Mini 589: SSBB Smalltown Mafia (Game Over!)

andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by andersonw »

Hmmm... this game is probably going to be pretty quick.

I'll pick snake.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:02 am

Post by andersonw »

VOTE:PICKEMGENIUS

hi.

i'm really pissed the best character in the game wasn't included. (JIGGLYPUFF)
jk i don't have brawl yet
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #2) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:32 am

Post by andersonw »

I would also be fine with claiming my night-action (although I probably won't use it unless I'm relatively sure of someone being scum).

@CKD: Why do you think it is best to claim in random order?
I am not really sure what kind of person you should target (not very experienced yet).

And I also agree with post 172, although there's always the problem that goborage could be scum and would screw things up somehow.

Mod
: In the first post, it says The Fonz replaced me, when he replaced Dean Harper.

Mod: Fixed
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #3) » Sat May 17, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by andersonw »

I'm fine with a MafiaSSK lynch, especially because of his blatant vote hopping (5 votes in 24 posts?!). Like The Fonz said, he is trying to find someone else to bandwagon. Also, whenever he switched his vote, he barely provided any reasoning at all.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #4) » Sat May 24, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by andersonw »

I didn't use my ability last night, for the reason that I was pretty sure that I would screw up, since there was a lot of spam day 1.

Right now, I also think that The Fonz is pretty much confirmed.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #5) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by andersonw »

iamausername wrote:
Anatole Kuragin wrote:Perhaps you should go ahead and remove your OMGUS vote so we can get down to business.
I'm pretty sure it's perfectly possible for us to 'get down to business' regardless of the fact that Gorrad is voting for you.

I'm gonna
vote: andersonw
, because he's contributed absolutely nothing of substance besides a "my scumbuddy is a good lynch, but I'm not going to vote for him" post.
I didn't vote for MafiaSSK because 1. I don't usually like hammering unless if I'm over 95% sure, 2. This quote by The Fonz:
The Fonz wrote:Gimme a day or two.

With my being very likely to die overnight, I want to make sure i've said everything i can think of.
He told dahill that he wanted to wait a little bit before hammering to say everything he wanted to say, so I didn't want to hammer MafiaSSK.
and 3. I had to post something since I was prodded. I didn't really have anything new to discuss, so I just wanted to say that I thought MSSK was an OK lynch with me.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #6) » Fri May 30, 2008 3:49 am

Post by andersonw »

iamausername wrote:
Not OK. Why do you think you didn't you have anything new to discuss? Why haven't you discussed anything besides my vote on you in this post?
I was trying to empathize that I was prodded.
I would say that I didn't have anything new to discuss because I couldn't really see anything very interesting, and I'm not very good at thinking or bringing topics up.
Maybe you could ask me some questions about some things on the game, and I respond to them? Would that count as discussion?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by andersonw »

iamausername wrote:Using the fact that you had to post because you were prodded as an excuse for not posting content is just ridiculous. You shouldn't have needed prodding, because you should be posting content already.

But if you need questions; who should we lynch today, anderson? And, more importantly, why?
Well, the fact is, I was prodded, and I had to post. There's nothing I can do right now to change it. And my "excuse" for not posting content wasn't I was prodded, but was "I didn't have anything new to discuss because I couldn't really see anything very interesting, and I'm not very good at thinking or bringing topics up. "

For your question, I think Gorrad is pretty suspicious, especially since he protected a 1-shot vig over a tracker or a doctor, and if he was SK, he could just to have claimed to use it since it would be useless to him, and no one could ask him to protect someone later in the game. The above also goes if he is mafia, just not as strongly. I'll have to think about this.
The Fonz wrote: However, reflection leads me to think it's not necessarily scummy on your part. For one, if you were the scum killer, you'd have come up with a better lie imho. If you were not, then there's no reason you wouldn't target the most obvious choice that you weren't killing.
This, and everything else The Fonz said that was like this, is WIFOM (or, at least I think it is WIFOM).

I don't get PMG, so I'm not sure about him.
goborage wrote:
Vote: andersonw
. Why? Because he was off the bandwagon. Simple as that.
If you use your logic like that, then also AK, dahill, and even yourself would be scum, which doesn't make sense.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:37 am

Post by andersonw »

dahill1 wrote:
andersonw wrote:If you use your logic like that, then also AK, dahill, and even yourself would be scum, which doesn't make sense.
if you're talking about the SSK wagon, then i hammered, so i believe that puts me on it.
Oh, my bad. :oops: I was only looking at the votecounts for that, completely forgot.
The Fonz wrote: Explain why it is wifom.

A scum has two options in front of him. One brings him under a ton of suspicion. The other looks much more defensible. Why is it ever in the scum's interests, all other things being equal, to choose the thing that makes him look more suspicious? I think either way, it points to Gorrad thinking the vig protection was the more town action.
Which is exactly why it is WIFOM, because he could be thinking something like "If I claim to have protected the 1-shot vig, then no one will think I am scum because I wouldn't have chosen to protect him if I was scum".
Also, I don't really understand what your last sentence is trying to say. Does it just mean that protecting the vig makes him look town?
The Fonz wrote: Note also that Gorrad is the day's 'obvious' target.
I did note that, but he really is my biggest suspicion right now.
goborage wrote:I'm leaving dahill off that list because he has an accounted for night action. Even if he wanted to, dahill would not be able to pull off an NK without getting caught. Same with me. There is the possibility that AK is scum but I'm going with you atm.
The problem with this is that if you were mafia, it wouldn't be "same with you" because you could make the kill and get your partner to target the player that dahill targets, as what The Fonz said in the previous post.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by andersonw »

dahill1 wrote:i don't see why people are trying to single us out. of course we aren't 100% confirmed, and yes either of us could still be the mafia/SK, but so could anyone else.
I don't see anyone trying to single you or gob out. The Fonz and iam both even said that you two are a bad lynch for now.
It seems to me that they're just reminding everyone that you aren't 100% confirmed, like you stated already.

Does anyone want to give me more questions/comments on my posts?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:20 am

Post by andersonw »

Anatole Kuragin wrote:
andersonw wrote: Does anyone want to give me more questions/comments on my posts?
I find Gorrad suspicious too, but is it for any reason other than his scummy guard action and OMGUS vote?
Well, he also hasn't contributed much, and he's playing way differently from the other mini I was in with him (although he was a cult recruiter in that game, so I'm not sure what to make of it).
But still, the main reason for me thinking Gorrad is scum because of his night choice, and now he's bringing in more WIFOM about his choice.
The Fonz wrote:No, it doesn't mean that. It's like this. 'I could choose to make a protection choice that is really odd and will bring me under a ton of scrutiny. Some people may think this is a strange choice for scum. Alternatively, I could just make a protection that makes sense, and it's a complete non-issue.'

Making that decision makes some people more suspicious of him, and some not. It doesn't make ANYONE less suspicious of him than they were before. Therefore, he's either town who thinks it was a good choice, or scum who would have though it a good choice were he town.
I get what you mean by this, but it made you less suspicious of him (or, at least, it seemed like it, judging from your posts), so if that is the case, then it is WIFOM. If your logic is true and no one becomes less suspicious of him for his choice, then it won't be WIFOM, but I don't think that is the case here.
iamausername wrote:Well, this game's really ground to a halt. Let's get on with lynching anderson already, come on guys.
You didn't respond to my recent points, what do you think about them?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by andersonw »

dahill1 wrote:between the cases of gorrad and andersonw, gorrad's could be either protecting a scumbuddy or just his own personal opinion. IMO, anderson's is the better case as his actions were linked to (or should i say avoiding) the SSK wagon until the very end when he was sure to be lynched.
vote andersonw
I already explained before why I didn't vote for SSK, and I really did think he was scummy, as was also explained before.
And also, it could be Gorrad claiming to use his doc ability so he won't be pressured by the town to use it again.

@iamausername: could you respond to post 407?

And now, Gorrad's last few posts seem very scummy to me, especially saying that he will use his 1-shot vig ability and even admitting that it is "Not exactly the best play on my part". If AK is town, then it could easily lead to a town loss, considering that there could be 2 more kills tonight.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:53 am

Post by andersonw »

andersonw wrote: Well, the fact is, I was prodded, and I had to post. There's nothing I can do right now to change it. And my "excuse" for not posting content wasn't I was prodded, but was "I didn't have anything new to discuss because I couldn't really see anything very interesting, and I'm not very good at thinking or bringing topics up. "

For your question, I think Gorrad is pretty suspicious, especially since he protected a 1-shot vig over a tracker or a doctor, and if he was SK, he could just to have claimed to use it since it would be useless to him, and no one could ask him to protect someone later in the game. The above also goes if he is mafia, just not as strongly. I'll have to think about this.
What about these two parts? I know that The Fonz has already responded to the first part and has shown that it is not that strong, but could you respond to them anyways?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:19 am

Post by andersonw »

iamausername wrote:Yes, Gorrad chose a bad protection target. So did Lawrencelot. Why aren't you pushing a wagon on him, too?
I don't believe that Lawrencelot chose a bad protection target because I would have also protected The Fonz if I were him, since it was a chance for someone to be confirmed. If the mafia targeted The Fonz and he wasn't protected, then having both pikachu and mario targeting The Fonz would have been pointless.
AK wrote:I don't suppose anyone else finds it suspicious that Gorrad just said he was going to kill me.
I find him suspicious, as stated in post 463.

Actually, he has been acting so scummy recently so I'm going to go
Vote:Gorrad
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by andersonw »

This is a pre-emptive bah post.

Bah! :evil:
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:13 am

Post by andersonw »

Oh well. Good job IAAUS.

Any tips on improving my scum play?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 am

Post by andersonw »

The Fonz wrote:One question.

I assumed Gorrad was mafia when he was caught in a lie regarding RBing IAAUN, because the way things worked out, that can't have been possible. So what happened?
AK shot pmg.
Mafia shot AK.
goborage hid behind IAAUN.
I could be wrong.

CKD, I will check it out, but in 1 week, I have summer camp for 2 weeks, so I might not be able to /in fast enough for it. Could I pre-in and then post when I get back?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:15 am

Post by andersonw »

Heh.
andersonw in opening post wrote:Hmmm... this game is probably going to be pretty quick.
And yeah, I'm also mad that AK didn't absorb doc.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”