ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by ooba »

STRIKE A LIGHT

That was a crazy move .. Please do not be hasty ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:15 am

Post by ooba »

kuribo wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: I'm not even sure why everyone fees the need to run in and right away strike a light.
I agree with this one--- striking a light doesn't "prove" you're a townie, and only serves to put the town in danger.

I'd like to hear from some of you who have struck your lights already, and tell us why you're doing it.
It is a neutral move - Disadvantage with it is that stupid townies can blow you up (ala Greasy Spot) - but it is in the townies best interests to discuss and then have two people blow each other up - It does not put the "Town in danger" as you stated it. No particular advantage . So i guess i struck a light because i can.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:57 am

Post by ooba »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
It is a neutral move - Disadvantage with it is that stupid townies can blow you up (ala Greasy Spot) - but it is in the townies best interests to discuss and then have two people blow each other up - It does not put the "Town in danger" as you stated it. No particular advantage . So i guess i struck a light because i can.
No, Ooba. It is not a neutral move!

it's a move of hostility. It puts you in a power, within 24 hours, to kill anyone. It puts you immediately in danger of being dynamited.

If we would discuss before the lights are struck, then things would be better.

The problem is that you guys are blinded with the power of being ABLE to kill someone that you aren't thinking logically.

I'm really feeling Ooba to be scum.
Its a neutral move from the standpoint of a smart townie - if the entire town (scum have to agree to this too) decide to discuss about the possibilities of who to kill and then make them blow up each other - then me striking or not striking a light has no effect on the game.
kuribo wrote:Risking two fast town kills before moving to night with no discussion is NOT a neutral move.

Because you guys struck your lights already, we could wind up with as many as SIX dead townies before we've even begun discussions. How is that neutral?
Did i say i'm striking a light to kill someone after 24 hours? - I did it because i think its neutral and does not affect the game in anyway.

I consider this a normal game with two lynches. I am not going to dynamite anyone without the town consensus.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:32 am

Post by ooba »

kuribo wrote:But you're opening yourself up to someone dynamiting you recklessly, which is still bad for the town.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
ooba wrote:Its a neutral move from the standpoint of a smart townie - if the entire town (scum have to agree to this too) decide to discuss about the possibilities of who to kill and then make them blow up each other - then me striking or not striking a light has no effect on the game.
No, it
does
affect the game. If you're pressured and scum, you can dynamite one of the most townish players instead of being dynamited by someone scummy. Similarly, if another scum's being pressured, that scum can dynamite you. For the town as a whole, there can only be negative consequences.
Point taken. I shall not Strike a light at the beginning of anyday henceforth. The entire town should follow this.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:57 am

Post by ooba »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:But now that you struck a light anyway, who'd you like to see blown up most, ooba?
Well a lot of players haven't even posted once . It's like asking who do you think is scum in page 3 of day 1 of a normal game - too early to tell.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
PokerFace wrote:1) you encouraged someone to blow up blaze runner early in the game. Why? Got other reasoning or were you just agreeing with greasy spot?
2) anybody but you should blow him up of course and then you say you'll blow up someone that votes you?
1) Yes. I thought Blazerunner was trying to blend in. It would've been better if someone else had killed him, though.
2) That 'anybody should blow him up' was because I wasn't sold on Greasy Spot's guilt. I'd rather have waited for a better target to present itself. The second post was nonsense.
Don't you think we would have more information if we had waited for each of the other players to weigh in on the Blazerunner blowing up before actually doing so?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by ooba »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Ooba, as soon as your 24 hours have passed, feel free to dynamite the hell outa Quag.

Quag, if you have anything to say in the meantime, I suggest you hurry up.
Which part of more discussion helps the town don't you get? Or was this supposed to be some joke ?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by ooba »

LoudmouthLee wrote:@ooba - would you dynamite surye?
I think its too early .. Later maybe if that's the consensus we reach .. However i'd rather not dynamite anyone seeing as i'm town ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by ooba »

Adel wrote:
ooba wrote: i'd rather not dynamite anyone seeing as i'm town ..
vote: ooba
Why? I'd rather not be chosen to kill someone as I know its a wasted cardflip. However if the town decides i should be the one dynamiting or blown up, I'd do it.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by ooba »

pickemgenius wrote:
ooba wrote:
Adel wrote:
ooba wrote: i'd rather not dynamite anyone seeing as i'm town ..
vote: ooba
Why? I'd rather not be chosen to kill someone as I know its a wasted cardflip. However if the town decides i should be the one dynamiting or blown up, I'd do it.
you'd blow yourself up???
Umm no. I'd follow the consenses and blow up the other person the town deems scummy.

If you're going to have me blown up , fine - at least let the others chime in before you do that - more information that way ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by ooba »

LoudmouthLee wrote:or...

DYNAMITE: OOBA
[/b]
You could have waited at least ..