Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by caf19 »

Welcome to the game all!
Vote: Greasy Spot

It's time to wipe this greasy spot away... ha ha, aren't I funny.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:51 am

Post by caf19 »

What's up with this teaming-up of Rosso and Darla?
Unvote; vote: Rosso Carne
obv
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:35 am

Post by caf19 »

I also don't see how caf19 got that those two were teaming up. Could you please explain caf?
They both voted Coheed for the same reason (he voted for Darla). Rosso said "no one votes for my girl", as if he was trying to protect and/or buddy up with her. In any case it wasn't a hugely serious reason for voting - I just wanted to have a vote on someone who had actually done something noticeable, as opposed to a name I'd just arbitrarily picked off the list.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:31 am

Post by caf19 »

I can't really explain the fact that nobody's voted for me - it's not like other people's votes are my decision. :?
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:44 am

Post by caf19 »

Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote:
Caf
, I understand that you cannot control who votes are cast on you. With Coheed saying:
CoheedCambria09 wrote:Caf does have a point, It's not like he has some super ability to control who people vote for, he only controls his vote.
I am starting to see some mutual effort between the two of you to lean towards each other. He is sticking up for you by that comment. You previously tried to relieve the vote count from him by accusing his voters of teaming up when you said:
caf19 wrote:What's up with this teaming-up of Rosso and Darla?
Unvote; vote: Rosso Carne
obv

FOS Caf/Coheed
Er, let me get this straight. Firstly you're wary of me because I accused two people of teaming up. Now, you're accusing me of... teaming up. Way to go full circle. Also, if you're really bothered about why nobody voted for me, it makes me wonder why you didn't just vote for me yourself.

I don't have much to say about Coheed really. Putting him at 4 votes wouldn't really be a problem - with 7 to lynch he's not in any danger at 4. I don't really want to put a fourth one on myself (I already vote-hopped once, that's enough for this early stage) but I wouldn't be overly bothered if someone else did.

I agree that Malthusis should be looked into. During the first few pages of the game a "Major FoS" is pretty dramatic - I'd say it is actually more accusatory than a vote, as votes get thrown around for any (or no) reason but a "Major FoS" connotes that you actually want that person lynched, to some extent. I'm not usually a fan of the "testing" tactic Mac employed (they don't seem to yield results very often and I don't think that being cryptic is a good way to act as town) but nevertheless i agree that Malthusis over-reacted.
But to appease: VOTE: Caf19
Lol. Thanks a lot.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by caf19 »

Riceballtail: you jumped on Mac's wagon without providing any real reasoning. Do you actually find him scummy?
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:16 am

Post by caf19 »

I'd just like to say that I think it's legitimate to be concerned about looking scummy as a townie. If you're a townie and you act suspiciously and get yourself lynched, then you've hurt your own team. Of course, if you're worrying about it so much that it prevents you from properly scumhunting or expressing your opinions, then it becomes a problem.

That's mostly theory, though - I don't really want to defend Malth in this instance. Malth's response worries me not because of his concern about looking scummy, but because he seems to be saying that he thought a vote would stand out and a "Major FoS" would not. To me, this is clearly the opposite of how it actually works, given that this was still Page 2 and we'd just seen a page full of random or semi-random votes. So I doubt the honesty of that particular response.
Riceballtail wrote:Everyone is scummy until proven otherwise. A good method is to apply some pressure and see if they provide any/more scum tells or not.
While I admire the aphoristic tone of this response, it wasn't really a straight answer to my question. Do you actually find Mac to be one of the most suspicious players?

While I'm not a huge fan of the Mac wagon, it would be helpful if he actually posted something at this point. Prod, maybe?
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:17 am

Post by caf19 »

Sorry for not posting - I didn't really have much to say after making my last post. :? Activity has jumped recently, though, so here are my thoughts on the people being discussed the most:

Malth - seems petulant and unhelpful. Doesn't contribute much or often. His last post (121) seems to rely largely on populartajo's defences of him rather than creating his own. Hasn't questioned any other players apart from Mac. I'm not entirely sold on his lynch yet though as I'd like to get more info out of today -
Malth
, I'd like a list of your suspicions please.

Darla - also very active and eager, has scumhunted a lot. However, she's suspected just about everyone at some point in the game, and most of these suspicions seem to get forgotten about pretty quickly. Posts 46 and 58 she is suspicious of Amor and me, post 84 she moves on to Macavenger after Amor "answered well enough" to her accusations, post 102 she attacks Mac while defending Malth, post 114 she unvotes Mac as she is "pretty pleased with your explanations", post 124 she suspects Malth Shepherd and Travis all in one with a "main FoS" on Travis, by post 131 she is "pretty good with a Malth lynch". I mean scumhunting is good, but this 'revolving door' style Darla has got going isn't great. She could just be going through everyone, trying to form wagon on someone - anyone - until she eventually succeeds. However, this behaviour could feasibly just be misguided town as much as it could be scum. So I'm suspicious of Darla, but not enough to push for her lynch today.

I've got my eye on Travis too. He doesn't say much then pops up to add his support to the biggest wagon of the day. Admittedly he is not overly zealous as he doesn't vote Malth straight away but his posts seem pretty vacant - he mostly uses other people's reasons for suspecting Malth instead of coming up with his own. Also he doesn't follow up on his questions in 111 - they could just be empty attempts to appear pro-town.

Those are my top three. I'm not a fan of the accusations of Mac or Shepherd - they both seem pretty town to me.

By my reckoning Malth is the biggest wagon at 4 votes (L-3) right now (coheed, Mac, Shepherd, Riceball). It's only page six and I don't think we should be heading for a lynch just yet.

I don't want to vote for Malth at this stage but I will
unvote
. My vote was placed ages ago and I don't want to keep it any more. I will try to post more often.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:07 am

Post by caf19 »

Travis wrote:Let's see of my 3 questions in post 111 only one was answered which shows that he has played a couple of games in the past. Guess I didn't find a lot to go on with that information.
Yes, that's the point. You asked 3 questions and only one was answered. A pro-town player might follow up by reminding Malth of those questions and making him answer them, but you just let it go until I called you up on it.

I quantified my suspicion of Darla in post 132. I did say that she wouldn't be my top choice for today's lynch, though, and I stand by that currently. Malth's lack of posting is preventing us from proceeding at the moment.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #9) » Fri May 02, 2008 2:09 am

Post by caf19 »

Welcome back CES!

Hopefully now that prods are going out, we might get something from Malth.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #10) » Sat May 03, 2008 12:09 am

Post by caf19 »

It's not Darla's willingness to defend that gets to me, it's how easily she changes opinion. Several times already she's said someone looked really scummy, but all it took was one long post from them for her to abandon her suspicion and move on to someone else. It happened with Amor, it happened with Macavenger and again with Shepherd. I wonder whether it'll happen with Malth (although it doesn't look all that likely, maybe because most other people want him lynched too...).
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Honestly with the exception of Mal, I haven't seen a lot of Scumtells from anyone.
That's strange. Here are some quotes from earlier today:
Darla in post 58 wrote:I am still really suspicious of Caf/Amor
Darla in post 84 wrote:Your responses lend nothing that helpful thus far, a possible scum tell. All you have done is implicate Math, instead of looking at others as well, One liner responses are far from helpful for the town.
Darla in post 87 wrote:I find him suspicious personally, My vote would stand pressure or not.
You're saying you didn't find scumtells from Amor or Mac despite repeatedly expressing suspicion of them and voting for them?
FoS Darla
. Not voting yet as Darla also has redeeming features (eagerness, activity, a possible "noob town" excuse) and also because Malth is still right up there. However, her defence of herself seems to be worryingly selective. As well as defending people, she's also done quite a bit of attacking, but she seems to forget all about that once other people start to characterise her as a 'defender'. She seems to defect to others' opinions an awful lot.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #11) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by caf19 »

Thanks for replacing, Smokedank. What do you think about your predecessor, and who are your top suspects so far?

Travis is lurking again btw. Travis, you're never going to stop me being suspicious of you if you don't post more.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #12) » Tue May 06, 2008 4:02 am

Post by caf19 »

Amor wrote:A lot of people seem to be lurking or at least staying in the background -- Travis, Coheed, caf, and Greasy Spot all fit this description at the moment. This worries me a little.
I think I've made my opinions fairly clear, I'm just waiting for Smokedank to weigh in.

As for the others... I think Greasy Spot is getting replaced but the other two should be chased up. Travis definitely needs to contribute more (it's been a week since he posted) and Coheed's contribution has been pretty low all game (his posts are pretty much exclusively one-liners).

We only have 3 days left - do we want to ask for that three-day extension today? Personally, I think we should. Consensus doesn't quite seem to have been reached, and we may have a lot to discuss now that malth's been replaced. I guess we can wait another day or two before deciding though.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #13) » Wed May 07, 2008 12:55 am

Post by caf19 »

goborage wrote:Agree with caf/Amor. I think a deadline extension would be appropriate seeing as how new replacements are here/coming.
Lol, Amor actually said he didn't want to use the extension. However, if Smoke is gonna take a couple of days to get an opinion in then that's more reason why we should use it.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #14) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:30 pm

Post by caf19 »

I live around that timezone, so I expect I'll be able to be around within the few hours before deadline. Therefore, I'm not voting until nearer deadline, especially as Smoke hasn't posted yet. If we aren't lynching Smoke, then Darla or Travis would be my choice (unless it turns out that Travis wasn't lurking by choice and genuinely needs replacing).
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #15) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:52 am

Post by caf19 »

With (approx) 24 hours to go, Smoke hasn't surfaced yet. I guess this means she is fairly inevitable as today's lynch, because even if she does get round to posting a defence there's no way enough people will read it and/or be convinced in time to get a different lynch together.

I think Mac and populartajo should set aside their argument for now while we clarify everyone's opinion on the impending lynch. We have 5 people voting for Smoke, so it's safe to say they would be happy to see her swing. As for the others I think you need to clarify whether you're happy with today's lynch, so we'll have some info on everyone for use tomorrow. Amor clarified his opinion in his last post but I'm not entirely sure of Darla's, tajo's and (particularly) Travis's views. Greasy Spot as well, although we won't get this if he's being replaced.

My view: I'm fine with a Malth/Smoke lynch and will add my vote to it if necessary. Normally I'd want more discussion and/or evidence, but as we're at deadline I'll have to make do. Reasons for my suspicion include: Malth's early over-reaction, saying that a "Major FoS" was meant to be more innocuous than a vote when this was clearly not the case, and general unenthusiasm when it comes actively scumhunting.

I still hope Smoke will come up with something before the end of the day - it would be useful for tomorrow.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #16) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:00 am

Post by caf19 »

We only have a few hours left, and no-one seems to be discussing anything more, so here's the hammer:

Vote OG Smokedank

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”