Newbie 612: Cancelled due to mod error

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Vote: pmchugh
for being in NG 600 with me.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Wed May 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

and pmchugh did post. he voted me
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Wed May 14, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

oh, and im one of ur ICs

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Wed May 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

:D srry Brandi. Yeah, i was the reason. My alt was accidentally put into the same game as my main account.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Nah, i only have the other account bc i thought i could play another game as a "newbie" when in reality I wasnt. Also, I was told by Flay not to use it anymore.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Dean Harper »

OK, first, im sorry i havent been as active as a should be in this game, i had a really tough week at school with lots of tests.

Second, Winter, you need to start spelling wether right. You keep spelling it weather (just one of my pet-peeves).

Third, after re-reading, i believe that Winter is the most scummy for his overreactiveness. I find it amusing however, that no one has made any attempt to show him where he seems scummy besides pmchugh. Including those posts, there are:
W!nt3r wrote:This is hogwash... There was not a "discussion." The people you quote as being part of your discussion only posted what their singular position on weather it was a scum tell or not. To discuss a point would imply that one means to prepare specific points on a subject and procure a dialog on said subject via multiple posts supporting one's point, or countering another's post...

As for my FoS, it was exactly that, a Finger of Suspicion. Your obtuse comment regarding my preparing a vote against you is another misrepresentation. I have made no move to vote you, nor have i posted anything to that effect, implying I have done so is hilarious. Also, seeing as you have been l-2 for 24 hours without being hammered by scum gives me great insight on who is who in this group.

Care to dig your hole any deeper?

I dont believe that being at L-2 in the first day of a game (even a newbie game) constitutes the idea that someone could be quicklynched by scum. IF they were to do this, the best way to proceed on D2 would be to lynch either of the last to voters. Not even the dummest scum would attempt that.

Even if it was not a "discussion" it was a public display of many people's thoughts on one subject, which can be roughly defined AS a discussion. Your point here is clearly overreactive. Does it REALLY matter whether it was a discussion or not? We all read the thread, we all know what it was.

Also included here can be Brandi's large post on page three, post #66.

TartarianCerberus wrote:Btw, before the change in roles, me and W!n were mafia together. Wouldn't be shocked if he still is. (My role changed, I swear)

I dont believe this helps you Tart or Winter's position as scum or town in any way.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #6) » Sat May 17, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Brandi wrote:
Dean Harper wrote:
Second, Winter, you need to start spelling wether right. You keep spelling it weather (just one of my pet-peeves).
It's spelled whether* =P

I lol'd

@Winter: yes, you are right in your assumptions.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #7) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

unvote
we are obviously out of the random stage.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #8) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Id also like to make a note that what Winter said was true, he really wasnt overreactive during his argument with Strappado. He was just being accused of overreaction when in reality he was defending himself fit for the situation. (All of this being gathered after 2 re-reads). This brings me to suspect someone. Pmchugh was the first to say, outside of the actual argument that Winter was overreacting. He was also the one who first told Winter where he looked scummy after the argument was over. This may indicate (at least from my perspective) that scum is trying to make accusations on a subtle and overlooked basis. I also want to state that I KNOW that i made a post just like Pmchugh's after his, trying to give evidence toward the Winter suspicion.
FoS: pmchugh

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #9) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Dean Harper »

What I was trying to say in my post was that I felt that you, being the first to post might have been trying to make false statements toward Winter, trying to put false suspicion where it seemed needed. I only say this because after some re-reads, i have found the argument in Winter's favor (most of the time), especially about him being overreactive. I wonder if you were trying to just place blame, or you were actually trying to scumhunt. The vagueness of your first post after the argument started slightly supports this idea. I realize that I stated that I was looking in Strap's favor after the argument was over, but (even if you dont believe it) this was because I had only skimmed the argument page. I have a tendency to skim over large sections of posting that have really important details.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #10) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Dean Harper »

I think that post is more clear on what I was trying to say.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Mon May 19, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

TartarianCerberus wrote:This is ridiculous...

Unvote: W!nt3r, Vote: J-Man
(or td if Noriniel's replacing J-Man, I think he meant James), just for acting all-around scummy. Either he's mafia, or he's just horrible at making sense.

follow the crowd much? Why dont you make some actual analyses of people instead of saying, "Oh yeah, hes scummy." Put some effort into it, man.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #12) » Wed May 21, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Dean Harper »

TartarianCerberus wrote:5. I completely forgot to include Dean. Like I said, I was in a rush. Now that I have been reminded about Dean's existince, I'd say that he has not done anything scummy, although he hasn't been making many large posts, and therefore might be trying to just stay under the radar as scum.

I'd like to point out that my posts usually arent big because of my posting style. I usually try not to quote, unless i feel it is necessary (quoting I usually do from large posts so ppl dont have to go back and reread). Also, I try to keep it to the point and make all of the points I have in one thread at any one point. Each post (usually) contains everything I am thinking about after reading the thread. I will make a post later after I have read everything on TC containing my thoughts.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #13) » Wed May 21, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Dean Harper »

EBWOP:

Just looking at your last post at a glance TC, vote hopping is somewhat scummy.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #14) » Wed May 21, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Wow thats a lot to read in one sitting, will read teh last two sections tomorrow, and post about it too.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #15) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Dean Harper »

btw, we have a hammer, if my counting is right. 5 votes for a lynch right? page 6 had 2 votes for J by James and TC. Then three on page 7 makes 5.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #16) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Dean Harper »

I dont think the mod made a mistake. I think we have two scum claiming and one townie, or just one townie, another that is very anti-town, and a scum. This thing happened in my last game where we had 3 doc claims in one page. We ended up losing. Yeah, after all 5 votes have been cast, the person is dead as soon as the last one is posted. No take-backs.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #17) » Thu May 22, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Just to clarify, I am a cop too. I think i messed up on my role pms, bc i thought i was a townie until i just went back and checked. Guess it really was a mistake on Norinel's part. This should be nominated for a new scummy, lol.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #18) » Thu May 22, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Man, and i liked this game too...

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #19) » Thu May 22, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

We should have a scummy for best attempt at finding scum in a game of all cops.

Myself, Winter, and Strappado i believe.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #20) » Thu May 22, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

First cheer

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #21) » Fri May 23, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Dean Harper »

I actually love being mafia, so /in for a newbie game

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”