Logo Design Competition/Collaboration (Survey, last page)

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:50 am

Post by panthaleon »

Big fan of what caled has there. If the concern is grey on sepia, could you provide a snake of a could darker and lighter shades?

Personally I think it's a strong logo that communicates the idea of the game very clearly
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by panthaleon »

In post 296, Dunnstral wrote:I'd prefer to hear everyone's opinions

You don't need to be a graphic designer to say you don't like something
It's p easy. If you don't like something you say "I do not like X because of Y. Could you/maybe try Z to see if that fixes Y."

It takes no effort to say something is bad and does little other than demoralize a volunteer trying to make something pro bono

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:10 am

Post by panthaleon »

In post 301, CaptainMeme wrote:I really like the magnifying glass design, and so this is exploring improvements to something already great more than anything, but I was wondering whether it might look a little better with something that made the magnifying glass pop out a little more? I experimented with a shadow:

Not really sure if it works or if the flat aesthetic is better.
Imo no shadow works a bit better as a logo as that starts to make it look a bit busy

panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:37 am

Post by panthaleon »

I would say that the goal behind this logo is relevant to which we choose. Something like the silent movie or typewriter aesthetic can be a cute bit, but it's alienating to people outside the know.

Generally you want the logo to be simple, a little layer of depth, and something that is fun or at least not painful to look at

The concern with the silent movie aesthetic is that it's a greyscale in a time period where that's not particularly in or engaging

(Obv my preference is still with caled's magnifying glass, but this is at least why I think it's the best candidate at this point)

panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by panthaleon »

In post 357, xRECKONERx wrote:#1 looks great to me

Return to “News”