elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #117 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Not really sure why LML told everyone to wait to dynamite for everyone to check in and then dynamites ooba. I guess it's because he sounded like he was bluffing (as pointed out by Adel). I wouldn't expect a scum-LML to give up that easily though. Neither would I expect a town-LML. Not what I would expect from LML either way.

I agree with the plan to stop striking lights for tomorrow. We aren't getting enough discussion and dynamiting on consensus.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #144 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Skruffs wrote:I was never sent a PM about this thread or that the game had started - considering how fast mafia got their nightkill in, though, they probably did *all* know it had started and so were active, at least in the beginning of today, if not before then. AIt's a poor meta but definitely something to consider. Too bad there's no protection against mafia kills; we wind up losing three townies per cycle with each mistake a townie makes.
I like how your theory implies your innocence.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #168 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Skruffs wrote:Elvis_knits: I like your resentment of my theory. Tells me you're nervous I might be right; you didn't contradict the theory, only attacked my motivation for bringing it up.
If I thought your theory was right I wouldn't have attacked you. Maybe mafia sent in a kill without talking to all members? Just because a mafia member hasn't posted in the thread, or posted on MS, or been V/LA does not excuse them from being mafia. Maybe before they went away for a day they told their team to go ahead without them for a kill? I think your theory would only hold up if there was a lone mafia member or SK.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #188 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

vote CES

I voted him d1 and still feel he's scummy for this stuff:
CES wrote:I'm actually fine with Greasy Spot DYNAMITING Blazerunner. Or someone else DYNAMITING Blazrunner. As long as it's not me, ofcourse.
CES wrote:I'll dynamite the next person who votes me.
It's just too reckless, and encourages others to do stupid things.

I also am suspicious of pickem. He struck a light D2, saying:
pickemgenius wrote:
Marmalade wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
STRIKE A LIGHT

Hello also.
Why?
why not?

it's now or later. and if i do it now i can act later instead of having to do this and waste time....
So this seems like he really wants to dynamite somebody. Which, okay, I can believe. But then he questions ooba, acting like it would be ludicrous for anyone to want to blow themselves up:
pickemgenius wrote:
ooba wrote:
Adel wrote:
ooba wrote: i'd rather not dynamite anyone seeing as i'm town ..
vote: ooba
Why? I'd rather not be chosen to kill someone as I know its a wasted cardflip. However if the town decides i should be the one dynamiting or blown up, I'd do it.
you'd blow yourself up???
It's like he can't believe ooba would want to blow himself up. If pickem really struck a light because he intended to blow himself up, I don't think it would be so hard for him to believe someone else would want to. Makes me think pickem never intended to blow himself up.

I'm also suspicious of skruffs for the stuff I posted yesterday -- trying to say lurkers can't be scum (which is false), and coincidentally including himself in that group.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #196 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Where did I say "day talk"?

Usually mafia talk before a game starts, right? Even in day start, they talk during confirmation phase, right? That is what I was referring to.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #199 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Skruffs wrote:The context of what you said was that mafia would talk to each other shortly before the explosion happened; making plans for the night talk, in reference to an earlier statement that mafia would be more inclined to be active at the start of hte game because their partners would be discussing things with them and thus they would know about the game before the average joe might.
You're reading into my post stuff that isn't there.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #246 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

vote CES

Been trying to get rid of this guy for how many days now?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #268 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
elvis_knits wrote: Been trying to get rid of this guy for how many days now?
Just yesterday, I think.

I'd rather see Elmo or Yos blown up, but I will do so myself if y'all really think I must.
I've been voting you since D1. It's just never gone anywhere since people keep blowing themselves up without looking at the votes.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #288 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yosarian2 wrote:Really, you're a better player then this. You've played enough games with me to know better then to act like I would delibaratly act stupid as scum in order to try to trick the town. Is that really all you got?
Talking down to other players always rubs me the wrong way.

I say CES and Yos blow each other up.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #294 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yosarian2 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Really, you're a better player then this. You've played enough games with me to know better then to act like I would delibaratly act stupid as scum in order to try to trick the town. Is that really all you got?
Talking down to other players always rubs me the wrong way.
I'm not talking down to him. I'm quite serious. I know he's a good player, and I don't think there's any way that a player of his caliber could really be convinced that someone is scum just because I thought there were 2 nights instead of 3, or becuase I used a rolly-eye-face (which is not only an absurd scumtell, it's also something I use a lot in pretty much every game I've ever played ever). Ergo, if that's all he's got, I think he's scum trying to manufacture a false case, which is why I'm voting for him.

I say CES and Yos blow each other up.
:roll:

So, does that mean you agree with me that CES is probably scum trying to manufacture a case, or not? Because if you do, then why do you want me dead, exactally?
You're totally twisting my words, and attributing stuff to me that I never said. I'm voting CES for his reckless comments, encouraging people to blow each other up without discussion. I am not voting CES because he is attacking you.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #296 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

The way he is responding to you... like "you're a better player than to actually suspect ME of being scum." It's like saying only stupid people would think he's scum.

And he's voting you. If he thinks you're scum, wouldn't he be attributing your actions (voting him) to being scum, and not to being stupid? If he just thinks you are misguided townie, he shouldn't be voting you. And if he thinks you're scum then he shouldn't be asking you to play better.

I originally thought that the fighting between you two was buddy-fighting, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think Yos is implying he knows you are town. Which is pretty weird if he's voting for you.

unvote CES; vote Yos
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #300 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:The way he is responding to you... like "you're a better player than to actually suspect ME of being scum." It's like saying only stupid people would think he's scum.

And he's voting you. If he thinks you're scum, wouldn't he be attributing your actions (voting him) to being scum, and not to being stupid? If he just thinks you are misguided townie, he shouldn't be voting you. And if he thinks you're scum then he shouldn't be asking you to play better.

I originally thought that the fighting between you two was buddy-fighting, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think Yos is implying he knows you are town. Which is pretty weird if he's voting for you.

unvote CES; vote Yos
Now who's twisting words? Yos was criticising CES's specific reason, not his general accusation, and I would tend to agree that CES's conspiracy theory regarding the "two-night tell" is total crap (would you?) He wasn't calling CES stupid, he was calling him smarter than that.
I never made any judgement on CES's reasons for voting Yos. I do think the two-night-tell is nonsense. I was only commenting on Yos's reaction, which I didn't like. And I do think saying "you're smarter than that" implies the person is acting stupid. It's a slightly disguised insult. And a manipulative way to get somebody off your back.
You'd have to be reading pretty sloppy and posting even sloppier not to catch stuff like that. It isn't exactly nuance.

Vote: elvis_knits
she's been manufacturing cases all game.

Also, I could have sworn Scum was an alt of Sum.
Manufacturing cases all game? O rly?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #324 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

elvis_knits wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:The way he is responding to you... like "you're a better player than to actually suspect ME of being scum." It's like saying only stupid people would think he's scum.

unvote CES; vote Yos
Now who's twisting words? Yos was criticising CES's specific reason, not his general accusation, and I would tend to agree that CES's conspiracy theory regarding the "two-night tell" is total crap (would you?) He wasn't calling CES stupid, he was calling him smarter than that.
I never made any judgement on CES's reasons for voting Yos. I do think the two-night-tell is nonsense. I was only commenting on Yos's reaction, which I didn't like. And I do think saying "you're smarter than that" implies the person is acting stupid. It's a slightly disguised insult. And a manipulative way to get somebody off your back.
You'd have to be reading pretty sloppy and posting even sloppier not to catch stuff like that. It isn't exactly nuance.

Manufacturing cases all game? O rly?
I like how nabakov and quag ignored my response.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #326 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:42 am

Post by elvis_knits »

You said you agreed with nabakov's case against me. If that's not your case, then why would you say that, and what is your case?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #330 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Elvis_knits wrote: I like how nabakov and quag ignored my response.
I like how you ignored Yos' reponse. Anything I would have said would have just repeated.
Yos's response? All he said was sorry if he comes off condescending. What am I supposed to do with that? Anyone would say that. It changes nothing.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #364 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

pickemgenius wrote:@Surye- if you were able to blow someone up right now who would it be?
@Elvis- same question
Yos or You.

I posted earlier how I didn't like you striking a light and then seeming like you never intended to blow anyone up. It seemed like you were only striking a light for show. I don't think you ever responded to me about that. Did you intend to blow anyone up the first day? Would you blow anyone up now?

I've been thinking about blowing up Yos. I really don't like it when people play the you're-smarter-than-to-vote-me card.

Although this could just be Yos's naturally pompous nature...

I don't believe CES's point that "Yos miscounted the nights in order to look pro-town" is a good scum tell at all. Which makes me feel a little stupid voting Yos. Although I still have a gut that he's scum.

I'm thinking of moving my vote (maybe to you depending what you say about my questions), and wherever I move it, you can be sure that that is the person I would blow up if the town wanted me to do so.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #382 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Marmalade wrote:Of the two that have already striked a light, I would prefer Claus to blow someone up. Yos would be a pretty bad target to be honest, especially since those voting for him are all relatively suspicious.

Not sure exactly who I would want Claus to explode at this point, but I think probably Surye, skitzer and elvis_knits are all okay with me, although I need to re-read to confirm this.
I don't like how this guy pretends to want Surye, skitzer, or me to be blown up, yet does not vote anyone. Not voting lets other people stay at the top of the list. If Marm really doesn't want Yos to die, he needs to vote for someone else.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #392 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:05 am

Post by elvis_knits »

kuribo wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote: It seems I'm all alone on the elvis_knits wagon. If nobody else is willing to join me, I'd likely move to Sarc or Yos, but I'd take some time to figure out which.
I interpret that as "No one is listening to my accusations, but if you guys are willing to kill someone, I'd be perfectly willing to help."
Kuribo, I notice you are not voting.

Why?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #399 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I am having a big problem with the non voters.

And I have to admit I actually haven't read Yos' long post this page...

I probably should as long as I am still voting him
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #402 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

yos wrote:

I'm also attacking you for your "three scum" slip.

We've been over this too many times...

I'm starting to wonder if certain people just keep bringing this up because they know there are actually 4 scum, and they want an excuse to keep saying "3 scum" because they don't want the town to notice that we're very likely in lynch or lose tommorow. Which is not necessarally directed at you, more at CES and Elvis since they've been beating this drum a lot more then you have, but it's making me wonder.
Actually, I never really cared about this supposed slip. It's only a slip if there's 3 scum in the game and I don't really see that as possible. My biggest reason for voting you was the way you were trying to get CES to unvote you by saying he's "a better player than that."

I am noticing Sarcastro made similar statements
Sarc wrote:Skruffs, stop acting foolish.
So I support Sarcastro exploding too.

And Kuribo... so you're not going to vote because you aren't clear who is scum?? Do you have any comments about who might get blown up today??
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #406 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I feel like Surye is panicking.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #455 (isolation #23) » Fri May 02, 2008 7:51 am

Post by elvis_knits »

How much time was really left?

vote surye
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #464 (isolation #24) » Mon May 05, 2008 7:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Do we have 2 votes now?

I thought having 2 votes was pro-scum who can vote their scum buddies for distance while pushing another forward at the same time...
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #491 (isolation #25) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't support quag exploding. I support some combination of Surye/Yos/Kuribo.

Since we may be at lylo, I think we should wait a bit before exploding.

Why is there this sudden rush to strike lights?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #537 (isolation #26) » Fri May 09, 2008 11:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Elmo wrote: Elvis: In 406, you said you had the feeling Surye was panicking.. anything in particular to prompt that feeling?
Mostly that he was more involved in the game only when it looked like he would have to die. He was posting a lot and sort of flailing around. He seemed to be throwing suspicion on anyone and everyone, as I recall.

And for somebody who was posting so much the days before the deadline, I find it fishy that he never actually exploded.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #556 (isolation #27) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Elmo wrote:That doesn't seem accurate to me. I can't find anywhere that he's said he thought you were pro-town, and he's been somewhat suspicious of you since his first post. Why do you think he's flip-flopping to that extent? Also, you seem to have attacked (and voted) CES and now NabNab predominantly based on their attacks on you. Do you think your actions could reasonably be interpreted as OMGUS? (n.b. attacking people purely because they attack you).
Well, not long ago, NN was defending me against Elvis's attacks on me, using them as a way to go after Elvis. Then, today, after seeing everyone else suspect me, suddenly NN wants me dead, but in wierd ways, no actual case made for me being scum or anything. It does feel like a flip-flip.

And I don't OMGUS vote, but if someone is acting scummy, I won't NOT vote for them just because they're acting scummy while attacking me.
Maybe NN realized I was right about you?? It's not like changing your mind is a scum play.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #582 (isolation #28) » Fri May 16, 2008 4:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Elmo wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:With that in mind.
Unvote; Vote: Kuribo

I highly advocate he explode (and I would certainly be the one willing to do it) unless he has an extremely good answer to the following question:

Why did you strike a light and do nothing with it?
Explain.
Kuribo struck his light in the middle of my tangle with Yos, and the implication (from my angle anyway) appeared to be that he was confident in my scumminess and was going to blow me up (or he was at least threatening to blow me up). I stood my ground, and he said nothing more on the subject, so I figured there was a fair chance that he had actually been bluffing as I had thought (the conclusion being drawn that he, as scum, would be unwilling to actually do the deed). I even considered dynamiting him myself, but I choose to throw it to the town instead.

Turns out he had an excellent answer.

I nominate CES to backup enforcer.
I read over Kuribo's posts and only see one comment that was about you. It mostly seemed like he wanted Surye dead the whole time and always intended to blow Surye.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #590 (isolation #29) » Sun May 18, 2008 3:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Elmo wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:With that in mind.
Unvote; Vote: Kuribo

I highly advocate he explode (and I would certainly be the one willing to do it) unless he has an extremely good answer to the following question:

Explain.
Kuribo struck his light in the middle of my tangle with Yos, and the implication (from my angle anyway) appeared to be that he was confident in my scumminess and was going to blow me up (or he was at least threatening to blow me up). I stood my ground, and he said nothing more on the subject, so I figured there was a fair chance that he had actually been bluffing as I had thought (the conclusion being drawn that he, as scum, would be unwilling to actually do the deed). I even considered dynamiting him myself, but I choose to throw it to the town instead.

Turns out he had an excellent answer.

I nominate CES to backup enforcer.
I read over Kuribo's posts and only see one comment that was about you. It mostly seemed like he wanted Surye dead the whole time and always intended to blow Surye.
You're probably right, but I interperted it to having something to do with my argument with Yos.
Well I do see that you posted pretty clearly that you believed Kuribo wanted to explode you:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
kuribo wrote:What this town needs is a psychotic man of action to risk irreversible harm but potentially help us win the game.

Sounds like me!

STRIKE A LIGHT
So I take it you plan on dynamiting me?

I'll call your bluff.
Although, Kuribo never says that, or really fights you on your belief.

I do feel like you were pushing him to explode though:
NN wrote:With that in mind. Unvote; Vote: Kuribo

Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #607 (isolation #30) » Fri May 23, 2008 2:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

skitzer wrote: In conclusion, this read-through helped me find someone who was definitely scummy: Elmo. He never was suspicious of surye. Add this to my analysis of Post 221, and you’ve got
Vote: Elmo
I don't understand your analysis of 221. I understand why not being suspicious of surye is scummy, but not what was horrible about 221. I looked at it myself.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #614 (isolation #31) » Fri May 23, 2008 10:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

skitzer wrote:In 221, I see some correlation between elmo's quote, and surye's post. Because if townies stopped striking lights, the scum would win because there would be no day kills.
You're really misreading Elmo if you think he wanted people to NEVER strike lights, and let there be no daykills.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #616 (isolation #32) » Fri May 23, 2008 10:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

But do you think Elmo really wanted the town to never strike a light -- in effect suggesting we no-lynch every day?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #618 (isolation #33) » Fri May 23, 2008 10:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

So what is your problem with 221?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #626 (isolation #34) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think Marmalade might be the most important lurker to mention because there was some suspicion on him early in the game, if I remember correctly. Or maybe it was just me that didn't particularly like him.

Also, still not seeing the connection between Surye/Elmo that Skitzer is making...
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #640 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

vote skitzer

I think his case on elmo is lame.

I will try to look around if I can put my vote on someone who already has a vote, but my real first choice is skitzer.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #647 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

As far as I can tell, the only person who really wants elmo dead is skitzer.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #662 (isolation #37) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote: Skitzer and Yos are confirmed town in my eyes, so I don't want them to (be) blow(n) up, either.
I don't see why either of these are confirmed.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #712 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

CES should die today for trying to confirm Yos as town yesterday.

vote CES
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #718 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't think the scummiest person should be up for enforcer. I think he should be up for being dynamited by someone else. If we are in lylo, the scum can just not "enforce" and skate to victory.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #763 (isolation #40) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:33 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I've been voting and present the whole game. What do you mean, in the shadows?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #767 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

There have been much bigger lurkers in the game... like you (as Marm), and BBM. We haven't killed anyone for lurking hardcore, so I think it would be an even better strategy not to post or vote at all.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #769 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:43 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not really sure that all that is gonna happen.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #793 (isolation #43) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mr Stoofer sends scary prods!

I want to look more closely over the last few days. I want to see whose arguments I don't like lately, since most (all?) of my top suspects are now dead.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #797 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:42 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well I was thinking Flameaxe should die today...

So now we have 3 left...

Only one is mafia, or else they would have already won the game.

I think it's obvious that mafia will not be blowing themselves up today. They don't have to. They can refuse to dynamite, or string it out, and win by getting one more night kill.

I think that after we have discussed enough and closer to the deadline, that we should all strike a light. I don't want to rely on someone detonating who doesn't follow through at the last minute.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #799 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

My parent's anniversary is the 22nd (I think there is a diner planned or something), so I wouldn't be able to sit around online. I could probably get on now and then to check in, but it wouldn't be a sure thing.

So for me, it would be better to do it the 21st, or early 22nd.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #800 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PF can you explain how you came to these conclusions and how you assigned the numbers?

And where do you think you would fit in here?
PokerFace wrote:I wrote the following at work today. I basically did some math based on my point of view as I read the thread during break at work.
These charts may change based on Quag/Marm and CEScum's alignments, and me being alive Day 8 or not. You should probably trust your own logic first before relying on mine if I am indeed dead.
The numbers at the bottom are a bit different than I thought they'd be when I started writing this.

Suspect list in order of individual scuminess:
1 Quag/Marm
2 CEScum
3 Skitzer
4 Flameaxe
5 Elvis
6 NabNab

Suspect list based on connections only to Surye:
1 Quag/Marm
2 CEScum
3 NabNab
4 Elvis
5 Flameaxe
6 Skitzer

Suspect list based on connections only to Yosarian:
1 Quag/Marm
2 Elvis
3 NabNab
4 Flameaxe
5 Skitzer
6 CEScum

Considering the rankings as numbers then the scummiest overall here would be the lowest score:
3 Quag/Marm
10 CEScum
11 Elvis
12 NabNab
13 Flameaxe
14 Skitzer

Pending alignments I'll change/drop some numbers and hopefully have to add one more chart to see who still has the lowest score. If i am dead I trust NabNab to do the vote counting.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #802 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not sure yet who I would dynamite. I'd like to hear from PF about his rankings first... maybe some other things before I make a decision.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #805 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I started looking for everyone's connections to Yos...

Yos made the comment that there were 3 scum in the game. Some people thought it was a tell. Others did not. Now we know it was an actual slip.

Now, if I were mafia, I would know it was a slip right from the start, and I would know that odds are high that it will be exposed as such (either from Yos dying or endgame indicating 3 scum). I think it would be best for Yos' scum buddies to bus Yos over this slip. They know there is no way he's gonna get away with it forever.

Here are our three reactions to Yos' slip:
NabakovNabakov wrote: Regarding Yos' slip: I would actually call it a scumtell. When you don't think about it, you would expect there to be more than three scum in this game, but when you
do
think about it, three actually makes sense considering that there will be
at least
two townie deaths per-cycle. So, when not thinking about it, Yos gives the right/non-intuitive answer, and while I wouldn't go so far as to call bullshit on the "mini mindset" out it's in no way a solid alibi.
PF wrote:I remain not a fan of the Yosarian wagon. The best evidence I saw on Yosarian2 was given in post 284 by kuribo. And since Yosarian's response to it makes sence, that isn't enough to make me vote Yosarian.
(Noting this doesn't refer directly to the slip one way or the other, but it's after everyone was talking about the slip and PF is definitely unconvinced that Yos is scum).
EK wrote:Actually, I never really cared about this supposed slip. It's only a slip if there's 3 scum in the game and I don't really see that as possible. My biggest reason for voting you was the way you were trying to get CES to unvote you by saying he's "a better player than that."
Of the three reactions, I think NabNab's makes the most sense as a reaction that a scum buddy would have. He knows he can't protect Yos. So he has to bus him.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #807 (isolation #49) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I thought you said something along those lines but couldn't find it. So thanks for pointing it out. I think it makes my case even stronger.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #811 (isolation #50) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think I am the same timezone as PF. I am EST, which is I think is GMT-4.

So...

I think NabNab is the scum. His reaction to Yos' 3-scum tell makes too much sense to me.

Also, the fact that he was awake at deadline that other night doesn't make me think he's town. Wasn't Yosarian awake that night too?

The only reason I haven't been around at deadline is because it is in the middle of the night for me. I'm not a night owl. I go to bed between 9-11 each night (I'm cool, I know), but usually don't even go online after dinnertime.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #812 (isolation #51) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I decided to do a better write-up on NabNab's relationship to Yos.

I believe NN has a pattern of attacking Yos, while voting other people. Distance without actually contributing to his lynch.
NN wrote:I'd like to hear a succinct case on Yos from somebody. Up till now, it's kind of been this amorphous blob floating around that people support or oppose. One thing I will say is most of his posts made me go cross-eyed. I haven't known him to be quite that verbose in the past.
NN wrote:Regarding Yos' slip: I would actually call it a scumtell. When you don't think about it, you would expect there to be more than three scum in this game, but when you do think about it, three actually makes sense considering that there will be at least two townie deaths per-cycle. So, when not thinking about it, Yos gives the right/non-intuitive answer, and while I wouldn't go so far as to call bullshit on the "mini mindset" out it's in no way a solid alibi.
Yet... NN not voting Yos, even though he says Yos made a scum tell.
NabakovNabakov wrote:

unvote CES; vote Yos

Now this gets really interesting. NN continues to not vote Yos, which is significant in and of itself. But, he votes me over my attack on Yos. Which is a backhanded way of defending Yos without really being seen as defending Yos.
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Elvis_knits wrote: I like how nabakov and quag ignored my response.
I like how you ignored Yos' reponse. Anything I would have said would have just repeated.
Another pseudo-defense of Yos. Siding with Yos against me.
NN wrote:It seems I'm all alone on the elvis_knits wagon. If nobody else is willing to join me, I'd likely move to Sarc or Yos, but I'd take some time to figure out which.

Then leads the change of wagon to Sarcastro that caused Sarcastro to be blown up instead of Yos-Surye (which is a situation the mafia would NOT want to be in!)
PF wrote:Current Vote Count of Day 4:

Surye - 4(PEG, Skitzer, Ergo, PokerFace)
Yosarian2 - 3(CEScum, Claus, Elvis)
Cogito Ergo Scum - 1(Yosarian2)
Sarcastro - 1(Quagmire)
Skitzer - 1(Surye)
Elvis - 1(NabNab)
Erg0 - 1(Elmo)

Not Voting - 4(Flameaxe, Kuribo, Marmalade, Sarcastro)

16 people alive so its 9 votes needed
NOTE: As of this post, Yos should blow up Surye! Something the third mafioso would not want to let happen!
NN wrote:I don't mind that Surye is dynamiting but I think we could have done better. Quick, everybody wagon Sarc.

Unvote: Vote: Sarcastro
Then PF votes Sarcastro... (interesting).

Which results in this vote count:
PF wrote:Current Vote Count of Day 4:

Surye - 4(pickemgenius, Skitzer, Ergo, Kuribo)
Sarcastro - 3(Quagmire, NabNab, PokerFace)
Yosarian2 - 3(CEScum, Claus, Elvis)
Cogito Ergo Scum - 1(Yosarian2)
Skitzer - 1(Surye)
Erg0 - 1(Elmo)

Not Voting - 3(Flameaxe, Marmalade, Sarcastro)

16 people alive so its 9 votes needed
Which leads to Surye-Sarc being the people who should be dynamited, not Surye-Yos. Surye "doesn't show up in time" so Claus ends up dynamiting Sarcastro. Now that we know allignments, it looks like that was a very close call for scum. If they had been in a situation where they were supposed to blow each other up, it would have looked very bad for both if they hadn't followed through.

NN was the one who bailed out Yos there, and saved the scum that day.

More anti-Yosarion comments without voting him:
NN wrote:
Yos wrote:

So, now I'm the one in the drivers seat, I'm the one who's going to decide who gets lynched today. We're playing kingmaker, and I just appointed myself king. So you SOB's had better start answering my questions, if you want to live to see tommorow.

If a mafiosi were in danger of being 'sploded, this would certainly be one approach.
So in addition to this strange interaction with Yosarian, NN helped manuever the explosion from Surye-Yos to Claus-Sarc on D4. He also baited Kuribo to explode on D5.

To me, this all adds up to scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #814 (isolation #52) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

STRIKE A LIGHT
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #832 (isolation #53) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

lol

I think my lurking got me into trouble here. Plus people were onto us from the getgo, even though mafia managed to make it to lylo.

I was horrified when quag replaced back into the game, and sad when BBM was modkilled. Both those things made it harder for me. If I knew quag was coming back to the game I would have NKed him that night.

It was a very interesting problem for me -- how to make someone else look scummy AND get out of doing the killing yourself. I just tried to make my best case against NN and cross my fingers. I think I should have been more proactive all game. But I was sorta scared because every time I talked there were people like quag and PEG who wanted to kill me ASAP.

Anyway, GG all, and thanks super-mod STOOF!
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #835 (isolation #54) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

OMG did you crap your pants when quag came back into the game?

I did.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #838 (isolation #55) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Damn BBM and his lurking!
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #854 (isolation #56) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Flameaxe wrote:Told you I was a lazy townie.
Now you can tell people that your lurking actually helps towns win.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #855 (isolation #57) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Also, it would have taken incredibly skilled scum to pull off a win once they were taken down to one player. Convincing both remaining townies the other is scum is hard enough, but then backing out of dynamiting either requires a platinum tongue.
Yeah... I really couldn't set that up on the last day. I should have thought ahead more and been pitting you two against each other. I guess I was counting on one of you dynamiting BBM instead of me.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #865 (isolation #58) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I felt like you had the same suspicions... namely that I was scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #867 (isolation #59) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:51 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Which is why one player shouldn't have two chances at one game...
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”