Micro 8 - Mafia in the Lounge (Game over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:21 am

Post by Hyperion »

/confirm, 10 day dayphases sounds good. name is Gisele Cardozo. HOwever, don't see why Mykonian thinks a name claim would be important...
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by Hyperion »

:/ I'm the girl with the bun apparently...
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by Hyperion »

In post 51, Empking wrote:
Unvote, Vote: CMAR

Why are you voting for CMAR. Is it the same reasons as (whoever else it was I don't remember)?
In post 52, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 22, Hyperion wrote:/confirm, 10 day dayphases sounds good. name is Gisele Cardozo. HOwever, don't see why Mykonian thinks a name claim would be important...

Okay, this post caught my eye right away. I'm not really sure if it is the wording, or anything else, but it just seems so
opportunistic
, esp for such an early game stage. It almost seems like Hyper is trying to keep his options open so he can backtrack later. So if the name claiming helps, he can always say he claimed his name right away, to be pro-town, etc. But if the plan didn't work and for example made Myko look scummy, he can always backtrack and say that he questioned his method from the beginning. I don't know. It's just like saying "Okay, I'll go ahead with plan A but I don't see the point", while in mafia, you're
supposed
to question people's intent and motivations.

VOTE: Hyperion

This is ridiculous :/
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Hyperion »

In post 63, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 58, Knight of Cydonia wrote:
I'm genuinely not sure if you're this stupid in all your games, or it's some kinda magical ploy to create a VI meta to get away with literally anything.

Tbh, I'm unsure myself Image

In post 61, Hyperion wrote:This is ridiculous :/

That's nice, but soldiers don't die on the battlefield because they don't believe in the cause. Mothers don't go through labor because they don't believe in the cause. Supporters of the legalization of marijuana don't rally because they don't believe in the cause. Astronauts don't go into space because they don't believe in the cause. Olympic athletes don't train their asses off every single day because they don't believe in the cause. They all
believe
in what they're doing.

Why, sir, are you for a cause you don't believe in, or, to be more exact, that you don't understand in? Unless Myko is the oracle of delphi, I don't see your point.

In post 59, CryMeARiver wrote:It's a good case for this early in a small game.

Is a good case not one that catches scum?

And you say that the case on you is a good case?

Soooo, you're scum?

Replying to all the parts of this post
Part 1: I have played with Arthur ALOT on another site, he is better than this, especially recently
Part 2: Thats in real life, this is a game of mafia, how does tha make it a scumtell?
Part 3: A "good" case on page 3 is one that starts discussion, so as to draw reactions, however it may not be very acurate in catching scum.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by Hyperion »

In post 50, mykonian wrote:and having said that, the scum in this game. I'd say the odds are good crymeariver is scum here. At the start, this post stands out. While his vote gave no reason at all, with his unvote crymeariver "reveals" that it had been serious. While at the moment of voting (halfway page one) one could assume it was just a RVS vote. The post below seems to overexplain a page 2 unvote.

In post 26, CryMeARiver wrote:
In post 9, Knight of Cydonia wrote:/confirm - Joseph Whittle.

Nameclaiming almost certainly doesn't mean anything in this game, so I don't really understand Emp's reluctance to reveal it.

Hmph, I must have misunderstood the intent of this post then.

Unvote

Sure, that can happen, people unvote more often, but it feels really nervous and passive. The problem starts to arise with the next posts. Questions might seem investigative, but none of the answers could ever point crymeariver to who is scum. But with asking questions, crymeariver is in a rather low risk way "scumhunting". Using questions means that at no time you could be held responsible. He's poking around but not making any moves... pretty much in the same way as his unvote.

In post 38, CryMeARiver wrote:
In post 36, Knight of Cydonia wrote:2 girls, presumably 6 guys... well, I see no issues here, there's a hole for everyone.

There's only 7 players...

I'm the 6th person in the flavor it appears.

In post 43, CryMeARiver wrote:Mykonian, why did you have people claim their names?

In post 46, CryMeARiver wrote:
In post 45, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 31, Knight of Cydonia wrote:
In post 30, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 28, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:/confirm. Mi nombre es Master Deidre.

Dios mío, mi nombre es Deidre Masters, no es Master Deidre. Lo siento.

Post restriction?

No, when I wrote that I had just come back from dealing with a woman at work that didn't speak english and had to use my high school spanish to try and communicate with her <_<

In post 39, Oversoul wrote:
Please do not speak in languages other than English.

Sorry :oops:

In post 42, mykonian wrote:
Why the spanish Sir?

See above.

Any real game thoughts?

Hence
vote crymeariver

There isn't alot to go on right now, asking questions is just one way to get the game started, I don't see any problem with CMAR asking questions. What I don't like is this case. You use an unvote as the main part of it and then add in the questioning bit to fluff it up.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by Hyperion »

In post 83, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 81, vendetta21 wrote:The sample size of games where there are 4 players required to lynch is either small or nonexistent considering this forum is just over a week old. Anyone should be aware of the age of this forum just by looking at the numbers of games there are when they navigate here. If you know of a place where we can look at 7-player games and get a good idea of what strategies have been employed in this setting, speak up.

No, before this forum existed, the open games contained the small games. They are neither "small" nor "nonexistent".

But let’s give you examples:

I just finished modding a 6p setup (4 to lynch...). It’s still in the Open games forum (Lovers mafia, and here is the link: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lovers_Mafia )

Nomination Mafia is a 7p setup. It has 4 recorded games. Open 318, 345, 396, and 423 (link: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... tion_Mafia ).

Bird 7p is a 7p game (hence, the name). It has 19 recorded games (I’m not listing them all, go here http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bird_7P and scroll down to history).

Carbon 14 is yet another 7p setup. It has 11 recorded games, look here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Carbon-14

SCIENCE is yet
another
7p setup. Here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=SCIENCE

Fight or Flight is yet
another
7p setup. Here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... _or_Flight

Do you get my point?

What is more likely, he's scum trying to get a "quicklynch" or a town trying to get things moving and adding pressure?

In post 86, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 84, Knight of Cydonia wrote:On page 4? Probably the former. If you are legitimately going to argue that we've had enough discussion on page 4 to be putting someone at L-1, you should probably head over to EpicMafia. Games there usually last about 10 minutes and are basically "follow the cop" which is presumably more your style.

Oh FFS :roll:

Open 416: MrBump was put at L-1 (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p4115535). He was mafia. Snake's (who was town) thoughts who put him at L-1:
In post 84, SnakePlissken wrote:
Unvote, vote Mr.Bump

I think Mr. bump warrants a vote, if not for anything else but to get the game moving. I also think we are looking at L-1 so that would be claim time.

I can go through more. Waste more of my time. But if you're not getting it now, you're not going to likely get it after 50 examples either. If you genuinely think that scum can push a quicklynch very early on and not have it backfire then you are either really insulting town's intelligence or you think scum have super brainwashing powers.

Wonderful. So you are talking about game mechanics instead of actually scumhunting. You ARE better than this Arthur :/ I honestly doubt your town.

VOTE: SAD
yeah yeah OMGUS whatever.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by Hyperion »

@Arthur: Because names don't matter in this game, so didn't see a problem with divulging mine, and at the same time didn't see the point of asking for them.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Hyperion »

In post 104, Empking wrote:With CMAR gone there are six votes in play. Players won't lynch themselves. Therefore, I put it to you men and women of the jury, that if CMAR is not scum then we will be unable to lynch scum without full unanimity of the town; and we must all know that we shall not get that on a member of the scum.

I put it to you, as I have never put it before, that we must vote CMAR.

PS Unless any alternative wagon is on Vend I can guarantee it won't get full town unanimity because I won't agree to it.

I have no Idea what you are talking about :/
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by Hyperion »

In post 106, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 104, Empking wrote:PS Unless any alternative wagon is on Vend I can guarantee it won't get full town unanimity because I won't agree to it.

Hyper is scum though?

And Vend is leaning town (after his unvote which felt genuine).

But I'll compromise on CMAR with so little time left till deadline.

VOTE: CMAR

Why are you switching your vote so quickly? We have like 2 days till lynch. That is alot of time.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Hyperion »

OK, so basically you guys are saying that Jailkeeper makes no sense because it is way underpowered? And it doesn't mkae sense to have that role be one shot, unless everyone in town had a one shot role or something like that?
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by Hyperion »

VOTE: Arthur your vote on me from yesterday is still crap
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by Hyperion »

@Mod: V/LA for at least a week

college...
will try to keep up, just don't know what my schedule will be like.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Post by Hyperion »

Found some time to post, V/La is still in effect, but should be able to post sparingly for the rest of it.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by Hyperion »

In post 158, farside22 wrote:Lets not forget that myko said next to nothing about the horrible case that Arthur put together. I stand firm with the Arthur/Myko scum team.
Myko's case against me is........cricket, cricket.....oh yeah how dare I accuse him of stifling conversation based on what happened in the game and discussing nothing more then CMAR and when I asked if he has done it before in a game I get OMGUS vote against me.

+1
In post 172, Empking wrote:Yeah I'm not unvoting. The fact that Hyper is still alive and my town reads are on him seals it for me.

That is why you are voting me, because your townreads are?
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Post by Hyperion »

In post 192, Empking wrote:
In post 191, Hyperion wrote:That is why you are voting me, because your townreads are?

No. I was voting you first.

Yes, without a reason

and
@mod: my VLA will probably end tomorrow, as I will now be able to post between classes at school, so I will be able to post normally
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:45 am

Post by Hyperion »

I FUCKING KNEW IT

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”