Micro 19: Twin Trap Status - OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by Telo »

VOTE: CF

why? shortest name. easiest to type.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Telo »

Hi my name is Telo and I'm an addict.

I started playing mafia on my regular chat board about a month ago and got hooked so bad that I went in search of a site that was all mafia all the time. I ended up here and I'm currently in three games as well as hosting a game on my chat board.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Telo »

I have guests in for the holiday weekend and I don't think I'll be on my computer much if at all. If I get replaced bummer. Hopefully I'll get another noob game soon.

I'll check back Tuesday.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:14 am

Post by Telo »

relatives just left. back to read in a bit after I get caught up with some chores severely delayed due to company all weekend.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Post by Telo »

In post 46, guille2015 wrote:
In post 44, jambecca wrote:
In post 43, CF Riot wrote:And there we have it. Why did you feel the need to post if you didn't have anything to say? Why did you feel like you were lurking if we were only 3 hours into the game?

I felt the need to post because I was viewing the topic, and if I was viewing the topic and didn't post, everyone would lynch me for lurking.
I didn't feel like I was lurking, but I wanted to contribute.

This is a scum tell.

In post 45, jambecca wrote:You guys are overreacting. Wouldn't it make more sense if I posted "Not much activity here", to try to get people to post, rather than not posting at all? I really am not understanding the whole voting on me.

You will soon enough.

You said pending hearing from me so here's what I picked up on. CF and guille both seem to be making much out of the fact that jam is actively participating in the thread. I'm with jam that it makes no sense to call someone out for that. If anything I expected to get called out for trying to stay under the radar. Not that I was. I'm just saying it would make more sense to me.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:47 am

Post by Telo »

In post 130, CF Riot wrote:Basically what I'm getting from the people defending Jam is she's noob, so she can't be scum, which is laughable. This is exactly what noobscum looks like.

Wait, wha?

I'm scum because I'm defending Jam? :shifty: I wasn't 'defending' him I was just saying I don't get the same vibe that others are getting so I wasn't willing to hammer.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 am

Post by Telo »

In post 132, CF Riot wrote:I wasn't calling you scum, I was calling Jam scum.

Well that was a little confusing because Jam is a guy.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:43 am

Post by Telo »

Is there anything in the title and sub title of this game that can help us scumhunt?
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Telo »

I'm looking for clues now. Thought maybe the twin/sibling thing was a hint. Oh well. Back to analyzing.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Post by Telo »

In post 43, CF Riot wrote:Why did you feel the need to post if you didn't have anything to say?

In post 147, CF Riot wrote:After a reread Waffle has posted very little original content and Telo has posted no content and both should post more.

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways dude.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:04 am

Post by Telo »

In post 155, FuDuzn wrote:I would say Telo is town, doesn't even seem like
she
is trying.

It's not that I'm not trying. But after Jam posted with what others felt wasn't relevant and got the shit kicked out of him I think it's understandable that I'm going to make damn sure I have something of substance to say before I post.

If it helps, you can ask me questions. But if you already read me as town that frees you up to hunt someone else.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:43 am

Post by Telo »

In post 158, guille2015 wrote:@Telo: Who are you most suspicious of?

When I said I didn't have anything of substance to report what I mean by that was I don't have a solid scum read on anyone. But you asked for a suspicion so here goes:
Waffle and copter are both weirding me out. Waffle the most.
A vote for me, random ok no biggie. Offering to kiss other players who vote for me. Strange if she knows them IRL. Corny if she doesn't.
More odd behavior
A vote for
FuDuzn
with no explanation plus an announcement that guille is scum as well.
Some sort of weird shout out for Copter that makes no sense.
A compromise(?)
vote on guille
?
None of that made any sense to me.
Copter seems weird because Waffles makes him appear to be weird but it doesn't help that
He also
voted FuDuzn

Voted Guille

And declared Waffles town with no explanation.
I doubt that both of them are scum. But they're both acting weird.
That's all I've got. No clear read but very weird behavior.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:54 am

Post by Telo »

In post 160, Starbuckles wrote:Telo how familiar are you with the game? This is an open setup so everything you need to know should be in the setup information, the title of the game will tell you nothing else as roles should be random.

I'm in the learning stages. Not afraid to ask questions even if they make me look dumb but trying to keep that sort of thing to a minimum if I can help it.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Telo »

In post 162, CF Riot wrote:Not posting because you're afraid of looking scummy is as bad as posting nothing because you're afraid of looking scummy.

yeah, not what I said -at all- but thanks for the advice anyway.
I didn't say I was afraid of looking scummy. I said I'm NOT afraid of looking dumb.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by Telo »

What I meant for you to take from that was what I stated. That I want to have something of substance to post. No need to read any further into it. I'm not afraid, just observant (yes I did witness that ass whooping) and learning (do better/different than what that guy did).

I tend to respond well to questions if you want to ask me something. It might also help me think of questions that I could ask.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by Telo »

Not sure if you mean today or Today.
If you mean today then no one. Outside of my weaksauce post I'm really not getting any scumvibes from anyone. Could be that my skills are not honed or it could be that the players are especially skilled. Either way I'm not eager to see anyone lynched today.

However if you mean Today as in by deadline I guess my entire hand of suspicion is on
In post 103, FuDuzn wrote:If they day ends before Copter answers my questions then
I hope scum wins
. If Jam or Copter isn't lynched tomorrow
I hope scum wins

If he's hoping for a scum win he's not pro-town.

Since we're not at deadline I don't feel any pressure to move my vote but at this point in the game I can't see anyone else that I'd rather see on the chopping block.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Post by Telo »

Jam's not obv scum to me. I'm not convinced. And honestly if you're calling town shitty then who do you think is included in that shittiness?
I'm sure you were frustrated but at this point I don't have a vote on you so you can relax. If there is someone that stands out as more scummy than you I'm remove my FOS. If I get lynched or NK'lld I still hope town wins because that counts in my win column. The only way I'd hope for scum to win is if I was scum.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:31 am

Post by Telo »

That's not an effective AtE. If anything it backfired.
to me an effective AtE would be: Ok, you guys... looks like I'm about to die. Don't let it be in vain. Take a real close look at who's voting for me but take a closer look at who's advocating my lynch but hasn't voted for me. Good luck and avenge me townies!

If I had a vote on someone who was still trying for a town win I might reconsider. If I had a vote on someone who behaved the way Fu did, it would have convinced me he was guilty OR too emotional to be an effective hunter.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:56 am

Post by Telo »

VOTE: Fuduzn that temper tantrum really hurt you in my eyes.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Post by Telo »

Back from hunting. Real Hunting :cool:
Unpacking and cleaning needs to be done but wanted to check in and let y'all know I'm back.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:00 am

Post by Telo »

In post 216, Demon Core wrote:Why did this game die?

The night lasted from the 10th-15th days. Was there a reason for that?
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by Telo »

Is that supposed to scare me? You already voted for me. I was the first person you voted for.
I did some scum hunting when I said that YOU were were scummy for trying to bribe people with kisses to vote for me.
The only reason my vote is on Fu instead of you is for the temper tantrum he threw. I find AtE's to be very scummy but you're 2nd on my list.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by Telo »

In post 221, roflwaffles wrote:Also, if you find AtEs to be very scummy, why didn't you vote for FuDu immediately after his AtE? Why did you wait until the day before the deadline to change your vote from CF to FuDu?

It's my understanding that the deadlines are there for a reason. I can leave my vote on whomever I please as long as I have my final vote in by the deadline. If there's a problem with me changing my vote late in the day then make the days shorter and I'll change them sooner.

And yes copter is confirmed town but you're not.

Am I to take it from your previous post that you won't be voting for me as you threatened? My vote is where I want it. If I see a reason to change it I will. It will most likely be to you.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by Telo »

My vote was on someone but the day ended while I was V/LA.
I didn't 'forget' to answer what you consider to be the most important part of your post. I chose to ignore it so my stomach could settle.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Post by Telo »

In post 225, roflwaffles wrote:
In post 224, Telo wrote:My vote was on someone but the day ended while I was V/LA.
I didn't 'forget' to answer what you consider to be the most important part of your post. I chose to ignore it so my stomach could settle.

Are you fucking kidding me
If anyone,
anyone
else in the game posted this, I'd vote them immediately.
You, however, are probably just stupid enough to post this as town.

I'll give you until tomorrow night to answer my question. Hopefully your poor little tummy has recovered from its debilitation by then.

If you're going to give someone an ultimatum stick to it the first time. Extending the deadline on a threat shows your weakness and your lack of follow through. Your threats are boring, your insults even moreso. Calling people stupid is so
third grade
. If you are in fact a third grader then my bad for being grossed out by your juvenile humor.

But yes, I find the need to bribe people for votes (especially sexual favors) scummy.
VOTE: waffles
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Post by Telo »

In post 226, Starbuckles wrote:how come you did not make one mention of the guille wagon. You WERE on V/LA but you also posted right in the thick of it in post #189 but made no mention of it.

Because that wagon didn't interest me. I had no reason to find guille scummy therefore no reason to vote for him.

What purpose would I have served in defending him? If he flipped scum all I would have done was shoot myself in the foot. If he flipped town it wouldn't have helped me in any way because the only way I could know that he was town was if I was scum or if I GUESSED correctly.

Since at this point all I'm doing is guessing it's better for me to keep my guesses to a minimum until I decide who to settle my vote on. I've chosen where to place my vote and there it will stay unless or until something happens to convince me to change it.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Post by Telo »

In post 229, roflwaffles wrote:
Telo wrote:But yes, I find the need to bribe people for votes (especially sexual favors) scummy.

Not what I asked. I asked you why you're changing your mind from it being Corny to it being Scummy.

More questions:
a) Why especially sexual favours?
Offering people bribes for votes is against the rules of the game.

Spoiler:
Mafia Specific Rules

Breaking rules, not posting, or certain other behavior may result in a modkill or replacement in individual games; rules regarding this should be (and generally are) included up front by the moderator. Some rules apply to most games, and should be assumed to hold unless the moderator explicitly says otherwise. These are:

•Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats,
bribes
, wagers,
promises
, alliances, etc.

b) Why do you find me more scummy than FuDu? What has changed in the past ten posts?
Because I don't like changing my vote once it's been placed unless I have a really good reason. After I realized (thank you for pointing it out) that my vote wasn't on anybody I didn't have to worry about
changing
it.

The reason for why I'm not voting you is because I'm still not sold that you aren't just a really naive townie.
Then why do you keep saying that you will vote for me by *insert arbitrary time limit* if I don't *insert arbitrary threat*

And considering the fact that very few people in this game would shy away from a wagon on you, you should be making every effort you can to answer my questions to the best of your ability.
If you think I'm town what makes you think they will vote for me? That would be against their best interests.

Telo wrote:Since at this point all I'm doing is guessing it's better for me to keep my guesses to a minimum until I decide who to settle my vote on. I've chosen where to place my vote and there it will stay unless or until something happens to convince me to change it.

You really have no idea how this game is played, do you?

You call me stupid and then I say 'I'm rubber and you're glue and anything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.' If I remember back to the third grade that's the correct response to that maturity level.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:59 am

Post by Telo »

Thank you! I don't get why FuD hasn't been replaced. He hasn't been here since the 10th and
I'm
getting shit for being unhelpful. At least I'm here.
Ok, he couldn't post until the 15th but still that's 5 days ago. Unless like me, he couldn't post his V/LA in the thread because it was closed. But if that's the case I think the Mod should let us know.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #28) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 am

Post by Telo »

1. Mafia are criminals. Criminals break rules. People who break rules are criminals. People who break rules are mafia.
2. That doesn't work on me.
3. You think I'm town but are wasting your time threatening me with a wagon instead of hunting for who you really think is scum? Yet you accuse ME of playing like scum?

I'm voting for the person I think is scum. You're 'applying pressure' to a person you think is town.
You're the one playing like scum, not me.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #29) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:39 am

Post by Telo »

1. I can only vote for one person at a time and my vote is on waffles.
2. I can only vote for one person at a time and my vote is on waffles.
3. I can only vote for one person at a time and my vote is on waffles.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:53 am

Post by Telo »

*ahem, the *something* was -votes-
And I don't get how you could possibly know who 'obvcsum' is unless you have a list of player alignments.
I'm already voting for the person I find scummy. Unless or until I see a reason to change my vote it stays.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #31) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:23 am

Post by Telo »

In post 250, Demon Core wrote:Well, I submit to you that dropping an uber scummy hammer is more of a tell than perceived slutiness.

You want people to cooperatively vote. Yet when they do you call them scummy. :? CF followed you and waffles in a lynch and now you want me to turn on him. If I follow you into a lynch who are you going to ask to turn on me?

I submit to you that CF's vote wasn't any scummier than any of the other four people who voted for guille. Since waffles and CF both voted for guille I still have good reason to leave my vote on waffles.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:12 am

Post by Telo »

In post 252, Demon Core wrote:/sigh

You're not listening.

I can listen to you and still disagree with you.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Post by Telo »

Can we get a current vote count and a complete player list on the first page; one with who replaced whom clearly marked.
Thanks.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #34) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 am

Post by Telo »

ooops sorry, that was badly worded.
I meant can we get a current vote count (in the thread)
and can we get a complete player list on the first page.
Thanks
Not trying to make more work for you and I hope you feel better soon.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #35) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by Telo »

what CF situation? Can you explain what you mean by situation?
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:03 am

Post by Telo »

I'll keep playing.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Telo »

How about it Mist? You prods at the very least?
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #38) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:26 am

Post by Telo »

AN is gone too.
I only see three active in this game. It takes 4 to lynch so perhaps the 3 of us could apply what pressure we have to jump start the game. Scum could be lurking because they know if they don't post they won't get voted. Let's prove them wrong and see if they come back.

I'd prefer to leave my vote on waffles since she fits my criteria but I'm willing to consider alternatives.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #39) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:31 pm

Post by Telo »

equinox can we get an introductory post while you catch up.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Post by Telo »

On the front page you have CF with 2 votes and on this page you have him with 3. I can't flip between pages so can you clarify. Also can you tell us who's still in the game? As I said I can't flip pages but this page started on the 26th and today is the 2nd and only 4 posters are on this page.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by Telo »

There are four active players in this game. It takes four people to lynch. How about the four of us pick one.

Barring that, I declare my intent to hammer CF

-Sorry CF. I don't really think you're mafia but my vote is the only leverage I have to make this game do anything.

Oh and I realize that I can just as easily change my vote to AN as you can change yours to waffles but since you're the one with the hammer hanging over your head I think you should be the one to make the move. If you can give me a good reason why I shouldn't vote for waffles I'll consider voting another person.

The hammer will fall before midnight tonight.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Post by Telo »

In post 296, Equinox wrote:Telo, could you wait until CF Riot answers my question, at least?

If I thought waiting would do any good I would wait but not doing anything is what's bogging this game down as it is.

I don't want to vote CF but voting him is the only way I can affect the game.

Sorry but
VOTE: CF Riot
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Post by Telo »

^^ I concur.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”