Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #885 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by cicero »

Yeah - what she said. I'm in. Will take me a few days to read and get up to speed but am glad to be invited to the party. Aloha.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #886 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by cicero »

Unvote
if I am voting anyone.

Un...um...throw... if I am supposed to do that instead. :p
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #888 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by cicero »

I havent read the thread yet but in my experience lynching Yamahako is always a good idea.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #890 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:57 pm

Post by cicero »

YosiP wrote:
cicero wrote:I havent read the thread yet but in my experience lynching Yamahako is always a good idea.
Sorry I am not for lynching people because they have been mafia or scum in the past lynching because of a grudge or personality is bad! Oui!
Um yeah... it was a joke. Thanks though. :D
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #906 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by cicero »

I'm also still here and reading the recent developments intently. Havent had time to do anything of Vollkan-esque proportions yet. Actively reading though.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1012 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:05 am

Post by cicero »

After reading it looks to me like Skruffs is a serial killer who got caught with his pants down when after claiming the kill scene outed him. None of Skruffs arguments thereafter impressed me. Why does the town want him kept alive so far?

More specifically, Tarhalindur, why did you narrow from thinking Skruffs was probably scum to deciding you would only kill Gorrad and Fonz today?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1013 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:20 am

Post by cicero »

oh and everything about Fonz seems scummy to me. I should have said I dont believe his role claim and think his attack on ABR is enormously anti-town who gives a crap behavior.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1015 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:22 am

Post by cicero »

I think he's a distracting asshat, as usual. I just don't think he's lying to me.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1033 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:31 am

Post by cicero »

Gorrad what BM just said - that was kinda what I was going on to. Thing is with a player like that he's such a liability that the Fonz approach makes a tiny bit of sense. But since lynching bad town is scummy it's always a devils bargain. Know what I mean?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1065 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:16 am

Post by cicero »

Lowell wrote:Also, I'm still not thrilled at the way fonz just assumed we have two scumgroups. Nothing about this game so far has led me to believe that is the case.
Clarification question: Do you count an SK as a scumgroup? We have two nightkills.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1079 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:40 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:So it is more of a 'cafeteria killings' cop.

Cicero, pay attention. :)
Aye aye Captain. hey. There's a very good reason I havent thrown any food. My opinions on this matter are still highly malleable. I agreed to join this game because Dripping Goofball asked me very nicely via PM but real life and attention to exciting times in other games have stopped me from being steel-trap mind focussed. I'll try to chip in before deadline but absolutely no promises. And if I dont feel good about my choices my food gets eaten not thrown.

I do promise that I'm trying to keep up and that I'm keeping an open mind though. Will be more active as soon as I can manage it. Sorry for not taking up as much space as usual and causing the usual furrowed brows of irritation at keyboards across the world. It's entirely temporary.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1088 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:32 am

Post by cicero »

I have food. I don't know why Shadowlurker didnt throw any.

The throwing of my food will come, I have no doubt.

Hint: Not all of us have the same amount of food to play with. I am, sadly, not in possession of 100 tiny peas to throw around.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1090 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by cicero »

Yes but you can give the APPEARANCE of doing a lot without actually committing to much. People need to be careful of such dynamics in this game.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1101 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:56 am

Post by cicero »

Nightfall, I dont think ABR would need to be very positive to do that but I dont think he's lying. I think he jumped the gun. He saw THE fat kid and jumped at it. ABR is very shoot from the hip.

I think the chronology is very important in this fight. They all look like they're fighting over misunderstandings. There's a very good chance that what JordanA just said is exactly correct. They're all town. I didnt think so at first. The night scene plus Fonz's anger and indignance at anyone daring to question Skruffs innocence threw me off at first. Then I remembered...oh yeah... this is fonz. (Side note Fonz, people suspecting Skruffs as the SK is NOT Ludicrous. Skruffs didnt know what the night scene would look like when he claimed and the mod didnt make Skruffs claim on day one. I see your point, but I dont see yelling at people over it as being appropriate in this instance.)

Also Fonz has, I think, refused to take into account that his own investigations might not be 100% accurate.(apologies if Ive missed that). If we are mentioning Tarhalindur as being possibility inaccurate because of BM we need to reflect on the converse proposition as well. Fonz, have you considered that as a possibility? I'm still puzzling out the bad behavior notes though

so far all I see still points to Skruffs being the SK
on the surface
regardless of Fonz's claimed innocent on him.

- Questions about the bad behavior notes dont match up
- Death in the kitchen.

BUT! I dont want to lynch him today (what are we calling it in here if not a lynching?). First, Skruffs point about the cook is a good one. Second, consider this: and this is puuuuuuuuuuure speculation. What if the night scene tonight shows a completely different kill scene from another part of the school. We know that a kid was killed in the kitchen once. In normal mafia the kid would always be killed like that. In normal mafia, though, there isnt much scenery to work with. In this foodfight mafia it could end up being like a game of Clue. I'd rather see whether someone dies in the library tonight or something given that Skruffs has a cop innocent. I also think Fonzie should live and should maybe consider investigating Skruffs again.

One other note - this is all a good example of the problems with Alpha Striking. ABR is almost dead and it can't be retracted. Someone may have to wallop him with something just to put him out of his misery. I'd prefer he go rather than two claimed cops and two claimed innocents. Fonz, BM, Tar, and Skruffs should not die today. I'm sorry. It's just a bad risk to town all around.

Of these people ABR seems expendable if a choice among those players is required. Especially since he is almost dead. He brought it on himself with his shoot from the hip counter claim I'd say. But all in all I'd rather lynch someone I'm more sure is scum. (I guess that kinda goes without saying...)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1105 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by cicero »

mneme wrote:cicero: whatever. We have enough food to lynch.
WHO has enough food to lynch? There appear to be three teams in here (that we know of). You can put the rope in the scum's hands in this game but you can't take it back out again so easily. That's all I'm saying.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1119 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:58 am

Post by cicero »

@Skruffs

I was considering those roles where you are semi-competent, i.e. a 50/50 chance at a correct result. Fonz tells me that "variant sanity in limited cops is almost unheard of." I didn't/don't know that. So do with it what you will. I just know they exist. Maybe everyone else is all about the WIFOM, but I'm kinda about the Occam razor. When I see that the dead guy was killed in the kitchen cauldron I look at the lunch lady. Crazy I know. Your idea of the cops cross inspecting is fine it just doesnt answer the concern I was raising. Ultimately the cops should do what they want to stop the magic role "fucker-uppers" that scum might have from having an effect. Mine was just a sensible idea: Consider the fact that your investigations arent 100% effective. Because you are all yelling at each other based on those assumptions and assuming the other side must be lying. My best is there's a good chance none of you are lying and a weird game mechanic at work. c'est tout.

As for ABR's lynch - I am not just resigning myself to an ABR lynch in some scummy way. We are almost at a deadline where the person with the most food on him goes home. Essentially if no one threw more food, ABR is done. I'm saying that of the people in today's big dispute, given we have two claimed cops and two claimed innocents and Albert.... well... the unscummy answer seems obvious to me. ABR dies or you do a massive alpha strike on some uninvolved party based on a case against them, remembering that you are leaving limited time for them to defend against such a case.

If this is a scummy opinion I may just have to quit playing mafia because I clearly just don't get it. Maybe scrabble is more my speed.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1122 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:17 am

Post by cicero »

The Fonz wrote:
cicero wrote:I'm kinda about the Occam razor.
Yet the re3st of your post couldn't be LESS occam's razor if it tried. Trying to use Occam's razor to imply some really weird game mechanic, seriously, is like the opposite of OR.
You're right... a foodfight game designed by Dripping Goofball. How could that possibly have really weird game mechanics. What was I thinking.

All I see is more evidence, once again, that you cant conceive of anyone not seeing what is expressly obvious to you. Which makes you annoying but also much more likely to be a townie telling the truth.

No food on you from me.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1124 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:27 am

Post by cicero »

and my response to that is Dripping Goofball plus the behavior of those involved feeling like townies in a slap fight.

I get your point but I'm not sure how you want me to apply it. Throw my stuff on Battlemage? or throw my stuff on tarhalindur? what? I'm doing the best I can to provide some insight here. Not throw my stuff at ABR? What?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1126 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:34 am

Post by cicero »

Let me put it more clearly. You arent all necessarily townies in a slapfight. You MIGHT all be townies in a slapfight BUT there is definitely something going fishstick fishy with the bad behavior notes, the innocents, and the cops. But either it's weird mechanics or I dont know who to believe and I'm loathe to kill a claimed investigator role when the night could provide clarity. In addition I'm loathe to lynch the claimed innocent of either of those cops. Everyone else can do what they want but if much more food lands on you I might just hammer ABR to end the day because the more I read the more I think food landing on you is bullshit.

Remember, I came in to this thinking you were lying so I understand people going at you - but at this point in the game I know which way I want to play the odds. You and Tarhalindur can re-investigate your targets or each other or whoever else you want. I think voting in that block of four is dangerous. That's all. Voting ABR sucks but is less dangerous. If people want to throw their food elsewhere based on good cases made, that's fine too. But I don't want someone hammered who doesnt get a chance to argue back and claim. So be wary.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1127 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:39 am

Post by cicero »

The Fonz wrote:My last two posts have no game implications whatsoever, I'm just mildly annoyed at your misuse of terminology.

The Occam's razor explanation for what you appear to suspect (all involved being townies) would be that BM got a finite number of BBN at the start whilst Skruffs' replenish, and that there is no contradiction at all between my claimed role and Albert's.
I dont think there's any contradiction between you and ABR. I think he jumped the gun based on your flavor wording and now he won't let go.

The bad behavior note difference could be a game mechanic or a lie by either Skruffs or BM. Nothing says bad behavior notes have to be consistent. The food we've been given hasnt been equalised. Im not going to assume that the BB notes would be the same for everyone in a game this weird. Especially not when I have a claimed cop vouching for each disputant.

At this stage I'm not assuming much of anything. Sue me.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1129 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:59 am

Post by cicero »

well one of the things that tweaked me about this whole discussion is that people seem to simultaneously need skruffs to be an SK and your scumbuddy. What I dont get is if both of those propositions involve skruffs, why is all the food headed for you??
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1151 (isolation #21) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by cicero »

Motherf*ckers! stop throwing food at the Fonz!!

sorry... been beering.

Seriously though.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1154 (isolation #22) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by cicero »

It is fun but I'll let you in on a secret: the play is Lowell or ABR. I just hope Lowell shows up long enough to defend himself or claim or whatever. Under zero circumstances should more food land on the following:

Battlemage
Tarhalindur
Skruffs
Fonzie

You'll understand after a re-read. Until you do, keep your foodsticks in your lunchbox.

In other news, I can't believe how good you were as scum in 499 Gorgon you bastard. I have SO got my fucking eye on you.

Throw a deep friend medusa Head at Gorgon

I would throw real food at you but I'm saving it to counteract the kind of thing you just did. Consider yourself FOS'd.

(sorry...I'm a bit drunk...)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1157 (isolation #23) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by cicero »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Cicero is at the top of my scumlist
Yeah. Just like in every game we play. Has nothing to do with me suggesting you are probably the necessary play for today and the fact that I said if people look like they'll hammer one of the four I might hammer you. No... not at all.

Maybe you should lie about being a cop and try to get me lynched here too. seems to work well.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1160 (isolation #24) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by cicero »

Gorgon wrote:Rereading, even the last 10 pages, takes time that I don't have. I'm going to bed any minute now.

Also, I did assume that people might want to know what kind of food everyone has.
Foods is votes. If you have a compelling need to inform people about your lunchbox (which is something you shouldnt assume in the first place) list it. Dont vote people with no reasons. Especially when we're at deadline and there is no unvote button.

k?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1161 (isolation #25) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by cicero »

Flameaxe wrote:Whoa. Simma daan nao![/snl reference] Referencing ongoing games baaad.
Yeah. sorry. me bad. me stop.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1162 (isolation #26) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by cicero »

Vollkan = good posting.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1169 (isolation #27) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by cicero »

ABR jumped the gun. We should swat Lowell for lurky opportunistic uselessness. I am not swatting him in order yet to protect Fonzie from dumbass food throwing (coughGorgoncough). I will hammer ABR if Fonzie is threatened. Otherwise I throw my food at Lowell last minute...unless he claims Jesus of Nazareth at which point I cry a tear for town and half heartedly throw my food at ABR.

If anyone tries to take advantage of this info I throw my food at them instead at a time when they will least findeth it tasty.

So sayeth Cicero.

/Trumpets Sound.

(again, when exactly is this "last minute" I speak of?)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1170 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by cicero »

Throw Rice Pudding at Lowell

Are you listening? Pay attention.

Yes. That was real.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1173 (isolation #29) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by cicero »

mmm... I checked.

It's 11:30 hours.

ABR is screwed I think. Makes me sad cuz I think he's town. Gun jumping town but town. OK... since I dont think anyone is going to hammer Fonz in the next 11 hours on a Friday night I'm going to throw the rest of my food at Lowell. (especially since I'm going to not be around for most of the next 11 hours so I make a very bad Fonz Guardian.

Throw Ham Sandwich at Lowell

Throw Can of Coke at Lowell

I think this is more symbolic gesture than anything else but if we all try real hard we could make a difference...

we are the world....
we are the children...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1191 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:01 am

Post by cicero »

mneme wrote:Neh? It seems like Jessica's role confirm's Tar's.

Is anyone up to making a list of those involved in the quick Lowell bandwagon toward end-of-day? Given the speed of the bandwagon and the result, it seems like a very protown (or least anti-Adminafia) bw. Arigato!
I think you mean anti-cafeteria mafia? I can easily draw that conclusion, but not the converse. Am I missing something?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1193 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:28 am

Post by cicero »

Drip - I still dont fully understand the large meter on the right hand side. I may have missed it in read through. What is that supposed to tell me?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1195 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:36 am

Post by cicero »

Aha. Thanks much. Good to know.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1199 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:53 am

Post by cicero »

I think you're right. It hadnt occurred to me that no one was keeping a bandwagon count. But since you thought of it you get to do the first one :D

Yeah, Fonz probably misread I think or wasnt clear. People dont always read their PMs closely.

On battlemage, yes. I agree with the suspiciousness. He's actually administration (if librarian counts) and Tar has some 'splainin' to do (although I think he's pretty much a confirmed mason now). And BM's bad behavior notes didnt match. But I reserve judgement - and food - for now. Awaiting Tar. Wakey Wakey Eggs and Bakey.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1200 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:56 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:I mean, uh, it's... um... a scale... to show how scummy you look to the reset of hte town, cicero.
So if it starts going up you better start bussing buddies.
Aye aye, Soup Kitchen Godfather! Aye Aye!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1201 (isolation #35) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:08 am

Post by cicero »

Lowell's Votes

slings fistful of chopped onions at Nightfall
throw fistful of onions at gorrad.
hurls chopped onions at skitzer
hurls fistful of onions at skitzer
flicks fistful of onions at gorrad
throws fistful of onions at gorrad
flings plate of spaghetti at skitzer
hurl orange juice at skitzer.
hurl 2 fistfuls of fried onions at Gorrad.
hurl plate of spaghetti and meatballs at Fonz
toss 4 fistfulls of chopped onions at Fonz.

I post these for people's analysis. I don't see anything there in terms of distancing unfortunately. No useful FOS's either. He attacked Gorrad a bit strongly for it to be distancing maybe? the other two are clear because the other three are, well, dead.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1202 (isolation #36) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:09 am

Post by cicero »

EBWOP:
the other
two
three
are clear because the other three are, well, dead
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1206 (isolation #37) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:52 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:knowing that lowell worked with soup, that chopped onions are commonly a part of, it may be posible to discern other food-preparation mafiates by the food they sling.

Which reminds me :L Cicero, are you the one who has intentionally avoided throwing any food?
Read 1169, 1170 and 1173. Pew. Pew Pew. My food was used judiciously, usefully, and is on the record.

Good thinking though on the chopped onions. Very good thinking.

/goes back to read food that would go in soup. Eyeballs a certain someone's many many peas...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1216 (isolation #38) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:46 am

Post by cicero »

Possible Soup Food already thrown

Skruffs - Tomato Soup

Sauerkraut - Battle Mage

Yamahako - Peas and Saltines - Also hot coffee which is kind of a strange drink to give to school kids... ya know.

ckillor - carrots, baby carrots

Aubergine and consomme - Pick me genius/Gorgon - Gorgon was also all about the throwing food without caring what happened. Threw Food at Fonz - the soup cop! - and then was all "oopsie daisy" after pushing fonz closer to a lynch.

Tarhalindur's food - some of it: celery sticks, saltines, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, But som e is not.

Flameaxe - has soup but also lots of non-soup.

Lowell - also had spaghetti and meatballs with his onions though.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1320 (isolation #39) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by cicero »

ckillor has claimed roleblocker. Korlash is a gossiping mason.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1327 (isolation #40) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:40 am

Post by cicero »

Korlash wrote:Ok... >.> Why does him not having blocked me have anything to do with us having to know who he did block? You say it could help, how? How does knowing someone got blocked in anyway help other then to let them fake claim almost anything, targeting anyone, and still be believed?

>.> = My serious face... grrr!
Why do you oppose it is a better question. The answer to your question above is fairly obvious. Such questions as Fonz is asking shouldnt really be discouraged. They catch liars. Often. In unexpected ways when other roles intersect and find the information to be false. At worst, asking it does no harm. When a player is being investigated and they claim to avoid being lynched the next step is to press for details. I would totally FOS you if you werent a claimed mason. I mean I just dont get you making this your contribution to the hunt, I'm sorry.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1329 (isolation #41) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:15 am

Post by cicero »

Korlash wrote:Oh I'm sorry... The next time I see a player I think is scum telling a role to out themselves or possibly out others I'll just stay quite.

And I'm not a claimed mason by choice. So FoS all you want.
Um...Fonz is scum now because why...?

Ckillor is town now because why...?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1333 (isolation #42) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by cicero »

Flameaxe wrote:
Korlash wrote:Who the hell is talking about Fonz? You need to pay more attention if your going to get all upity and insulting.

And I never called Ckillor town either. You need to start paying more attention.
You need to start thinking over your posts before actually posting them. It will help you in all of your games. No joke.
QF-friggin'-T
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1335 (isolation #43) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:12 am

Post by cicero »

We're on cool terms in the real world, Kor. I like you. You're just kind of being a game goof the last little bit (in my humble opinion) so I'm poking you with my grumpy stick. In both games. But dont worry, I'd still take you to the malt shop for cherry cokes.

To answer your question, my questions were based on the inferences of your position. I dont understand why you arent following your own train of thought, except to suggest that you arent taking the game seriously at the moment. You popped in to stop Fonz from asking about ckillor's roleblocking claim. I argued that such questions are beneficial. You responded with an inference that fonz was scum doing something that might damage a power role's effectiveness. I asked you why you are assuming that fonz is the scummy one when to me he seems likely to be a town power role. And you denied that your inference to that effect was there when it clearly was.

And here we are.

Clear as mud?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1337 (isolation #44) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:34 am

Post by cicero »

No. it was accidental actually. I was getting this and some stuff in another game mixed up.

I am indeed an idiot. Sorry. I keep trying to sneak in posts on Christmas break while people around me scowl at me for not giving them all my attention. I should stop. Mea culpa.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1393 (isolation #45) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:09 am

Post by cicero »

OK. I'm back at my desk and not ducking from computer to computer. This should be helpful.

With respect to my Fonz vs Skruffs mix-up, it was mostly just because Fonz cleared Skruffs (so they are tied together in my brain in this game) mixed with arguing with Fonz in another game. So I meant to type Skruffs and kept typing Fonz as I tried to sneak a few minutes to check my games over a very busy christmas holiday season. But I dont think the brainfart negates my general point... or flameaxe's point about Korlash not paying attention.

As with yesterday I felt like the Big Four fight felt like townies sniping. Skruffs feels more likely to be town than scum to me and seems to be some kind of power role. We just dont know what kind yet since apparently no one knows what a bad behavior note does but saying I'm vanilla townie and oh yeah I got these notes doesnt cut it for me. If you can do something more than vote, you gots da powah. In addition, Fonz is dead and came up as exactly what he said he was. He had cleared Skruffs. Finally, Ckillor is on my list of soup ingredient badguys.

Obviously Skruffs could be soup scum/Cafeteria godfather, so I have my eye on him. Lunch lady definitely could be that. That would also, point to Battlemage as being the equivalent administration godfather. But heres the thing, while the "rank" in the kitchen of a lunch lady is ambiguous, I dont think the admin godfather would be the librarian. Do librarians run schools where you come from? Since I see an equivalence in the roles of battlemage and skruffs I therefore think skruffs is lower ranked than the chief scum would be. Therefore I assume, tentatively, that Fonz's investigation clears skruffs. That in turn makes me more willing to believe battlemage as well. This is all uber-speculative, I know. But the whole thing just seems to make sense if I look at in in the context of their play. Personally, I think scum are keeping a lower profile so far - as they often do in early days.

I will say that I got to the point earlier today where I felt that Skruffs is being overdefensive. He's felt like he's fighting hard to ward off accusations that really dont seem to be gathering that much strength. So... chill. I didnt draw any alignment conclusions from that though. Scum and townie both get overdefensive. It's one of those dumb "stereotypical" scumtells that I put no stock in whatsoever. I'm more mentioning it because it sort of annoyed me since I thought his defense was taking up too much time and space in the thread and felt repetitive.

Now as for Korlash and Flameaxe. Since when do I need to pick sides between people acting like goofs/jerks. Two wrongs don't make a right. For Flameaxe as far as I can tell this fits his meta. He is a self described "asshat". I do not agree with the idea that he is "not usually a troll". In my opinion if he isnt being a troll in a game it's because he hasnt found an opportunity. In early days he sits back and takes notes and asks questions. If you pressure him - at all - he acts like a ude brat who could use a good swift kick. As the game progresses he becomes less trollish and more talkative. Personally, I think that kind of play is... not to my taste shall we say... because it lets flame-scum lurk too long. But him being snide is not in and of itself a scumtell. I went after him for this kind of behavior in a recent game, myself, by the way. In that game though, I had other meta info to go by as well (thanks to our good game wrecking friends at somethingawful.com!).

In this game I think he's being a prick to make Korlash take the game seriously which I dont actually see as
totally
anti-town (just sorta...). Korlash has been playing as a "mini dripping goofball" style, I think (with apologies to our mod) and could stand to take the game more seriously. Hiding behind the mason claim and making flippant jokey remarks doesnt impress me and neither does insisting that someone claiming roleblocker shouldnt need to tell us who they blocked.

That having been said since Flameaxe has achieved what can be achieved by this behavior at this point, I too would like to know what he meant by "1326". I have my ideas but I'm not putting words in his mouth. I want to investigate them when they come out of
his own
At this point, Flame and Korlash, this whole thing is getting distracting so it'd rock if we could move it past the stage of table-tennis recrimination.

Also, we need to remember that the mason-cops are
unconfirmed
to each other. I wouldnt be surprised if one of them is some kind of scum. Right now, Korlash isnt looking too great but I aint throwing food yet. Korlash, you clearly... CLEARLY... havent done a thorough re-read and it shows over and over again. For example, Mneme HAS TO speak Japanese in each post. It's a post-restriction. Chiding him for not doing so shows evidence that you arent putting effort into really knowing enough information to scumhunt correctly. And THAT is, in my books, a fairly reliable scumtell at worst and anti-town at best.

Personally, I also still have my eyes on old mister peas and hot coffee for soup scum. He's just one of the people who isnt getting enough attention while the pissing match goes on. That having been said, I dont have any behavioral reasons to suspect yamahako yet. It's more that peas make pea soup and coffee is a grown up's drink.

Whew. I guess I missed posting over the holidays. Sorry for the verbal diarrheah. :p
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1395 (isolation #46) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:32 am

Post by cicero »

Yeah I caught that. It's just an oversimplification. Korlash is repeatedly showing that he hasnt been reading the plot developments whereas I made a name brainfart.

Yes more people should be posting more. Now that the holidays are over, let's rock this joint, yo.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1467 (isolation #47) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by cicero »

I'm more interested in why there was the sudden switcheroo from ckillor to Gorgon. Arent they equally likely based on the whole list order theory? What am I missing?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1471 (isolation #48) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by cicero »

So now if Hasd is scum, Gorg is cleared?

Here's an idea - how about we lynch the people being scummy.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1476 (isolation #49) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by cicero »

hasdgfas wrote:I'm pretty sure that it's coincedence. And sorry about not posting more, but this game needs much re-reading and is tough to replace into with less than a week before deadline.
You're pretty sure that what is a coincidence? That you and Lowell are both scum? O_o
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1478 (isolation #50) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by cicero »

That doesnt cut it. You said "is" instead of "would be".
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1482 (isolation #51) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by cicero »

You see why I hold my powder?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1484 (isolation #52) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by cicero »

We'll. I guess we'll see. Sorry but I don't buy it.

Smear ham sandwich on hasdgfas
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1516 (isolation #53) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by cicero »

Skruffs. Words cannot express how much I want your old avatar back.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1521 (isolation #54) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:05 am

Post by cicero »

I have a speculative guess about the masons which I think is probably obvious to some but anyway... I think you all need to work together on the same target. As you work together your percentage chance of getting a correct result will go up. Going up to 100% if all masons target the same person. I have no idea whether the death of one mason buddy would result in you never getting 100% or needing less cooperation to achieve 100% but that's my guess anyway.

Did you consider working together?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1527 (isolation #55) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:30 am

Post by cicero »

Gorgon, I love you man. But that to me looked a hell of a lot like an empty post for the sake of posting. Got anything substantive to add?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1539 (isolation #56) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by cicero »

tap tap tap.

Is this thing on?

This game is too fun for dying.

I think I'm gonna go figure out some questions for you people...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1546 (isolation #57) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by cicero »

Questions: Round 1. Contestant: Yamahako!

@yamahako:

Earlier you were considering scum to be ABR and Skitzer. Some questions:

1) What is your case against them again?
2) Who do you think is more likely to be scum?
3) Why did you stop pursuing cases against them.
4) Do you have a top three scum now? What direction should we pursue today
5) You said both of these things. One early and one late:
Yamahako wrote:I think the BM and Skruffs thing is just out of hand - and I think they are both town to be honest. The only person who I am 99% sure about is Skitzer... his last post is horribly scummy - and he's used the same scum logic before today.
Yamahako wrote:I believe that Battle Mage and Skruffs are members of the same mafia - purposefully arguing to distract the town.
What changed your mind? What do you think now?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1547 (isolation #58) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:43 am

Post by cicero »

Mod: Request that you prod all players
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1558 (isolation #59) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:06 am

Post by cicero »

Yamahako wrote:I'll post a response sometime today
Today is over. Well...the today you posted that.

Throw sandwich at Yamahako
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1560 (isolation #60) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:14 am

Post by cicero »

Why do you two snipe back and forth but never actually throw food at each other?

I'm not trying to goad you to do it. I'm trying to figure out the sincerity of your accusations.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1562 (isolation #61) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:26 am

Post by cicero »

I dont think either of you are scum, really. But that answer seems kind of scummy. If he's not the only scum, who do you think is scummier?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1564 (isolation #62) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:31 am

Post by cicero »

I'm troubled by how many people in this game are just running out the clock.

Are you all doing it to make your alpha strikes have more power on February 5th?

FOS FUCKING LURKERS{/b]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1565 (isolation #63) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:31 am

Post by cicero »

FOS FUCKING LURKERS
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1572 (isolation #64) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:42 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:Yamahako has an 'innocent' on him, though, right?
Which innocent? Not that it matters that much because he'd need two innocents or a coordinated mason innocent for me to absolve him.

But I forget. Who cleared him?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1574 (isolation #65) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:44 am

Post by cicero »

aye. Like I said, it's either that the masons arent really cops at all (naive) or that they need to work together to find a guilty. Three full cops plus a soup cop and an admin cop... well, that's obviously town OP. It's always been clear to me that the masons had to be gimpy in some way.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1576 (isolation #66) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:48 am

Post by cicero »

Thanks. A Tarhalindur innocent is, imho, meaningless.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1578 (isolation #67) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:55 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:Still, while I agree that Tar's results are useless, that's my opinion. opinion.

When there are like 15 players, it makes no sense to try and lynch players that have an innocent on them, even if it's possibly from a naive cop, than it is to go after those players that have NOTHING On them.
I dont think that as the right play here. I can see why you would say that seeing as you are one of the players benefitting from such an innocent, but I have to call it as I see it. It seems infinitely more likely that the mason cops innocents dont mean anything, so I'm going to ignore them. I'm not ignoring the other cops though.

The part of your post after "Re: Battlemage: were you talking to me or to him? About me or about him?" I got confused.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1584 (isolation #68) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:35 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:Cicero: I am also NOT saying we should take the innocents as anything more than claimed innocents. But in the off chance that the cops are NOT naive, there is NO reason to kill the people they have cleared, NOT when there are SO MANY players that *aren't*... That makes sense to you, right?

Toss three french fries at Gorgon
I asked Yamahako some questions. He said he'd answer. He hasn't answered. He has food like a grown up and a soup scum. You are stopping me from pressuring him which will let him float through to end game, based on a situation in which we know that it is far more likely that the mason-cops results are not trustworthy. I'm not down with that.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1586 (isolation #69) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:40 am

Post by cicero »

Don't let me stop you from poking Gorgon. I think he's a very good lynch choice for today and I have my can of coke primed for a possible shot to his head. If you look back you'll note me commenting that one of his posts looked like posting for the sake of posting. I stand by that.

I've just been trying to attract a broader player base back into the game starting with my lingering suspicion dude.

Incidentally, half this game is lurker-ville right now. If we dont turn our attention to that before February 5th, I HIGHLY recommend that the active players stop sniping each other and turn their attention to the shadows.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1587 (isolation #70) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:41 am

Post by cicero »

eDWOP: Incidentally, half this game is lurker-ville right now. If we dont turn our attention to that before February 5th, I HIGHLY recommend that the active players stop sniping each other and turn their attention to the shadows tomorrow.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1589 (isolation #71) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:26 am

Post by cicero »

yamahako wrote: how about you comment on the game yourself rather than continually ask questions and complain about lurkers? If you commit to statments I bet you'll get more participation - if that's your real goal (as opposed to just appearing town.) IGMEOY.
Thanks. I need to go back and fully digest your answers in light of the facts but in the meantime the above paragraph turned you from a somewhat suspect for me to a major suspect for the game.

I's an obvious OMGUS that doesn't have a shred of basis in reality. I've taken stands, popular and unpopular, throughout the game on issues and players. Questions have, in fact, been more limited.

A cursory honest read of my play demonstrates the misrepresentation inherent.

Tsk.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1599 (isolation #72) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:22 am

Post by cicero »

...and now he's throwing his food at a claimed mason-cop from the masons who provided him with the innocent result that skruffs wants us to obey. Yamahako, I have to hand it to you that you might just be town because I don't know if scum would have the balls. But your view of this game doesn't line up with my view of this game at all.

I think with Gorgon and Yamahako we may have two soup scum.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1601 (isolation #73) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:23 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:but not admin scum? Why do you say that, cicero? Do you know who the admin scum are?

i'm dumping the rest of my food tonight, prolly aroound 9PM EST. Gorgon, post or perish. ^.^
Gorgon throws consomme. Yamahako throws peas. Soup materials.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1616 (isolation #74) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:32 am

Post by cicero »

Kinda strange to be dead since my PM clearly tells me I have nightkill immunity.

So bah. Go admin scum.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1935 (isolation #75) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:17 am

Post by cicero »

OK. Why did Jordan/Holy come up listed as a townie?
Mod wrote: Holy(repl. JordanA24) - bashed in the head, Frances Bean Counter, aka"townie"
He was not a townie. He was my scumbuddy. Did you switch roles around and add the death millers (and make JordanA24 the opposite of a death miller) after Tarhalindur realised that the groups were given away in the Day One graphs as a damage control measure?

By the way, I was robbed as well. I was the Godfather of the admin scum and was nightkill immune. I was totally unsuspected for lynching as well. DGB apologised to me by PM. As I said to her then, no problem DGB. Shit happens.

Thanks for a fun game.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1951 (isolation #76) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:24 am

Post by cicero »

Where oh where is the mod to respond to my humble queries?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1953 (isolation #77) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:18 am

Post by cicero »

What you didnt know Skruffs was that you were Admin scum's patsy. We didnt know how. But our role PMs told us you were unknowingly helping us. We assumed that your bad behavior notes were taking away doc protection or something like that. But that also led me to belief that Battlemage was the soup scum version of you for them. Since I didnt want you lynched I came out saying you were both less likely to be scum.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1957 (isolation #78) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:04 am

Post by cicero »

No. Apparently the idea was that we were supposed to acquire Skruffs' Bad Behavior Notes.
Moderator wrote: Accumulation of 3 BBN gives: if player is SK, one extra kill; accumulation of 9 BBM per scum team gives one extra kill, accumulation of 6 BBM if player is town, player is recruited and offered to pick a scum team.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1961 (isolation #79) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:32 am

Post by cicero »

I think DGB fiddled with the game in the middle.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”