Terraria Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #296 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by Tierce »

My home internet is down. Should be fun seeing if I can update it with a tethered phone. Been poking around at old worlds collecting stuff to take with me for New Shiny Updated Game Things.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #299 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by Tierce »

o/
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #322 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Tierce »

An obsidian skull (20 pieces of obsidian, you can get obsidian by pouring water onto lava or vice-versa) will keep you from burning when standing on a meteor or hellstone, though it won't stop the meteor head spawns.

Breaking three of those hearts in the world summons the Brain of Cthulhu, an early boss. Just so you're aware.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #325 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Tierce »

By the by, you should have a few nifty items that the hearts dropped, if nothing else. I'd suggest using the Space Gun with the Meteor Armor to kill the Brain once you spawn it again. 30 Meteor Bars, 2 Fallen Stars, and you have a nifty gun that costs no mana to use if you're wearing a full Meteor armor set.

To spawn it again, craft 15 Vertebrae into a Bloody Spine at an Altar. Using the Spine in the Crimson will summon the Brain anew. Don't panic, use health potions (shortcut H), and keep firing at the eyes in the first stage, because the Brain itself is invulnerable until all eyes are destroyed or until it transforms.

And whatever you do,
don't
try to destroy the crimson altars. You won't succeed, and it will bloody damn
hurt
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #328 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:34 am

Post by Tierce »

Hold right-click when you're making items and it will craft up to a full stack, Magua.

Also, that goblin tinkerer will move into your house once you have a space for him. When he does, he has a tinkerer's workshop you want to buy. The tinkerer's workshop lets you join some items together (it's a crafting station). For example, if you have Hermes Boots, you can tinker them with your new shiny Rocket Bots and make Spectre Boots (look, one fewer accessory slot needed!). Additionally, if you have an Anklet of the Wind and an Aglet, you can craft Spectre Boots with those two items and make
Lightning
Boots, which are amazing.

The tinkerer also has this "reforge" option when you click him. Reforging costs money and gives random results, but has the possibility of crafting your items into better ones. Accessories can have better defense bonuses, for example (+4 defense on each accessory gives you an extra +20 defense, which is great). Works with all tools and weapons, too.

You can also go up. Your world should have at least a couple of floating islands and those have Treasure in them (Lucky Horseshoe, Shiny Red Balloon and Cloud in a Bottle are very useful items and you can tinker them all together).

You can ignore the Dryad for now. The Corruption will slowly spread over dirt, but if you put sunflowers on green grass at the edge of the Corruption, you won't have to worry about its spread until it goes batshit insane in Hardmode (and you have a lot to do before you can get there).

If you don't have one yet, I'd suggest making a small glowing mushroom farm out of mud and mushroom grass seeds. Keep it
very
small, they yield a lot and making it too big will convert it into a glowing mushroom biome--and those have really really nasty Hardmode-like mobs. You'll need glowing mushrooms to craft the second tier of healing potions, so a small farm (something like 20-40 blocks total) is a good investment.

---

No parenthesis were harmed in the writing of this post.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #329 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:43 am

Post by Tierce »

Guide's tips wrote:"If you combine lenses at a demon altar, you might be able to find a way to summon a powerful monster. You will want to wait until night before using it, though."
"You can create worm bait with rotten chunks and vile powder. Make sure you are in a corrupt area before using it."
"Demonic altars can usually be found in the corruption. You will need to be near them to craft some items."
It's there, and I imagine there is a Crimson version as of 1.2. You just might not know they
are
altars. And you need to be willing to listen to the Guide. >.>
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #333 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:51 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 331, Magua wrote:For farming, does it need to be mud (as opposed to dirt or clay or whatever)? Does it have to be underground?
For glowing mushrooms, mud and mushroom grass seeds. Does not need to be underground. But make it really small, if the sky starts to darken you're turning the area into the dangerous mushroom biome; even with NPCs nearby, you'll have mobs spawning on blood moons.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #335 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 334, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
In post 333, Tierce wrote:
In post 331, Magua wrote:For farming, does it need to be mud (as opposed to dirt or clay or whatever)? Does it have to be underground?
For glowing mushrooms, mud and mushroom grass seeds. Does not need to be underground. But make it really small, if the sky starts to darken you're turning the area into the dangerous mushroom biome; even with NPCs nearby, you'll have mobs spawning on blood moons.
this isnt a problem as long as your mushroom farm is in an enclosure with player placed backwalls.
Oh, but it is, speaking from experience. If it's forming a mushroom biome, caves nearby will spawn mushroom mobs. Things won't spawn inside the farm, but they'll come at you from the outside. You don't get those damnable spores until Hardmode, at least, but it's still dangerous. Simpler to keep it small, they have fantastic yields if done right.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #352 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by Tierce »

Take obsidian skin potions if you're going to fight the Wall, or at least Lava Waders. The Witch Doctor sells Leaf Wings (which are top tier) for 1 platinum at night, in the jungle, so move it there and get some wings, they'll make everything easier. Make sure to fight the Wall on one of the outer thirds of the map, because the center one has the ruined houses that tend to block your path.

To get a Guide Voodoo Doll, you need to fight a Voodoo Demon. Make sure you're not fighting it over open lava because if the doll drops in it, it'll immediately summon the Wall. Best thing to do is to skip over to the edge of the map and toss it in those pools, since it gives you more space to fight.

Guns work well against the Wall. If you have a mini shark, point it behind you and keep running away.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #353 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by Tierce »

Also, hardmode will convert significant swathes of your world into Hallow and Corruption. Hallow is much more dangerous than you'd expect from the cheery cartoony creatures. Remember to dig at least a four-wide tunnel isolating your base from the ground and line it with bricks that will not be converted into Hallow/Corruption, this will halt the spread somewhat.

The Wall drops the Pwnhammer, you can break altars with it. Each altar blesses your world with new ores, but they also have a chance of turning random blocks in your world into Pearlstone or Ebonstone that can spread Hallow/Corruption, so be careful.

The Steampunker, who you get after you defeat your first hardmode boss, sells the Clentaminator. You can use it to convert biomes with Solution. It's expensive, but a great lategame solution to keep things under control. Somewhat.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #357 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:21 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 354, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
In post 353, Tierce wrote:Also, hardmode will convert significant swathes of your world into Hallow and Corruption. Hallow is much more dangerous than you'd expect from the cheery cartoony creatures. Remember to dig at least a four-wide tunnel isolating your base from the ground and line it with bricks that will not be converted into Hallow/Corruption, this will halt the spread somewhat.
this really is not and has never been a necessary thing 2 do. doubly so w. the clentaminator in the game now. corruption/crimson/hallow spread fear mongering is silly.
It is silly if you have endgame equipment. For new players about to enter hardmode, it is quite sensible, if they don't have the money for cleansing at a good clip or a base away from the ground.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #361 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:14 am

Post by Tierce »

Full turtle armor + Paladin's shield. Point and laugh at the Pumpking.

Return to “The Arcade”