Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Imat »

Obviously we are all a bit confused. See, not to insult anyone's intelligence...You know what? No, I'm not going to reveal my plan because its sufficiently obvious to anybody who knows anything about this game. If you don't understand, too bad for you. If you're Mafia and don't understand, just go with the flow, we need to eliminate the Cult now if either side wants to win.

Truth be told BM, you are only on there for GSGold's active lurking, but your play as of late seems rather Cultish, so I've decided to look into you and GS more closely. Blaze and GW were also on the list, but they have since died. OMG and Elias were not, which is why I'm confused as to how the Town could blunder up so bad with them...But at least we redeemed ourselves with FoO, thats one high point for the many lows.

Why is Norinel confirmed CR BTW?

Also, I don't need to construct facts to fit my needs. I'm not Mafia, no worries there. And, even if I were Mafia, I think I'd have the smarts to read a little bit of the last stuff and take out my top PR suspect, instead of some random hit. If I had had a Night choice, I would've read up BEFORE the night ended. I'm not one to throw my chances on some random decision.

And BM, the "Lied about not reading" bit comes from you, not me. It sounds as if you are saying I lied about not reading. I can see, from your post 864, that this isn't the case so much, but thats what I thought at first. Thanks for clearing that up.

Another note: I don't know what alignment you are. Last night I believed you to be the CR, but if you have a strong case against Norinel I'm happy to listen. I'm not confirming anyone's alignment to myself, I had strong suspicions but wasn't certain of your alignment either way.

And Oman, why the huge concern with "optimal play?" A bit overworried that lynching the Cult leader is a bad play when compared with lynching the Mafia? I thought by now it was agreed that lynching the CR was the better plan, though your worry about voting the wrong party makes me look at you more closely.

Norinel: What strong arguments are there against me being Town? Did Rey fake claim? Did Rey vote hop like a madman? Did Rey not participate in Hunting? Where is this strong evidence, because I have yet to see it. And again, why am I suddenly the CR? First Mafia, then CR? Can I be Town next? Or does that put you at a disadvantage?

And heres where conflict arises: BM agrees (I think) that I didn't read. If I didn't read, and I've never been in a Cult game, wouldn't it make sense to skim and say "That person claimed Cop/Doc, I'll target them." Instead of some random kill? This isn't even WIFOM, I wouldn't have read that people were advocating Fake claims and therefore wouldn't have even thought much about fake claimers. I had three easy targets to choose from, why would I NK a random target? The answer is simple and not WIFOM: I wouldn't. I'm not a bad player, at least not bad enough to NK a random target instead of skimming a few pages to find not one but THREE PR claims.

Good to have a Widescreen Monitor back, everything fits just that much better.

Also, saw this in preview mode, thank you PP for giving at least one suspicious behavior of Rey. I'm not sure I agree its completely Scummy to attack but not vote, but I can see your view here. Thanks for giving me at least one thing to think about in Reyo's/my defense.

One last note: PR in this case is Power Role, not Post Restriction. I've always hated that they have the same acronym...
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Imat wrote:Obviously we are all a bit confused. See, not to insult anyone's intelligence...You know what? No, I'm not going to reveal my plan because its sufficiently obvious to anybody who knows anything about this game. If you don't understand, too bad for you. If you're Mafia and don't understand, just go with the flow, we need to eliminate the Cult now if either side wants to win.
^Same as Imats previous post. More WIFOM with the intention of distancing himself from suspicion.
Imat wrote: Truth be told BM, you are only on there for GSGold's active lurking, but your play as of late seems rather Cultish, so I've decided to look into you and GS more closely.
I assume you mean the fact that i said it is more important to kill
you
said mafia today, than the cult recruiter? lol
Guess what kiddo- IT IS!
Imat wrote: Blaze and GW were also on the list, but they have since died. OMG and Elias were not, which is why I'm confused as to how the Town could blunder up so bad with them...
Omfg, shut up. lol
If you'd been reading the game, youd see that they were both as scummy as hell. Admittedly they came up town, but they were good, well-reasoned lynches at the time. I'm getting a little sick of being criticised by someone who wasn't here, and is quite clearly using the benefit of hindsight of affiliations, as opposed to actually reading the game objectively.
Imat wrote: But at least we redeemed ourselves with FoO, thats one high point for the many lows.
distancing. Btw, seeing as i had FoO as very high on my townlist at 1 point, and i fought against his lynch, why have you not accused me of being his scumbuddy? I'll tell you why. Because YOU KNOW IT IS YOU. :P
Imat wrote: Why is Norinel confirmed CR BTW?
the reasons PP pointed out, plus claiming it in MD.
Imat wrote: Also, I don't need to construct facts to fit my needs. I'm not Mafia, no worries there. And, even if I were Mafia, I think I'd have the smarts to read a little bit of the last stuff and take out my top PR suspect, instead of some random hit.
Again, hindsight is great. Im sure you wont make that cock-up again. But the fact is, you did make it, due to lack of time, or just laziness. We've all been there at 1 time or another. Just you got well and truly caught out. :P
Imat wrote: If I had had a Night choice, I would've read up BEFORE the night ended. I'm not one to throw my chances on some random decision.
Oh sorry, i didnt know you were that kid with an unlimited supply of time!
I thought you were human just like the rest of us, and had a life outside of this game. I guess i was wrong... :roll:
Imat wrote: And BM, the "Lied about not reading" bit comes from you, not me. It sounds as if you are saying I lied about not reading. I can see, from your post 864, that this isn't the case so much, but thats what I thought at first. Thanks for clearing that up.
Its not the case atALL. If you're going to backtrack at least do it properly.
Imat wrote: Another note: I don't know what alignment you are. Last night I believed you to be the CR, but if you have a strong case against Norinel I'm happy to listen. I'm not confirming anyone's alignment to myself, I had strong suspicions but wasn't certain of your alignment either way.
right thats a bit more like it.
Imat wrote: And heres where conflict arises: BM agrees (I think) that I didn't read. If I didn't read, and I've never been in a Cult game, wouldn't it make sense to skim and say "That person claimed Cop/Doc, I'll target them." Instead of some random kill?
lol we dont think the kill was RANDOM. We just think you missed the power role claims, and simply went for someone you thought was active/looked protown/was a good player.
Imat wrote: This isn't even WIFOM, I wouldn't have read that people were advocating Fake claims and therefore wouldn't have even thought much about fake claimers. I had three easy targets to choose from, why would I NK a random target? The answer is simple and not WIFOM: I wouldn't. I'm not a bad player, at least not bad enough to NK a random target instead of skimming a few pages to find not one but THREE PR claims.
Isnt hindsight a wonderful thing? :roll:
Imat wrote: Also, saw this in preview mode, thank you PP for giving at least one suspicious behavior of Rey. I'm not sure I agree its completely Scummy to attack but not vote, but I can see your view here. Thanks for giving me at least one thing to think about in Reyo's/my defense.
There are plenty, believe me. None of which you can really defend against as such.
Imat wrote: One last note: PR in this case is Power Role, not Post Restriction. I've always hated that they have the same acronym...
I wouldnt have believed u until i saw Rosso use that same acronym today. lol
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:51 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Official Vote Count
(Page 36, Day 3)

Imat
– 1 (Battle Mage)
Battle Mage
– 1 (Xtoxm)
Norinel
– 1 (Oman)

Not Voting:
Imat, Norinel, Pink Puppy, dahen

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch. 3 is a no lynch.

NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Imat wrote:Obviously we are all a bit confused. See, not to insult anyone's intelligence...You know what? No, I'm not going to reveal my plan because its sufficiently obvious to anybody who knows anything about this game. If you don't understand, too bad for you. If you're Mafia and don't understand, just go with the flow, we need to eliminate the Cult now if either side wants to win.
What is your plan? Is this it:
Imat wrote:And finally, still looking for that Mafia claim. Remember, the Cult has a high chance of winning this thing if we don't work together to kill them off. A claim is in both our best interests.
That someone should claim mafia, and then we will work with them to eliminate the cult??

YEAH. Mafia: please claim.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Hmm...Haven't posted here for a while...Still think lynching BM is the best thing to do.

I believe Oman.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:Hmm...Haven't posted here for a while...Still think lynching BM is the best thing to do.

I believe Oman.
My meta senses are tingling. When DON'T you think lynching me is the best thing to do??

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:41 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I am yet to find a suitable scenario.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:43 am

Post by Oman »

Why DO you believe me?

Why WOULDN't you?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

point proven. now answer me this: Do you really think i am scum in all the games we share? Perhaps a look at my title might be a good place for you to start. If you find my play scummy in EVERY game, you should probably be thinking "maybe thats just how BM plays" and consider looking into ways you can differentiate between my play in those various games. Have you read a completed game of mine?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I don't find you scummy in mafia 75...Return of the Mafia I think or somehting.

I think you are scum here and Open whatever it is...I'll be shocked if you're not scum there.

And no I never read a completed game of yours.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:46 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Oman wrote:Why DO you believe me?

Why WOULDN't you?
I think the way you went about your claims is a town way.

Umm, changing claims, lurking...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:
Oman wrote:Why DO you believe me?

Why WOULDN't you?
I think the way you went about your claims is a town way.

Umm, changing claims, lurking...
Please assess the difference between the way i claimed and the way Oman did. Just ftr.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:48 am

Post by Oman »

Roger, works for me.

You could be cult, but either way, you're correct.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:I don't find you scummy in mafia 75...Return of the Mafia I think or somehting.

I think you are scum here and Open whatever it is...I'll be shocked if you're not scum there.

probably best you dont directly refer to ongoing games. I know which you are talking about, without you name-dropping. :P

Maybe you should try reading a game where i am dead as scum, and comparing it to this.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:49 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Oman wrote:Roger, works for me.

You could be cult, but either way, you're correct.
Are you refering to me?

I'm kinda clear...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:50 am

Post by Oman »

Yeah. Oh yeah, you're the vig....Lulz. This is me confusing you with XreyoX but taking the fact that Imat was mafia into the equation as well.

I fail.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:51 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I don't find you scummy in mafia 75...Return of the Mafia I think or somehting.

probably best you dont directly refer to ongoing games. I know which you are talking about, without you name-dropping. :P

Maybe you should try reading a game where i am dead as scum, and comparing it to this.

BM
I generally don't find meta-ing in that way so useful, though I do find meta having played with a player useful...Think it's probably cos you get into the feel of a game which you don't when just reading through a completed game and not contirbuting.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:52 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Although I can try looking at a short one if you want, sometime.

And lol @ Oman.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:44 am

Post by XReyoX »

I'm back

Bah~

I've been replaced

Bah~

I'll shut up

Bah~
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

HAI!! :D
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

XReyoX wrote:I'm back

Bah~

I've been replaced

Bah~

I'll shut up

Bah~
You asked to be replaced... wtf?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Maybe if Imat needs replacing he can come back.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:47 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

I'd like that actually.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Imat »

I'd like that as well...But, I won't, because I have no reason to quit. Even though some players are deadset on me being Mafia despite ANY evidence to the contrary. Ah, well, I suppose Townies have to be COMPLETELY incorrect sometimes in order for the Mafia to have a chance of winning. Yeah, thats right BM, I'm saying you and your lackies are COMPLETELY incorrect, in capital letters even.

And does it look to me like Oman's post is less of a simple misunderstanding and more of a "I have to remember which people I've made up lies about" post? I, personally, got the latter, though I'm slightly biased due to the fact that the Town is COMPLETELY incorrect.

I'm sure this has already been covered, but when CR dies the Cult is left as Survivor role right?
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Imat wrote:I'd like that as well...But, I won't, because I have no reason to quit. Even though some players are deadset on me being Mafia
despite ANY
because of no evidence to the contrary.
ROFL. Did you just claim scum?
Imat wrote: Ah, well, I suppose Townies have to be COMPLETELY incorrect sometimes in order for the Mafia to have a chance of winning. Yeah, thats right BM, I'm saying you and your lackies are COMPLETELY incorrect, in capital letters even.

And does it look to me like Oman's post is less of a simple misunderstanding and more of a "I have to remember which people I've made up lies about" post? I, personally, got the latter, though I'm slightly biased due to the fact that the Town is COMPLETELY incorrect.

I'm sure this has already been covered, but when CR dies the Cult is left as Survivor role right?
Yes.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”