by osuka »

im pretty sure weve played together so you should know all of this

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (isolation #158) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:56 am

Post by osuka »

uhh one sec

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (isolation #159) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:57 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1131, tris wrote:
In post 1126, osuka wrote:
In post 1121, tris wrote:
In post 1119, osuka wrote:

am i not exposed?
im talking about when you made the post you claim exposed you. the current state of things is irrelevant
the string of posts starting with is completely unfiltered
? i dont see how this explains anything. unfiltered means exposed?
does it not?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (isolation #160) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:57 am

Post by osuka »

also i take that back we didnt play together, i was the mod in that game lmao

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (isolation #161) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:00 am

Post by osuka »

partially, right

everything i do is calculated because im trying to achieve a certain condition, regardless of my alignment. there's always an agenda, no matter whether it's the same as yours or actually a genuinely innocent one (like trying to solve the game)

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (isolation #162) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:00 am

Post by osuka »

that was masks off, full honest transparency and it should be clear to anyone why i dont do that at all because it obviously bit me in the ass

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (isolation #163) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:05 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1138, fireisredsir wrote: i don't really think people are voting you over those posts

i think the transparency is generally helpful for reading you
it is and thats why i dislike it

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (isolation #164) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:05 am

Post by osuka »

but i shouldnt be too upset because clearly none of you can read me regardless of transparency lmao

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (isolation #165) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:09 am

Post by osuka »

yes

obvtowning gets you shot

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (isolation #166) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:17 am

Post by osuka »

can you stop asking obvious questions

im the leading wagon am i not

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (isolation #167) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:25 am

Post by osuka »

fire you should listen to skitter

she's made more sense in the last 30 seconds than you have the entire game

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (isolation #168) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:31 am

Post by osuka »

no, because you make sense

confirmation bias i guess but youre the only one that agrees with something that is patently obvious to me so i'm not even sure why we're all having this conversation

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (isolation #169) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:32 am

Post by osuka »

not because you took me out of the vote pool, but because you recognize that i have no reason to do what i did other than being partnered with baltar, so unless thats the case in someone's head then this push is fairly asinine

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (isolation #170) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:39 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1155, skitter30 wrote: I wrote that after you said that tho?
you did, and yet the rest of the wagon somehow disagrees even after i said that

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1163 (isolation #171) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:40 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1157, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1151, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1148, Skygazer wrote:
In post 1146, skitter30 wrote: I feel like osuka' gonna be a miss tbh
i feel the same about hellbooks so
I'm taking osuka out of my vote pool today. I think that he's a bit abrasive, but i think he's right: i don't think he needs to go out of his way to defend the leading wagon there unless he's scum with vpb
do you really think that baltar was likely to be the lim after he made his big post and i backed off?
yes

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (isolation #172) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:51 am

Post by osuka »

i would personally love to dismiss 1168 but instead ill ask you to elaborate

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (isolation #173) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:51 am

Post by osuka »

i could get on board with a tris compromise

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (isolation #174) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:58 am

Post by osuka »

let him cook

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (isolation #175) » Thu May 04, 2023 7:10 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1178, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1084, osuka wrote: i still prefer fire or meuh but tris is next on the list but i gotta think a bit more about vpb tonight. probably gonna iso
Like this post doesn't particularly strike me as a HELL NO on VP.

I find osuka's reaction a bit over the top here, but maybe he's just like that. I have no meta.
i dont see anything radically changing so that vote would be a compromise, most likely. im not sure whether i should consider that compromise or not but it's looking like a no for now

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1185 (isolation #176) » Thu May 04, 2023 7:48 am

Post by osuka »

i'm not sure why youre confused

with 30 minutes on the clock its a very different conversation. i will do most votes short of a self-hammer there, but with >12 hours im not gonna vote you

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (isolation #177) » Thu May 04, 2023 8:00 am

Post by osuka »

that's an odd turn of events

why are you not excited about getting rid of me

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (isolation #178) » Thu May 04, 2023 8:09 am

Post by osuka »

glad to hear im at the exact spot i was aiming for

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (isolation #179) » Thu May 04, 2023 10:18 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1196, tris wrote: like, i dont know how to have opinions. idk. des anyone have any tips for dealing with that going into day 2?
just be like me, act off of the assumption that your own thoughts and ideas are just that much better than everyone else’s and that whoever disagrees is wrong, because the alternative is that you are and that’s impossible

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (isolation #180) » Thu May 04, 2023 10:20 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1201, hellbooks wrote:
In post 1194, VP Baltar wrote: I don't know if I believe you that your view would change if I or hellbrooks flipped town though and that's my issue. I suspect you'd just try to power the other one through the next day.
are you actually so confident that im town that you have a huge problem with meuh continuing to scumread me if you get limmed D1
i think he just means that’s disingenuous? that’s what i got from that

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (isolation #181) » Thu May 04, 2023 11:00 am

Post by osuka »

that's a sad sad misrep

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (isolation #182) » Thu May 04, 2023 11:01 am

Post by osuka »

i'll choose to channel my energies for other purposes instead of actually explaining why that might be the worst post in the game

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (isolation #183) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1214, Ausuka wrote: Ok i went back to read that interaction again and my view on it hasn't changed. I don't think baltar's wallpost was terrible but I think saying it's "objective and not opinionated" is like, not really accurate at all. That isn't even a criticism of baltar's post - Baltar can be like right about the scumteam, and right in his reasoning for it too, and that would still not be a super objective and not opinionated post. It was a post pushing the prior opinions baltar had about other people being reasonable. I think the interaction of saying "baltar and fire is ?v?, idk about baltar" saying "oh baltar's wallpost may be towny but i could be convinced otherwise" is a p soft defense and osuka using it to demand he gets townread is just ??? to me. i think scum defend townies who are being wagoned, like... really really regularly, even if the scum player is being scumread by some people. this makes sense because if scum always just jumped on the opportune wagon it'd be transparent. In general when i'm reading baltar's posts about fire i think i can believe he believes it more than i can say the same about osuka, isoing him.

VOTE: osuka

I think this is a better vote than hellbooks or fire is
ok forget what i said about the other post being the worst in the thread. this takes the cake

i did do a somewhat soft defense but the question stands: why would i defend at all if i were scum? what really gets to me in this post is "demanding to be townread" - i'm not demanding anything, i'm not _trying_ to be townread, and i'm not even saying anyone should townread me. i'm saying only, and very clearly, that none of you, yourself included, can evidently read me at all.

defending baltar in that situation is the wrong thing to do if i'm scum and it's not something i wouldve done if i had a red role pm, unless he was teamed with me

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1225 (isolation #184) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by osuka »

1214 is a fucking asinine post. the more i read it, the more annoyed i get

i'm going to fuck off for a second because i need to get on a call and if i have to repeat myself even ONCE more about the fucking baltar defense and "demanding to be townread" i'm gonna blow a fucking gasket

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1226 (isolation #185) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by osuka »

i'll claim if i'm at e-1 and if i am then you can blame whoever put me there and just get rid of them afterwards

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (isolation #186) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by osuka »

what i think is strange is that if ausuka is scum, why does she unvote me here?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (isolation #187) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by osuka »

like her latest string of posts fucking reeks but that makes no sense to me. if she's scum then surely she just keeps the vote on me?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1266 (isolation #188) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by osuka »

i can tris it up

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (isolation #189) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by osuka »

idk how i feel about a hellbooks elim though @skitter

i would take that over a no exec but its not my preferred d1 exec for sure

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (isolation #190) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by osuka »

im also down to flashtrain the other suka

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (isolation #191) » Thu May 04, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by osuka »

i physically tilted my head reading the last two posts and only realized it after the fact

whatever that means

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (isolation #192) » Thu May 04, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by osuka »

fuck it, if it's between me and hellbooks it's better if it isn't me

VOTE: hellbooks
e-1

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (isolation #193) » Thu May 04, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by osuka »

im going to sleep now pls no hammer

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1402 (isolation #194) » Fri May 05, 2023 5:08 am

Post by osuka »

this is what i wake up to? good god

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1404 (isolation #195) » Fri May 05, 2023 5:10 am

Post by osuka »

also - this is rookie shit
In post 1384, Skygazer wrote: Okay I might be onto something here. If you convert every letter in Ausuka's name into a number this is what you get:

a = 1
u = 21
s = 19
u = 21
k = 11
a = 1

Every letter has a 1 in it. Does this mean Ausuka is the "one" (ie scum) that we are looking for?

Not only that, but if you take out the oddball letters (the ones with only one digit) you get this: "usuk." Clearly some kind of rude scum message. And if you take the first and last letter of "usuk," you get "UK." I think this points towards Ausuka being British which is a huge red flag.

Something to look into come tomorrow.
every character in "Ausuka" is an odd value in the ASCII table:
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> *q,=map(ord,'Ausuka')
>>> q
[65, 117, 115, 117, 107, 97][/code]
this clearly means that ausuka is a very odd character

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (isolation #196) » Fri May 05, 2023 5:10 am

Post by osuka »

fuck i broke it you guys

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1420 (isolation #197) » Sun May 07, 2023 7:13 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1419, Meuh wrote: Well shit

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (isolation #198) » Sun May 07, 2023 7:14 am

Post by osuka »

ausuka is a strange nk though

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1442 (isolation #199) » Sun May 07, 2023 7:38 am

Post by osuka »

how is that a spicy take, sky

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”