Diablo III

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:24 am

Post by MrZepher »

Just recently started playing live again after getting into the closed beta for RoS. Figured I'd see if there are more people here for me to farm with.
I roll a DH mainly and am working on gearing a WD. Also have a barb that I'm leveling. Might start a monk to pass down my old DH leggies.
monks are op anyways.
I'm
MrZephyr#1161
if you wanna add me. Just let me know you're adding me so I don't ignore it.

patch 2.0 is basically what diablo should have been on release.
i'm just going to ignore that it's however many years late to the party, and there's a $40 expansion in like 13 days.

Also wizards are hilariously broken, and monks are just plain old broken.
DH's won't be hilariously broken until RoS actually releases, same with WD (piranhas op)
I don't know much about barbs tbh; they just tank stuff and give me a bigger health bar as far as I'm concerned.
Crusaders are basically just paladins. I never rolled one in the beta so idk what they're like. I know they get pretty tanky.

If nobody here has played the RoS beta then the only thing that really matters is that you know that sheet DPS doesn't mean much on 2.0, and doesn't mean anything once RoS actually releases. New affixes and bonuses to damage types and abilities mean you can outdamage people that technically outgear you.
And if you roll DH there's a Tumble bug on 2.0.3 where you can't cast it outside of cast range. bliz pls fix.

because I think it's really cool, some of my bonuses are
-Bolas explode instantly
-Bonus to fire damage
Which means I can run Bolas with whatever rune is that gives the extra damage but with the increased delay basically with impunity and do retarded AoE while I build up hatred for Cluster Bombs. If I had a Calamity I'd be one happy DH.
There are so many new viable builds now just because of bonuses to abilities and damage types that I've been pathetically outdamaged by some of the stupidest builds I've ever seen in my life.
or something like that....
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:16 am

Post by MrZepher »

overall difficulty is higher since the loot got exponentially better.

just farm master or T1 until you get some decent drops. shouldn't take long tbh.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:51 am

Post by MrZepher »

RoS is definitely worth the $40 i spent. There's a fuckton of content, and farming isn't anywhere near as repetitive as it is in vanilla diablo.
as far as difficulty goes mp-10 is about the same as master difficulty, but it didn't take long for me to gear up and get to inferno. RoS raises the level cap to 70 and there's new crafting materials for level 70 gear. Level 70 gear is ridiculous.

as far as farming goes you can do bounties, nephalem rifts or farm malthael. All of which gives good exp and drops. Bounties and Rifts change every time you do them so it's not as mindless as running the same farming area over and over again.

And if you haven't played on patch 2.0 then you should give that a try. The grind isn't nearly as hard as it was when the game first released, especially now that the auction house is gone.
You'll start to power spike pretty quickly with legendaries and crafting.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:35 am

Post by MrZepher »

So when you start RoS, depending on what difficulty you were at in 2.0 you'll be in either hard or expert mode right off the bat.
Because of the scaling of the monsters on RoS release pretty much everyone got shoved back into Torment 1 (at the highest. the majority were in expert).

as it turns out the easiest way to gear back up to get into inferno is to: Finish the expansion, hit 70 (this will usually happen simultaneously), drop down to normal mode and farm horadric chests from bounties.

The good class set pieces will ONLY drop in Torment modes, but the Horadric Chests have fixed drop tables and decent legendary drop rates depending on which act(s) you're doing the bounties in.
The loot from the hChests will be the same REGARDLESS of what difficulty you're on since it's based on character level not difficulty level. So the Gear from a normal chest will be the same from a torment chest.

basically farming chests until you have decent gear and can comfortably farm in torment will give you a solid base for gear as well as give you all the mats you're going to need when you start dropping plans for the class gear sets that drop in torment.

Also I've been playing nonstop since tuesday and I haven't gotten bored yet. There's a lot of choices in term of routes and it's not resetting the same 3-zone route for 12 hours to get one or two decent drops.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:45 am

Post by MrZepher »

ummm sheet dps doesn't mean shit anymore.
I have 300k dps and i farm torment fine because of % damage modifiers on items
In comparison the person i farm a lot with has 400k dps but doesn't do nearly the same damage that I do and can't farm torment on her own.
but yeah if you can't burst mobs fairly quickly in torment you're better off farming in master or blitz farming normal bounties.

I really like rift farming too. A week of blitz farming bounties has worn me out so I'm doing torment rift runs. Getting some nice stuff i guess.
I keep getting legendary and set plans, which while not bad is not ideal since legendary crafting is pretty hard now.
fucking legendary mats.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by MrZepher »

you say new but it's been like that for awhile lol

i only need one more organ for mine but i'm too lazy to farm infernal machines (you need at least 3 of them at one time to get into all the zones)
so for a guaranteed run for all the organs you'll need at least 12 machines (if you're solo).
I got two organs using 5 machines but i only built 2 of them myself. Public games op.

Honestly a hellfire ring won't be best in slot for like 80% of the characters in this game.
If you're on a witch doctor and you're INT stacking with soul harvest then it's really good just because of all the flat stats it gives, but the overall DPS output is pretty meh.
I think because of that fact a lot of people don't bother; it's a huge time investment for something that's not endgame gear.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:00 am

Post by MrZepher »

i've looted 127 act 1 caches

not a single ring of royal granduer

blizzard pls
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Everything is fun now. Just play what seems the most appealing to you.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:35 am

Post by MrZepher »

I didn't either. I played it enough to get a barb to 60 and that was basically it.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:33 am

Post by MrZepher »

alternatively you can swap characters before you submit the quest at the end of a nephalem rift for massive xp.
obviously you'd still need to be in a party.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Drop the difficulty until you can solo kill elites and bosses really quickly. Killing 5 elites in 10 minutes on a lower difficulty is statistically better than killing 2 elites in 6 minutes in a higher one. Always. It's why you see T6 geared people farming T3.

I haven't actually been play D3 because I decided to try to climb ladder in LoL, so there might be some new optimal strategies (check Reddit tbh)

I know that if you're not geared for torment then farm horadric caches. Look into your class and find the Best in Slot builds and cache items and farm the shit out of those until you get good rolls.
Once you get into torment you're basically doing the same thing (bounties) but also killing rift bosses for the class set pieces.
Don't worry about doing rifts unless you're in at least T1 (the drops vs cost isn't worth it)

TL;DR farm bounties until you can handle T1 to get through it pretty quickly.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by MrZepher »

I pretty much maxed out items. I was sitting #15 on diablo ladders for awhile on my DH.

They updated some stuff recently so I might have to farm up again.

Return to “The Arcade”