TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Bowser's Castle (Mafia Chat)

Forum for old private topics
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

It'll be fine! Just lie and don't get caught! :D

Real talk though - try to solve the game as though you were a VT, and just go from there. I do not know your normal playstyle, so I can't really provide you with any advice tailored towards looking like yourself, but honestly, given that this is a team mafia game - you have more leeway than normal for *not* looking like yourself. It's expected that you're being coached to some extent, regardless of your alignment, so as long as you're actively(or inactively, whatever your normal posting frequency may be) engaging, and following trajectories in your reasoning and suspicions that do not appear forced/trigger off of real events and connections, you should be fine.

So I had vague hopes of rolling Mario as my role, because I have previously rolled the "main character" role in a few different games, which would be some decent grounds for crumbing that flavor claim early game - so I guess this will work that as well? Not entirely sure I can spin the role itself, however, as being "Mario" - so that might take some work. There are some fair late game plays with bussing+a rolecop claim, but I'd prefer we just get 4 clean town lynches and sail through without having to do anything quite so desperate.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 3, HighPrincessErinys wrote: A rolecop claim might be tricksy when you only have 3 uses of it.
Oh, I was thinking more of a general JOAT claim for Mario(which makes sense for him), which happens to include a rolecop - other powers are uncertain, however, but rolecop+roleblock+BP, 1x each, seems reasonable. rolecop 1x claim, with regards to endgame and bussing, can be used to construct a "N1/2 I checked Erinys and saw they were a strongman/ninja, and were therefore definitely scum, and then spent the next day(s) trying to find their teammate" which can then be used to go from a 4:2 to a 3:1 where a town elimination could be forced with that argument. Just a general thought, probably only worth doing in desperate situations though.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4, SirCakez wrote:
In post 2, Cerberus v666 wrote: It'll be fine! Just lie and don't get caught! :D

Real talk though - try to solve the game as though you were a VT, and just go from there. I do not know your normal playstyle, so I can't really provide you with any advice tailored towards looking like yourself, but honestly, given that this is a team mafia game - you have more leeway than normal for *not* looking like yourself. It's expected that you're being coached to some extent, regardless of your alignment, so as long as you're actively(or inactively, whatever your normal posting frequency may be) engaging, and following trajectories in your reasoning and suspicions that do not appear forced/trigger off of real events and connections, you should be fine.

So I had vague hopes of rolling Mario as my role, because I have previously rolled the "main character" role in a few different games, which would be some decent grounds for crumbing that flavor claim early game - so I guess this will work that as well? Not entirely sure I can spin the role itself, however, as being "Mario" - so that might take some work. There are some fair late game plays with bussing+a rolecop claim, but I'd prefer we just get 4 clean town lynches and sail through without having to do anything quite so desperate.
Reminder that we don't use l**ch anymore! I personally prefer elimination but you can use whatever you want besides that word.
Noted! Perhaps I should read the site rules given my 4 year absence. :)
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

The OP in this pt confirms Mario is a safe claim here-only reason why I'm suggesting it.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #11 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

It's probably best to use the known fake flavor given, honestly. The trick is the abilities, since both of yours are obviously scum.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #13 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmm. I'd say it's at least as oddball as Goomba for a town role, and not using them adds the same risk you were advising me against taking with regards to Mario.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #15 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:01 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmm. Seer/Oracle are not, in my experience here at least, the sort of flavoring given to investigative here, though it may have changed in the last few years. Rosalina could have abilities related to travel as well(commuter, or could commute others, for example - though commuting others is effectively an alien variant, and might be too much of a claim that can "coincidentally" stop town actions to be accepted without suspicion)

Daisy's complete lack of real significance makes her both a good and bad choice, depending on what sort of marginal flavor was used for other roles. Only information about possible powers for her from flavor are all Peach related. Possible backup type claim?

In either case I believe we should establish the D1 claim, make extremely subtle and disavowable crumbs regarding it, and avoid making it until we have at least a town flip/+1x rolecop from me ideally, so we can see if the town structure is full of JOATs, or if that's just us. A claim out of family with the game setup is very, very bad. :)
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #17 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:22 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 16, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Yeah Daisy could be basically anything. Vigilante was one of my thoughts (leaning into the tomboy aspect would be a good flavor explanation but we don't really need to bring that up in a claim), and it'd be easy to fake outside of protectives being silly, in that we just nightkill someone and pretend "oh, the protective must've blocked the nightkill!", though there's a few dangerous possibilities there like, bodyguard, we somehow killed the doc oops, etc. Also of course the problem of proving "nooo im totally vigilante :)" to a probably suspicious town. And also if there's already a Vig-like. But, its better than nothing, right?
It feels a little transparent to me - if you have a fake claim that you can't back up in any way, it's better if it's one that 1) doesn't have a visible result, and/or 2) requires that someone else take an active action to disprove(since it's less likely that people will actually do something, and it sets up a possible 1v1 that can at least get a town elimination out of being caught.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #20 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I'm sure wgeurts will be fine. He will be, justifiably, suspicious of me no matter what I do, but isn't prone to tunneling. Directly engaging with him first to sort is NAI for me, and he will recognize that.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #21 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also I've put a call out to my team for fakeclaim ideas and options for you for either flavor, no responses yet.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #23 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

4/10 players(3/8 town) have correctly decided that the powerup is just a distraction for today. I'm not sure there's much of a chance of that, but I do have a concern that acting like Porkens and just voting to give the powerup to yourself despite more people than just the scum team thinking nobody should have it will read as town.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #26 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Good post. Probably no benefit to engaging directly further with wgeurts or anyone who suspects you - wgeurts is the only one on the wagon so far who I would expect to be dogged enough+charismatic enough to bring others around, so time to be less focused on survival so he has no behaviors to attack that he hasn't already.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #29 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:06 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Okay, so the two(well, probably not one, but definitely one of my strongest points) thinsg I will unapologetically claim to be extremely good at in mafia are gauging thread sentiment, and *not* getting eliminated. So, please, listen to me:

You are not in danger of being limmed right now if you start actively scumhunting and engaging with the thread productively yourself, and *stop* focusing on defending yourself. You absolutely should not just DROP the scumread on wgeurts out of nowhere, it should happen organically over time, but by immediately jumping on/reacting to every vote on you, and not every vote on everyone, as well as omgus'ing wgeurts, you've displayed a high degree of survivalism, which is extremely scummy.

To get the scum off you, you need to develop opinions and support them with good reasons. If you would like any help on how to get some reads out there without pushing people over the edge of voting for you, I am here, and your teammates probably are too. I would recommend workshopping any posts you have where you're expressing a strong opinion on anyone here.

If you'd like to know why I don't think you even need to worry about actually defending yourself:

Adorable (Average ™ Enjoyers) - not going to vote you, suspects wgeurts
Cat Scratch Fever (Good in Plaid) Disliked your early play, and dislikes your omgus.
Cerberus v666 (We Don’t Mafia) - doesn't vote(this isn't a because your my scummate thing, btw, this is a well known meta thing), don't need to worry about
Fate (Ancient Guard) - might tunnel, probably just threw the vote on to pressure since you had the most votes. may or may not stay.
HighPrincessErinys Whimsical Activities) - it's you!
Jingle (Jingle Ballers) - not going to vote you, suspects wgeurts
Petapan (Polymewl) - voting you but doesn't want to be - easily swayed to a wgeurts wagon, but more importantly likely to be easily pulled off
Porkens (Pork Eaters) - not going to vote you, suspects wgeurts - did express prior agreement with the sentiment tha tyou appeared to just be posting to be posting, so might be brought back on if you keep air.
Radical Rat (Klickin’ Chickens) - Doesn't believe in wgeurts wall, not going to vote you.
Wgeurts (Crispy Cream Puffs) - wagon driver, give them what they want in terms of town behaviors in a non-pandering fashion, and they'll go away - and nobody else cares enough to make it stick.

So. Basically the only thing anyone has said about reasons to suspect you is because your initial play presented as (forgive me for the insult inherent in the descriptor) newb!scum behavior - making posts to just appear to be active in the game, without actually seeming to accomplish anything. You're not particularly townread by the people who aren't voting you currently, but all you need to be is neutral.

TL;DR: You are not in danger if you do the following, in this order:

1) answer the questions of the people who are questioning you in a reasonable, non-defensive way. Do so in a systematic way, do not leave anyone unresponded to.
2) Get your own analysis and thoughts out there ahead of people feeling they have to vote you to force you to engage and answer.
3) Continue playing and engaging at the rate you've been doing it, but do not make any more fluff posts - ask a question, answer a question, have an opinion. It is okay if that opinion is opposed to me, btw, because you can safely use me as a target without worrying about me defensively voting you out of annoyance - just be aware that doing so can make whoever flips second's life harder.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #30 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:10 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmm, rat's support of your meta is quite helpful actually. :P still need to answer the question and avoid fluff for the moment(give wgeurts the reward they want for the pressure they're putting you under) but you might be safe to do that alone and weigh options from there.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #35 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:24 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Sorry! I was actively in the thread and reading shit and responding and not checking in on this. And yep, I'm fine with that approach, if you think there's actually something to talk to fate about. :P
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #36 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:34 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I am seeing a little inconsistency in your presentation to the thread with regards to how your vote is being used. In that last post you're both telling CSF that even though you suspect them a bit, it's not good enough to vote them, so you're saying that you scumread wgeurts enough to vote them.

Which doesn't mesh well with you then moving your single vote on to Fate to pressure them to engage with you, since that then implies fate is a stronger scumread than wgeurts is and you're okay with reducing the pressure on wgeurts.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #37 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Although I do suppose you DO say that you're getting town vibes from their recent activities, so okay. Consistent enough I think. :)
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #40 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:49 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

*nods* Today is looking good I think. Barring the double vote ending up in the hands of someone who wants to go after you, you're good.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #42 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:53 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 276, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 274, Jingle wrote: It's worth noting, because if ALL someone is doing is replying to the thread when they're brought up, it likely means they're not interested in solving the game and instead more interested in managing how people see them.
Well it's still waiting on Fate (or Porkens) to do anything. Might have to consider getting back on wgeurts though because it'd probably take an actual proper wagon to get either of them to start talking and no one seems altogether too interested at the moment.
Be careful with this. If you go back get convinced to go there by someone, don't just do it, or obly do it after pressure is off you. Pushing to get a wagon on fate or pockets to force them to participate reads as more town than just hopping back onto your current counterwagon.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #43 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

And with the Petapan unvote, the wagon likely dies, unless wgeurts decides they're your partner.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #45 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Mhm. I will freely admit, btw, that my decision to be belligerent about giving reads lists in a game this small may very well be a problem today. We shall see. It's 100% in line with my meta, but enough of the game doesn't know me that they might be annoyed. :)
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #50 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmm. Let's think about this actually(that was my next step before VLA starts.

What is our preferred path to victory here? Who do we want in endgame with us, and who do we NK versus have the town lim for us?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #52 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmm. So PR's - because even though I am very much someone who wants to mechanically just outright win a game, I think it's more important to plan for who you can manipulate rather than who you are afraid of having a PR.

We have a ninja/strongman - implies Doctor/BP, and Tracker/Watcher.
We have a rolecop/roleblocker - I don't think that really says anything.

Tracker/Watcher can somewhat confirm themselves, if they catch a NK visit and get whoever visited lim'd. Doctor/BP are less concerning. Hmm. I will think further on this.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #56 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:07 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

So. Endgame. Barring missed kills or town shots, this is my tentative D3, in order of desire to have them be present.

HPE
Cerb
CSF
RR
Adorable
Porkens

Not sure who would be the ideal lim push to make that day is.

I do expect that the game is balanced assuming a missed kill from us, btw, so there's a fair chance D3 is 7 and we need to get it down to 5 for D4.

This means wgeurts, fate, jingle, and peta are our targets in my scenario at least.

Peta lim, jingle nk, wgeurts lim, fate nk.

We can see how things play out of course, and I need to actually read everything that's happening in depth, bit iirc a peta+jingle flips discredit wgeurts, and without jingle the peta/wgeurts team convo gets dropped before the peta flip keeps wgeurts from being a target. Losing jingles voice is a bit scary for us, though, given the views they have on us - they're doing a lot of work to keep you defended.

Will keep this updated as the game progresses.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #58 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:23 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Wgeurts lim without any significant flips that keep people from sheeping them posthumously feels very dangerous to you.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #59 (isolation #25) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:33 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Don't defend me. Vote me or not as feels appropriate/reasonably town. I certainly don't have the time to address things right now, but I'll probably pop in at some point soonish to clarify that I essentially have 3 expressed reads that should be obvious, and then move on to whatever it was I was doing before my vacation started.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #62 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Annoying to have to use that for no real reason. If I wasn't traveling that wagon is defuseable without. Everybody with an expressed SR on me was voting me, and two of the people doing it were sleeping teammates reads, and one of them was being purely survivalist. *sigh*
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #66 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Mhm.

You should be wary of town implosion turning into a compromise wagon on you, btw.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #70 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Not a stupid claim idea, that was my first idea for a possible claim. VT might actually just be fine too as either princess?

Also go us, one down, and they did it before making me get thoughts out there. Bit messy, but yeah. I'll be prepping for those reads that I told them I'd be getting, and in the process I'll gather my thoughts on targets for night actions.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #71 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:19 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Alright, so I haven't done the read through yet, was about to start on it but it looks like one of my partners wants me to come over earlier in the day than I planned, so thi smight not be happening until tomorrow.

So, tentative action suggestions:

HPE Ninja kills CSF
Cerb rolecops Adorable(or fate)

I think we can do better than that, but those are the initial ideas. Need to review certainty of various people with regards to porkens and CSF to see who those flips will cause to reevaluate things.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #72 (isolation #30) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Slightly stronger pull to rolecop adorable. there's a bit of a PR soft happening with the power desire, and I've expressed more of a problem with adorable/therefore have more reason to want to cop them as town.

Another alternative is to cop someone who we are okay with nk'ing/are neutral about having in end of game, so we can respond to a "town" investigative clear by killing the subject of the investigation, as is expected.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #75 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:01 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Alright, i am back and working on things!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #78 (isolation #32) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:38 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmm. Finally done, but the messy way to just check game state, not the way to be ready to provide analysis for the town.

General game state:

Player Name Townread Null or better Would lim
Adorb 3 6 3
CSF 6 8 1
Cerb 2 5 4
Fate 3 5 4
HPE 2 6 3
Jingle 5 8 1
Peta 3 6 3
RR 4 9 0
Wgeurts 4 6 3

Easiest Lim's(# SR's): Cerb/Fate(4), Adorable/HPE/Peta/Wgeurts(3), CSF/Jingle(1), RR(0)
Most defenders(# TR): CSF(6), Jingle(5), RR/Wgeurts(4), Peta/Fate/Adorable(3), Cerb/HPE(2)

Kill options:

CSF/Jingle/RR are best for reducing town cohesion.
Fate/Wgeurts are best for reducing direct pressure on us - they are the only two slots that are willing to vote both of us.

Fate has 4 slots they're willing to lim, so us shooting them may not force attention directly onto us as their only scumreads.
Wgeurts only has 3 expressed(but information may also be very out of date, only Jingle suspicion is current - we may not even be in their PoE anymore
CSF - only expressed suspicion that is notable is Fate - TR's you and is neutral towards me. Shot reduces your defenders.
Jingle - Has 3 SR's that are not us, a TR on you, and a not-willing-to-clear-by-claim suspicion on me. I don't believe we shoot here. If they are a PR, power isn't likely to come at us, and they will muddy the waters in the day phase.
RR - Wishes to lim CSF, me, and Peta. shooting here reduces pressure on me and dilutes teh resulting attention, but CSF is unlikely to be targeted - it becomes me v peta if town wants to think that way.

I believe CSF is the overall best option. Fate's weird play is absolutely dangerous, and despite the numbers showing they're kinda in lim danger, I don't think they truly are without us both committing to forcing through that lim. We should play as though there's a vote on us from fate at all times while they're alive, basically. :-/ He very likely unvoted while they were waiting for my claim so if someone else felt it was important to keep me at L-1 he could hammer.

Outcome of CSF flip: RR has to reevaluate suspicion of the slot, which they are already doing due to their teammates thoughts. Wgeurts, Peta, Jingle, and Adorable all get more certain in the accuracy of their reads - Wgeurts is the one of those that is a concern, but that doesn't change anything from today.

SC: Final actions
HPE Activates Ninja
HPE Performs Factional Kill on Cat Scratch Fever
Cerberus V666 Rolecops Adorable

I will be sending in these actions as a message to you as well.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #80 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:28 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Adorable is Princess Peach. She is a loved bodyguard, so +1 vote to hammer, and unlimited bodyguarding.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #84 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Loved means she takes one extra vote to lim!

She has a self-proving role, and is *close* to conftown - loved scum exist, but a loved scum is basically an autoloss for a town without killing powers who let's the slot live past D2, so it's pretty rare.

She is, however, a bodyguard, so for her power to be useful she'd have to sacrifice herself. The question is whether there is another outright protective in town, which could combo with her to allow them to keep some critical PR alive for multiple night phases.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #86 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Ah mm nm, her loved power does deactivate in MELO/ELO, so if it were on scum it could be viable. Bodyguard is pretty much clear town.

The question is what do I do with this information. I claimed a non-specific investigative power. I could have a vanilla cop, if we want a less explicitly scummy power than rolecop is? or I can just vaguely say she's very likely town from my results, whenever I share things with town - I will not be sharing my result, btw, until at least a few days of content have been generated.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #87 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I actually think the power deactivating in MELO/ELO makes her a low priority target. She doesn't *prevent* kills, just redirects them, and she can't catch us with investigative results. She'd probably be a challenging lim in endgame, but not an impossible one.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #88 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Alright, so tanooki is a one time commute. That might be the source of possible doc saves in the game? Hmm

Right now we have

VT
Even Tracker
Loved Bodyguard
Unknown Town
Unknown Town
Unknown Town
Unknown Town
Unknown Town

VS

Roleblock/Cop(3 shots)
Strongman 1x Ninja 1x
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #90 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:16 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I...I don't even know what to say about this lol.

Do I corroborate Adorables claim? Like... her claim means I lost the verifiable nature of my claim, lol.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #92 (isolation #39) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:57 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Ah, there is the doctor.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #95 (isolation #40) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I believe, as the language of your strongman says it happens despite any game effects, that it should still go through, but he would know best.

Also...might be worth clarifying if you were to target the target of a bodyguard while using the strongman, would both the bodyguard and the the target die?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #99 (isolation #41) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

That's fine. Town is stronger than the mechanical spec people anticipated I think.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #102 (isolation #42) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:26 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

So. How do you want my associatives to look when I put my full set of reads and analysis out there? I'll obviously work to not be lim'd today, but let's try to make sure that whatever I'm saying sets you up well.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #108 (isolation #43) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:22 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 105, SirCakez wrote:
In post 104, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 95, Cerberus v666 wrote: Also...might be worth clarifying if you were to target the target of a bodyguard while using the strongman, would both the bodyguard and the the target die?
Reiterating this question for the mod because a 2-for-1 would be HUGE.
The original player dies, but the bodyguard lives
That...doesn't make sense based on the role PM you sent me for Adorable.

It explicitly says "if hte player you are protecting is attacked, you die"

Not "You die instead"
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #109 (isolation #44) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:50 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 107, HighPrincessErinys wrote: part of me wants to kill fate tonight just on principle
Alas, killing RR is probably required if/once I flip.

Fate/RR isn't going to become a thing. Ideally they'll lim their way through all the VT claims, which will let you finish out the game. RR>Fate>kill to win is probably ideal? Unsure, but RR tonight seems necessary unless you have a plan for him.

Also to be clear for the post-game: I really did forget how much work all this shit takes, and got burned out 3 hours in yesterday and went to hang with the gf and then did some more and then had my evening plans show up, then woke up early today to work on this, did so for 1.5 hours, and then that's when I saw the posts from Fate. And since this was all taking too long and there was some clear mechanical bullshit or misunderstanding going on, had to actually interact with this to make sure those things are being addressed before I just get lim'd.

Also, I think there's actually some chance that Fate is just a cop who didn't want to outright claim cop so they can continue investigating. So idk a fate kill might actually be a good idea if that's the case, kinda depends on his answer to my questions about his role/how likely those answers seem to be real ones instead of lies.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #111 (isolation #45) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:18 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 110, SirCakez wrote:
In post 108, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 105, SirCakez wrote:
In post 104, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 95, Cerberus v666 wrote: Also...might be worth clarifying if you were to target the target of a bodyguard while using the strongman, would both the bodyguard and the the target die?
Reiterating this question for the mod because a 2-for-1 would be HUGE.
The original player dies, but the bodyguard lives
That...doesn't make sense based on the role PM you sent me for Adorable.

It explicitly says "if hte player you are protecting is attacked, you die"

Not "You die instead"
Yes, because the Strongman changes the mechanical resolution to cause the kill to be successful. The Bodyguard's protection fails and so they don't die.
So...mechanically the strongman functions as a simultaneous global roleblock on all protectives or roleblocking abilities that would prevent the kill from happening, so secondary effects of the protections don't occur?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #114 (isolation #46) » Tue May 02, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Lmao. Man..I wish life was less busy right now.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #115 (isolation #47) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also. I think at this point you might be best suited in going heavy on defending me, OR let yourself be talked into voting me s l o w l y.

Too much defense of the scum flip from the person who does not have to be worried about the tracker=not scummy.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #119 (isolation #48) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:34 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hey. So finished up finals for this semester an hour and a half ago, a bit too late to actually do anything more.

A peta lim coming from Fate is very possible.

The fact that Fate had results on me is still very suspect. I'll be asking SC if that was a mod error, a lie from town, or a misunderstanding from town.

I think naive town is a reasonable conclusion for them to draw from your play, and a lim on Adorable is just as likely as one on you. Strongman tonight, ensure that RR dies so you don't have to worry about missing a kill on the last night.

Good luck. Sorry I wasn't able to do more.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #122 (isolation #49) » Sat May 06, 2023 10:21 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 120, HighPrincessErinys wrote: This one isn't super sure how to go about things but it was thinking of deliberately killing Adorable with a Strongman? It had some idea on how to use that against RR ("well if it was strongman that gets past effects like rolestopper, why didnt they kill the TRACKER??") but it could easily be explained as "well what if adorable just protected someone" and not "what if RR isnt the role he says he is" so idk if that's like. A great idea...? Also need to figure out who to """"""track""""".

Deliberate strongman kill on Adorable is bad. Might as well just regular kill where you think she'd protect(RR) and be prepared for both outcomes, if you want to save the strongman.

I feel there's a decent chance that tomorrow's power is a vig shot, and if so it will be put in the hands of the person who you clear(since you can't be scum *with* them, and with my flip they'll see any interference in your targeting as nearly impossible). Gotta track a VT claim. Clearung peta goes a LONG way to getting you townlocked I think, as you'd be stopping the fate push and making it more likely they reassess the 1x scum in VT claims idea - but that's exactly why it would be dangerous to do. Clearing wgeurts might not be the worst idea, but I never got around to isoing him and can't really predict where he's likely to have come around to on the subject of you, and having him as conftown would be an absolute nightmare if he's out for your head.

Don't forget about it being possible that whoeever you don't see go anywhere might be a ninja, something usable if you need to push your clear, but unless you start off with it in your possibility space/the way you're approaching "reevaluating" the game tomorrow, it will come across as opportunistic, so should be an endgame move, not something to push a lim tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”