Micro 8 - Mafia in the Lounge (Game over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:19 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

/confirm - Joseph Whittle.

Nameclaiming almost certainly doesn't mean anything in this game, so I don't really understand Emp's reluctance to reveal it.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:12 am

I'd prefer flat 10, mainly because my chemo sessions tend to take me out of full postings for 3-4 days. 1 week days = me not being around for half the day if it's timed badly.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:53 am

In post 22, Hyperion wrote:HOwever, don't see why Mykonian thinks a name claim would be important...

I don't see the point of either side of the argument. I mean, there's no reason I know of for Emp to not want to claim, but there's also no real reason to force it out of him.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:29 am

In post 26, CryMeARiver wrote:
In post 9, Knight of Cydonia wrote:/confirm - Joseph Whittle.

Nameclaiming almost certainly doesn't mean anything in this game, so I don't really understand Emp's reluctance to reveal it.

Hmph, I must have misunderstood the intent of this post then.

Unvote

Aye, looking back I can see how that would read like I was taking the same stance as Myk. Poor wording on my part. I would be interested to hear why Myk is so interested in getting name claims, actually.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:47 am

In post 30, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 28, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:/confirm. Mi nombre es Master Deidre.

Dios mío, mi nombre es Deidre Masters, no es Master Deidre. Lo siento.

Post restriction?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:44 pm

2 girls, presumably 6 guys... well, I see no issues here, there's a hole for everyone.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Oh, okay, just Dayne being an ass.

In post 38, CryMeARiver wrote:
In post 36, Knight of Cydonia wrote:2 girls, presumably 6 guys... well, I see no issues here, there's a hole for everyone.

There's only 7 players...

I'm the 6th person in the flavor it appears.

I wasn't going to leave our host out.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:53 pm

In post 52, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 22, Hyperion wrote:/confirm, 10 day dayphases sounds good. name is Gisele Cardozo. HOwever, don't see why Mykonian thinks a name claim would be important...

Okay, this post caught my eye right away. I'm not really sure if it is the wording, or anything else, but it just seems so
opportunistic
, esp for such an early game stage. It almost seems like Hyper is trying to keep his options open so he can backtrack later. So if the name claiming helps, he can always say he claimed his name right away, to be pro-town, etc. But if the plan didn't work and for example made Myko look scummy, he can always backtrack and say that he questioned his method from the beginning. I don't know. It's just like saying "Okay, I'll go ahead with plan A but I don't see the point", while in mafia, you're
supposed
to question people's intent and motivations.

VOTE: Hyperion

I'm genuinely not sure if you're this stupid in all your games, or it's some kinda magical ploy to create a VI meta to get away with literally anything.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:51 pm

In post 50, mykonian wrote:While at the moment of voting (halfway page one) one could assume it was just a RVS vote. The post below seems to overexplain a page 2 unvote.

In post 26, CryMeARiver wrote:
In post 9, Knight of Cydonia wrote:/confirm - Joseph Whittle.

Hmph, I must have misunderstood the intent of this post then.

Unvote

Sure, that can happen, people unvote more often, but it feels really nervous and passive.

Yeah, because you've never misunderstood a post before and then realised you made a mistake, right?

In post 67, mykonian wrote:
In post 64, CryMeARiver wrote:I don't think he's scum guys, just bad town.

And the early buddying thus far between Emp and Myk mean they likely aren't a scum team.

We really have to push these reads out of you.

Nor did these have anything to do with your questions. How did they help you?

Yeah, how dare he not have a perfect read on someone after 3 pages of a game. Ridiculous, right? It feels like Myk is really pushing for any kind of minor thing to hang CMAR for. Also, complaining about people not having votes out on page 3, with plenty of time in the day? Really?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:51 am

In post 83, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 81, vendetta21 wrote:The sample size of games where there are 4 players required to lynch is either small or nonexistent considering this forum is just over a week old. Anyone should be aware of the age of this forum just by looking at the numbers of games there are when they navigate here. If you know of a place where we can look at 7-player games and get a good idea of what strategies have been employed in this setting, speak up.

No, before this forum existed, the open games contained the small games. They are neither "small" nor "nonexistent".

But let’s give you examples:

I just finished modding a 6p setup (4 to lynch...). It’s still in the Open games forum (Lovers mafia, and here is the link: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lovers_Mafia )

Nomination Mafia is a 7p setup. It has 4 recorded games. Open 318, 345, 396, and 423 (link: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... tion_Mafia ).

Bird 7p is a 7p game (hence, the name). It has 19 recorded games (I’m not listing them all, go here http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bird_7P and scroll down to history).

Carbon 14 is yet another 7p setup. It has 11 recorded games, look here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Carbon-14

SCIENCE is yet
another
7p setup. Here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=SCIENCE

Fight or Flight is yet
another
7p setup. Here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... _or_Flight

Do you get my point?

What is more likely, he's scum trying to get a "quicklynch" or a town trying to get things moving and adding pressure?

On page 4? Probably the former. If you are legitimately going to argue that we've had enough discussion on page 4 to be putting someone at L-1, you should probably head over to EpicMafia. Games there usually last about 10 minutes and are basically "follow the cop" which is presumably more your style.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:34 pm

In post 89, mykonian wrote:
In post 84, Knight of Cydonia wrote:On page 4? Probably the former. If you are legitimately going to argue that we've had enough discussion on page 4 to be putting someone at L-1, you should probably head over to EpicMafia. Games there usually last about 10 minutes and are basically "follow the cop" which is presumably more your style.

Hey, now I know you again. Always here to make friends, aren't you?

But hey, be my guest, actually discuss the game rather then trying to be a dick to as many people on MS as possible on the same time.

Not sure if you missed the public apology I made for my recent behaviour, or you're just determined to try and make me look like a dick instead of actually making any point against me.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 am

Well, until you cut in and decided to be a dick while accusing me of being one, we were quite enjoying discussing SAD's willingness to chainsaw for you based on empty numbers and metagame rather than anything concrete in this game. Anything to say about that, sweetie?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:05 am

In post 100, Empking wrote:SAD is town. Hyper is town. CMAR is scum.

Thank you for that stellar commentary
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:20 am

In post 104, Empking wrote:With CMAR gone there are six votes in play. Players won't lynch themselves. Therefore, I put it to you men and women of the jury, that if CMAR is not scum then we will be unable to lynch scum without full unanimity of the town; and we must all know that we shall not get that on a member of the scum.

I put it to you, as I have never put it before, that we must vote CMAR.

PS Unless any alternative wagon is on Vend I can guarantee it won't get full town unanimity because I won't agree to it.

So in other words, we do what you want or you screw the town over. K.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:41 am

Anything more than a 1-shot Jailkeeper plus, say, a protective and a limited investigative role (maybe not even the doc/bodyguard/whatever) would be ridiculously town-sided. If he is a Jailkeeper, 1-shot makes sense. Jailkeeper can be ridiculously strong. But then again, one mislynch and a NK and we're at 3 town/2 scum... I dunno.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:42 pm

After that claim and myk's logic (which put what I was thinking into far better words than I managed) I am willing to go with a CMAR lynch. Will wait a little for more discussion first though.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:16 pm

In post 122, Hyperion wrote:OK, so basically you guys are saying that Jailkeeper makes no sense because it is way underpowered? And it doesn't mkae sense to have that role be one shot, unless everyone in town had a one shot role or something like that?

A straight Jailkeeper would be an appropriate role for 5-2 Mountainous. In a setup like this, town needs VERY strong power-roles with little or no weird modifications. 1-shot Jailkeeper is too weak unless literally everyone's power is similarly crippled.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:45 am

Aye, unless vendetta is replaced in literally the next 12 hours there's not much point in hanging around here I guess.
Vote: CMAR

That's L-1.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #18) » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:21 am

Apologies. Been busy setting up my own Micro while trying to not spew my guts out.
Agree with Emp/Myk that farside's case feels incredibly forced. Early game attacks stank of opportunism - 1-shot are not common roles in 7p Mountainous and to suggest otherwise based on larger games incredibly disingenuous.

Mod: depending on other player's opinions, would appreciate a small extension (3 days)
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:23 am

In post 202, farside22 wrote:
In post 199, mykonian wrote:farside... there was no dead this night.

are you sure you have read this game already? You are making rather pointless statements here.

but keep spouting bullshit farside. I mean, the post above you try to argue that a 1 shot JK can be tested. Even if your arguments held, how is this even relevant? And clearly they don't, you can't confirm a claimed RB or doc by no deaths at night.

Yes I read the game. My point is how do you know it was best for the game to lynch a claimed JK even 1-shot that can be tested. You have no idea this would have happened with a closed set up, so why push a lynch on someone that can save a player if your concerned with the number of players.
Why can't you confirm a no death with a closed set up?

How, exactly, do you test a 1-shot? Scum fake-claims it, "jails" their partner, and then they're clear? Nope. 1-shots in mountainous 7p don't work, which is why you keep bringing up non-mountainous setups with more players, presumably.

Oh wait.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:36 am

This was a bad setup for the town and the scum played on that perfectly. Not much else to say. 1-shots in 7p Mountainous are ridiculous unless literally every townie has them.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”